PDA

View Full Version : Warning for wales and Slovenia!

Troy.McClure
12/08/2005, 3:06 PM
See paragraph 3! (http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=298475&Title=Irish+referees+on+international+duty&lid=Main+News&sub=Irish+referees+on+international+duty&navlid=&sublid=)

Just how did that happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek: :confused: :(

Dyl10
12/08/2005, 3:07 PM
Omg!!! UEFA must be losing its marbles

Poor Student
12/08/2005, 3:24 PM
Shall I contact the media here and issue a premptive warning? :D

thejollyrodger
12/08/2005, 4:49 PM
In fairness there has been progress made by the FAI et al in regard to refereeing and were probably going to see more irish ref's in high profile games :eek: (oh dear)

Réiteoir
12/08/2005, 5:18 PM
On the same evening, Ian Stokes (FIFA Referee) and his assistants Martin Moloney and Ciaran Delaney, together with Declan Hanley as Fourth Official, will be officiating at the Wales vs. Slovenia fixture at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

Let's not tell the four of them that the game is actually being played in Swansea :D

jorge
12/08/2005, 5:51 PM
What about that other muppet.

sligoman
12/08/2005, 5:55 PM
We've already been talking about Deering on the Sligo Rovers forum

daveh
12/08/2005, 7:00 PM
Did anyone notice that the iceland v south africa game is on in helsinki :confused: :confused:

Is there some mini international tournament on?

shedite
12/08/2005, 7:06 PM
World Cup warm-up games??? :eek:

None of those countries are going to qualify!

Réiteoir
12/08/2005, 7:07 PM
Did anyone notice that the iceland v south africa game is on in helsinki :confused: :confused:

Is there some mini international tournament on?

The FAI got it wrong AGAIN :rolleyes:

According to the Official Icelandic FA website:

Miðasala á Ísland - Suður Afríka
Nestis-stöðvar ESSO

Vináttulandsleikur
Ísland - Suður-Afríka
Laugardalsvöllur
miðvikudaginn 17. ágúst
kl. 20:00

The game takes place at the Laugardsvollur Stadium - which is in Reykjavik

superfrank
12/08/2005, 10:47 PM
Not Stokes! :eek: :o :( :mad: :mad:

Réiteoir
12/08/2005, 11:12 PM
He'll probably have a decent game (which he generally does - I put the Bray game down as his one off-night of the season) - then it'll be:

Diff'rent Stokes!

Watchew talkin' 'bout Ollie?

Troy.McClure
13/08/2005, 3:36 PM
He'll probably have a decent game (which he generally does - I put the Bray game down as his one off-night of the season) - then it'll be:

Diff'rent Stokes!

Watchew talkin' 'bout Ollie?

Get your coat! :o

Stokes has been consistantly cr@p any time Ive ever seen him. He's not biased against City, he's biased against both teams! :eek:

sligoman
13/08/2005, 5:23 PM
The Wales/Slovenia match on Wednesday night is on Sky Sports 3 at 19:30. So for any of you who wont be watching the Ireland/Italy match(for some bizarre reason) can tune in to this and see how the Irish officials do ;)

Réiteoir
13/08/2005, 7:48 PM
The Wales/Slovenia match on Wednesday night is on Sky Sports 3 at 19:30. So for any of you who wont be watching the Ireland/Italy match(for some bizarre reason) can tune in to this and see how the Irish officials do ;)

Which is what I'll be doing.

Tried to actually go to the game but Swansea is just that little bit too far away

Copa Mundial
13/08/2005, 8:26 PM
How many EL players are representing their countries in full internationals this week??
Agree or disagree with refs decisions on a week to week basis is all part and parcel, but just a little credit from time to time wouldnt go astray. :ball:

Slash/ED
13/08/2005, 10:21 PM
He's not biased against City

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If the FAI get wind of that there will be hell to pay!

Réiteoir
13/08/2005, 10:23 PM
How many EL players are representing their countries in full internationals this week??
Agree or disagree with refs decisions on a week to week basis is all part and parcel, but just a little credit from time to time wouldnt go astray. :ball:

Well said!

All this goes towards improving the standard and recognition of our referees in the future - which is a good thing.

Good luck to them all.

Éanna
14/08/2005, 2:09 PM
Stokes is the worst ref I've ever seen. I lost count of the number of (dodgy)penalties he gave against us last season. he shouldn't be allowed watch football on the telly, never mind officiate.

Conor H
14/08/2005, 9:20 PM
...is the worst.He's the ***** who denied us a blatent peno against Cork. :rolleyes:

sligoman
15/08/2005, 12:35 AM
...is the worst.He's the ***** who denied us a blatent peno against Cork. :rolleyes:Was that not Alan Kelly?:confused:, thought that's what the big uproar was about ie. a Cork ref doing a Cork game?

Conor H
15/08/2005, 11:14 AM
....Was the referee in the replay,another dodgy penalty in that game too,but not nearly as bad as Mckeon in the original match in Terryland.

sligoman
15/08/2005, 11:16 AM
....Was the referee in the replay,another dodgy penalty in that game too,but not nearly as bad as Mckeon in the original match in Terryland.Ah right, my mistake :o