Waterford v Kerry 19:45
Galway v Bray 19:45
Athlone v Cobh 19:45
Finn Harps v Treaty 20:00

Saturday 15th

Longford v Wexford 19:30

sbgawa
12/04/2023, 11:36 PM
With the Premier Divison being so tight apart from the runaway title favourites every week seems to throw up big games.
Bohs v Pats a chance for Pats to show the recent revival is more than a blip.
Rovers need to beat Shels and im praying for an early goal or it will be a borefest like in Tolka.
Dundalk have been really poor but a point against Derry would be a morale boost, Sligo v Drogs a chance for one to distance themseves from the scrap at the bottom and UCD v Cork is a real relegation 6 pointer if Cork win and go 10 points clear of UCD its hard to se UCD coming back.

Galway v Bray the pick of the first division games

brendy_éire
14/04/2023, 12:43 PM
With a night off for Derry, I can actually get to watch a couple of other teams. Bohs-Pats looks the most interesting of the ones tonight. I didn't think Bohs were particularly good against us on Monday, so Pats could certainly come away with a result.
Shels just cannot score this season, with a third of their goals coming from OGs. You'd think if Shamrock Rovers can score just once, that'll be that.
Is tonight UCD's chance to get a win? Cork have been horribly inconsistent, so after a decent win on Monday, a loss to UCD tonight would be bang on form.

Realising that Biden isn't anywhere near Dundalk today, why has our match been pushed back to Sunday? Strange one.

sbgawa
14/04/2023, 1:39 PM
With a night off for Derry, I can actually get to watch a couple of other teams. Bohs-Pats looks the most interesting of the ones tonight. I didn't think Bohs were particularly good against us on Monday, so Pats could certainly come away with a result.
Shels just cannot score this season, with a third of their goals coming from OGs. You'd think if Shamrock Rovers can score just once, that'll be that.
Is tonight UCD's chance to get a win? Cork have been horribly inconsistent, so after a decent win on Monday, a loss to UCD tonight would be bang on form.

Realising that Biden isn't anywhere near Dundalk today, why has our match been pushed back to Sunday? Strange one.

We asked the FAI to push it back so we had the oppurtunity to beat Shels and go ahead of you

culloty82
14/04/2023, 2:09 PM
A tough sequence of games for Kerry begins tonight with the trip to the RSC followed by Galway's visit next week. Since the trip to Eamon Deacy Park, Kerry haven't conceded more than two goals in any one game, albeit having largely played clubs in the lower half of the table, so now that they're facing promotion challengers again, will be interesting to see whether they can provide stiffer opposition on this occasion.

SPXcyan
14/04/2023, 3:13 PM
It could be a long night for Kerry tonight, depends on how hungry the Waterford players are, but the build up to the match has been very positive.

legendz
14/04/2023, 4:29 PM
Kerry have to park the bus. Certain games call for a more defensive approach. Nothing wrong with it.

Shearer
14/04/2023, 4:43 PM
A win for Treaty tonight and a result away to Cobh next week would have us on track.

The Bowler
14/04/2023, 4:55 PM
An absolutely must win game for UCD tonight, a draw of little or no use really, a loss and I'm afraid getting to ten points by mid season will seem an awful long way away.

Calcio Jack
14/04/2023, 7:07 PM
Sloppy lethargic start by Rovers is punished as we go one down to an og by Burke

brendy_éire
14/04/2023, 7:08 PM

Well now.

MichaelCherrito
14/04/2023, 7:09 PM
1-0 Shels. Burke with an own goal. If he tried that on purpose, he wouldn’t score.

It’s 2022 season all over again.

brendy_éire
14/04/2023, 7:46 PM
Really enjoyable, open game in Dalymount. It could probably be 4-4, Doyle's miss from a corner was appalling.
Flores deservedly sent off for a stupid lunge with his studs up.
HT comes along with an announcement that any more flares on the pitch from the Pats fans, and the match will be abandoned. Great stuff.

Have switched over to the Harps-Treaty match. Not as exciting, but there is a spider on the camera lens.

SPXcyan
14/04/2023, 7:46 PM
Terrible game at the RSC, boring sluggish nonsense, zero atmosphere as a result.

culloty82
14/04/2023, 7:51 PM
Terrible game at the RSC, boring sluggish nonsense, zero atmosphere as a result.

Pretty much a case of "needs must" on our part, probably just a matter of time before you open the scoring.

Calcio Jack
14/04/2023, 8:41 PM
Poor finishing cost Rovers in second half should have finished 5-2….. aside from that Duff becoming a joke with his non stop childish histrionics and whinging …. Was an iconic player but sadly now becoming a bit of a ‘joke’

Philosophizer
14/04/2023, 8:45 PM
What a game in Tallaght. Jack Byrne gave an exhibition in the 2nd half. Great match for tv. How Cunningham have motm to matty smith ahead of Byrne or Burke is a mystery.

brendy_éire
14/04/2023, 8:47 PM
aside from that Duff becoming a joke with his non stop childish histrionics and whinging …. Was an iconic player but sadly now becoming a bit of a ‘joke’

Aye, it's bit much. Maybe I'd green-tinted glasses watching him for Ireland, but didn't seem like complained as much as a player.
After the Burke goal, it felt like an inevitability that it'd be a Rovers win. Some poor enough finishing, as you say, but thought Shels deserved a point. They were set up well, and made themselves annoying to play against.

I don't think the UCD win will make much difference to their position come the end of the season, but it feels like a very bad loss for Cork.

culloty82
14/04/2023, 8:49 PM
It finishes 1-0 to Waterford, but Kerry certainly gave it everything, and it was undoubtedly their most solid away performance so far, so the gradual improvement continues.

pineapple stu
14/04/2023, 8:49 PM
Crikey but Cork are crap

sbgawa
14/04/2023, 8:54 PM
Terrible from rovers , wait until we are 2 down to start to play.
Kenny is dire, .

Philosophizer
14/04/2023, 8:57 PM
Aye, it's bit much. Maybe I'd green-tinted glasses watching him for Ireland, but didn't seem like complained as much as a player.

He totally avoided the limelight as a player. Maybe he was a whinger then too but we never really heard him.
No doubting that he’s a very unlikeable guy nowadays tho.

legendz
14/04/2023, 9:01 PM
A sensible defensive approach by Kerry. Galway have beaten Bray 6-0. 9 wins from 9 for Galway. They have beaten every team.

TonyD
14/04/2023, 9:09 PM
Mad game at Dalymount. Pretty much every attack from either side looked like it could lead to a goal. At 3-1 and a man extra Pats looked in a comfortable position at half time but they almost conspired to throw it away with a terrible lack of composure in the second half. In fairness to Bohs they never gave it up and could have got something out of it. Great three points though, and all the drama you could ask for in a game.

kksaints
14/04/2023, 9:10 PM
Crazy, Crazy match but we get the three points. Some super saves by Lyness were needed. We weren't great against 10 men in the 2nd half but we did enough.

Hope whoever collapsed in the stand is ok, hate seeing things like that

Jd2793
14/04/2023, 9:18 PM
city are going down. brutal team.

Shearer
14/04/2023, 9:24 PM
A win for Treaty tonight and a result away to Cobh next week would have us on track.
Christ.

D24Saint
14/04/2023, 9:26 PM
The scenes in Dalymount tonight. That game had it all. I’m absolutely delighted to walk away with the three points.

da bishop
14/04/2023, 9:53 PM
Dominant victory for Harps in Ballybofey,no positives for Treaty here a shambolic effort .

sbgawa
14/04/2023, 10:04 PM
I'm slightly cheered up by hearing bohs were announcing the 2 nil scoreline to deflect from the fact they were losing (no other scores) they really are minnows

Bohtastic
14/04/2023, 10:45 PM
The scenes in Dalymount tonight. That game had it all. I’m absolutely delighted to walk away with the three points.

Cannot, for the life of me fathom how we lost that game.
Defensive shambles for 20 minutes I guess, but created enough to get something - we looked like the team with 11 on the pitch.

Dermobohs
14/04/2023, 10:54 PM
Disappointing result but hugely entertaining game tonight, games between pats and ourselves usually are.ref was a total loose cannon, 4th official threatening abandonment at h/t because of pats fans throwing flares, poor defending and great goalkeeping on both sides, and a proper gutsy comeback from us when we looked dead and gone, marvellous!!!
Really enjoying this season, it’s a real rollercoaster.

Knocklyonhoop
14/04/2023, 11:29 PM
Shels came with a game -loan and it worked. Rovers were awful first half but created enough in second half to win comfortably. A mad season with 1 win out of 5 games at home but for the most part, playing well. Still, have start winning these games at some point

did Bohs really call out the Rovers score solo?!!! ????

nigel-harps1954
15/04/2023, 12:08 AM
So much better from Harps with a decimated squad. Much better.

ToberonaTornado
15/04/2023, 4:29 AM
Watched the Shams v Shels game on TV and great watch,exciting game.I was able to watch tonight because Dundalk are not playing until Sunday.
I'll be watching Sligo v Drogs later today and then i'll be in Oriel on Sunday for our game v Derry.

Shout out for staggered tv/streamed coverage over a weekend? Watching a highlights package just not the same but loving this weekend(so far)

Nesta99
15/04/2023, 5:14 AM
Is it too early to call it the worst standard league season ever?? Not short on entertainment but 8 points between a runners up spot and relegation playoff with a round done says a lack of quality to me rather than a ridiculously competitive bunch of good sides.
Thanks must go to UCD, that slide in to a possible relegation spot is hard to put the breaks on!

Shinkicker
15/04/2023, 8:28 AM
Disappointing result but hugely entertaining game tonight, games between pats and ourselves usually are.ref was a total loose cannon, 4th official threatening abandonment at h/t because of pats fans throwing flares, poor defending and great goalkeeping on both sides, and a proper gutsy comeback from us when we looked dead and gone, marvellous!!!
Really enjoying this season, it’s a real rollercoaster.
I would argue about Bohs goal keeper, a goal directly from a corner and it bounced, then with 6 minutes to go come up for a free kick. Last minute yes but with 6 to go NO way. He's been a bit irratic this season and always hurried. Maybe time to look at Dennison.

sbgawa
15/04/2023, 9:07 AM
Is it too early to call it the worst standard league season ever?? Not short on entertainment but 8 points between a runners up spot and relegation playoff with a round done says a lack of quality to me rather than a ridiculously competitive bunch of good sides.
Thanks must go to UCD, that slide in to a possible relegation spot is hard to put the breaks on!

No it's not to early, it's a terrible standard. Any team that sorts themselves out should win at a canter. Hopefully it's Rovers. Best team.so far i reckon has been Pats from what ive seen and clancy was a late goal against Rovers in tallaght away from being sacked......

fc hammer
15/04/2023, 9:13 AM
Terrible performance from Treaty

2 Year Contract
15/04/2023, 9:35 AM
Mad game in Dalymount as mentioned.

First half both sides created a good number of chances, Pats the more clinical though and could easily have gone in 4-1 up after Mark Doyle put a free header from a corner from 5 yards out over the bar at 3-1 up. The red card as well as the 3-1 lead seemed to get into the pats players half in the second half as they appeared to think the job was done. Bohs pulled a goal back on 62 mins which could’ve been prevented by a tactical foul but after that they dominated without forcing Lyness into a huge amount of chances with their play but he was and has been an absolute godsend in goal in all of his first 5 games since signing.

Paul McLaughlin had an absolute stinker of a performance for both sides. Constantly getting decisions wrong. Flores red card was justified but even for that he took an age to give it after being told by the 4th official/limo how dangerous the tackle actually was. He also should’ve seven given a second yellow to Noah Lewis with 5 mins to go, but just in general there was no consistency in the fouls he was/wasn’t giving, incorrect calls on throw ins etc, it was a shocking performance.

2 Year Contract
15/04/2023, 9:40 AM
I'm slightly cheered up by hearing bohs were announcing the 2 nil scoreline to deflect from the fact they were losing (no other scores) they really are minnows

I was thinking similar at the match. The absolute embarrassment I’d get if pats were 3-1 down at home to Bohs and then the announcer decided to let everyone know during the match that rovers were losing 2-0. Proper small time behaviour

total hoofball
15/04/2023, 10:02 AM
A declining Rovers are still the best of a poor bunch four seasons into their run says it all for me

In terms of LOI premier division it's a strange one for me on the quality. Fitness levels are the best I've ever seen, more players all over the pitch comfortable passing the ball but I see very little standout quality in attack and in defences across the division

Kingswood Rover
15/04/2023, 10:11 AM
No it's not to early, it's a terrible standard. Any team that sorts themselves out should win at a canter. Hopefully it's Rovers. Best team.so far i reckon has been Pats from what ive seen and clancy was a late goal against Rovers in tallaght away from being sacked......
Pats also played us off the park last season in the Presidents Cup. Last night it was really tough with Shels executing there game plan very efficiently ie park the bus, press the bejayus and lump and run. They got a lucky enough first goal but their second was as good a breakaway goal as you would see anywhere. Shels sat so deep that we could play ot out from the back with ease. Ferrugia standing start was 10 yards inside a very compressed shels half. As soon as he got the ball he was swamped with 2/3 shels players In all other games he is usually positioned well inside our half and when he receives the ball he has space and time to start a run. Much better 2nd half with Towell on. He di really well to get on the end of a cross but just did not get enough on the header. Kenny when he came on was a bit annoying giving out to more senior players at times missed a sitter header at the end to. If we are going to win this season it will be some achievement given our start. But that point gained on Bohs means its back in our hands.

TonyD
15/04/2023, 10:31 AM

Pats have had some stinkers of games, so I wouldn’t say we’ve been the best team. I also don’t agree that Clancy would have been sacked if we’d lost in Tallaght. Pats are traditionally pretty patient with managers. New goalkeeper has made a big difference I think. We’ve won every game since he came in, bar Rovers away. He needed to make some big saves last night too. To be honest I’ll take a tight competitive league with a “terrible” standard over one team absolutely romping away with it. Much more interesting. We’ve gone from 3rd bottom to second in just a couple of weeks. Great fun.

Another Bohemia
15/04/2023, 10:45 AM
Mad game in Dalymount as mentioned.

First half both sides created a good number of chances, Pats the more clinical though and could easily have gone in 4-1 up after Mark Doyle put a free header from a corner from 5 yards out over the bar at 3-1 up. The red card as well as the 3-1 lead seemed to get into the pats players half in the second half as they appeared to think the job was done. Bohs pulled a goal back on 62 mins which could’ve been prevented by a tactical foul but after that they dominated without forcing Lyness into a huge amount of chances with their play but he was and has been an absolute godsend in goal in all of his first 5 games since signing.

Paul McLaughlin had an absolute stinker of a performance for both sides. Constantly getting decisions wrong. Flores red card was justified but even for that he took an age to give it after being told by the 4th official/limo how dangerous the tackle actually was. He also should’ve seven given a second yellow to Noah Lewis with 5 mins to go, but just in general there was no consistency in the fouls he was/wasn’t giving, incorrect calls on throw ins etc, it was a shocking performance.

Honestly the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Flores red was 100% correct and I don't think he even called for a fou/advantagel and when the ball went dead gave a throw to Bohs which was correct. After the card he seemed to try to make up to Pats for missing the foul by reversing the throw in decision to give it to Pats? Pats got away with plenty of cynical fouls without a card and Bohs got away with a few mistimed ones as well. I know refs are human and will make mistakes but there has to be a limit to how many mistakes are acceptable. Even Pats sending off was a bit dubious. He had let other pats players away with similar fouls for both cards a few times but decided to try to stamp his authority in added time? Just nonsense.

Overall can't complain about the result. Defense was poor all night especially Radkowski who had his worst game all season. Talbot and Bucko both need to be dropped for a while as neither are up to their normal level and holding the team back. Hopefully Devine has the guts to do what is necessary as a midfield with Clarke, Coote(when he's back fit) and McDonnell would be full of energy and each play actually able to add an attacking threat. Up front Afolabi and Williams both need to start. Williams is adding the goals that Afolabi isn't and Afolabi can do very well linking up/ wining headers/ holding up the ball that Williams just isn't physically able to do.

RealJohn91
15/04/2023, 11:29 AM
Clarke was a revelation deeper in midfield last night. We're a bit spoilt for choice in that position this season but hopefully Clarke gets a bit of a run in there with Flores out for a while now.

Thought John O'Sullivan looked terrible when he came off the bench and slowed all our attacking play down when the ball went near him. He really should've been one of the lads released over the winter, don't see what he brings to the team.

ontheotherhand
15/04/2023, 3:21 PM
I was thinking similar at the match. The absolute embarrassment I’d get if pats were 3-1 down at home to Bohs and then the announcer decided to let everyone know during the match that rovers were losing 2-0. Proper small time behaviour

https://twitter.com/zopolite/status/1646969741142118427

That's their COO to the left of the tunnel taking control of the remote controlled "bus" and driving it into the referees legs after the ref decided not to let the "bus" take the ball out. Completely normal stuff.

2 Year Contract
15/04/2023, 4:32 PM
https://twitter.com/zopolite/status/1646969741142118427

That's their COO to the left of the tunnel taking control of the remote controlled "bus" and driving it into the referees legs after the ref decided not to let the "bus" take the ball out. Completely normal stuff.

Ah stop, between the mini bus pettiness, the rovers scoreline announcement and their fans pleas for the game to be abandoned at half time because they were getting battered (see below), it really was a night to forget for ‘the big club’

https://twitter.com/mcdonnelldan/status/1646961969126166568?s=46

nigel-harps1954
15/04/2023, 6:31 PM
I almost miss the standard of refereeing in the Premier Division when you see the shambles of a standard of refereeing in the First Division.

Ryan Flood on the edge of the box about to have a shot...referee calls back says no advantage.

Daniel Okwute called offside on the halfway line. Treaty lad sets the ball down 6 yards into the Harps half, ref, linesman and 4th official all say nothing despite protests from Harps. You cannot be offside in your own half..not sure why they can get a free inside the Harps half in this case.

Several other just completely bonkers calls from the ref through the game. It's almost as if they just don't know the rules sometimes.

pineapple stu
15/04/2023, 11:30 PM
Daniel Okwute called offside on the halfway line. Treaty lad sets the ball down 6 yards into the Harps half, ref, linesman and 4th official all say nothing despite protests from Harps. You cannot be offside in your own half..not sure why they can get a free inside the Harps half in this case.
Actually you can get a free for offside inside the opposition half (as Paul Osam pointed out to me in Cobh one time when I had the exact complaint you did)

It happens when a player was in an offside position when the ball was played, but the free is awarded where the player received the ball or otherwise interfered with play, which can be in his own half (having retreated from an offside position)

It's clearly called out in the Laws of the Game - https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play