PDA

View Full Version : Govt grant

pete
05/04/2002, 5:04 PM
Whats the story with Athlone & the grant they got this week?

Is there to be a new stadium or has that deal fallen through?

Ash
05/04/2002, 5:37 PM
Aye, Town got 1 million squid for the development of
the new stadium.

its still going ahead with 2000 seats being installed in phase 1
(apparently)
Its supposed to be modelled on Livingstones (SPL) ground

atfconline
05/04/2002, 6:10 PM
I should hopefully be getting some plans/drawings of it soon. I'll post them up if I do.

ccfcman
11/04/2002, 3:51 PM
€1 million will go a fair way in a div1 side

Éanna
12/04/2002, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by 1887
I should hopefully be getting some plans/drawings of it soon. I'll post them up if I do.
nice one, good grounds are a big part in getting people to eL matches. It's very hard to persuade a non-fanatic to stand on an uncovered terrace in the middle of december and watch two teams attempt to mutilate each other:rolleyes:

Éanna
12/04/2002, 3:40 PM
Great fun when you get into it though!:D

Shelsman
12/04/2002, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

nice one, good grounds are a big part in getting people to eL matches. It's very hard to persuade a non-fanatic to stand on an uncovered terrace in the middle of december and watch two teams attempt to mutilate each other:rolleyes:

It's Bye Bye December Days from now on though! Sitting on a sunny terrace -now there's a thought!

Longford Town will make hay in the sun with so many uncovered seats!:cool:

atfconline
12/04/2002, 6:44 PM
Go to the news section and click on the latest news item dated 10/04/02 for some pictures of the work that has taken place so far on the new site

Athlone Town Football Club Online (http://www.fiontar.com/atfc)

joe
12/04/2002, 8:20 PM
some very field-of-dreams-esque shots in there :D

ccfcman
13/04/2002, 9:57 AM
how far are they into construction?

Éanna
13/04/2002, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by joe
some very field-of-dreams-esque shots in there :D
step up from Monaghan anyway- no cows visible!

atfconline
13/04/2002, 2:34 PM
Hey we don't have cows in Athlone! Wehave bog! And it's actually located right alongside the by-pass (N6) so access is going to be fairly handy, it's not too far out of town.

There is alot of site clearance work done so far. You can see the layout of where the pitch is going to be fairly easily, and work has started on three buildings at the entrance to the site.

The second last picture gives a fairly good shot of the whole site. Then the last picture is looking back up at the new Regional Sports Centre which is basically been built on the same site, giving the town access to excellent training facilities.

A face
13/04/2002, 9:43 PM
I pushed Athlone town to the ton, 100 i tells ya !!! :D

The pics are good .... Have you any pics/sketches of what the finished ground will look like.

atfconline
13/04/2002, 11:07 PM
Not at the minute. I should at least be getting hold of come plans this week, and if they have it, an artists impression too, so I'll post them up when I get them. There have been a good few people interested in seeing it.