PDA

View Full Version : How Ironic...

Pages : [1] 2 3

superfrank
11/08/2005, 10:52 PM
Bohs fans always accuse Rovers fans of being a disgrace but tonight their fans and officials shamed themselves.

During the match little kids in Bohs jerseys came over to the away end and started antagonising us, fair enough. Then they robbed one Bray fans shoe and threw it about the stand. Three kids wearing Bohs jersey's were omitted from the stand.

After full-time, I went to pick up the flags behind the goal. One Bohs fan said "make way for Bohs", jokingly so I'll accept it. As I was collecting and folding the flags, A Bohs steward came up to the fence and said "You were abusing the players for 90 minutes! Get your ****ing flags and go!"

Outside the ground, a group of Bohs fans came up to one Bray fan and tried to start a fight. As he walked off, a horn was thrown at him, just missing my head.

As our bus left Dalymount, objects were thrown at it.

This is all true. So the next time Bohs fans give out to other fans they ought to think about their own behaviour first.

:mad: :mad: :mad: RO

ThatGuy
11/08/2005, 11:59 PM
So basically nothing of note happened?

harry crumb
12/08/2005, 12:04 AM
Since when are Bohs fans models of society.

Dr.Nightdub
12/08/2005, 12:22 AM
Since when are Bohs fans members of society?

Oh come on, it HAD to be said. :p

razor
12/08/2005, 7:52 AM
Since when are Bohs fans members of society?
90% of the Bohs fans probably went about their business. I'm afraid we all have morons such as these, I think the serious issue that seems to be arising from recent incidents is that the standard of stewarding in LOI grounds is atrocious. Stewards are antagonising situations by inaction and most of them couldn't care less what goes on. Clubs must act, theres nothing worse than travelling away and leaving feeling intimidated and angry.

thecorner
12/08/2005, 8:14 AM
Then they robbed one Bray fans shoe and threw it about the stand.

:D :D :D :D :D

Peadar
12/08/2005, 8:20 AM
Never got grief up there.
You sometimes get kids messing but the stewards are quick to sort it out.
Always found the stewards to be some of the best in the league.
Probably because they're all actually Bohs fans and understand what's going on.
I expect the result is making your experience seem worse than what it was.

The Stars
12/08/2005, 8:35 AM
Thats what he gets for taking off his shoes at a football match.....its happened to the best of us.

Wiseguy
12/08/2005, 8:59 AM
Thats what he gets for taking off his shoes at a football match.....its happened to the best of us.

I knew someone would come up with a smart remark and put the boot in.

I have to say that i've never had any bother at Dalymount other than a few tough guys trying to start a row with me but that's just hardass Jackeen stuff.

Drumcondra Red
12/08/2005, 9:01 AM
You're right Superfrank, but their problems won't be realised until the people high up in the club accept there is a problem rather then going for pints with the BSC

pete
12/08/2005, 9:34 AM
During the match little kids in Bohs jerseys came over to the away end and started antagonising us, fair enough. Three kids wearing Bohs jersey's were omitted from the stand.

That always happens.

Dublin derbys are tough though. :D

Peadar
12/08/2005, 9:35 AM
Dublin derbys are tough though. :D

Especially when they're northside v southside like this one. :D

BohDiddley
12/08/2005, 9:46 AM
Suprising that Superfrank's unsupported version of events is taken as gospel. Having seen the incredibly disproportionate Bray response to the pitch incursion last time out, it has to be taken with a strong dose of scepticism.
Superfrank says the kids were 'omitted' from the stand (shockingly illiterate for one who professes to care about spelling). I assume he means ejected or expelled, which is fine by me. I wish more clubs would have the guts to do that.
'Objects were thrown at the bus' is a wonderfully obscure way of putting it. Who, precisely, threw what, precisely? Was it adults throwng bricks, or 10-yr-olds throwing chewing gum? Specifics please.
As for comments and jokes, these seagulls need to grow thicker skins. One of their number said to me at the match: 'God, yis are ****e.' I didn't take offence. I'm not looking for an FAI tribunal of inquiry. I agreed with him.
Finally, anyone who is dim enough to disgrace himself with a sig like that is not to be taken seriously.

Jerry The Saint
12/08/2005, 9:50 AM

"Who throws a shoe? Honestly! You fight like a woman!" :eek:

10 points for reference. :D

bigmac
12/08/2005, 10:04 AM
"Who throws a shoe? Honestly! You fight like a woman!" :eek:

10 points for reference. :D

Austin Powers to Random Task, the Korean ex Wrestler! :cool:

Cosmo
12/08/2005, 10:05 AM
The shoe part of the story had me in stitches too :D

BrayZil
12/08/2005, 10:11 AM
From what I saw last night it was only handbag stuff. It was just a few kids acting like muppets. They got thrown out of the grounds and were still outside when the Bray fans were coming out. They were waving their fists and throwing things at the bus looking for a fight but the Bray fans didnt react. It was just a handful of kids acting the Gob****e

BohDiddley
12/08/2005, 10:31 AM
Fair dues Zayed9 for your honesty and sense of proportion!

Bald Student
12/08/2005, 10:38 AM
How exactly did the Bohs fans come into posession of the shoe? Did they wrestle it from the fellas foot or was he carrying a spare shoe with him?

Schumi
12/08/2005, 10:40 AM
First shoes, now handbags? :D

I've never had any trouble in Dalymount (other than the results usually!). The stewards are usually very helpful when we're putting up flags and the like. I've found Bray much more irritating most times tbh.

BrayZil
12/08/2005, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=Schumi]First shoes, now handbags? :D QUOTE]

LMAO!

Drumcondra Red
12/08/2005, 11:15 AM
First shoes, now handbags? :D

I've never had any trouble in Dalymount (other than the results usually!). The stewards are usually very helpful when we're putting up flags and the like. I've found Bray much more irritating most times tbh.

No offence intended Schumi, but as a UCD fan I wouldn't expect you to encounter much trouble anywhere???

We are close rivals to Bohs and always recieve a hostle reception, this is to be expected and can be enjoyable, until it goes from passionate support to violance

Obviously its not just Bohs, and we've come to expect this as with success comes hate, but hey thats football!

But until you come to away matches with clubs that actually have rivalry (which is with every club in the country for us nearly :D ) I don't really think your in a position to question these events Schumi, sorry!

Although I was surprised that they'd targeted Bray??? :confused: Where were the Bray fans located last night?

Schumi
12/08/2005, 11:19 AM
No offence intended Schumi, but as a UCD fan I wouldn't expect you to encounter much trouble anywhere???
But Bray would???

Drumcondra Red
12/08/2005, 11:20 AM
Read the end of my last post there again!!!

superfrank
12/08/2005, 11:25 AM
We were in Block A and B.

Look, I'm just talking about what I saw. Stewards antagonising fans isn't going to help anybody.

Yeah, I'm unhappy with the result but that's not why I posted. We are always hearing stories about other fans, mainly Rovers fans, acting the eejit and it always receives the holier-then-thou approach from Bohs fans. Well it's time they realised what some of there own fans get up to.

Schumi
12/08/2005, 11:38 AM
Read the end of my last post there again!!!
I saw that but my point is that Bray would be in a similar position to ourselves regarding antagonism from home fans. I wouldn't have made the point in the context of something like a Bohs-Rovers game obviously!

Bald Student
12/08/2005, 11:40 AM
Schumi, get back into your box. The big clubs are talking.

OneRedArmy
12/08/2005, 11:53 AM
Schumi, get back into your box. The big clubs are talking.
I think you'll find Cork and Derry haven't even entered the debate yet.................. :D

Roverstillidie
12/08/2005, 11:55 AM
We were in Block A and B.

Look, I'm just talking about what I saw. Stewards antagonising fans isn't going to help anybody.

Yeah, I'm unhappy with the result but that's not why I posted. We are always hearing stories about other fans, mainly Rovers fans, acting the eejit and it always receives the holier-then-thou approach from Bohs fans. Well it's time they realised what some of there own fans get up to.

i like your signature superfrank. a lot :D

seems relativly harmelss stuff though. we throw pigs heads, they throw shoes. amateurs :rolleyes:

i hate to labour the point, but when there are (minor) incidents at a rovers game, hold the back pages, when the bohemian soccer casualties act up, no-one cares!

the clubs relationship with the bsc is interesting to say the least. look at how the club tried to get the flag back on their behalf!

CamacKhazai
12/08/2005, 12:01 PM
All very well, but would they have been as quick to steal his shoes if he had two legs, I wonder to myself?

Vitruvian Man
12/08/2005, 12:50 PM
Superfrank that is the worst case of sour grapes I have seen in a while. You had the ball in our penalty area for 45 minutes and you couldn't score a goal and that was even with 12 men on the pitch (11 Bray players + 1 referee). You only have yourselves to blame.

Some kids were acting the knacker and got thrown out by the stewards how does that reflect anything other than positively on Bohs. It's a rare thing that kids acting the maggot get thrown out of other grounds. I've stood in crowds that had fireworks fired into them from kids on the pitch (Richmond Park) and I still don't blame the club or coinsider Pats fans to be hooligans.

It isn't the same as 50-60 fully grown adults charging across the pitch before doing a very hasty U-turn when they realised they were about to get a major hiding off the police on the other side.

And you got a few remarks thrown your way when you were taking down the flags. Maybe you were abusing the players for 90 minutes. God knows, I was too.

As the Derry men say... take your oil.

I'm sorry to hear the kids waited around to cause more trouble for you on the way home but knackery kids are part and parcel of football in Dublin or even part and parcel of Dublin full stop. Tell you what, pm me when you are playing Bohs in Daylier next and I'll buy you a pint to make up for it.

Passive
12/08/2005, 12:54 PM
Can't believe I'm about to stick up for bohs but it does look...like...nothing....hap......no, sorry, can't do it.

Slash/ED
12/08/2005, 1:25 PM
and it always receives the holier-then-thou approach from Bohs fans. Well it's time they realised what some of there own fans get up to.

In fairness, most Bohs fans accept they have a scum element in their club and never try and pretend otherwise. They have done alot worse than that which seems fairly minor tbh.

Drumcondra Red
12/08/2005, 1:45 PM
Superfrank that is the worst case of sour grapes I have seen in a while. You had the ball in our penalty area for 45 minutes and you couldn't score a goal and that was even with 12 men on the pitch (11 Bray players + 1 referee). You only have yourselves to blame.

I didn't even read past this paragraph, every time I've been to the Jodi in Dalymount, as a neutral, every single bohs fan spends 90 minutes moaning at the ref, newsflash lads, the Ref isn't supposed to be up for you!!! :rolleyes:

Drumcondra Red
12/08/2005, 1:46 PM
In fairness, most Bohs fans accept they have a scum element in their club and never try and pretend otherwise. They have done alot worse than that which seems fairly minor tbh.

Yeah the fans do, but the higher lot don't and have been known to share pints with the BSC...

Slash/ED
12/08/2005, 1:47 PM
Yeah the fans do, but the higher lot don't and have been known to share pints with the BSC...

Oh yeah no doubt about that whatsoever. The whole Rovers flag stealing thing was another example of that, probably down to the fact that members of the BSC put money into the bars and are members so they don't want to stand up to them.

BohDiddley
12/08/2005, 1:51 PM
Can't believe I'm about to stick up for bohs but it does look...like...nothing....hap......no, sorry, can't do it.
You're almost there! A world of sweet reason and enlightenment awaits ... :D

ColinR

but surely thats not as bad as the highest person in the whole club being a hooligan ;)

Vitruvian Man
I didn't even read past this paragraph, every time I've been to the Jodi in Dalymount, as a neutral, every single bohs fan spends 90 minutes moaning at the ref, newsflash lads, the Ref isn't supposed to be up for you!!! :rolleyes:

So what.

At least he got off the pitch without being manhandled by by club officials and players. ;)

And BTW if you are going to spout made-up rubbish to discredit Bohemians at least use your own imagination instead of copying monkey-see monkey-do from the Ultras message board.

Bohs officials meeting the B.(ack) S.(ack and) C.(rack) even the Rovers spoof merchants are tired of that one.

BohDiddley
12/08/2005, 2:02 PM
Oh yeah no doubt about that whatsoever. The whole Rovers flag stealing thing was another example of that, probably down to the fact that members of the BSC put money into the bars and are members so they don't want to stand up to them.

Listen fellas. Have a look at the thread title here and, before you condemn us over a few juvenile nincompoops, try to appreciate how it applies to the hoolie hierarchy that is Shelbourne FC.
Beams and motes ...

Drumcondra Red
12/08/2005, 2:08 PM
Are you sure thats just Rovers Ultra's rubbish??? Are you sure ther's no truth in it??? Are you sure????

Slash/ED
12/08/2005, 2:08 PM
Listen fellas. Have a look at the thread title here and, before you condemn us over a few juvenile nincompoops, try to appreciate how it applies to the hoolie hierarchy that is Shelbourne FC.
Beams and motes ...

It is entirely possible to condem the actions of people from two different, even rival teams you know.

patsh
12/08/2005, 5:32 PM
We can add another irony about the big pub now.
Big pub fans, who constantly accuse all and sundry of financial problems, seem to be having a few themsleves.
Foley not getting paid his wages, eh?
Refusing to turn out for the big pub last night, and requesting his contract be terminated.
How long will it take the medium club hypocrites to re-start their campaign of abuse and vilification against him?

The big pub, probably the biggest hypocrites in the world.....:rolleyes:

(Is Dommo looking to get a contract with Cork City..?;))

ThatGuy
12/08/2005, 5:55 PM
Big pub fans, who constantly accuse all and sundry of financial problems, seem to be having a few themsleves.
Foley not getting paid his wages, eh?

Not once has Bohemian FC failed to pay Dominic Foley his wages, and the club hasn't been accused of doing that either.

patsh
12/08/2005, 5:58 PM
Not once has Bohemian FC failed to pay Dominic Foley his wages, and the club hasn't been accused of doing that either.
They haven't paid him money he was owed.
That, coupled with the abuse he had to put up with from you lot, obviously showed him just what kind of a sh*te club the big pub really is.
A small club, with small minds......:D

ThatGuy
12/08/2005, 6:14 PM
Oh Bohs are so bad, how could they ask someone who has been payed his high wages every week without fail to take his bonus at the end of the month. The nerve of the club. :rolleyes:

Sheridan
12/08/2005, 6:23 PM
Yeah, I was tickled by that myself. The self-appointed custodians of financial probity, incapable of keeping their noses out of others' wage bills (real or imagined), felled by an unpaid bonus.

Although, as is usually the case with the ShamBoh axis, I suspect someone else is to blame. :rolleyes:

patsh
12/08/2005, 6:26 PM
Oh Bohs are so bad, how could they ask someone who has been payed his high wages every week without fail to take his bonus at the end of the month. The nerve of the club. :rolleyes:
Exactly, The nerve of big pub fans to constantly accuse all and sundry of finacial problems, while your own board practice their own version of voodoo economics.....:p

superfrank
12/08/2005, 10:18 PM
For the last time, this has nothing to do with the bloody result! I won't even get started on Ian stokes!!

Vitruvian Man
12/08/2005, 10:51 PM
For the last time, this has nothing to do with the bloody result! I won't even get started on Ian stokes!!

Well my pint offer still stands.
You'd better not like that expensive fancy stuff though.