PDA

View Full Version : Newstalk Eircom League Hour Now!

pete
11/08/2005, 7:14 PM
Listen Live (http://www.newstalk106.ie/)

Text 086 6000106

A face
11/08/2005, 7:26 PM
Rico on Red FM about 10.00 pm !!

Keep an ear open for it !!

sligoman
11/08/2005, 7:28 PM
EL hour and they play an ad for the premiership during the break,:rolleyes:.

pete
11/08/2005, 7:29 PM
No coverage of non-dublin teams :(

Schumi
11/08/2005, 7:30 PM
It's a Dublin station.

sligoman
11/08/2005, 7:30 PM
And also running a competition with the prize, tickets to Dublin/Tyrone Gaa match :rolleyes: :mad:

Poor Student
11/08/2005, 7:31 PM
It's a Dublin station.

See? Typical example of their anti-Dublin bias. ;)

holidaysong
11/08/2005, 7:31 PM
I had to work late and missed the Dundalk match :eek: - this will have to be my eL fix for today :cool:

sligoman
11/08/2005, 7:32 PM
I had to work late and missed the Dundalk match :eek: - this will have to be my eL fix for today :cool:We'll yer winning 1-0 so far ;)

Schumi
11/08/2005, 7:34 PM
"Eircom league officials are like a bidet, you're not really sure why they're there most of the time". :D Is that Keely they have on?

higgins
11/08/2005, 7:36 PM
Pete your a funny man...

Its a Dublin Station and you think they should give non-dublin clubs equal coverage. They do go through the teams results at weekends but news items tends to be from the CAPITAL :p

Slash/ED
11/08/2005, 7:37 PM
"Eircom league officials are like a bidet, you're not really sure why they're there most of the time". :D Is that Keely they have on?

No it's Gill

pete
11/08/2005, 7:41 PM
Pete your a funny man...

Its a Dublin Station and you think they should give non-dublin clubs equal coverage. They do go through the teams results at weekends but news items tends to be from the CAPITAL :p

They give a huge amount of GAA coverage to ALL COUNTIES.

Why not the same for the eL????

holidaysong
11/08/2005, 7:41 PM
Lol @ the Cork text. :D

pete
11/08/2005, 7:42 PM

For the record - not mine.

A face
11/08/2005, 7:44 PM

For the record .... mine !! :p

higgins
11/08/2005, 7:46 PM
At least half of it is Dublin in fairness. The week before and after a Dublin game is stupid. repeated interviews usually :(

Sure they just had Rory on there from Red FM .. What more do you want :)

holidaysong
11/08/2005, 7:48 PM
eL hour me hole.. They have not given the Dundalk vs. Kildare score once. In fairness it is 50% of the fixtures tonight.

pete
11/08/2005, 7:52 PM
More like Roddy-hour - half of the taht interview wasn't even eL related. :rolleyes:

Nice & convenient they didn't discuss any details about last Monday.

:(

thejollyrodger
11/08/2005, 7:52 PM
cricket on football hour ?? WTF :confused:

holidaysong
11/08/2005, 7:54 PM
Roddy Collins: "There are a lot of cricket buffs out there and fair play to them." :D

pete
11/08/2005, 7:55 PM
cricket on football hour ?? WTF :confused:

Nah they have the "eircom league hour" & then from 9-10 they have the "(real) football hour"

Its like having an hour of irish rugby 1 hour per week but all non-irish rugby on 5 nights a week.

:rolleyes:

thejollyrodger
11/08/2005, 7:59 PM
Pathetic 106 scúm

higgins
11/08/2005, 7:59 PM
The Roddy interviews are rubbish...

They lick the guys arse all the time and talk more about his brother and boxing (Ger Girloys fault) then any serious issues with Rovers or the Eircom League.

Well done to Roddy for going on each week and if other managers were willing to get there voice on radio it may help improve the league but they give Roddy a very very easy time.

I was going to ask them one day if shels made the group stages of Champions League would we get talked about in the football hour and not just the EL hour. ??

Slash/ED
11/08/2005, 8:07 PM
Well done to Roddy for going on each week and if other managers were willing to get there voice on radio it may help improve the league but they give Roddy a very very easy time.

Exactly, it's upto the other managers to get off their arses.

Vintage Roddy comment, "if our keeper was a bit taller he'd be playing in England" :rolleyes:

And the cricket thing is typical of this country, we are complete slaves to the English media. England won at the ashes second test and all of a sudden the third one is huge news over there. Fair enough, it is their team and a big game for a cricket supporting national. Why the jaysus we feel the need to jump onto every English media bandwagon, however, is beyond me.

Sam Savic
11/08/2005, 8:13 PM
Didn't hear the full programme but the Dundalk score was given out twice. They have plenty of interviews at other times and have given more than their fair share of coverage about Shels.
Cricket is growing here. Two reasons. Firstly, we have qualified for the World Cup and secondly, we have a large Asian community now in Dublin and a lot of the immigrants are getting involved with the cricket clubs.

Dodge
11/08/2005, 8:17 PM
Just on the cricket, it wasn't that England won, it ws more due to the fact that it was the closest finish to any test ever...

Slash/ED
11/08/2005, 8:23 PM
Just on the cricket, it wasn't that England won, it ws more due to the fact that it was the closest finish to any test ever...

That they won helped though,

onceahoop
11/08/2005, 9:46 PM
That they won helped though,

We've qualified for the Cricket world cup ourselves in the West Indies next year. I'm a bit fond of the sound of leather on willow myself. Giller was handy with the bat himself back in the good old days. It is a growing sport. A nice way to spend a lazy Saturday.

MariborKev
11/08/2005, 9:50 PM

Second closest ever, closest every finish to an Ashes Test

Dodge
11/08/2005, 10:38 PM
Second closest ever, closest every finish to an Ashes Test
When I said ever, I meant on Sky sports... Remember Rupert Murdoch created all sports... ;)

OneRedArmy
11/08/2005, 10:42 PM
Pete your a funny man...

You think Pete's the funnyman and you asked why everybody is so annoyed with Ollie?

Beam me up Higgins......

pete
11/08/2005, 10:50 PM
They give a huge amount of GAA coverage to ALL COUNTIES.
Why not the same for the eL????

Funny how no one has commented on this.

If Shelstalk have aspirations to be a National Station they'd want to be less parochial.

Slash/ED
11/08/2005, 10:53 PM

If Shelstalk have aspirations to be a National Station they'd want to be less parochial.

They aren't national, they're dublin.

Hope that clears up any confusion there.

And shelstalk? The programme was mainly about Roddy Collins.

BohDiddley
12/08/2005, 9:29 AM

Newstalk are a Dublin station, yes, but you're right. They do have national aspirations, and by the sound of them they almost have the licence in the bag.
Which is a pity, because we don't need another RTE. I wonder if another station could apply for the Dublin gig? This city really does need a station of its own.
They do a lot of GAA all right. In fact, if you listen to them regularly, a lot of them are GAA heads and, er, culchies. I think this might have to do with getting a national profile (the powers that be would never give anything to Dubs on their own), but also I think they do it to provoke a Dub v. culchie reaction.