PDA

View Full Version : Fair play award

Xlex
05/04/2002, 3:57 PM
It was brought to our attention that Pats have an incredible record this season.... No red cards and their first suspension was given for the first game next season..... we definatly wouldn't have been in such trouble if our displine had been better. With a small squad we need everyone.

Can't really disagree with that.... Does anyone think Marlin Lawlor may have turned the corner in this regard? IMO we were as bad under Kenny this season.

Macy
08/04/2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
Can't really disagree with that.... Does anyone think Marlin Lawlor may have turned the corner in this regard? IMO we were as bad under Kenny this season.

I agree in that it created problems in terms of the teams we can put out, but I wouldn't particularly be expecting any improvement under Lawlor if you know the reputation his team at Drogs had...... :rolleyes:

Xlex
08/04/2002, 1:08 PM
Ok, fair enough, I can't comment on his Drogheda teams reputation because I don't know really know anything about them... was it a case of their individual temperment? Longfords side may contain aggressive players, but there was a lot of players picking up stupid bookings and the team had little or know control... I could accept Lawlors teams picking up cards for agressive play but many bookings were because of dissent....

A striker picking up a 3 game suspension is too much