PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish

paul_oshea
28/03/2021, 11:09 AM
I come here to see how the 5 percenters live. The lads at the back of the nightclub with the fact based opinion telling you what women like and what they want, still there at the back of the nightclub at th end of the night, leaving alone. There's an inverse snobbery on here about the ole ole brigade , like the fella in the back of the nightclub making himself feel better when he says the lad doing the pulling and he's still pulling out facts about what women want

But when you're enjoying yourself and following the team, and going to games you've a very different connection to the team than the fella on an internet forum in a darkened room. Just like the fella who who leaves with someone than the fella still stuck at the back of the nightclub, your connection to the place is different.
I watch the premiership and I want to see good football, the same as with CL, I want to watch entertaining football. But Ireland is my country, its the closest to "battle" we get, in global sport, to be recognised and feel like equals. Georgia
play some lovely football but theyre not treated like equals. Ireland are much closer to equals based off our pedigree from years gone by regardless of the football we played. Lets move on from that now.

There's no winners here. We all want our own best version of whats best and right for Ireland, some see things quicker than others or just see not what we want to see but we all want what's best for Ireland. I think it's fair to say at this stage though there's is zero gain in focusing on potential, we'll be 90 and forgetting our own names before we win that one.
My first instinct after Serbia was we were poor bar 10 minutes of decent football, watched the game again afterwards and thats still true. Don't be fooled by the story emerging like the Slovakia game. Kenny saying
we played excellent or whatever similar term is hore**** and excuse based to not face facts. Everything was fresh and new and exciting. People got carried
away at the start and wanted to believe in something, and were willing to forego any form of pragmatism or reality, seeing things that weren't there, greenshoots
that weren't there.

Kenny really doesn't seem to know what's going on or affect change in a game. He tried and it just doesn't seem to click for him. The players aren't helping. Cullen was poor last night, after a decent shift Wednesday. Robinson who I've advocated for doesn't do enough. Browne who I've felt like judge is inconsistent and let's you down as often as he lifts you up was at his missing best tonight
It's hard for any manager when that's happening but Kenny hasn't helped himself at alp
But the question is who can get the most out of them at this point, who can further their development and who can turn them into the players we need them to be? Is that answer Kenny? It doesn't look like that. His interview and sideline demeanour really was of a man who didn't know what was going on around him and wasn't in control of. Chemical ali as bombs rained down around him, joking and saying we're in control. Comical Kenny.
I think there was an arrogance about him that he felt the job was always his. He's learnt like many that there's a massive difference to kids football and LOI to snr men's international football and the problems just aren't as easy to get around as teams all have a certain level of fitness ability and structure, what sets them apart is managerial organisation and ability, and a few other individuals.
The one thing is with Kenny he does always seem to need more time than most to see if he can actually turn it around.
I don't know if there's any point in asking the question because personally I don't see any difference from game 2 to game 10.

We all know on here, and I think the reality is setting in with the soccer supporting public that currently there is a massive drop in players coming through with the pre-requisite ability.
But the problem for Irish football is much bigger than anyone wants to admit really. We've no professional league and rely on exporting our players similar to how we exported our young in the 70s and 80s and contributed to a brain drain. That league now is global and takes the best from all over the world, limiting our younger players chances of getting first team football and better sides, or even premiership sides. We have two options to fix this long term and it's invest in the league and get it up to a standard that people want to watch and/or go to games or we find other leagues to export or players to. That's the long and the short of it

I mentioned a few things after the Serbia game, and after the 2 or 3rd game, that both cunningham and sadlier pointed out last night. I can't be bothered
going through them to be honest. One thing that hasn't been mentioned though is our midfield isnt good enough for 3 at the back, and our defending is
generally too sloppy in moments throughout the game to actually play 3. It all seems pointless and futile at this point.