PDA

View Full Version : Town sign Skelly

sligoman
11/08/2005, 12:57 PM
First Division bottom side Athlone Town have further bolstered their squad with the addition of versatile forward Austin Skelly – the fourth new signing since the appointment of John Gill as midlanders’ manager last month.

Skelly, who has gained senior league experience with Dublin City, Kilkenny City and Home Farm, can play either up front or on the wing.

And Gill is delighted with his latest piece of business, with the 24-year-old competing for a strike role with loan signing Anthony Flood, Michael McCann and top scorer Alan O’Connor.

He said: “Austin should be a great addition to the squad. He is an aggressive left footed centre forward-cum-left sided midfield player and he has a great goal scoring ratio.

“He was playing with Malahide United this year, and played against Sligo Rovers in the FAI Cup when they forced a replay.

“He did very well in that game. He was also a member of the Irish International Intermediate side this year. I’m delighted to have brought him to the club.”

From eleven-a-side

drummerboy
11/08/2005, 1:00 PM
They signed the wrong Malahide player IMO, should have signed Wayne Griffin.

sligoman
12/08/2005, 12:06 PM
They signed the wrong Malahide player IMO, should have signed Wayne Griffin.It's Athlone, I'm sure they're happy they have signed anyone ;)

Battery Rover
12/08/2005, 10:28 PM
It's Athlone, I'm sure they're happy they have signed anyone

You will be in the same boat as us when your promotion challenge falls apart and you dont get up this season.

At least ye will get to play at our new ground next season. ;)

hamish
12/08/2005, 11:30 PM
It's Athlone, I'm sure they're happy they have signed anyone

:p :p :D

hamish
12/08/2005, 11:31 PM
You will be in the same boat as us when your promotion challenge falls apart and you dont get up this season.

At least ye will get to play at our new ground next season.

:D :D :D :D

sligoman
12/08/2005, 11:38 PM

At least ye will get to play at our new ground next season. ;)I was serious, it wasn't meant to be a smart ass reply

hamish
12/08/2005, 11:40 PM
I was serious, it wasn't meant to be a smart ass reply

We know that, Sligoman, we know that. :D

sligoman
12/08/2005, 11:54 PM
We know that, Sligoman, we know that. :DIf I was an Athlone fan then I would be happy to sign any new players cos they're bottom of the league

hamish
12/08/2005, 11:57 PM
If I was an Athlone fan then I would be happy to sign any new players cos they're bottom of the league

I thought we had a truce here???? :D

sligoman
13/08/2005, 12:03 AM
I thought we had a truce here???? :DI signed nothing ;) :p

hamish
13/08/2005, 12:06 AM
I signed nothing

I guess, after helping out an Athlone fan, your conscience is troubling you and you're making up for it.

I mean, if the word got round Sligo :eek: , the other Rovers fans would be right miffed. LOL :D :D :D

sligoman
13/08/2005, 12:08 AM
I guess, after helping out an Athlone fan, your conscience is troubling you and you're making up for it.

I mean, if the word got round Sligo :eek: , the other Rovers fans would be right miffed. LOL :D :D :Dlol :D

hamish
13/08/2005, 12:09 AM
lol :D

I've solved d f x's hunger problems over on totty thread Sligoman. At least, I hope it's a woman's ass. :D

sligoman
13/08/2005, 12:20 AM
I've solved d f x's hunger problems over on totty thread Sligoman. At least, I hope it's a woman's ass. :DOk, will have a look now

Battery Rover
13/08/2005, 10:33 AM
If I was an Athlone fan then I would be happy to sign any new players cos they're bottom of the league

Big Club
Great Future
Loyal Hardcore Support
Top Class Manager

No problems signing players even in our position but the reality which all clubs should be looking at is living within your budget. Not buying your way out of this division.

Clubs need to improve facilities to make players proud to play for the team not pay out all the gate receipts in wages every week to the travelling mercenaries that hop from club to club.

Rovers1
15/09/2005, 5:40 PM
:confused: wouldnt say yer a big club,from what i hear ye only get about 200 or so to games,i was there last week and it was mostly Rovers fans. yer ground is a mess too(no offence of course). Best of luck with the new one :cool: