PDA

View Full Version : Buying Jerseys over the net

Kingdom
10/08/2005, 9:44 PM
Does anyone have any experience of it? It is about as close to a hobby as you can get. I don't spend too much as there isn't much there, but I do like to collect them as often as possible.
As expected the Irish shops don't have a great deal of choice, the only decent one is the Soccer shop.

Anyway if anyone has any history of doing it or any sites they'd recommend I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Kingdom

hamish
10/08/2005, 10:06 PM
Does anyone have any experience of it? It is about as close to a hobby as you can get. I don't spend too much as there isn't much there, but I do like to collect them as often as possible.
As expected the Irish shops don't have a great deal of choice, the only decent one is the Soccer shop.

Anyway if anyone has any history of doing it or any sites they'd recommend I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Kingdom

I buy from this crowd Kingdom........they're a bit expensive but have a massive range of kit from decades ago up to now

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/product_list.jsp?id=408

Kingdom
10/08/2005, 10:20 PM
Jaysus and there was me thinking ypu were just a dirty old man who resembled an ageing former rock star.

Seems like you came up with the goods old man. Cheers.

Ps are you from Athlone town itself?

hamish
10/08/2005, 10:31 PM
Jaysus and there was me thinking you were just a dirty old man who resembled an ageing former rock star.

Seems like you came up with the goods old man. Cheers.

Ps are you from Athlone town itself?

Dirty old man :eek: Cheeky Pup. :p :D

Yep, Kingdom, bought loads of shirts from them.....have the Mexico home and away 1998 World Cup jersies among many but they have loads of stuff right back to the year dot. They will send you a terrific brochure too.I' had it up to two weeks ago and would have sent it to you if I'd known you were checking out kit it's gone somewhere via the recycling bin....sorry.

I found them extremely helful. They're based in Devon.

I'm from just up the road from Athlone.......Ballinasloe or B'sloe (Beeslow).

BTW.........Roger Glover/Rock God is still playing with Dep Purple who seem to constantly on the road these days so "former" he ain't........the played in Live 8 in Toronto.

Kingdom
10/08/2005, 10:35 PM
Dirty old man :eek: Cheeky Pup. :p :D

Yep, Kingdom, bought loads of shirts from them.....have the Mexico home and away 1998 World Cup jersies among many but they have loads of stuff right back to the year dot. They will send you a terrific brochure too.I' had it up to two weeks ago and would have sent it to you if I'd known you were checking out kit.

I found them extremely helful. They're based in Devon.

I'm from just up the road from Athlone.......Ballinasloe or B'sloe (Beeslow).

Yeah, their catalogue seems extensive to say the least!!! I like lots of foreign jerseys. Especially when yer walking down the street and see someone turning around looking at what jersey yer wearing.

Cheers again. Lets see if they have the Basque jersey. I saw a Basque gent wearing it on Grafton St the other day.

Don't suppose you know the Dully's do you hamish?

hamish
10/08/2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah, their catalogue seems extensive to say the least!!! I like lots of foreign jerseys. Especially when yer walking down the street and see someone turning around looking at what jersey yer wearing.

Cheers again. Lets see if they have the Basque jersey. I saw a Basque gent wearing it on Grafton St the other day.

Don't suppose you know the Dully's do you hamish?

Well, I was involved in football up to 2000 and I used to meet Paraic "Dutchie" Dully a lot.we were setting up a FAS coaching course for the Midlands under the FAI Schools umbrella....... it lasted for a year or two but that shower of useless fcukers let it slide after I left and Dutchie went on to Athlone Town after that. I dunno if he'd remember me now but we used to meet twice a week setting that up. Nice bloke.
He might recall an auld lad with a walking stick but not the name. :D

Dodge
10/08/2005, 11:10 PM
http://www.soccer-spain.com/ssshop/shopwindow.html

Basque shirt available here

Kingdom
11/08/2005, 12:33 AM
Nice one dodge. I've seen a Basque tracksuit too, very snassy looking. Must track it down also. Cheers chaps.

anto1208
11/08/2005, 11:06 AM
football crazy in cork have tonnes of jerseys .i allways buy mine there or direct from the club s .

4tothefloor
12/08/2005, 8:48 PM
I buy from this crowd Kingdom........they're a bit expensive but have a massive range of kit from decades ago up to now

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/product_list.jsp?id=408
That site is the business. Has stock that some of the official club sites don't have. The addidas originals stores is class, will be doing some damage to the credit card in a while. I love the replica World Cup trophies as well :cool:

liam88
12/08/2005, 9:44 PM
I would be eternally greatful to anybody who could direct me to a Vatican jersey.

I generaally use ebay formost of mine.....I generally get more scarves though.

Plastic Paddy
13/08/2005, 7:16 AM
I would be eternally greatful to anybody who could direct me to a Vatican jersey.

Just nip in to the sacristy after Mass one Sunday when the priest is glad-handing the local worthies outside and help yourself to a cassock and surplice. No-one seeing you afterwards will be in any doubt as to what team you play for... :p

:ball: PP

hamish
13/08/2005, 7:44 AM
That site is the business. Has stock that some of the official club sites don't have. The addidas originals stores is class, will be doing some damage to the credit card in a while. I love the replica World Cup trophies as well :cool:

Yeah, 4tothefloor, have savaged the old credit card with Subside over the years LOL.

Their range is awesome but I find them dear, though. Suppose one has to pay for quality.

Plastic Paddy
13/08/2005, 11:29 AM
Suppose one has to pay for quality.

That's life Hamish. "You pay peanuts and you get monkeys". Enough said.

hamish
15/08/2005, 4:01 AM
That's life Hamish. "You pay peanuts and you get monkeys". Enough said.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Plastic Paddy
16/08/2005, 5:46 AM
What's confusing about that? In this context it means that you pay cheap prices and obtain sub-standard goods. Do we have to spell everything out for you, old man? ;) :p :D

Tony Montana
16/08/2005, 7:04 PM
Just bought the Sampdoria home shirt today in the soccer shop.sweet :cool:

Kingdom
17/08/2005, 9:29 AM
Tony,

Is that the soccer shop in Dublin? If it is no surprise. His range has improved in the last few months. I got the Benfica jersey there last week. It's an absolute peach.

The Werder Bremen jersey he has is impressive too.

Still no Parma jerseys. The b*ll*x

CraftyToePoke
17/08/2005, 2:12 PM
have u looked at www.toffs.com, they do a range of retro footie stuff club and country,sent me a nice brochure too.

or, www.scoredraw.com, who do retro club/country as well. both have some nice Ireland stuff

jorge
17/08/2005, 10:19 PM
They havent even got the River Plate jersey the pr1cks :mad:

CraftyToePoke
18/08/2005, 2:39 PM
They havent even got the River Plate jersey the pr1cks :mad:

is it toffs you are on about not having river plate?

if it is,its there alright,its a 1970s retro one,theres a picture missing,just click view again.

Tony Montana
20/08/2005, 2:55 AM
Yeah soccer shop on Georges St.They have the River Plate shirt there too,was looking at it myself!

Sliogán Dóite
21/08/2005, 2:38 PM
http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/product_details.jsp?pid=4776&cid=5&red=product_list.jsp?id=5,cwin=-1,hos=1,

:D

jorge
21/08/2005, 3:31 PM
All the way from Peru. :) :D

jorge
21/08/2005, 3:33 PM
I was on the about the Soccer Shop but someone said they saw it so ...

CollegeTillIDie
21/08/2005, 3:54 PM
Yeah soccer shop on Georges St.They have the River Plate shirt there too,was looking at it myself!
I know a Boca Juniors fan from Buenos Aires living here... do they have their shirts too in the Soccer Shop?

jorge
21/08/2005, 4:14 PM
I dont know but im going there tomorrow and ill find out.

Tony Montana
21/08/2005, 7:08 PM
no they dont't have it,the guy said they won't be getting them in either.The centenary shirt is only available in Spain and S. America he said :confused: :(

Pablo
21/08/2005, 7:29 PM
i buy mine here (http://corkcityfc.buy.ie/catalog/index.php)

excellent service. 2 to 3 day delivery

anto eile
21/08/2005, 7:30 PM
you can order a load of boca stuff on www.bocajuniors.com.ar and the centenary limited edition shirts are much cheaper, the black and white one is about E40 cheaper on the boca website

B1977
21/08/2005, 8:55 PM
www.jags.ie

Dodge
21/08/2005, 9:22 PM
you can order a load of boca stuff on www.bocajuniors.com.ar and the centenary limited edition shirts are much cheaper, the black and white one is about E40 cheaper on the boca website
Yeah but the shop is in Spanish only. Centenary shirt looks **** too