22/03/2023, 4:02 PM
Bray v Wexford 19:45
Kerry v Athlone 19:45
Galway v Longford 19:45
Treaty United v Waterford 19:45
Finn Harps v Cobh 20:00

sbgawa
22/03/2023, 4:07 PM
a lot of big games in the first division.
Harps will be right back in it if they can follow up the win in Longford with a home win over what looks like a good Cobh team.
If waterford dont win in Limerick the knives might be out for the manager.
Galway could be well clear fairly soon.

Will Kerry sell out agaisnt Athlone? i appreciate results arent the most important thing in year 1 but people get tired of follwoing teams who lose all the time

Edit:Just saw they have...fair play to the locals

joey B
22/03/2023, 4:12 PM
Was good to get the first win last week but we really need to start playing better,we are shocking in an attacking sense,have yet to score a goal in open play this season,do look more solid in defence and Noe Baba looks a very decent signing in midfield,hopefully we can get another win on the board ….

oriel
22/03/2023, 5:52 PM
++ DFC v Shels in the greatest delayed first game to final cup competition on these islands too on Friday night.

Added spice to it after the handbags at FT a few weeks ago between the two and not forgetting Dundalk thrown out and then re-instated to the LSC!

sbgawa
22/03/2023, 6:18 PM
Good game for both clubs to keep ticking over during the international break.

Martinho II
22/03/2023, 9:28 PM
Good game for both clubs to keep ticking over during the international break.

At least the LSC is getting great coverage with this fiasco over the refixture!

oriel
23/03/2023, 8:18 AM
Its actually working out well, Dundalk intend starting players who have not played yet or much, like Peter Cherrie, Robbie McCourt, Robbie Benson, Cameron Elliot, Keith Ward, possibly Louie Annsely who had to pull out of Gibraltar squad due to sickness. Maybe even Stephen Kenny's son will get a game, he signed a pro deal last week.

I'm sure Shels will be using the game for similar reasons.

Kiki Balboa
23/03/2023, 11:33 AM
Its actually working out well, Dundalk intend starting players who have not played yet or much, like Peter Cherrie, Robbie McCourt, Robbie Benson, Cameron Elliot, Keith Ward, possibly Louie Annsely who had to pull out of Gibraltar squad due to sickness. Maybe even Stephen Kenny's son will get a game, he signed a pro deal last week.

I'm sure Shels will be using the game for similar reasons.

It might be worthwhile for a 'B' cup to be played on this international weekend for everyone next year. Has benefits for Dundalk and Shels.

JC_GUFC
23/03/2023, 11:47 AM
We should really be beating Longford at home this weekend. It would be the first time ever we'd have started a season with 6 wins. We managed 5 in 1985/86 so equalled that record last weekend.

While Waterford are struggling it's important for us to keep winning and try to extend the gap to as large as possible. Bray might be the only other danger to us, I would expect them to beat Wexford on Friday, which could leave them in 2nd place as I'm not sure Cobh will beat Harps up there. Obviously they were missing Wilson Waweru last weekend as part of the loan agreement but they didn't look any great shakes against us last weekend and their aim will still be to finish top 5 rather than anything more than that.

wonder88
23/03/2023, 4:06 PM
It will be interesting what crowd Galway get tomorrow night. I felt the attendance v Kerry was a bit disappointing. However there were some factors to take into account, mainly the cold weather which would influence those driving in from the country (a substantial part of the support these days) with the state of the roads, and the fixture likely to be uncompetitive. Hopefully get well above the 2k mark, and of course a win.
With no first division teams in Dublin, Bray should get a boast for their crowds during these International breaks.

dundalkfc10
23/03/2023, 6:25 PM
How about they just bring back the league cup

Martinho II
23/03/2023, 7:28 PM
We should really be beating Longford at home this weekend. It would be the first time ever we'd have started a season with 6 wins. We managed 5 in 1985/86 so equalled that record last weekend.

While Waterford are struggling it's important for us to keep winning and try to extend the gap to as large as possible. Bray might be the only other danger to us, I would expect them to beat Wexford on Friday, which could leave them in 2nd place as I'm not sure Cobh will beat Harps up there. Obviously they were missing Wilson Waweru last weekend as part of the loan agreement but they didn't look any great shakes against us last weekend and their aim will still be to finish top 5 rather than anything more than that.

Speaking of the devil Julian I was going to go on ticketmaster website to buy for tmw night and it is not online?

outspoken
24/03/2023, 8:21 AM
Speaking of the devil Julian I was going to go on ticketmaster website to buy for tmw night and it is not online?

Galway website

wonder88
24/03/2023, 10:31 AM
Pitch inspection in Galway at 2.30pm. Weather has been bad this week in the west with some amount of rain.

nigel-harps1954
24/03/2023, 11:45 AM
Going to be a lot of soft pitches tonight, and probably low enough attendances across the board if we get the rain promised this evening.

gufct
24/03/2023, 1:47 PM
Game on in Edp

Shearer
24/03/2023, 3:48 PM
FAI making a show of themselves. Can't imagine the Treaty game will go ahead.

joey B
24/03/2023, 4:06 PM
FAI making a show of themselves. Can't imagine the Treaty game will go ahead.

And you’re right,game off….

Battery Rover
24/03/2023, 7:17 PM
And you’re right,game off….

With the amount of rain thats fallen since Thursday down this way it woulve been like a swimming pool whatever the standard of pitch. Everything called off down here for weekend other than the Limerick hurling and Munster game from what I hear.

culloty82
24/03/2023, 7:37 PM
Scoreless in Mounthawk Park at the break - dare we hope it could be sixth time lucky?

dundalkfc10
24/03/2023, 8:39 PM
Dundalk 0-4 Shels (we were down 10 men after 5 mins) could have been 10-0 if Shels took their chances

Out of the Leinster Senior Cup twice in 1 year, beat that

legendz
24/03/2023, 8:43 PM
Athlone scored a late winner. A game of two halves. Kerry dominated the first half. Athlone the second.

ger121
24/03/2023, 8:57 PM
As they like to say in football. Galway are purring..

joey B
24/03/2023, 9:16 PM
Entertaining if disappointing night at Finn Park ,great first half but were second best in the second half,lack of experience showing…
Jack Doherty looks a player far too good for the first division even with a horrendous penalty miss….

JC_GUFC
24/03/2023, 9:32 PM
Our stream fell about 10 minutes behind in the 2nd half so I gave up watching but it felt very like a game we’d have dropped points in last year.
Good to have a sub come on and make the difference, we didn’t really have any game changers from the bench last season so that looks to have made a big difference.

Ollie Horgan booked for the 4th time in 6 games!

First time ever we’ve won 6 from 6 to start a season and we’re now 6 points clear at the top. If we continue this run for as long as possible other clubs may start losing hope in catching us at all.

I still think Waterford are the biggest danger and possibly Bray being dark horses as they’re still unbeaten.

oriel
24/03/2023, 9:48 PM
Dundalk 0-4 Shels (we were down 10 men after 5 mins) could have been 10-0 if Shels took their chances

Ah but still the longest ever holders of the League Cup, from Sept 2019 I was at it, Derry away freezing cold as usual in BW but a brilliant weekend. We'll have that trophy for at least 5 years, still have to say the LSC is a fine trophy.

Christ that sounded grim tonight in Oriel Park, the non first teamers not doing themselves any favours to get into contention for a place v Rovers next Friday !!!!

Olander
24/03/2023, 10:50 PM
A win is a win, but to say we made hard work of it tonight would be an understatement.

It was one of our poorer performances of the season, but Longford showed literally zero interest in winning the game, they were wasting time from the first minute and basically playing for a 0-0 draw, and to be fair to them, for a while it looked like it might go that way.

Bar a few bits of magic from Manning in the first half and a weak penalty from Walsh, there wasn't too many clearcut chances. Second half, it was scrappy, if there was going to be a winner, it looked like it was going to be us, but we weren't battering Longford's door down or anything.

I noticed tonight they played Elworthy, a right back, centre back, so they must've been down bodies. Ironically it was an ex Longford Town player that won it for us, a little bit of trickery cutting in on his left, and Darren Clarke's low powerful shot took a deflection that deceived Brady in goal.

Six wins from six, can't ask for much more, but a few supporters pointed out it was strange that Rob Manley hasn't come on in the last few games, especially when the players replacing the likes of Keitha aren't doing much. I suppose it's a good sign when you're winning games and not playing well.

Shearer
24/03/2023, 11:30 PM
Looks like a spot of racist abuse from Kerry FC fans. Disappointed for the real people down there.

https://twitter.com/kyultras22/status/1639420858077790208?t=cKW1Cvly7R_ajanc6M4Q9A&s=19

https://twitter.com/IvanHurley95/status/1639417076296175616?t=xqjFGLW6tHmCloYBwQ7hWw&s=19

Finlay Harp
24/03/2023, 11:35 PM
A game of two halves in Finn Park. Some good football played. Officiating questionable.

DCWA
25/03/2023, 2:46 AM
Looks like a spot of racist abuse from Kerry FC fans. Disappointed for the real people down there.

https://twitter.com/kyultras22/status/1639420858077790208?t=cKW1Cvly7R_ajanc6M4Q9A&s=19

https://twitter.com/IvanHurley95/status/1639417076296175616?t=xqjFGLW6tHmCloYBwQ7hWw&s=19

Realistically at a Kerry game how many people can this be? Surely easy for few boys to slap the head of them and move on no need for social media attention seeking?

culloty82
25/03/2023, 7:47 AM
Realistically at a Kerry game how many people can this be? Surely easy for few boys to slap the head of them and move on no need for social media attention seeking?

That being said, as in every other LoI squad, there's a significant number of players of colour (5) involved with Kerry, so no harm in putting out a zero-tolerance message about abuse straight away.

culloty82
25/03/2023, 8:08 AM

Jd2793
25/03/2023, 8:18 AM
ryans bray are motoring well... lets see can my outlandish pre season opinion come to pass

Nesta99
25/03/2023, 8:25 AM

It can now return being taken super seriously by the LoI followers of the UK and EU again! The specilist one keepd his temper in check when winning I presume!?

sbgawa
25/03/2023, 9:17 AM
I can imagine Duffer going into full kevin keegan mode pre match . "I will love it if we beat this lot LOVE IT".

Pablo Escobar
25/03/2023, 9:31 AM
A game of two halves in Finn Park. Some good football played. Officiating questionable.

How did Cobh look? I haven’t seen them this year yet. I knew by their squad at the start of the season that they’d do well and would come generally under the radar.

nigel-harps1954
25/03/2023, 9:36 AM
How did Cobh look? I haven’t seen them this year yet. I knew by their squad at the start of the season that they’d do well and would come generally under the radar.

Harps blew them away in the first half. Could probably have been more than 2-0. Cobh looked utterly dreadful.

Second half Cobh were an awful lot better. Aided by more superb First Division refereeing. The Cobh penalty was correct decision, definitely a penalty, but Harps denied two, if not three stonewall penalties of their own.

I thought the red was borderline deserved, but lads closer to it said it was a shocker of a decision.

Cobh have a decent squad though, and in Jack Doherty they have a real game changer too.

Neish
25/03/2023, 10:04 AM
Harps blew them away in the first half. Could probably have been more than 2-0. Cobh looked utterly dreadful.

I thought the red was borderline deserved, but lads closer to it said it was a shocker of a decision.

Probably just verging on the fringes of red card, but seen worse tackles only get a booking or nothing at all

outspoken
25/03/2023, 11:25 AM
Our stream fell about 10 minutes behind in the 2nd half so I gave up watching but it felt very like a game we’d have dropped points in last year.
Good to have a sub come on and make the difference, we didn’t really have any game changers from the bench last season so that looks to have made a big difference.

Ollie Horgan booked for the 4th time in 6 games!

First time ever we’ve won 6 from 6 to start a season and we’re now 6 points clear at the top. If we continue this run for as long as possible other clubs may start losing hope in catching us at all.

I still think Waterford are the biggest danger and possibly Bray being dark horses as they’re still unbeaten.

Not impressed with Galway's performance at all. Genuine question, will Ollies carry on not become a huge issue for JC who's only back from a ban because of the behavior of his touchline staff? Could see JC literally begging Horgan to sit down after the yellow, when does it reach the point JC is like I can't have this going on?

Onapointoforder
26/03/2023, 2:26 PM
Not impressed with Galway's performance at all. Genuine question, will Ollies carry on not become a huge issue for JC who's only back from a ban because of the behavior of his touchline staff? Could see JC literally begging Horgan to sit down after the yellow, when does it reach the point JC is like I can't have this going on?

There’s a pair of them in it to be fair….

gufct
26/03/2023, 6:26 PM
Longford came for a point and were time wasting from 15 minutes in. If we had scored the penalty we would have run out easy but the lads kept chipping away and got the win they deserved.

Martinho II
26/03/2023, 8:54 PM
Longford came for a point and were time wasting from 15 minutes in. If we had scored the penalty we would have run out easy but the lads kept chipping away and got the win they deserved.

I was outside the ground when I heard the roar gufct. Was it a bad or good peno miss?

JC_GUFC
27/03/2023, 1:39 PM
I was outside the ground when I heard the roar gufct. Was it a bad or good peno miss?

It was a very poor pen I thought but still it has to be saved. It looked like a very soft pen too so probably justice done.

Henderson has obviously tried to make you organised first of all and hard to beat and in your 3 away games you've gone to Waterford, Bray and us and taken 2 points. Just needs to sharpen things up at the other end of the pitch and you could put together a run for the playoffs.

outspoken
28/03/2023, 9:30 AM
It was a very poor pen I thought but still it has to be saved. It looked like a very soft pen too so probably justice done.

Henderson has obviously tried to make you organised first of all and hard to beat and in your 3 away games you've gone to Waterford, Bray and us and taken 2 points. Just needs to sharpen things up at the other end of the pitch and you could put together a run for the playoffs.

Was a nailed on pen, young lad over committed.