PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier Division 2005/06

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

widow
12/10/2005, 7:57 AM
have the lower league games on at 10.30 so

HuRya
12/10/2005, 1:22 PM
a previous thread suggested saturday evening games..another possibility to consider..
this would allow for stu fitz and the boys to enjoy their saturday nights in the Icon in more comfort after a good win!

widow
12/10/2005, 2:29 PM
obviously saturday evening games won't work in the height of winter

HuRya
12/10/2005, 4:09 PM
obviously saturday evening games won't work in the height of winter

fair point but the idea was to have more available time for the matches to be played so as to get the three match officials at every premier game..
6pm kick offs, you'll find,will mean that the matches will be over before you see a nice bright star in the sky!

Goals4fun
12/10/2005, 4:19 PM
i don't think the ref could make the sunday afternoon games and for sure (as rafa says) they will not miss out on the fotunes they make from doing two games a day.

francesco_1
12/10/2005, 4:31 PM
i don't think the ref could make the sunday afternoon games and for sure (as rafa says) they will not miss out on the fotunes they make from doing two games a day.

We dont have enough ref's in the league we are lucky most match's are played as it is,the ref's nowadays cant seem to win when a decision is made,if u were watching a match in the league would the incourage you to become a ref? i dont think so.

HuRya
12/10/2005, 4:45 PM
We dont have enough ref's in the league we are lucky most match's are played as it is,the ref's nowadays cant seem to win when a decision is made,if u were watching a match in the league would the incourage you to become a ref? i dont think so.

are hoping to become the next george clancy when you're playing days are up or will it be when you've seen enough of tommy lynch playing in goal to make your mind up for you????

francesco_1
12/10/2005, 4:50 PM
are hoping to become the next george clancy when you're playing days are up or will it be when you've seen enough of tommy lynch playing in goal to make your mind up for you????

Tommy played in goal against regional once because both keepers were injured and suspended,we were 3-2 up and the ref added about 10 mins on and danny galvin handled the ball to score the last kick of the game,i'l be the next olson!!!!

abbeyvale
13/10/2005, 8:21 PM
Tommy played in goal against regional once because both keepers were injured and suspended,we were 3-2 up and the ref added about 10 mins on and danny galvin handled the ball to score the last kick of the game,i'l be the next olson!!!!

No Francesco, 1 keeper was suspended, the other bottled playing against last season's MJC 1/4 finalists

francesco_1
13/10/2005, 10:48 PM
No Francesco, 1 keeper was suspended, the other bottled playing against last season's MJC 1/4 finalists

Asj jaffa and divito did i **** my leg up and they will support me,if they got to the 1/4 final's with that team then our future is bright up in hill celtic.

abbeyvale
14/10/2005, 4:51 PM
Asj jaffa and divito did i **** my leg up and they will support me,if they got to the 1/4 final's with that team then our future is bright up in hill celtic.

Hill Celtic's future would be bright if ye could keep ur players out of jail

shannonsider69
17/10/2005, 2:31 PM
Any word on Views appeal to the FAI about playing illegal players? Did they get off or were they found guilty and deducted the points? :confused: Surely if they were deducted points AND following the loss to the Boro in the FAI yesterday, they mightnt have alot to play for even at this early stage in the season?

Unreal Madrid
17/10/2005, 2:38 PM
Any word on Views appeal to the FAI about playing illegal players? Did they get off or were they found guilty and deducted the points? :confused: Surely if they were deducted points AND following the loss to the Boro in the FAI yesterday, they mightnt have alot to play for even at this early stage in the season?

I've just posted the Munster Junior draw on that Thread. The view will have to get over Balla to get out of town. (Providing they win earlier matches). The bus account could be cut big time in the Fairgreen this year :o

Unreal Madrid
17/10/2005, 2:42 PM

How did Daithi Noonan play in goals yesterday.:o :o :o :o :o .

Give Paddy Collins a ring, you could soon be ''involved'' in 2 games at the weekend.

francesco_1
17/10/2005, 3:22 PM
How did Daithi Noonan play in goals yesterday.:o :o :o :o :o .

Give Paddy Collins a ring, you could soon be ''involved'' in 2 games at the weekend.

Didn't see the match so cant say how he did,the paper say's he made a few saves so he must of did well,once i'l get fit i'l be back

widow
17/10/2005, 3:36 PM
any fixtures for the weekend?

abbeyvale
17/10/2005, 6:06 PM
Didn't see the match so cant say how he did,the paper say's he made a few saves so he must of did well,once i'l get fit i'l be back

Stay out of your buddies (Di Vito's) chipper and you might get fit.

widow
18/10/2005, 10:11 AM

Whats the story with Fairview's points situation now?

Unreal Madrid
18/10/2005, 10:17 AM

Whats the story with Fairview's points situation now?

Pike v Aisling is only game on

Goals4fun
18/10/2005, 2:17 PM
I've just posted the Munster Junior draw on that Thread. The view will have to get over Balla to get out of town. (Providing they win earlier matches). The bus account could be cut big time in the Fairgreen this year :o

assuming both make it that far. or is that the next round !

the only 1
18/10/2005, 2:27 PM
assuming both make it that far. or is that the next round !

fairview had there appeal in cork last night

shannonsider69
18/10/2005, 2:50 PM
...and....?

Goals4fun
19/10/2005, 11:18 AM
fairview had there appeal in cork last night

appeal for what?

has that anything to do with this comp ??

widow
19/10/2005, 11:58 AM
no, in the limerick league they played illegal players in the first 5 or 6 games of the season and were deducted 5 points

shannonsider69
19/10/2005, 12:04 PM
Was the appeal successful or were they deducted the 5 points?

shannonsider69
20/10/2005, 11:08 AM
...only fair considering their arrogance in playing them ESPECIALLY after being warned of the consequences before the game. Out of the FAI cup and mid table in the league....know its early days but not exactly looking like a good season so far for the View.

francesco_1
20/10/2005, 11:51 AM
Hill Celtic's future would be bright if ye could keep ur players out of jail

Jail? the only player to do jail in our colours is seanie flanagan,a shame tho he was a great player

Bonovox
20/10/2005, 11:54 AM
Fairview, as expected, won their appeal in Cork last night. They keep the point each they won from the Boro and Pike but lose the 3 points they won against Hill Celtic and Hill Celtic gain them instead. That was expected as they were definitely illegal against Hill Celtic and admitted that themselves. As I stated on these pages before, Rule 10 of LDMC rules states that a release and transfer are one of the same. Lots of red faces in Limerick today, in Jackman Park, Crossagalla and Pearse Stadium. More embarrassment for the Limerick league and Pokey Rovers who look like right plonkers today!!

widow
20/10/2005, 12:26 PM
Why? did "pokey rovers" knowingly field illegal players and lose points??? only ones looking like plonkers are the view my friend

HuRya
20/10/2005, 1:02 PM
theres a rumour that carew park were awarded the 3 pts for the abandoned match against ULAA at the same hearing. anyone hear anything about that?

Bonovox
20/10/2005, 1:28 PM
Why? did "pokey rovers" knowingly field illegal players and lose points??? only ones looking like plonkers are the view my friend

Pokey only play mercenarys..........who was the last Pokey player to play with Pokey Rovers?

Neutral Jo
20/10/2005, 1:35 PM
Why was that match abandoned? Who was the referee Hugh?

the only 1
20/10/2005, 1:57 PM
Pokey only play mercenarys..........who was the last Pokey player to play with Pokey Rovers?

dont worry abt it worry abt urselves who did ye get in the next round of the fai oh i forgeot ye are gone:D :D :D :D :D

widow
20/10/2005, 2:01 PM

how long do you have to be playin with a team to be known as a "pike" player or a "boro" player or a "balla" player..... shows how clanish the view are

the only 1
20/10/2005, 2:06 PM
is there a pokey player p.mitchell playing with ye :p

Dirk Diggler
20/10/2005, 2:09 PM
Mercenaries!!!.....Just because they've the best players in town, isn't down to money. I could name 5 or 6 'pike players' currently playing with pike, who have being with them for over 5 or 6 seasons. Anyway once you sign a form at the start of the season aren't you a player for that team, thats the way I thought it worked

maestro
20/10/2005, 2:28 PM
What is Pikes best Team? Does Pa Mul Know?

the only 1
20/10/2005, 2:44 PM
What is Pikes best Team? Does Pa Mul Know?

i bet he knows more than joe hanon at least they are still in the fai:D :D :D :D :D :

HuRya
20/10/2005, 5:17 PM
havn't a clue joe, get on the blower to your buddies and find it out for me..
i wasn't at that match.. im doing up a premier table at the moment and missing only a few results..the fairview outcome will change things round again..another undeserved 3 pts for hill celtic..
was the pike vs regional game played recently(dirk)?

lim abroad
21/10/2005, 12:57 AM
i bet he knows more than joe hanon at least they are still in the fai:D :D :D :D :D :
and how many fai's have pokey rovers won now?

Dirk Diggler
21/10/2005, 7:44 AM
havn't a clue joe, get on the blower to your buddies and find it out for me..
i wasn't at that match.. im doing up a premier table at the moment and missing only a few results..the fairview outcome will change things round again..another undeserved 3 pts for hill celtic..
was the pike vs regional game played recently(dirk)?

pike won 1-0

Heres the table as I have it now

Fairview 8 17
Balla 8 16
Boro 7 14
Granville 10 14
Pike 6 13
Carew 8 13
Regional 8 11
Charleville 8 10
Hill Celtic 9 9
Park 8 8
ULAA 6 3
Mungret 8 1

Monster
21/10/2005, 7:52 AM

Zilch i believe

silvercircle
21/10/2005, 9:30 AM

Pike never won an FAI...although Pike were the first Limerick club to bring a national trophy to limerick (minor FAI)....also were the first "junior" club to advance to munster senior football...but that is history, lets talk about the present..Fairview have had their day, you reap what you sew...look at what they done to Mr Finnan, for a club that set the standard for every junior club in IRELAND they threw it all away because of egos within the club..they should get there own house in order before being critical of others....:ball: :ball: :ball:

shannonsider69
21/10/2005, 10:53 AM
Speaking of own houses....which club in the city has the best squad of players this year?

Neutral Jo
21/10/2005, 11:18 AM
Any predictions for Pike aisling the weekend lads? Should be a handy one for pike on the form of the 2 teams? Who did aisling beat to get their 3 points? Mungret i assume was it? Those 2 are surely doomed? With hill celtic getting points for fairview game aswell?

Dirk Diggler
21/10/2005, 2:11 PM
I think they beat park rgs

Dirk Diggler
21/10/2005, 2:12 PM
pike have a load of injuries for sunday have asked half the B up for it

Dirk Diggler
21/10/2005, 2:18 PM
massive blow for fairview losing davy wall, has been their top scorer for the last couple of seasons, will seriously dent their title hopes now

abbeyvale
21/10/2005, 6:10 PM
massive blow for fairview losing davy wall, has been their top scorer for the last couple of seasons, will seriously dent their title hopes now

IS HE INJURED??

WHO HAVE PIKE CALLED UP FROM THE B TEAM?

Unreal Madrid
23/10/2005, 10:45 PM
IS HE INJURED??

Got a transfer back to Newtown in Clare League.