PDA

View Full Version : It's a small world...

Sligo Hornet
10/08/2005, 9:32 AM
One and the same, JPM. He scored against my old club tonight. Typical. :o

:ball: PP

Do I take it you have a more than a soft spot for "MY" club......the "mighty" Hornets?

Plastic Paddy
10/08/2005, 9:41 AM
I grew up in Croxley Green and played for them at schoolboy level many years ago. I still keep an eye out for their results, it must be said.

Sligo Hornet
10/08/2005, 10:42 AM
I grew up in Croxley Green and played for them at schoolboy level many years ago. I still keep an eye out for their results, it must be said.

It's a small world alright Plastic!!.......I too grew up in Croxley Green ( Warwick Way, just off Baldwins Lane ) and have been a season ticket holder at Vicarage Road for many (too?) years.

Still living in Watford (for my sins )

Plastic Paddy
10/08/2005, 10:56 AM
I used to go to church on Baldwin's Lane. St Bede's. It's a small world but you wouldn't want to paint it as the old saying goes. :D

I left CG in 1990 although had occasion to return recently to Rickmansworth for my old school's centenary reunion. I haven't been near the Vic since a 3-0 win over Wimbledon (RIP) in 2001. Sitting in the Rookery to watch the match just didn't feel the same as standing under the scoreboard at the Vicarage Road End. :)

Sligo Hornet
10/08/2005, 11:52 AM
I used to go to church on Baldwin's Lane. St Bede's. It's a small world but you wouldn't want to paint it as the old saying goes. :D

I left CG in 1990 although had occasion to return recently to Rickmansworth for my old school's centenary reunion. I haven't been near the Vic since a 3-0 win over Wimbledon (RIP) in 2001. Sitting in the Rookery to watch the match just didn't feel the same as standing under the scoreboard at the Vicarage Road End. :)

St.Bede's was also my church......even played football for them in early 70's!!...remember Fr.Clayton......hard as nails!!...you wouldn't want to be caught NOT putting a reasonable amount of money in the Sunday collection!!

Plastic Paddy
10/08/2005, 1:18 PM
The church football team had just about died a death before I got there in the late 1970s. It was probably for the best as given time I'm sure I'd have only helped to hasten its demise. :o

Did you go to St Joan of Arc by any chance? Might as well ask that too since we were neighbours. :D

Sligo Hornet
10/08/2005, 1:27 PM
No I went to Salvatorian College in Harrow, but my younger brother and two sisters went to St.Joan of Arc ( Ronan,Grainne and Fiona ) late 70's and early 80's.

Plastic Paddy
10/08/2005, 2:07 PM
I started there in 1983 so would just have missed them I guess. Were any of them at the SJA reunion on July 16, do you know?

Now for the Sligo bit - my mother is from just outside Tubbercurry. Let's see if lightning strikes twice. :eek: :D

Sligo Hornet
10/08/2005, 2:13 PM
Both my mother and father ( and all four grandparents ) born in Grange area.......close shave with that lightning strike!

livehead1
10/08/2005, 5:15 PM
Its all about the home of music...Gurteen!!!

Plastic Paddy
10/08/2005, 5:44 PM
Its all about the home of music...Gurteen!!!

:eek:

I spent too many nights there when home on summer holidays as a youngster. Unfortunately my family preferred slit-your-wrists Country 'n' Irish to the traditional stuff, and so it's that we were forced to listen to. My earholes are scarred for life as a result. :D

Edit - thread split and moved to off-topic, to save everyone else the bother of reading all this... :D PP