Cobh v Galway 17:00
Wexford v Kerry 18:00
Athlone v Treaty 19:45

Saturday 18th
Waterford v Bray 15:00
Longford v Finn Harps 19:30

sbgawa
15/03/2023, 2:06 PM
Big relegation 6 pointer in Tallaght on Friday with both Managers under pressure.
I think Bradser has enough credit in the bank to survive almost regardless of results for a while but Clancy is under the gun.
League Leaders Bohs have a very winnable 3 points against UCD and at this stage youd have to make them favourites for the title.
Whatever lingering hopes we have of making a challenge have to start here with a win and hope the bitter reds tke something off Derry :)

Waterford Bray will be interesting, i was at the LSC match on Monday when Bray played Rovers and they looked very decent, it would be a big statement for them to go down to Waterford and get something.

total hoofball
15/03/2023, 7:32 PM
Nobody could have believed before the season the Rovers/Pats game after 6 games could have become a must win for both so early. Bradley may have more credit in the bank to weather a storm of another game without a win but then if they don't beat Pats they have Dundak and Bohs in the following two games which are no certainties of wins either

TonyD
15/03/2023, 7:53 PM
Hard to be optimistic about getting anything on Friday, despite Rovers poor start. We’ve been so, so poor. Hoping against hope for a massive turnaround. At a minimum I just want to see us have a good go at it.

legendz
16/03/2023, 7:27 PM
Drogheda should be a goal up. Terrible miss.

joey B
16/03/2023, 9:04 PM
Drogheda miss a 86th minute penalty for a draw, not a great penalty I thought but Shepperd got down well to save it...

legendz
16/03/2023, 9:06 PM
Drogheda miss a 86th minute penalty for a draw, not a great penalty I thought but Shepperd got down well to save it...
Drogheda should have been 2 nil up before Dundalk scored. Terrible penalty, the short run up as mentioned by the commentators was a bad sign.

Dermobohs
16/03/2023, 9:18 PM
Hugely interesting start to the league, pats/ rovers the weeks most intriguing game. Derry/ Sligo not far behind, great stuff.

Nesta99
17/03/2023, 7:29 AM
Obviously we'll take that result in Drogheda. There are no shortage of times in recent years that we dominated that fixture and didnt get a result so to be 2nd best and take 3 points has its own satisfaction in the end. Id love to know what the fuss over the penalty spot was prior to the peno. The ground was soft as per the amount of players losing their footing but really how much could a spot be carved up to try and spoil the penalty - it was guarded like some sort of whitewash super celeb.

Kiki Balboa
17/03/2023, 7:52 AM
Away to Drogheda is going to be one of the hardest games all year with how they play and the state of the narrow pitch.

Drogheda should have probably won the game, but the difference between the two was the quality in front of goal. Great finish by Malley- but Droghedas defending is very poor. Four lads get sucked towards the ball, giving Malley plenty of space to nearly roll it in.

3rd clean sheet from four games now, and third win in the same period. Dundalk motoring, and still have lots of ways to improve.

With Drogheda, could easily see them finishing 4th and in Europe, or also 9th and in the relegation spots.

Jd2793
17/03/2023, 9:16 AM
u12s defending from drogs for that dundalk goal. real sickener to lose to a soft goal like that

Kiki Balboa
17/03/2023, 9:58 AM
How long is Connolly out for Derry? Will give other teams a chance without him.

Bunny Kelly
17/03/2023, 10:11 AM
Any pitch inspections due with the rain?

ToberonaTornado
17/03/2023, 10:21 AM
Like flies to sh*t those drogs defenders.
Beautiful dancing feet from Tulloch and Malley had all day to finish off.all stemmed from Boyler breaking down a drogs attack in mf. Really excellent goal in an otherwise dour derby game.
The peno save by Shepp from draper's abysmal attempt just rubbed salt into drogs already open wounds.
Boy,I enjoyed last nights match

ToberonaTornado
17/03/2023, 10:28 AM
How long is Connolly out for Derry? Will give other teams a chance without him.
From what I read in Derry journal his injury hasn't been properly assessed yet which usually means it quite serious and along the lines of the of the one suffered by Dickie last season. I hope it's not but that seems to be what's happening there.connolly is a good guy and I've my fingers crossed for him.

Straightstory
17/03/2023, 10:36 AM
Very odd choice to allow an 18 year-old to take the Drogheda penalty; new to the club, and just played a handful of games. And then ends up stretched off. Anyway - hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Bunny Kelly
17/03/2023, 10:57 AM
Very odd choice to allow an 18 year-old to take the Drogheda penalty; new to the club, and just played a handful of games. And then ends up stretched off. Anyway - hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Letting your starting centre forward take a penalty does indeed seem like a 'very odd choice'.

Also what does him suffering an injury in a seperate incident later have relevance to your original point about letting a young player take a penalty?

Straightstory
17/03/2023, 11:16 AM
Letting your starting centre forward take a penalty does indeed seem like a 'very odd choice'.

Also what does him suffering an injury in a seperate incident later have relevance to your original point about letting a young player take a penalty?

None at all. I'm surprised you're trying to find a connection.

total hoofball
17/03/2023, 12:30 PM
The amount of penalties missed in the sport due to short run-ups is huge and is staggering that players at levels continue to do it. Any club with their designated penalty taker should be working on penalties on the training ground especially with a young inexperienced player assigned the role, Draper looked like he had never a taken a penalty in his life short run up head down body arched at such an angle that he could only be hitting to keepers left Shepperd will never get an easier penalty to save

DCWA
17/03/2023, 1:31 PM
Like flies to sh*t those drogs defenders.
Beautiful dancing feet from Tulloch and Malley had all day to finish off.all stemmed from Boyler breaking down a drogs attack in mf. Really excellent goal in an otherwise dour derby game.
The peno save by Shepp from draper's abysmal attempt just rubbed salt into drogs already open wounds.
Boy,I enjoyed last nights match

From what I read in Derry journal his injury hasn't been properly assessed yet which usually means it quite serious and along the lines of the of the one suffered by Dickie last season. I hope it's not but that seems to be what's happening there.connolly is a good guy and I've my fingers crossed for him.

Yeah it will be 3-4 months unfortunately.

Kiki Balboa
17/03/2023, 5:12 PM
1-1 with Pats and Rovers. Pats are so fustrating to watch, in nearly every goal i seen them concede, they just love standing off players and not closing down. The first goal vs Sligo was the exact same, and now with Towell.

PLEASE PUT PRESSURE ON THE BALL!

joey B
17/03/2023, 5:15 PM
1-1 with Pats and Rovers. Pats are so fustrating to watch, in nearly every goal i seen them concede, they just love standing off players and not closing down. The first goal vs Sligo was the exact same, and now with Towell.

Just gave Jack Byrne the freedom of Tallaght to smack one in,fine strike aswell tbf…

Kiki Balboa
17/03/2023, 5:23 PM

That is hilarious. Lads, it's professional football, and everybody is going to be a good player if you give them enough space.

St. Pats might be genuinely the softest defending team I have ever seen in a professional squad. How can you just alllow teams so much room? Its not like they are evening chasing shadows like out-of-their-depth teams- it looks more like as players, they refuse to close down and tackle.

culloty82
17/03/2023, 5:54 PM
Big improvement so far by Kerry, after a nightmare start, but apart from that they've given as good as they've got, so still capable of rescuing a draw from the game.

joey B
17/03/2023, 5:55 PM
Cracking strike from Mulraney to grab a late equaliser,Rovers have massive flaws…,

dundalkfc10
17/03/2023, 5:59 PM
Cracking strike from Mulraney to grab a late equaliser,Rovers have massive flaws…,

They won't be looking forward to visiting Oriel and Dallymount in next 2 games

Interesting times

sbgawa
17/03/2023, 6:02 PM
Embarrassing from Rovers. Taking off gaffney and Kenny for grace and Gannon . Pats were crap and we were nearly as bad. League is gone, team has lost its way completely. Or is this a other hard luck story.

Kiki Balboa
17/03/2023, 6:07 PM
Very nice for Rovers to refuse to win the game. Pats against any other team might have conceded 3 or 4. Rovers played the last half hour liked the game was over and won.

In saying that. There was very decent football played by both teams when going forward. Not a bad game to watch at all, very much enjoyed it. Plenty of players of quality, just very soft.

TonyD
17/03/2023, 6:13 PM
Embarrassing from Rovers. Taking off gaffney and Kenny for grace and Gannon . Pats were crap and we were nearly as bad. League is gone, team has lost its way completely. Or is this a other hard luck story.

Definitely felt Rovers handed us the initiative with their substitutions. They could have added more at 2-1 up so why the negative subs I don’t know. Smacks a bit of sh1tting the bed from Bradley. As was said earlier we have an awful habit of standing off players and conceding as a result. We were a bit better I suppose today, and a cracking strike from Mulraney. I’d have bitten your hand off for a point beforehand, so happy enough. We still look a good way off though. Lots more improvement needed.

Calcio Jack
17/03/2023, 6:22 PM
Definitely felt Rovers handed us the initiative with their substitutions. They could have added more at 2-1 up so why the negative subs I don’t know. Smacks a bit of sh1tting the bed from Bradley. As was said earlier we have an awful habit of standing off players and conceding as a result. We were a bit better I suppose today, and a cracking strike from Mulraney. I’d have bitten your hand off for a point beforehand, so happy enough. We still look a good way off though. Lots more improvement needed.

Agree was sign of desperation when he took off two forwards for two defenders ( in fairness we still created loads of chances) On another night we’d of won 6-2 but we can’t keep saying that after every game…. But it is getting weird how we can’t seem to be able to finish teams off ….. genuinely not sure what the answer is aside from simply beating someone with a clean sheet

joey B
17/03/2023, 6:37 PM
Good win for Shels in Cork,Corks defending might see them favourites for the play off spot….

legendz
17/03/2023, 7:07 PM
Referees are determined not to give Kerry a penalty for opposition handballs. It's not Gaelic Football that Kerry FC have signed up for!

oriel
17/03/2023, 7:13 PM
Enjoyed that second half Rovers v Pats (forgot it was on early !) some strike by Lord Jack to be fair, plus he was a fair old bit out, lovely curve on the ball too seemed to dip right into the net, excellent strike.

To be fair not a bad equaliser too by Mulraney.

Seemed odd tactics by Bradley taking off attackers, Pats were there for the taking mid way though second half.

oriel
17/03/2023, 7:17 PM
u12s defending from drogs for that dundalk goal. real sickener to lose to a soft goal like that

Would be a tough one ok for Drogs to take especially missing very late pen, although the goal was a picking your spot type shot, 4 drogs defenders at one stage on Tulley and he still got a pass into the box.

That's 10 points and 1 goal conceded now by Dundalk in the last 4. I'd imagine Drogs will be still be ok this season, not too many will get away wins there.

joey B
17/03/2023, 7:18 PM
Good game in Derry,awful awful ref though….

wonder88
17/03/2023, 7:31 PM
Awful pitch in Derry. Player safety will have to be considered.

Shinkicker
17/03/2023, 7:39 PM
Good game in Derry,awful awful ref though….
Awful ref in Derry. You would want to see the decision for the Bohs disallowed goal. ABYSMAL!! to say the least

Poor Student
17/03/2023, 7:40 PM
Plenty of drama in Bohs v UCD. Great finish for UCD's opener. Afolabi looked to have scored a lovely equaliser after he took down a cross in the centre of the box, swiveled and finished beautifully into the corner but it was ruled out for the ball having been deemed to have gone out of play before being crossed. The replay isn't conclusive from the angle but it appears it was comfortably in. Bohs then get a penalty and paid their best tribute to Harry Kane and Baggio by sending it into high orbit.

joey B
17/03/2023, 7:57 PM
Sligo lose 2 right backs in the 1 half to injury…

wexfordned
17/03/2023, 8:11 PM
Bradley doing what Bradley does best and somehow ****s up a handy 3 points v Pats.

It's amazing how when a club with the biggest squad & biggest budget come under pressure how they crumble

joey B
17/03/2023, 8:12 PM
Hartmann looks a cracking player…

dundalkfc10
17/03/2023, 8:15 PM
The referee is a disgrace in this Derry game

Jack B
17/03/2023, 8:16 PM
Thought the 2-2 earlier was great fun, plenty of chances for both sides. Hard to know whether it's the best we've played this season or Rovers were hugely subpar themselves, but relieved to have gotten a result all the same.

Often thought that despite their success Rovers have been too cautious for their own good at times. They had a shocker by desperately trying to cling onto the win when they really didn't need to in taking off all of their forwards for defenders. Handed us the initiative in the game when we'd firmly lost it by that point.

Jack B
17/03/2023, 8:22 PM
That is hilarious. Lads, it's professional football, and everybody is going to be a good player if you give them enough space.

St. Pats might be genuinely the softest defending team I have ever seen in a professional squad. How can you just alllow teams so much room? Its not like they are evening chasing shadows like out-of-their-depth teams- it looks more like as players, they refuse to close down and tackle.

Our midfield balance is all over the shop. We either have slow, unathletic defensive midfielders that struggle to get around or technical players whose natural game isn't the defensive aspect (or Forrester who just doesn’t look bothered). Across the season so far we're consistently getting overrun, losing duels, allowing acres of space etc in dangerous areas of the pitch.

sbgawa
17/03/2023, 8:41 PM
Bohs title to lose now

Kiki Balboa
17/03/2023, 8:44 PM
There is a lot of points to be dropped in this league. Dont think Rovers are anyway out of the title race. I know Derry are missing a fair few players, but that starting 11 tonight is not anything that special. Losing Connolly for so long makes them somewhat way less intimidating.

The league seems very open from 1st to 9th.

SkStu
17/03/2023, 8:51 PM
Bohs title to lose now

Can’t see anyone catching us now to be fair.

joey B
17/03/2023, 9:03 PM
And the worst result of the weekend will be Treaty’s,2 up and a man up with 8 minutes left and draw,shocking….,

Shearer
17/03/2023, 9:11 PM
And the worst result of the weekend will be Treaty’s,2 up and a man up with 8 minutes left and draw,shocking….,
Certainly not helped by Alan Patchell playing more than the allotted time, but still should be seeing the game out.

oriel
17/03/2023, 9:18 PM
Awful pitch in Derry. Player safety will have to be considered.

Thought it looked absolutely shocking, and had same opinion last week for the Dundalk game, especially the box Sligo defending second half. I`m no fan of these pitches and DFC considering going bac k to grass, but at least the one in Oriel Park is green, and for some reason seems to be playing better this season, that said grass all day for me, but Derry's is almost at the point of looking unplayable.