PDA

View Full Version : Limerick game

Petmuller
10/08/2005, 12:57 PM
Saturday's game is a huge game for both sides. It promises to be a great game as both sides like to get the ball down and play to feet. Limerick have been far the best side I've seen this season and I've seen Dublin City three times.
A draw looks the mostly likely result but nothing less that a win will be accepted by either side.
The team Sean decides to put out will be the big deciding factor. After last weeks game in Galway I'd go with Ralf at right full back. McCann at left full. Burns and McNamara in the middle of defence. I'd play Faz on the right and Kupono on the left side of mid-field. Conor and Foley in the middle. Sean and Paul up front.

My gut feeling tells me it will be a draw but I'm going for a home win.

sligoman
10/08/2005, 12:59 PM
My gut feeling tells me it will be a draw but I'm going for a home win.Me too but I'm going for a 1-0 win for Rovers :cool:

Red4Eva
10/08/2005, 1:22 PM
limerick are in similar form to ourselves at da moment(both got 7pts from 6 games). i think morale will be back at a decent level after friday's point. i think if we get settled early we'll win. limerick seem to have a fondness for the long ball these days so a fit burnsy should cope with that. if mct starts and plays like he did v galway i think we'll win. i'd love a clean sheet. i wouldn't mess with the team too much. i don't think that helps but if faz isn't gettin much ball in on da left i'd say sean might move him in behind strikers in 4-3-1-2 as he caused dublin city a lot of trouble in the second half there. i hate seeing foley up front cos he's wasted up there, far better in da middle,(useless up front tbh). steve frustrates da sh*te outta me cos he's a good player but needs sum1 following him around da pitch givin him a kick up the arse but he contributes to the score sheet. this is probably totally to do with his relaxed attitude. in da box he can pick outta a pass easily cos he's not panicking. rossi was decnt v seery's scum, poor v dundalk(ten men tho), shaky at times v galway but good at other times. i think raf absolutely has to play in midfield tho so rossi stays rb. i think sc will keep using brown as a sub&try using him when we're gettin good crosses in cos pumping balls up to him ruins his confidence, he need the ball on his head 8 yards out.

team:
o'hara
rossi burns mac kaps
raf steve conor faz
sean mct

result: 3 points is all that matters, hopefully a solid performance in all areas&a clean sheet. 1-0 will do but 2-0 would get us back to where we were a month ago confidence wise. galway could get a point v dublin so we could be back where we belong. fingers crossed

jebus
10/08/2005, 1:29 PM
I'm gonna plump for a 2-1 victory for Limerick, with Jamie Nolan scoring a penalty for us and Finni grabbing a goal from a set piece. That said I wouldn't be surprsied if ye lot beat us 3-0 either such is our unpredictable form

Red4Eva
10/08/2005, 1:31 PM
Jamie Nolan seems to be fond of his penalties. if Duddy's ref he'll get one too

sligoman
10/08/2005, 1:34 PM
Isn't O'Grady suspended for this, after collecting a few yellows? :confused:.

MY TEAM:

O'Hara,

Cretaro, Burns, Mc Namara, McCann,

Kuduzovic, Murtagh, Feeney, Low,

McTiernan, Brown.

Red4Eva
10/08/2005, 1:40 PM
he's gotta be due one soon but not sure if it's this weekend. mct is suspended for cobh i think. dunno bout any1 else

nephin
10/08/2005, 1:40 PM
I'd think Raf should play in right back. I'd perfer to have him at right midfield but at the minute he's our best right back. I think rossiter is a weak link in the defence at the moment.
Will O'Grady miss this game through suspension?
Going to go for a 1-0 win to Rovers.

Petmuller
10/08/2005, 2:09 PM
I'm gonna plump for a 2-1 victory for Limerick, with Jamie Nolan scoring a penalty for us and Finni grabbing a goal from a set piece. That said I wouldn't be surprsied if ye lot beat us 3-0 either such is our unpredictable form

A penalty against Rovers ... never!!!

Should it happen :eek: it'll be the third in three games.

Lim till i die
10/08/2005, 2:21 PM
Saturday's game is a huge game for both sides. It promises to be a great game as both sides like to get the ball down and play to feet. Limerick have been far the best side I've seen this season and I've seen Dublin City three times.

Oh Dear you haven't seen us recently :( Our game against ye in The Showgrounds was our best performance of the season but you can expect to see a lot of ugly hoofery Saturday. It's our manager you see, he seems to like it ;)

But sure fcuk it, I'll travel up Saturday and hopefully we can play ye off the park again and nick a win this time :)

garykelly
10/08/2005, 2:27 PM
i believe o'grady will be suspended for two games but i dont know if it's effective now or after this game.

Terry
10/08/2005, 2:41 PM
i believe o'grady will be suspended for two games but i dont know if it's effective now or after this game.

his suspension comes into play after this weekends fixtures, so he eligable to start for ye saturday.

sligoman
10/08/2005, 3:47 PM
MY TEAM:

O'Hara,

Cretaro, Burns, Mc Namara, McCann,

Kuduzovic, Murtagh, Feeney, Low,

McTiernan, Brown.If O'Grady's ok to play then I'd put him in place of Feeney;).

Petmuller
10/08/2005, 4:23 PM
If O'Grady's ok to play then I'd put him in place of Feeney;).

With O' Grady in instead of Feeney I have to admit it's a good team ... but,
I'd start Sean instead of Paul Brown. Not that I'm convinced that Sean is a better player but more to the point Paul is not 100% ready just yet. He's just back after a long lay-off and has a bit to go yet. He'd be great coming off the bench and even better if he were to score the winner.

Da Real Rover
10/08/2005, 4:48 PM
O'Hara
Rossi
Mc Namara
Burns
Mc Cann
Faz
O'grady
Murtagh
Kaps
Saint Paul
Raf

Mc T and Raf would tear Limerick apart if they we're played together upfront.
2-1 to da Rovers.

The Stars
10/08/2005, 7:06 PM
PLEASE SAY ROSSITER ISNT PLAYING.
He is going to ruin our team with his total lack of ability and effort.
He is only noticed when he makes a mistake or for giving out to the referee or for letting Derek O'Brien walk around him...
Dont care who plays as long as he doesn't.

roversforever
10/08/2005, 7:31 PM
i see some of ye want mccann at left back and make a load of changes to accomodate it......i don't agree.we're unsettled enough at the minute without making wholesale changes to make it worse.my team:

O Hara
Raf Mac Burns Kaps
O Donnell O Grady Murtagh Faz
McT Flannery

I would also prefer raf at right wing but i don't want rossiter or gallagher in the team so i think its a better option to play him at right back.id like to see murtagh in the team coz he's a quality player.i think steve feeney drifts out of games too much.and i always said mct and sean should remain up front.

Petmuller
10/08/2005, 11:09 PM
i see some of ye want mccann at left back and make a load of changes to accomodate it......i don't agree.we're unsettled enough at the minute without making wholesale changes to make it worse.my team:

O Hara
Raf Mac Burns Kaps
O Donnell O Grady Murtagh Faz
McT Flannery

I would also prefer raf at right wing but i don't want rossiter or gallagher in the team so i think its a better option to play him at right back.id like to see murtagh in the team coz he's a quality player.i think steve feeney drifts out of games too much.and i always said mct and sean should remain up front.

O Donnell has been droped from the squad for disaplinary reasons.

sligoman
10/08/2005, 11:12 PM
O Donnell has been droped from the squad for disaplinary reasons.ah crap, for how long? or is it indefinite? :confused:

Petmuller
10/08/2005, 11:24 PM
ah crap, for how long? or is it indefinite? :confused:

It's in todays Champion.
I'm told there's another player leaving as well but I was told in confidence and wouldn't like to say.

sligoman
10/08/2005, 11:37 PM
I'm told there's another player leaving as well but I was told in confidence and wouldn't like to say.If I guess it will you tell me if I'm right?:o :D

Red4Eva
11/08/2005, 10:45 AM
o'donnell has a ****ty attitude&a good performance is rare(1 in 6 i'd say)

McSligo
11/08/2005, 2:17 PM
Taken from http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0811/limerickfc.html

Limerick FC chairman Danny Drew has insisted that manager Noel O'Connor has not resigned from the club despite media speculation to the contrary.
Drew has reacted strongly to speculation suggesting O'Connor was on his way out of the club following a recent run of poor results and insists the former Cork City number two is fully focussed on the club's promotion challenge.
Speaking exclusively to RTÉ, Drew insisted: "Noel O'Connor is in charge for the game against Sligo Rovers. He has not resigned and any media rports suggeting the club is in turmoil are complete rubbish.

"It's in better shape now than it's ever been. All eyes are focussed on the Sligo match as we try to keep our promotion challenge alive."
Limerick currently trail second placed Sligo by eight points and travel to The Showgrounds this Saturday hoping to resurrect their promotion hopes.
Kick-off is at 7.30pm. :D

fc hammer
11/08/2005, 4:55 PM
Nice one lads.. It was good while it lasted ! Super Blues..

Rovers1
11/08/2005, 6:33 PM
Steve missed the bus to KIlkenny and was late for training from what i hear?

sligoman
11/08/2005, 6:35 PM
Steve missed the bus to KIlkennyThat was in the Champion alright

sligoman
13/08/2005, 12:23 PM
Match Preview (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/previews/preview.asp?pid=264)