PDA

View Full Version : Bohs match

superfrank
09/08/2005, 10:03 PM
I think we have a good chance for this one. :eek: I wasn't at the Brandywell but I heard we did well and it's even been said we did well tonight against Newcastle.

DJ Foley and Grant are back for Bohs but Farrelly and Rice are out. I think Oman's suspension is up too.

So...........what do yez think? :confused: ;)

I say 2-1 to us. :eek: :D

BrayZil
10/08/2005, 8:23 AM
Looking forward to this one myself. I think we can definately get something out of this game. I'd go with 2-1 or 3-1 to us.

Roo69
10/08/2005, 9:33 AM
Jesus lads, were's all this confodence coming from ? Dalyer is ALWAYS a hard place to get a result no matter what team they have out. I would be very happy with another draw.

It would set us up nice for the next 3 home games Vs. Harps, Cherry Orchard and St. Pats, actually 5 of our next 6 games are at home, hopefully we can make this count.

I'm still very concerened about our defence, 37 (i think) goals conceded ! absolutey shocking, it needs to be sorted out ASAP.

BrayZil
10/08/2005, 9:47 AM
We have to be confident! But I would settle for a draw. Actually come to think of it when was the last time we won in Dalyer?

Our defence is shocking and I think Skippy has to take a lot of the blame. He just isn’t up to the standard in this division. We’ve scored 27 goals but let in 37 and only kept 1 clean sheet all season. We're letting in an average of nearly 2 goals a game which needs to be sorted ASAP!

Roo69
10/08/2005, 9:58 AM
We have to be confident! But I would settle for a draw. Actually come to think of it when was the last time we won in Dalyer?

Our defence is shocking and I think Skippy has to take a lot of the blame. He just isn’t up to the standard in this division. We’ve scored 27 goals but let in 37 and only kept 1 clean sheet all season. We're letting in an average of nearly 2 goals a game which needs to be sorted ASAP!

Is it time for Hannigan to get his turn in goal ? Right he conceded 5 last night but there was nothing he could do about any of them, infact i thought he played quite well and made some excellent smothering saves. Another plus point is his kicking ! fcuking hell, he was hitting there box nearly with his kick outs. His preformances for the U21's have been top notch as well.

BrayZil
10/08/2005, 10:24 AM
Is it time for Hannigan to get his turn in goal ? Right he conceded 5 last night but there was nothing he could do about any of them, infact i thought he played quite well and made some excellent smothering saves. Another plus point is his kicking ! fcuking hell, he was hitting there box nearly with his kick outs. His preformances for the U21's have been top notch as well.

Totally agree! From what I’ve seen of Hannigan he looks a far better keeper than Skippy. I would say it’s only a matter of time before he gets his chance. Skippy’s a bloody liability, he's just not up to scratch!

Roo69
10/08/2005, 10:47 AM
Totally agree! From what I’ve seen of Hannigan he looks a far better keeper than Skippy. I would say it’s only a matter of time before he gets his chance. Skippy’s a bloody liability, he's just not up to scratch!

i wouldnt go that far, he is a very talanted keeper for one so young but i think Hannigan does deserve a chance. Skippy has had a very bad time of it for the past while, no confidence and i think this is creaping into the defenders as well

superfrank
10/08/2005, 11:00 AM
He's not commanding enough, Skippy this is. He only shouts at the defence when he's conceded. At least Pat gives out orders and lets them know if they have time or not. That's what we need in the defence a leader. Jody's good but not vocal enough, imo.

KR's Post
10/08/2005, 1:49 PM
Leave skippy alone... The defence are to blame if anyone. Wasn't this a Bohs thread???? 2-1 to us. Eamo and Daz

Rocky Rules
10/08/2005, 3:04 PM
Eamonn Z only 50/50 I hear?

BrayZil
10/08/2005, 3:21 PM
Eamonn Z only 50/50 I hear?

He picked up a knock against Derry. I think he has a bruised or swollen foot. Hopefully he'll pull through in time for the match tomorrow.

superfrank
10/08/2005, 7:36 PM
Ankle injury, apparently. Will be fit for tomorrow, apparently.

I read this on Aertel that's why it's safer to say apparently rather then fact. ;) :rolleyes:

Roo69
11/08/2005, 9:41 AM
Match Preview here (http://www.bohemians.ie/matchcentre.htm) , here (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=3383) or here (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/previews/preview.asp?pid=257)

We have a full squad to choose from, that must be the 1st time in years ! Well apart from Collie that is but he's still over in Greece with his sick brother. Gareth Farrelly, Mark O’Brien, Stephen Rice and Aidan Collins are all still out through injury for Bohs, Dominic Foley and Tony Grant return.

centre mid
11/08/2005, 7:43 PM
Halftime 1-0 bohs grant peno :mad: :mad: