PDA

View Full Version : Champions of Munster

James
04/04/2002, 10:14 PM
are you watching RAMBELERS

no wonder the place is so quiet.. everyone out on the beer

city won the MSC 2-0 earlier tonight
goals from Colin O Brien (not P), and Pat Morley

damn pity that man is retiring.. great player and that was prob his last ever goal for city.. well done pat and thanks for the goals.

patsh
05/04/2002, 7:01 AM
Originally posted by James
damn pity that man is retiring.. great player and that was prob his last ever goal for city.. well done pat and thanks for the goals.
And what a superb goal to finish it off too, a textbook header.
Fantastic Pat, Thanks for everything.......:)

On a slightly different point, the abuse Morley got from Moses and his cronies last night p*ssed me off completely. I'm all for people expressing their opinions, but when is this guy going to grow up and move on? He is anti-everybody as far as I can see. Ollie also came in for a fair lash. There was talk recently about banning the guy, and I have to say at the moment, I'd be in favour.....:mad:

niamh
05/04/2002, 8:42 AM
The guy obviously has no comprehension of what exactly Pat has done for City over the years. Granted he's not had the best season but he deserves the respect of every fan.

On a happier note....yay! We won something!! Whoooooohooo!

pete
05/04/2002, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
He is anti-everybody as far as I can see.

You only just figuring that out? :rolleyes:

Moses is too much into individual abuse. Whens the last time he encouraged anyone?

BTW anyone got the lineout for last night....?

Macy
05/04/2002, 9:48 AM
Champions of Munster

Gunther Must Stay?????????? :p

patsh
05/04/2002, 10:38 AM
Devine
Bennet Coughlan Daly Horgan
C T O'B O'Halloran Ollie
Mulligan Hartigol Grady

Morley came on for Hartigan
O'Rouke for Bennet
Mulconroy for Grady

pete
05/04/2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Macy

Gunther Must Stay?????????? :p

Too right he should. He entered 4 competitions & won 1.

Colm
05/04/2002, 1:56 PM
Moses was giving Morley a bit of abuse, but not half as much as that small fat guy who stands at the right hand ide of the shed (ya know the guy whos always shouting Murphy out). He was also giving abuse to Ollie calling him a $hel$ b@stard etc. This guy has no connection with Moses, it just seems that everyone likes getting on Moses's back, give him a break.

On a happier note Morley gave me his shorts after the game (the ones in which he scored his last ever goal for city!!) He got a great goal, he is a true city legend and a hell of a nice guy.

P.S. Derek Coughlan also gave me his socks.

patsh
05/04/2002, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by COLM
it just seems that everyone likes getting on Moses's back, give him a break.
What about Moses giving some of the players a break??
What Moses, or any other fat blokes, were calling Pat Morley last night is a disgrace. Morley has given fantastic service to City and brought joy and happiness to this fan at least and does not deserve to get this kind of sh*t from anyone. Morley did more for City for the time he was on the pitch last night than Moses has ever done for City.
So COLM give me a break with your bullsh*t defence of Moses. He does not deserve any more of a break than he gives to others. I have and do criticise players too, but there is a time to let it go.
It's fair game for anyone to complain about things in a club with which they disagree, but if he cannot see what Morley has done for this club, then it's time for him to go elsewhere as no club or player needs his kind of "support"......:mad:

Btw, I'm not getting at you personally, COLM

James
05/04/2002, 4:59 PM
well said wayne echo those sentiments.. it hurt when he left for $hels, but he was one of if not the greatest goals scorer i have seen play eircom league soccer over the last 10 years

thanks pat

ccfcman
07/04/2002, 3:40 PM
skippy 4 president

Colm
07/04/2002, 5:30 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

What about Moses giving some of the players a break??
[b]What Moses, or any other fat blokes, were calling Pat Morley last night is a disgrace. Morley has given fantastic service to City and brought joy and happiness to this fan at least and does not deserve to get this kind of sh*t from anyone. Morley did more for City for the time he was on the pitch last night than Moses has ever done for City. I never said otherwise, I just think that Moses is by no means the only one but he still gets the blame just cos everyone knows who he is.
Im just as big a fan of Skippy as anyone. I even got Morley no.10 on the back of my jersy a few years ago. I think the guy is a legend and I for one will always be grateful for the service he has given to city.

dysan
08/04/2002, 8:27 AM
After City scored the second goal at the end of the game, people started to leave the ground. At this point a few people in the shed started shouting sunshine/floodlight supporters!!!!. What was that all about ??

In all fairness, anyone who turns up on a cold Thursday evening to watch City play an amateur team in the Munster Senior Cup is a City fan. :confused:

dalo
08/04/2002, 2:20 PM

On a happier note Morley gave me his shorts after the game .

P.S. Derek Coughlan also gave me his socks.

I reckon Pat did afew last things in those shorts before he handed them over to you. I just hope they were clean.

Socks as well? They must have really liked you:D

razor
08/04/2002, 2:53 PM
I agree totally on the people turning up, I got a bloody cold out of it, it was freezing.
Fair Play to Morley for all his effort over the years but I must say he was total rubbish the other night, every single time he got the ball he gave it away. I know he scored but still I think its time to give the youngsters a chance.
Even if he didwait until I went for a **** to score.

Éanna
09/04/2002, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by scottyshedender
For Sure, thats right, Ill be the first person to say I dont like what Morley said as he left for Shels but in the end I did shake his hand last nite to say thanks for the good years.....You may dislike the guy but you must respect his talent.

Good Luck Skip
spot on scotty. Thanks Pat and all the best

James
09/04/2002, 3:51 PM
even thought u hate him eanna you still wish him the best..
i'm confused i dont know bout the rest of ye

dalo
09/04/2002, 3:53 PM
have to agree there. put it down to teenage angst:D

niamh
09/04/2002, 4:20 PM
I don't think you'll find anyone who won't say that Pat has been a great servant for City when he's played for the club.

Regardless of what else happened with him, he deserves respect for what he did achieve with City and even Eanna knows that...

Éanna
10/04/2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by niamh
even Eanna
Even me?! THE CHEEK! :D BTW JAMES, I never said i hated him! I said I didn't like him-that was it. Can't deny he's possibly the greatest striker this league has ever had.

Colm
10/04/2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by dalo

I reckon Pat did afew last things in those shorts before he handed them over to you. I just hope they were clean.

Socks as well? They must have really liked you:D I washed them quite a few times. Believe me they needed it.

Eanna, what have you got against Skippy?

Éanna
10/04/2002, 12:46 PM
Eanna, what have you got against Skippy?
Basically I made the point that if i was a manager, there are other TYPES of players I'd prefer to pick in my team than Skippy.

Colm
10/04/2002, 12:58 PM
Fair enough, but surely when he was in his prime he would have been in anyones team.