Wexford v Athlone
Kerry v Treaty
Waterford v Galway
Finn Harps v Bray (20:00)

Saturday 4th

Longford v Cobh (19:30)

sbgawa
28/02/2023, 4:37 PM
Early chance for Derry to pull 5 points clear of Rovers. Rumours of Jack Byrne at centrehalf hard to believe but then we do believe in playing out from the back ;) Leaving aside the sending off Rovers didnt look great in our first matches, expecting a Derry win tbh. Id snap the hand off for a draw and hopefully kick on from there with a win against Cork on Monday

Bohs winning their first two matches looks good but its hard to know how good Cork and Dundalk are. We will have a better idea after this double header.
Waterford will want the 3 points agaisnt Galway having only drawn with Longford....even at this stage they must be dreading a playoff.

SPXcyan
28/02/2023, 5:08 PM
The Waterford/Galway match be intriguing, anything but a win for ourselves would be rather worrying, Longford were so very comfortable the other night, I think Galway could handily bait us black and blue if they had a better manager at the helm, so I am quiet optimistic even though our manager proved once again that he has no ability to adapt.. odd considering this background.

Calcio Jack
28/02/2023, 5:49 PM
Early chance for Derry to pull 5 points clear of Rovers. Rumours of Jack Byrne at centrehalf hard to believe but then we do believe in playing out from the back ;) Leaving aside the sending off Rovers didnt look great in our first matches, expecting a Derry win tbh. Id snap the hand off for a draw and hopefully kick on from there with a win against Cork on Monday

Bohs winning their first two matches looks good but its hard to know how good Cork and Dundalk are. We will have a better idea after this double header.
Waterford will want the 3 points agaisnt Galway having only drawn with Longford....even at this stage they must be dreading a playoff.

Hopefully Bradley and the players won’t have such a defeatist attitude …. We have the midfield and forwards to deal with any loss of personnel at the back so I’m expecting Rovers to win and anything else is unacceptable

legendz
28/02/2023, 6:13 PM
It's a pity Shamrock Rovers v Derry is on Friday night. Many of us supporting our own clubs will miss it. I'll have a choice of Premier Division games to watch on Monday.

placid casual
28/02/2023, 6:50 PM
I'm not sure what Rovers games you were watching sbgawa, but sending offs prevented Rovers from getting 6 points from the first 2 games. The defensive situation for Rovers won't be watertight but I still fully expect 3 points.
Rovers have better players all over the park and it being the first game at home this season I think the players will want to put a marker down and just soften higgins cough a little.

sbgawa
28/02/2023, 7:00 PM
All of the sending off were stupid self inflicted and showed a lack of discipline that dissapointed me.
Sligo are poor and drogs aren't great either but we were far from comfortable at 1 nil before the sending off.

I'm hoping we show up and beat Derry bit like we did at the death last year in the run in against pats and shels.
I don't think we can afford to give Derry a 5 point head start.

ger121
28/02/2023, 7:44 PM
Premier Division

Friday 3rd (19:45 unless stated)

Bohemians v Shelbourne
Dundalk v St Pats
Cork v UCD
Drogheda v Shelbourne
Shamrock Rovers v Derry (20:00)

Monday 6th (19:45 unless stated)

Bohemians v Drogheda
Dundalk v Shelbourne
Sligo v St Pats
UCD v Derry
Shamrock Rovers v Cork (20:00)

First Division

Friday 3rd (19:45 unless stated)

Wexford v Athlone
Kerry v Treaty
Waterford v Galway
Finn Harps v Bray (20:00)

Saturday 4th

Longford v Cobh (19:30)

Fixed that for you.

ontheotherhand
28/02/2023, 8:32 PM
All of the sending off were stupid self inflicted and showed a lack of discipline that dissapointed me.
Sligo are poor and drogs aren't great either but we were far from comfortable at 1 nil before the sending off.

I'm hoping we show up and beat Derry bit like we did at the death last year in the run in against pats and shels.
I don't think we can afford to give Derry a 5 point head start.

I agree with you on the cards but thought we were pretty comfortable at 1-0 in both games. That was our best period against Sligo and we looked likely to get another until the red. Same with Drogs where I think we actually played better than we have against them in a while, particularly in the start of the second half where we cut them apart. Could have gone on to get another goal and should have through Grace on 69 mins...right before he gets sent off. Hard not to focus purely on the reds though.

dcfc_legend9
28/02/2023, 9:21 PM
I'll raise use the 3 suspended for Rovers and drop in our midfield players we currently have put in O'Reilly, Duffy and Dummigan. Diallo more than likely will come in and play alongside Patrick mceleney and then I'd nearly say Higgins will go with Mceneff over patching as he has been scoring. We can't afford to play with the 3 we had in midfield against Cork as a team with the quality rovers have would pick us apart.

I would take a draw and come up the road happy even with Rovers having the defensive woes.

I'd take 4 points from these run of games.

ontheotherhand
28/02/2023, 10:03 PM
I'll raise use the 3 suspended for Rovers and drop in our midfield players we currently have put in O'Reilly, Duffy and Dummigan. Diallo more than likely will come in and play alongside Patrick mceleney and then I'd nearly say Higgins will go with Mceneff over patching as he has been scoring. We can't afford to play with the 3 we had in midfield against Cork as a team with the quality rovers have would pick us apart.

I would take a draw and come up the road happy even with Rovers having the defensive woes.

I'd take 4 points from these run of games.

Is McJannet out as well?

We've 3 suspensions (our entire back 3) and then 3 key injuries: Sean Hoare, Ronan Finn and Sean Kavanagh. All could have helped plug the holes at centre half. Hoare and Kavanagh may be back but that's a tough first game.

But your injuries are definitely helpful. Burke looks sharp enough to take advantage of the space O'Reilly seems good at suffocating.

Could be a bit of a shootout although Connolly looks so impressive every time I see him so you should be a bit sturdier at the back than us.

sbgawa
28/02/2023, 10:31 PM
Fixed that for you.

Cheers although judging by the reports of tickets sales to Bohs fans i might have been more right than wrong :)

Scrufil
28/02/2023, 10:45 PM
Awful hard on Shelbourne having to play both home and away on Friday night!

sbgawa
01/03/2023, 6:51 AM
Awful hard on Shelbourne having to play both home and away on Friday night!

Jaysus i was having a senior moment when doing that up, cant even use the vino colappso as an excuse i was in work :)

nigel-harps1954
01/03/2023, 11:33 AM
Just hoping for an improved performance from Harps. Still very early days for this side, but need to be showing signs of improvement every week.

D24Saint
01/03/2023, 12:02 PM
The opening shots of the Mr K v SOD court case this weeks adds an extra bit of spice to the match on Friday. Hopefully we put in a better performance than last V Shels. It will be interesting to see where Dundalk are at this year.

dcfc_legend9
01/03/2023, 12:03 PM
Is McJannet out as well?

We've 3 suspensions (our entire back 3) and then 3 key injuries: Sean Hoare, Ronan Finn and Sean Kavanagh. All could have helped plug the holes at centre half. Hoare and Kavanagh may be back but that's a tough first game.

But your injuries are definitely helpful. Burke looks sharp enough to take advantage of the space O'Reilly seems good at suffocating.

Could be a bit of a shootout although Connolly looks so impressive every time I see him so you should be a bit sturdier at the back than us.

McJannet I believe is closer to being fit than the other players currently out although he may still not make this game either. If McJannet does make it though we may see him play left back with Coll right back and potentially Ben Doherty coming into midfield along with Diallo allowing Fats to be pushed further forward. That personally would be my choice but again Higgins knows better than me.

Fascinating game especially given the amount of injuries and suspensions.

2 Year Contract
01/03/2023, 12:40 PM
The opening shots of the Mr K v SOD court case this weeks adds an extra bit of spice to the match on Friday.

If he gets a win bonus at dundalk it’ll surely be great motivation for him for the rest of the season. After all he’ll need every penny to help pay off Pats high court motion ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeagueOfIreland/comments/11e5azh/sod_may_have_to_pay_costs_of_st_pats_high_court/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=3&utm_content=share_button

placid casual
01/03/2023, 2:33 PM
Yer man from Hull will pay that off-sure he's dying to give his money away.

Jd2793
02/03/2023, 3:54 PM
shels have cancelled tickets that away fans have ordered for the home end. given the two clubs are about 2km from one another how have they managed to tell who is or isnt a home fan?

Yossarian
02/03/2023, 3:57 PM
shels have cancelled tickets that away fans have ordered for the home end. given the two clubs are about 2km from one another how have they managed to tell who is or isnt a home fan?

Anyone who ordered a home ticket and asked about hearing the club poet before the game had the ticket cancelled.

sbgawa
02/03/2023, 4:05 PM

Anyone that asked about sustainable bike parking and vegan burgers would have been singled out id say.

2 Year Contract
02/03/2023, 4:18 PM

Id assume they’ve cancelled tickets that were bought by email addresses that hadn’t been used to buy home tickets at Tolka before. No doubt there’d be first time attendees that get stung with that method but it’s the only one I can think of that they’d have used

SkStu
02/03/2023, 4:50 PM
Ollie would never have turned down that sweet, sweet hippy cash.

Another Bohemia
02/03/2023, 5:08 PM
Id assume they’ve cancelled tickets that were bought by email addresses that hadn’t been used to buy home tickets at Tolka before. No doubt there’d be first time attendees that get stung with that method but it’s the only one I can think of that they’d have used

Don't future ticketing do ticketing for all LOI clubs? Could have been as easy as asking them to cancel any tickets sold to email addresses that buy tickets for the Bohs home games.

Martinho II
02/03/2023, 8:18 PM
Don't future ticketing do ticketing for all LOI clubs? Could have been as easy as asking them to cancel any tickets sold to email addresses that buy tickets for the Bohs home games.

Yeah correct I had to buy my ticket thro them for the RSC last week!

Nesta99
03/03/2023, 8:10 PM
I could start actually enjoying football again! Ddnt see that scoreline in Oriel coming. Awful defending and goalkeeping. Without Redmond there would be no St Pats defence setup at all.

El-Pietro
03/03/2023, 8:16 PM
I could start actually enjoying football again! Ddnt see that scoreline in Oriel coming. Awful defending and goalkeeping. Without Redmond there would be no St Pats defence setup at all.

It's 2014-2018 all over again!

Nesta99
03/03/2023, 8:25 PM
Free scoring Dundalk and Cork....

dundalkfc10
03/03/2023, 8:28 PM
Easy stuff in Oriel. Just got the 5th and Slogget and Ward (2 senior players in mid) are screaming at rest dundalk players on way back centre circle to keep going and get another one. I love to see that

kksaints
03/03/2023, 8:44 PM
Unbelievably bad performance from us. Lewis and Odumosu were particularly toxic but everyone was terrible.

pineapple stu
03/03/2023, 8:45 PM
One point off Rovers three games in

I guess we'd have settled for that at this stage!

Already has the looks of a weird season, even by LoI standards.

2 Year Contract
03/03/2023, 8:45 PM
Absolutely putrid pat’s performance in all departments

Nesta99
03/03/2023, 8:49 PM
Absolutely putrid pat’s performance in all departments

Could be legitimate grounds for O'Donnell to be at fault for St Pats woes tonight!

dundalkfc10
03/03/2023, 8:51 PM
Something needs done about the refs in the league. The yellow cards players are getting are just ridiculous at times

There's still 5 mins+ left in Tallaght but in 5 games there was 30 yellow cards and I can guarantee none were too dirty of a game.

ger121
03/03/2023, 9:07 PM
The red for Connolly was a joke. He gets barged into by the Shels player from behind and the momentum pushed him forward into Wilson. I’d hope the club is appealing that one. The amount of cards in games is out of control.

Jack B
03/03/2023, 9:08 PM
Last season when we were battered against against Derry the silver lining was that they looked phenomenally impressive, but I'm not even sure Dundalk were that good tonight and it should have been more than 5. Stiff competition but one of the most astonishingly bad Pats performances I've witnessed.

da bishop
03/03/2023, 9:12 PM
Congrats to Kerry/first point and well deserved,battled away all game and down to ten players mins into second half.Treaty clueless and Barretts subs questionable to say the least.

legendz
03/03/2023, 9:20 PM
Kerry played well. Getting a second yellow card was needless and ridiculous by Quaid. He was only moments from being substituted as well. Kerry have competed well now in the first three games and it's good to get a point on the board. Kerry need a few more games at this level but they are getting more street wise game by game. It was important to get at least a point ahead of Galway away next.

Shinkicker
03/03/2023, 9:20 PM
The red for Connolly was a joke. He gets barged into by the Shels player from behind and the momentum pushed him forward into Wilson. I’d hope the club is appealing that one. The amount of cards in games is out of control.
I would agree entirely with this, he was hit from behind after the event, lino had a great view, have to say the ref was not good tonight.

wonder88
03/03/2023, 9:21 PM
D Duff's Shels get their first win, been coming as they have been unfortunate in their first two games. Good to see Wexford and Kerry get results tonight.

Shinkicker
03/03/2023, 9:22 PM
Big congratulations to Kerry FC on their first point in the LOI.

Nesta99
03/03/2023, 9:36 PM

Cork fans were on to something when enraged by their players being tackled (2014-18 has been mentoned), Refs seem to be following suit these days, dishing out cards for tackles as if they were outlawed and sometimes for nothing obvious! 30 cards over 5 fixtures should jump out at the assessors even if not at the games.

TonyD
03/03/2023, 9:42 PM
Unbelievably bad performance from us. Lewis and Odumosu were particularly toxic but everyone was terrible.

Shocking stuff. Thoroughly inept from Pats. We actually had more of the ball, but never remotely looked like scoring, and as for the defending, if you can call it that !

Calcio Jack
03/03/2023, 9:48 PM
Very good game in Tallaght Rovers played some scintillating stuff , got caught for two sucker punches by Derry , who took their two chances really well but aside from that never looked much of a threat …. Only mistake by us was starting Kenny ahead of Gaffney, as even though he scored I lost count of the number of times he lost the ball of gave a poor pass to break up a move.

Farrugia was brilliant but so frustrating as he beat Derry full back multiple times but failed to deliver one decent cross or shot.

Even Jack Byrne had a ‘fresh air’ from around penalty spot when it looked easy to score.

Based on tonight’s display Gary O’Neill is by miles the best centre half in the country ; not only defended well but strolled out of the defence and delivers some wonderful passes.

Finally after all the poor referee displays across the league since start of the season Neil Doyle was excellent.

So we’re now in the playoff position but I fancy after tonight that as John Giles likes to say we’ll give someone ‘a good hiding ‘ soon.

So we’ve given the contenders/pretenders a head start but we’ll be coming after you

SeanDrog
03/03/2023, 9:48 PM
As a Drog I couldn’t be happier with the start to the season :) Kevin Doherty manager of the month :)

Dermobohs
03/03/2023, 9:51 PM
I would agree entirely with this, he was hit from behind after the event, lino had a great view, have to say the ref was not good tonight.
Yes, was never a red, barged into by the following defender he bumped Wilson. Unfortunately the lad decided on the cheating route and fell as if shot holding his face.
Coward and cheat son.

oriel
03/03/2023, 9:55 PM
Last season when we were battered against against Derry the silver lining was that they looked phenomenally impressive, but I'm not even sure Dundalk were that good tonight and it should have been more than 5. Stiff competition but one of the most astonishingly bad Pats performances I've witnessed.

Keith Ward should really have scored late on to make it 6 when he was clean through, so you are right it should have been more than 5.

Jd2793
03/03/2023, 10:01 PM
my god ucd were bad. could have been 6 or 7 and it wouldnt have flattered us. not getting my hopes up yet as they were so poor but good to be off the mark infront of 5k fans nonetheless.

cant believe that pats result. can any fans tell my why mark doyle is still starting for a club in europe? its an obvious blindspot. wont even bother banging my ben mccormack drum as ive not watched the game back yet

RealJohn91
03/03/2023, 10:06 PM
Red card in the Bohs was a shocker but we were pretty terrible tonight even before that. To be fair to Shels they're set up very well and won't let many in this season if they can keep that level of organisation.