PDA

View Full Version : fenlon apologises

thecorner
09/08/2005, 7:04 PM
click (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=3377)

muppet

Anto McC
09/08/2005, 7:16 PM
As i said on Shelsweb he does not have to explain his actions or apologise to us(Shels fans) but fair play anyway

scrappy harp
09/08/2005, 7:32 PM
As i said on Shelsweb he does not have to explain his actions or apologise to us(Shels fans) but fair play anyway

Fair play for what , all he's trying to do is avoid a sanction.
Drogs scored a good goal not offside.,

OneRedArmy
09/08/2005, 7:36 PM
He's not doing it for the benefit of the fans, he's doing it to attempt to reduce any punishment coming his way.

And whilst you obviously have your own opinions, if the manager, assistant manager, coach and chairman of my club dragged my clubs reputation through the dirt as happened last night (not to mention the numerous other occassions), I'm damn sure I'd want an apology and a promise it won't happen again.

Its your club ffs and if you don't think it merits an apology you are effectively condoning his actions!

PS I'm waiting for Ollie's statement, I'm sure its just taking a bit longer to draft....

thejollyrodger
09/08/2005, 8:21 PM
Nutsy lost the plot and did him and us no favours. Its always intresting and sometimes funny to see incidents happening but it wouldnt be repeated out in the open like that in any(other?) professional league around europe.

pete
09/08/2005, 9:35 PM
Some credit for the apology but seems a bit half hearted.

If a City staff member did something similar City fans would debate a statement better than that.

Shels do seem to be a lot different that other clubs in that supporters don't seem to "own" the club name as at others... Criticise iseems to be shot down as opposed to discussed.

Dyl10
09/08/2005, 9:46 PM
No apology to the Drogs supporters though :rolleyes:

superfrank
09/08/2005, 10:05 PM
I don't get why the Drogs are so upset about Jayo. Every player does that once in awhile. :mad:

OneRedArmy
09/08/2005, 10:10 PM
I don't get why the Drogs are so upset about Jayo. Every player does that once in awhile. :mad:
In many other leagues its viewed an incitement to violence and the police and/or football authorities would do something about it.

And not "every player" does it.

Anto McC
09/08/2005, 10:12 PM
And whilst you obviously have your own opinions, if the manager, assistant manager, coach and chairman of my club dragged my clubs reputation through the dirt as happened last night (not to mention the numerous other occassions), I'm damn sure I'd want an apology and a promise it won't happen again.

You're a fan and no more,you are owed nothing.if you don't like,lump it

superfrank
09/08/2005, 10:13 PM
In many other leagues its viewed an incitement to violence and the police and/or football authorities would do something about it.

Steffen Effenberg springs to mind....

Sam Savic
09/08/2005, 10:13 PM
There was more than Fenlon involved. Where's the statement from the club chairman? What are Shelbourne FC going to do about it? Apologise and do nothing?
Someone suggested a ban on Shelbourne using that stand and leaving all that area clear. The FAI should take charge of event management at Tolka as it is quite clear that Shelbourne can't manage it.

OneRedArmy
09/08/2005, 10:28 PM
Whats a club without its fans?

Sorry, forgot I was talking to a Shels fan. Poor choice of words...

Anto McC
09/08/2005, 10:31 PM
Whats a club without its fans?

Sorry, forgot I was talking to a Shels fan. Poor choice of words...

Exactly,Shels have no fans and yet have won the league twice in a row,can you imagine what it would be like if we had fans.

OneRedArmy
09/08/2005, 10:43 PM
can you imagine what it would be like if we had fans.Well beyond the realm of my imagination I`m afraid. You're being silly now.

Although I expect it would be something like the 11th unmentioned plague in the book of Exodus. You know:
1. blood
2. frogs
3. gnats
4. flies
5. disease in cattle
6. boils
7. hail
8. locusts
9. darkness
10. death of firstborn
11. more Shels fans

God help us all.

Dodge
09/08/2005, 10:51 PM

yeah but the worst in the league for it is Drogs' O'Brien... In fairness to him though I don't think he's ever ran the whole length of the pitch to do it...

dcfcsteve
10/08/2005, 12:18 AM

I think we may finally have hit upon the reason why Shels are so poorly supported. Seems like most of their supposed fans have actually chosen to take the "lump it" root.....

Sure we're all just consumers/turnstile fodder in the business of football anyway. So let's shut up, renew our season tickets, and go get ourselves a programme and burger before we get too carried away with ourselves....

TheOwl
10/08/2005, 12:37 AM
Seems like most of their supposed fans have actually chosen to take the "lump it" root.....

Sure we're all just consumers/turnstile fodder in the business of football anyway. So let's shut up, renew our season tickets, and go get ourselves a programme and burger before we get too carried away with ourselves....

I always have to laugh at how foot.ie is seen as some highly defined sample by some people, who consider one or two peoples opinions to be representative of the opinions of “most fans” at that club.

Cosmo
10/08/2005, 7:03 AM
'I don't get why the Drogs are so upset about Jayo'

You'll find the majority of drogs dont care less about him or celebrating in front of us. I have no problem with him doing it whatsoever (or any other player that gets stick from us for that matter) - if ye cant take it, dont give it

Wiseguy
10/08/2005, 9:02 AM
'I don't get why the Drogs are so upset about Jayo'

You'll find the majority of drogs dont care less about him or celebrating in front of us. I have no problem with him doing it whatsoever (or any other player that gets stick from us for that matter) - if ye cant take it, dont give it

What about Dessie Baker's gesture towards yourselves in Utd Pk after the FAI Cup Semi last season??????Lots of Drogs went mental about that.I have seen several players give insulting gestures towards opposing fans so you just give it back twice as bad.
I think the behaviour of Shels was terrible but emotions & tempers were running very high in a make or break game for Shels and without the benefit of seeing the incident again and the referee's actions your bound to go mental.I am not condoning this kind of behaviour but i kind of understand why certain individuals lost it.At the end of the day the FAI should hand out it's punishment and move on but it's just another chance for EL fans to dig at another club.

Cosmo
10/08/2005, 9:09 AM
What about Dessie Baker's gesture towards yourselves in Utd Pk after the FAI Cup Semi last season??????Lots of Drogs went mental about that.I have seen several players give insulting gestures towards opposing fans so you just give it back twice as bad.
I think the behaviour of Shels was terrible but emotions & tempers were running very high in a make or break game for Shels and without the benefit of seeing the incident again and the referee's actions your bound to go mental.I am not condoning this kind of behaviour but i kind of understand why certain individuals lost it.At the end of the day the FAI should hand out it's punishment and move on but it's just another chance for EL fans to dig at another club.

Dessie Baker incident is different :rolleyes: - he was given no stick and then after winning the cup semi final in united park decides to go up to the drogs supporters giving it loads (flattered again that an opposition player decided to come over to us first rather than his own supporters). Different issue to a player getting dogs abuse.

As i said it come down to a player getting dogs abuse - if ye give it, ye can expect something back (so no problems with george o callaghan or jason byrne giving it loads when they scored against us) - but baker incident was totally different

SeanDrog
10/08/2005, 9:25 AM
St Cosmo does it again - praise be

patsh
10/08/2005, 9:49 AM
Sickening hypocritical bullsh*t from Nuttsy, who hopes to slither his way out of this again.

Ban the f*cker for the rest of the season at least.

Jerry The Saint
10/08/2005, 9:55 AM
Yes fair play to him for apologising to "Shelbourne FC, it’s supporters, staff and players" oh yeah, and before I forget "the match officials". :rolleyes:

Fenlon apologising to Shels staff and players is like Charles Manson apologising to the rest of the Manson Family.

Also I think the floodlight pole also deserves an apology. :D How funny it would have been if the poison dwarf had injured himself? Richie Dunne kicking a wall in frustration makes more sense to me now.

Slash/ED
10/08/2005, 12:00 PM
As i said it come down to a player getting dogs abuse - if ye give it, ye can expect something back (so no problems with george o callaghan or jason byrne giving it loads when they scored against us) - but baker incident was totally different

Exactly!

Agree with you all the way there

hoops1
10/08/2005, 12:19 PM
1. blood
2. frogs
3. gnats
4. flies
5. disease in cattle
6. boils
7. hail
8. locusts
9. darkness
10. death of firstborn
11. more Shels fans

Is that not the Shelbourne team sheet from the other night?

higgins
11/08/2005, 4:04 PM
Idiots yet again...

What did Fenlon do to anyone else in the League last Monday night ?? Nothing
He said sorry to the shels fans who are the most upset over what happened!

Who else should he say sorry to?

Let him be. He will get punished and yet again Shels will suffer from him not being on the pitch and dressing room in what is a very tough time of year for shels.

I actually like the fact you all have a very strong interest in shels. Any other club and it would be ignored mostly.

Thanks for that. So many Shels related threads is great

thecorner
11/08/2005, 4:15 PM
Idiots yet again...

fenlon,ollie and co. in a nutshell ;)

higgins
11/08/2005, 4:18 PM
Idiots : people who dont know what they are talking about yet can sit at a keyboard thinking they know it all.

I will not defend Ollie if he has done wrong and have been one of the first to come out against him in the past. Fenlon too!!

Do you lot deal in facts or just accept what others have posted?

Poor Student
11/08/2005, 6:07 PM
Do you lot deal in facts or just accept what others have posted?

Funny you should go on about dealing in facts. Didn't you just claim the Slovenian league has higher attendences than the eL off the top of your head? :p

higgins
11/08/2005, 6:19 PM
Yes I guess I did..

From playing them a few years back I had looked into their league and thought it no surprise when we were rightly beaten over the two legs.

Last year I looked into the Croatian league too and thought we would lose but we didnt :)

I may have been wrong about the slovenian league but I didnt make it up !!! A COMPLETE DIFFERENCE!! Its something I thought and I mentioned it. Im wrong on a regular basis, you'll get used to it :)

Slash/ED
11/08/2005, 6:23 PM
Im wrong on a regular basis, you'll get used to it :)

I know I have :p