PDA

View Full Version : Best & Worst of season.

pete
04/04/2002, 11:19 AM
I know its fairly hard but can anyone think of their best moment of the the season or even their worst?

Best: Two 3-1 scorelines at Richmond Park?

Worst: Maybe 1-4 in Longford being just a let down after re-season optimism?

joe
04/04/2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by scottyshedender
Against Monaghan 2 weeks ago when for a split second I thought (COME ON NOEL GET YOUR HAT-TRICK YOU LEGEND)

is that in the best or worst category? :D

niamh
04/04/2002, 12:38 PM
Second half against Rovers at the Cross was just sublime. When was the last time City were 1:0 down and you just need they could win.

Worse: The Bohs match at the Cross. After travelling down for the match with Bohs fans to see them destroyed City and then have to go all the way back with said fans, estatic because of the win...

dalo
04/04/2002, 12:50 PM
best has to beating pat´s in the cross 2-1 and the win over sham´s in richmond 3-1 before xmas.

the worst has to be losing to ucd 2-0 at home and dundalk at home in august

patsh
04/04/2002, 1:04 PM
Worst:
a) Gunther's interminable excuses............
b) City 0 - 3 Bohs, for the shear awfulness of the City performance.
c) City 0 - 1 Limerick in the LC. Inept, dire, awful, sick as parrot....

Best:
a)City 2- 1 Pat's, great game, team performance of spirit and heart
b)Moses attempted assault on Tony O'Dowd for the Wednesday game against Rovers, well maybe not the best but the funniest attempt at jumping a wall I ever saw........:p

Colm
04/04/2002, 1:19 PM
The best for me had to be citys comeback to beat rovers 2-1 at the cross. The worst moments have to be when we were winning 2-1 in dalymount in injury time and as we were singing cheerio to the Bohs fans who were leaving all of a sudden Crowe scored that late late equaliser. We were gutted. Also losing to Limerick was a low point for the season.

James
04/04/2002, 2:29 PM
BEST away game: Pats 3-1 Win .. Ollies goal for 65 yards :) and pete getting his bike nicked from out side richmond so that some junkie could get his next fix

also: away match in galway, drunkenly scaling a wall to hoist joe's city flag and wondering having scaled the wall then how the hell i was going to get down..and singing to "Gaaaalway .. youve only got 17 fans" to the galway supporters in their main stand.. only to have them saing back "City.. you've only got 4 fans.." well we laughed anyway..also good laugh in Kate's afterwards

Best home: well the second half against rovers..was like the old city we used to see every week, players and fans buzzing, crowd in good voice, and colin p's winner to bout

Worst: Bohs..having travelled 3000 miles for that embarrassment and then having to put up with smug Bohs fans (inc tea-boy :) ) in the TCT after..grrr

also listening to rovers cup commenary on radio at 9am on sun morning and having benno's og described to me by a delighted Gab Eagan ( i think it was )..

Event of the season: the entended trip to longford for their UEFA cup match ..great craic lots of drink, and damn nice people

Of course it would have been the away trip to latvia that should be mentioned here, but jimmy the gnome spoiled that by head butting the metalurgus player after only being on the pitch a matter of mins... those latvians couldnt play that well but boy did they love their bread ;)..

ccfcman
04/04/2002, 3:23 PM
best event at the cross...the floodlights and that little kid who stoped the ball going out for an irish corner

dalo
04/04/2002, 3:34 PM
i remember that yonug lad very funny:D

patsh
04/04/2002, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
best event at the cross...the floodlights and that little kid who stoped the ball going out for an irish corner
I remember the kid stopping the ball going out for a corner happening at the Mon U game.....
Unless it also happened at the Irish game, but I doubt it with all the bouncers around the pitch........:confused:

pete
04/04/2002, 4:11 PM
Originally posted by James
BEST away game: Pats 3-1 Win .. Ollies goal for 65 yards :) and pete getting his bike nicked from out side richmond so that some junkie could get his next fix

Thanks for reminding me :(

Most entertaining moment: Eanna & his u-10 local posse (facinated by flares & hats) in Monaghan.

James
04/04/2002, 4:14 PM
ohh thanks for reminding me

Eanna moment of the season: trying to trash the stadium in latvia after mulligan got sent off, while the city directors look on bewildered.. meanwhile Lenord (remember him) teaches "Suil i solas dae" to the latvian fans that now have crowded around the city fans giving out free bread :)

kempes
04/04/2002, 6:49 PM
best + worst v city this season for the Hoops

Best :
1-0 thanks to Mr Bennett in the cup

;-)

Worst :
the late winner in the 2-1 game.

:-(

koh

Kempes

Éanna
09/04/2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by James
"Gaaaalway .. youve only got 17 fans" to the galway supporters in their main stand.. only to have them saing back "City.. you've only got 4 fans.." well we laughed anyway..also good laugh in Kate's afterwards

funny thing was there were 5 of us that they were pointing at and plenty more in the stand- blind barstards!:D

Éanna
09/04/2002, 12:40 PM
BEST away game: Away game v Rovers when we won 3-1

Best home: second half v rovers

Worst: most of the rest- longford away, dundalk-both- and bohs at home stand out.

Event of the season: the trek to latvia

niamh
09/04/2002, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

funny thing was there were 5 of us that they were pointing at and plenty more in the stand- blind barstards!:D

JC, the maths genius was there, singing you see :D

Ruairi
10/04/2002, 12:56 PM
BestColin P's late winner against Rovers at the X

WorstLiam Murphy taking his place in the dugout before each game! :D

Colm
10/04/2002, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi

WorstLiam Murphy taking his place in the dugout before each game! :D I like it!

Snatch
15/04/2002, 8:45 PM
Best moment: Ollie's hat trick against Postman Pats, I thought the tide was turning!:(

Worst Moment: Playing one up front in the home leg of the UEFA Cup game against Latvian opposition. Why did we bother entering?????:mad: