PDA

View Full Version : Who will get Relegated

Pages : [1] 2

pete
09/08/2005, 2:31 PM
Make yout choice...

fosterdollar
09/08/2005, 2:33 PM
It's gotta be Finn Harps and hopefully Waterford after the playoff with Sligo.

Dublin 5 Hoop
09/08/2005, 2:35 PM
Waterford without a doubt and Bray for the play offs

Lim till i die
09/08/2005, 2:35 PM
Finn Harps without a doubt. Another lovely trip to add to Dundalk and Monaghan next season :(

Schumi
09/08/2005, 2:40 PM
Waterford. Harps and Rovers have nearly caught them despite the big gap Waterford had on them earlier in the season.

patsh
09/08/2005, 2:44 PM
I think Harps will go down, unfortunately. I think they are a great club, and Ballybofey is a great away trip.
btw, I do't understand why UCD are in the poll. NO chance that they will be anywhere near going down.

bigmac
09/08/2005, 3:02 PM
Harps I think. Waterford's draw with Cork gives them a bit of confidence back after such a bad run and I think they'll be able to keep clear of Harps from here on in. A lot will hinge on the games between the bottom three, with the Waterford Rovers game being the biggest of those.

drinkfeckarse
09/08/2005, 3:05 PM
Would like Harps to stay up but don't think they will. Waterford will be thereabouts too I'd say.

BrayZil
09/08/2005, 3:05 PM
I think Waterford will get relegated and Harps will be in the play offs.

Speranza
09/08/2005, 3:14 PM
Automatic: Harps :)
Play-off: Rovers

Hopefully Sligo go up and Dublin City lose to Rovers in the play-off

Roo69
09/08/2005, 3:19 PM
Between Harps and Waterford i reckon, Rovers to escape by the skin of there teeth

Maz
09/08/2005, 3:34 PM
I hate to say it but I think it will be Harps to go down too.....Real pity love the trup to Ballybofey!

Anto McC
09/08/2005, 3:35 PM
Where is the Shels option :D

fbtn
09/08/2005, 4:30 PM
Don't worry....we are going anywhere yet!!

joeraki
09/08/2005, 4:33 PM
Where is the Shels option :D

In the Super Nova thread/poll

Dodge
09/08/2005, 4:35 PM
Think I clicked Rovers by mistake but think Finn Harps are doomed with waterford in the play off

Hope its Rovers though :)

Da Real Rover
09/08/2005, 4:50 PM
Harps go down and Waterford in the play-offs, Shams are too good to go down.

Speranza
09/08/2005, 4:55 PM
Just a suggestion but would it be a good idea to open a poll on who people think will be champions?

Sam Savic
09/08/2005, 5:05 PM
Hoops have a changed side at the moment so it's a bit early to judge. If there's a winner at the RSC on Friday next then it will be difficult for the losers.
I think it will come down to the final 2 games with Waterford going down and Harps in the play off.

Roverstillidie
09/08/2005, 5:14 PM
the simple fact is rovers are a mid table team with their deducted points. Waterford have lost 10 from 11 and have a caretaker manager and no chairman. they will finish last and harps to win the playoff comfortably enough.

but if rovers lose down in waterford.... will make it that bit too close for comfort. if they win 7th/8th place is where they will finish i reckon.

thecorner
09/08/2005, 5:21 PM
harps to go down with rovers or waterford in the play off

hope waterford go straight down though

pineapple stu
09/08/2005, 7:41 PM
Rovers, Harps and Waterford are trying their hardest, but I think Waterford are "winning" the battle. Harps have signed a decent defender at last by all accounts (McStay) and Rovers have signed a UCD reserve defender, so whatever about Rovers being a mid-table team, they're only going to get worse from here on in. Will still have enough for Dublin City in a play-off though.

pete
09/08/2005, 9:32 PM
Waterford do not seem to be able to win a game whereas Rovers & Harps are capable of winning the odd game. If Waterford ever make the bottom of the table they don't look like can get back out of it.

superfrank
09/08/2005, 9:41 PM
Finn Harps and Waterford for the playoff. I think ourselves and Rovers (unfortunately) have enough to pull away. I don't think Pats or UCD are in any trouble.

Rebal Boy
09/08/2005, 9:48 PM
I'd say Rovers and Harps to go down. I'd like to see Harps surive, but they will find it very hard. Big weekend coming up for all the teams down there this weekend.

superfrank
09/08/2005, 10:00 PM
I'll say it once.........

Friday 19th August, Bray-v-Harps

sligoman
09/08/2005, 10:33 PM
Automatic: Harps :)
Play-off: Rovers

Hopefully Sligo go up and Dublin City lose to Rovers in the play-offI'm beginning to like Derry fans now;) :D.

SPXcyan
09/08/2005, 11:18 PM
If Shamrock manage to beat us at the RSC this friday then they will survive and we go straight down :eek: HUGE game friday HUGE

holidaysong
09/08/2005, 11:29 PM
Finn Harps to go down and Waterford Utd for the playoff. I think they will lose the playoff too..

SPXcyan
09/08/2005, 11:37 PM
Ya think........if we manage a play off we will get smashed especially if we play away and not home

dortie
10/08/2005, 9:43 AM
I bet Harps would go straight down this year before a ball was kicked. Their team on paper was the weakest. I think Rovers have actually the potential to finish around 8th or 9th.

wws
10/08/2005, 10:04 AM
Harps waterford and sHAMROCKS

the games against each other/suspensions and injuries will decide the order - all of them can beat each other on their day. This will go right down to the last day of the season. If waterford can build on the 1-1 draw with cark......than bohez will be losing their other half of the incestuous relationship at Dalymount

sligoman
10/08/2005, 10:50 AM
As my signature says, Harps and Shams will be going down. That signature has been there since the end of last season so I'm sticking to it. Although now, I'm kind of hoping that Shams play Dublin City in the play-off and Shams win, cos City dont deserve to be in the Premier Division ;) . Also, if Shams stay up then we'll still have one of our rival teams up there:cool:.

superfrank
10/08/2005, 11:15 AM
As my signature says, Harps and Shams will be going down. That signature has been there since the end of last season so I'm sticking to it. Although now, I'm kind of hoping that Shams play Dublin City in the play-off and Shams win, cos City dont deserve to be in the Premier Division ;) . Also, if Shams stay up then we'll still have one of our rival teams up there:cool:.
I like your thinking....

Everyone seems to be forgetting that we were the favourites to go down at the start of the season so if we stay up it's an achievment in itself.

kevincronin2000
10/08/2005, 11:21 AM
What my head thinks.

Finn Harps Relegated
Waterford Play off, but stay up

What my heart thinks

Rovers Relegated
Bray play off, but go down

Dublin 5 Hoop
10/08/2005, 11:23 AM
Rovers, Harps and Waterford are trying their hardest, but I think Waterford are "winning" the battle. Harps have signed a decent defender at last by all accounts (McStay) and Rovers have signed a UCD reserve defender, so whatever about Rovers being a mid-table team, they're only going to get worse from here on in. Will still have enough for Dublin City in a play-off though.

The fact is Rovers have played better in the last 2 weeks than for most of the season to date. McDonnell is looking solid at the back and we have the best keeper in the league, no chance of us going down.

bluemovie
10/08/2005, 11:37 AM
the simple fact is rovers are a mid table team with their deducted points. Waterford have lost 10 from 11 and have a caretaker manager and no chairman. they will finish last and harps to win the playoff comfortably enough.

"The simple fact" is that the players that got ye your points are now playing for Derry, Longford and Drogheda. Both Rovers and Blues have lost a lot of players so it's almost like the relegation battle is starting from scratch between Harps, Blues and Rovers. Our next two home games are against the other two so that will tell a lot.

At the moment it's those three in the battle, but don't rule out a bad run of form for either Bray, UCD or Pats. The bottom three are in the mentality of scrapping for points now, but the clubs above us could panic if the lost three or four in a row (very possible).

superfrank
10/08/2005, 11:42 AM
Our problem is we're too inconsistent. We drew with Shels and Derry but then we lost to Rovers!? :mad:

Poor Student
10/08/2005, 11:46 AM
Our problem is we're too inconsistent. We drew with Shels and Derry but then we lost to Rovers!? :mad:

I know how you feel. UCD do better against high flying teams and awful against opposition you would expect to beat.

Red4Eva
10/08/2005, 12:48 PM
i think waterford are giving the most effort in da battle to get relegated but it's hard to say where which team is going at da moment. waterford could improve under brendan rea. shams beat bray without gavin&mccourt but was that a once off. can mchugh do it by himself? probably have a far better idea of where each of em are going over next 3 games but it looks like waterford automatic&harps playoff(v seery city) to me

pineapple stu
10/08/2005, 12:49 PM
The fact is Rovers have played better in the last 2 weeks than for most of the season to date.
That's true alright. Though can they play that well consistently? And what'll happen if they get a few injuries?

Poor Student
10/08/2005, 12:52 PM
That's true alright. Though can they play that well consistently? And what'll happen if they get a few injuries?

Not to mention suspensions. Aren't they fond of red cards this season?

bigmac
10/08/2005, 1:04 PM
Aren't there a few players suspended for the game against the Blues this weekend? Things like that could end up costing Rovers in the end, but I still think Harps will go down.

hoops1
10/08/2005, 1:05 PM
McDonagh
Molloy
Kenny
All suspended for Friday!

bigmac
10/08/2005, 1:16 PM
McDonagh
Molloy
Kenny
All suspended for Friday!

I'm not going to pretend that I'm disappointed about that, but I'm still very nervous about the game. Huge pressure for both teams. I think this poll should be reset after the weekend.

Roverstillidie
10/08/2005, 4:00 PM
I'm not going to pretend that I'm disappointed about that, but I'm still very nervous about the game. Huge pressure for both teams. I think this poll should be reset after the weekend.

that i agree with.

but i disagree that we have had our squad gutted. we genuinely are a better side with shelly in for gavin, beach in for mccourt etc. confident isnt the word, but i would be extremley surprised if we are near the drop zone in 8 weeks time

bigmac
10/08/2005, 4:38 PM
Yeah, if I was a Rovers fan I wouldn't be too worried. With 20/33 games played you've earned 21 points (and lost 8). About a point a game which would leave you on about 25 or 26 points if you keep up that form. Hard to see Harps catching that total. Hopefully we can get the bit of confidence back and start to pick up the points we need. We've got Rovers home and away and Harps at home. Three massive games, though hopefully we'll be safe enough by the second Rovers game, though it comes immediately after Derry away and Cork at home.

Passive
13/08/2005, 10:03 AM
I always had a feeling that Rovers and Harps would leap-frog over Waterford, but after last night's result at the RSC I'm certain of it. Waterford for Division One.

Sam Savic
13/08/2005, 11:16 AM
I have to agree with you Passive. Rovers only had 3 players from the team of a few weeks ago - Murphy, McDonnell and Rutherford. We were missing so many players and still managed a victory. There's still a long way to go but at least Harps have a goalscorer and he might singlehandedly keep them up.

Gerrit
14/08/2005, 4:02 PM
I hope a Dublin team goes down, and as I like UCD there are two options remaining: Rovers and Pats. I voted for the one I like least of those: Pats.

Though it wouldn't surprise me to see both of them go down. Think Harps will save themselves this time. Don't ask me why, it's pure intuition (and maybe some wishful thinking)

To go up: Sligo and Dublin City