PDA

View Full Version : 4 Live gamesfor TV

Roo69
09/08/2005, 1:13 PM
Four eircom League Premier matches will be televised live over the coming weeks:

St Patricks Athletic v Derry City, Friday 12 August, 7.45pm TG4
Cork City v Shelbourne, Monday 15 August, 7.30pm RTE Two
Derry City v Cork City, Friday 19 August 7.30pm RTE Two
Longford Town v Waterford United, now Friday 2 September 7.45pm TG4

patsh
09/08/2005, 1:22 PM
Longford Town v Waterford United, now Friday 2 September 7.45pm TG4
:eek:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:p

Slash/ED
09/08/2005, 1:23 PM
It is an odd choice though but still.

Poor Student
09/08/2005, 1:36 PM
The anti-Dublin bias continues. :eek:

Iorfa
09/08/2005, 2:08 PM
:eek:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:p

Well, I know we're all disappointed it's not another all-Dublin fest eh :rolleyes: Besides, I seem to remember that last televised Longford-Waterford match being a pretty decent game, with a thriller of a finish.

superfrank
09/08/2005, 2:14 PM
Cos evrybody just loves to see Keego playing...! :rolleyes:

Why are the best matches on when I will be at a Bray match. Derry-Cork or Bray-Harps? There's no choice but I'd still like to see the two top teams in action.

Pity it's not Setanta and they'd showe a replay.

pete
09/08/2005, 2:25 PM
Typical Dublin Bias. They decided to show Longford so can use it as excuse never to return again when see sh!te football!

Slash/ED
09/08/2005, 2:27 PM
Yeah, I think they had to seach high and low for a match to show with less potential than Rovers v Pats but they have found it.

fosterdollar
09/08/2005, 2:30 PM
Don't let the cat out of the bag guys, we can't let people know that the league leaders can't even put away a team playing "sh!te football"

Aberdonian Stu
09/08/2005, 2:31 PM
Now just hold on a minute. You can accuse the other operators of having a Dublin bias but I think TG4 should be commended for spreading it around the country.

And besides unlike the other operators filming in Dublin isn't the 'lazy' option for them as Nemeton produce the sport coverage and all their staff are based in Waterford. I know because a friend of mine started working down there recently, he comes back up at weekends.

Roo69
09/08/2005, 3:21 PM
Some people are just never happy ! personall i can't remember ever if there has been 4 live league matches shown in the space of a month........

BohsFans
09/08/2005, 5:25 PM
I wonder are they going to show Shels - Bohs at Tolka on Aug 19th.
Should be a cracker after what happened last time at Dalyer, although GF will be out, so the football won't be as good.

Slash/ED
09/08/2005, 5:26 PM
They wont as its the same day as Derry v Cork iirc

Red4Eva
10/08/2005, 12:37 PM
i doubt many ppl wud be interested in watchin too many 1st div games but we're playin seery's scum on october 1st in showgrounds&i'd say that'll be a better game than longford v waterford and will certainly attract a bigger attendance

TonyD
10/08/2005, 8:54 PM
Cos evrybody just loves to see Keego playing...! :rolleyes:

Why are the best matches on when I will be at a Bray match. Derry-Cork or Bray-Harps? There's no choice but I'd still like to see the two top teams in action.

Pity it's not Setanta and they'd showe a replay.

Two words Frank, Video Recorder :cool:

Longfordian
10/08/2005, 11:41 PM
Fook me, a bit of spreading the wealth and there's whinging going on. Even Sky show the lesser lights now and again, you don't have to watch it. If they want to show us and Waterford and give us a nice 5k for it who am I to argue? Might be a good game, it might not be too but no harm in seeing different teams benefitting from the TV deal, it is supposed to be for the whole league, though we've had far more attractive games on paper and they've shown no interest.

ThatGuy
10/08/2005, 11:47 PM
i doubt many ppl wud be interested in watchin too many 1st div games but we're playin seery's scum on october 1st in showgrounds&i'd say that'll be a better game than longford v waterford and will certainly attract a bigger attendance
I hope the suggestion of showing a div1 match is a joke?

sligoman
10/08/2005, 11:49 PM
I hope the suggestion of showing a div1 match is a joke?No, I doubt it was a joke and if you find that funny then you have a weird sense of humour ;)

superfrank
11/08/2005, 10:33 AM
Two words Frank, Video Recorder :cool:
That's what I was thinking too but people in my family can't be trusted to leave the thing alone.

Roverstillidie
11/08/2005, 11:00 AM
so does that mean every (prem) team has/will be live on the box at least once?

who hasnt been shown at home and got the 5k?

Red4Eva
11/08/2005, 11:08 AM
I hope the suggestion of showing a div1 match is a joke?

we're far better than waterford. we get bigger attendances than both of em. we haven't lost to any welsh teams lately

Poor Student
11/08/2005, 11:10 AM
who hasnt been shown at home and got the 5k?

By the end of the month UCD, Bray, Waterford, Finn Harps, Drogheda won't have been shown at home. Also I'm not sure if they have broadcast live from Richmond?

bigmac
11/08/2005, 11:16 AM
I thinkthat would be a better idea - to show each team at home at least once - broadcasters could still follow the top teams on their away games when they were playing mid table teams. I thinkthe Waterford Longford game is a strange choice, surely either Longford against a team near them, or the Waterford Rovers game would be a better choice.

Can't complain too much though, at least they're showing some games!

hoops1
11/08/2005, 12:51 PM
Longford v Waterford live god must remember to set the video recorder for that!
Surley Bog Snorkeling,the ploughing championships or womens wrestling from Moldova would get a bigger tv audience and lets be honest more entertaining!

TheOwl
11/08/2005, 12:58 PM
Longford v Waterford live god must remember to set the video recorder for that!
Surley Bog Snorkeling,the ploughing championships or womens wrestling from Moldova would get a bigger tv audience and lets be honest more entertaining!

Who do you fancy for the wrestling in Moldova this year anyway? I think Slatavolisky is going to win it all!

CuanaD
11/08/2005, 1:24 PM
Looks to me as if they are trying to show the games played in the best looking grounds - Brandywell, Flancare, Jodi Stand - they look good on TV; also the atmosphere at Turners cross always comes accross well on TV.

IMO, they are picking the right games to promote the league (to barstoolers) & show that its not a 'Dublin&District' league.

And anyway, its only 2 years ago that we were STILL complaining that we only got 6 live games PER YEAR!!! Now its 4 in a month - prsonally, I love it! :ball: :ball: :ball:

sligoman
11/08/2005, 1:28 PM
we haven't lost to any welsh teams latelyIn fairness now, we haven't played any Welsh teams lately either :D