PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tackle Frank Lampard?

Aldini98
09/08/2005, 9:04 AM
Does anyone in the Premiership ever tackle Frank Lampard. This dawned on me since he is ever present and never seems to pick up any knocks. Well we all know Gerrard kisses his a** during Liverpool Chelsea games even if Lamps breaks poor Alonsos ankle. Surely if you stop Lampard you to an extent stop Chelsea? Is Lampard super quick and hide it well.

Please help.

Metrostars
09/08/2005, 2:20 PM
Lampard is vastly overated, and he also outperformed himself last year. You'll see this year, he will look pretty ordinary after a while.

Dublin12
09/08/2005, 3:33 PM
Ah will ya come on now and get a grip..Im no fan of Chelsea at all but to say Lampard is overrated is nonsense,he was a rising star at West Ham and now Chelsea are reaping the benefits,he's one of the best midfielders in England at present and would walk onto any team in Europe aswell.

Tony Montana
10/08/2005, 12:03 AM
Don't agree.He's far from a complete player and the fact he had one good season in a team that makes him look better than he is doesn't impress me.He doesn't do enough to warrant being called a great player,just as a matter of interest,what teams would he walk into?Milan?Juve?Barca?Don't think so.

Dublin12
10/08/2005, 8:45 AM
Come on fella,give the lad some credit here.He has all the attributes that you look for in a midfield player,he's good defensively and he has a great scoring record too,next time he's on the pitch just have a look at the work rate he puts in.He'd certainly walk into those 3 teams you've mentioned and a whole lot more.

gustavo
10/08/2005, 8:51 AM
well i would have him in the barca team ahead of van bomell anwyay

eirebhoy
10/08/2005, 9:08 AM
Come on fella,give the lad some credit here.He has all the attributes that you look for in a midfield player,he's good defensively...
No he's not.

Since Essien won't be bought, Mourinho is going to give Lampard Tiago's role and Gujohnson Lampard's role of last season. This will mean Lampard will have to do a lot more defending. He won't score or assist half as many goals which gave him the reputation he has. The same with Duff's transformation. He isn't as effective in an attacking sense so now a lot of the Chelsea fans would prefer to have Robben and SWP open up defenses and use Duff in the tougher games.

/edit - it looks like Essien is coming now anyway.

Tony Montana
11/08/2005, 8:41 PM
well i would have him in the barca team ahead of van bomell anwyay

Not a chance.Van Bommell is a much better player,been overlooked by the big clubs in Europe for far too long.This time next year everyone will be raving about him.

Aldini98
12/08/2005, 10:50 AM
PEOPLE PEOPLE, WAIT A MINUTE !!!!!!! The question I asked was why nobody tackles him, not whether he is a good player or is better than Van Bommel. The point I'm trying to make is that nobody seems to touch him........

papa-j
12/08/2005, 11:57 AM
PEOPLE PEOPLE, WAIT A MINUTE !!!!!!! The question I asked was why nobody tackles him, not whether he is a good player or is better than Van Bommel. The point I'm trying to make is that nobody seems to touch him........

In the words of our own eamon Dunphy. Lampard is eh...a good player, eh..not a great player!!

The system Chelsea play means he mostly picks up the ball from either Makelali or the wide player rather than having to scrap or fight for it,thus avoiding a lot of physical exchanges. What he does well is to pick out an early pass & with his good first touch it gives the impression of him being
in acres of space. Teams havn't gotten close enough to him as they are attraced to the player on the ball ie makelali in the deep position or Duff/robben out wide, they then slip the ball to the free Lampard. Chelsea are also partial to the odd early long ball to Drogba etc & Lampard has an eye for finding the yard of space around the box for a shot. He's not untouchable but if you can cut the supply to him or get close enough to give him a few whacks
then he's not as effective. I'm possibly talking rubbish here but thats my view on it ;)