PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona Tickets

Arsene About
09/08/2005, 8:16 AM
Thinking of heading over to barcelona for a weekend in october and was wondering if anybody had experienced buying tickets for a Barca home game? Prob can pick them up off touts if needs be but if so, how much am I likely to have to pay? They are playing Zaragozam and Osusuna in Oct so not as if they are massive games.

BrayZil
09/08/2005, 8:25 AM
I've been a couple of times before and I've just got them outside the ground at the ticket office the day before. Tickets are expensive though, you can expect to pay from around €60 up to €250 depending on where you want to sit. The cheapest being at the very top of the stadium, hanging off the edge.

Danny
09/08/2005, 8:26 AM
went over last year to the Ath Madrid game.
Just went to the stadium on the friday and tickets were still on sale so bought them there.

Countyman
09/08/2005, 8:30 AM
The Barca official site sells match tickets a few weeks in advance.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n04091410.shtml

crc
09/08/2005, 8:46 AM
I got tickets a few years ago (Nov 2003) for a UEFA cup game against a crap Greek team. We got seats right at the top behind one of the goals. They cost approx. €25, so not too expensive, but they were up in the clouds.

We got the tickets from an automatic machine in a bank in Placa de Catalunya. I think the bank was Caixa Bank (There are lots of banks with 'caixa' in their names, but one of them is called 'Caixa Bank'). I'm about 75% sure it was Caixa Bank, but it was definately some bank in Placa de Catalunya. You need a visa card to buy the tickets - I used my Irish one, so you shouldn't have any problems.

It's worth going to a game (even a crap one, in a seat miles from the pitch), but you can also do a tour of the stadium and museum, which is interesting in itself. Just remember to bring a camera to the museum, so you can get a picture taken of you holding the European Cup!

Junior
09/08/2005, 1:11 PM
http://www.soccer-spain.com/

some decent info on this site.

Baker
09/08/2005, 1:42 PM
I went over in June 2003 and got tickets outside the stadium on the evening of the game for about 25 - 30 euro.

We did the whole tour thing aswell the next day which I'd also highly recommend. The guide we had spent the whole time taking the p1ss out of Real Madrid but really knew his stuff and had a good story for most parts of the ground.

A mate of mine was over there a few months ago and met Henrik Larsson outside the ground while waiting for the tour.

Dodge
09/08/2005, 4:41 PM
Been twice (and going again in September) Tickets for all games bar Real will be on sale at the ground up until the day before (some games they'll be on sale that night) Cheapest seats are €36 quid for the free seating on tiers 3/4. You'll pay more the closer you get to the action. We've always gone for the cheapest option as the view is still great and it igves you a sense of massive the ground is.

The Nou Camp tour is also highly recommended

jimbob117
09/08/2005, 6:13 PM
yeah it shouldnt be a problem Arsene About . I was over last yr and did the tour, and they had a game that night(it was a midnight kick off as it was put back due to the international rules meaning that any players playing a game for their country that w/e couldnt play the next day) and there were tickets available. unfortunatly as it was @ midnight and i was up for a flight at 5 the next morning i couldnt go:(

cullenswood
10/08/2005, 8:01 AM
I'm going to over on a holier the week after next, and am fitting in Barca v Juve which will be nice. Tickets on sale on the FCBarcelona website, cheapest going for €25. Cheapest on the unofficial sites is €60!!

anto eile
10/08/2005, 12:26 PM
yeah it shouldnt be a problem Arsene About . I was over last yr and did the tour, and they had a game that night(it was a midnight kick off as it was put back due to the international rules meaning that any players playing a game for their country that w/e couldnt play the next day) and there were tickets available. unfortunatly as it was @ midnight and i was up for a flight at 5 the next morning i couldnt go:(
that was against sevilla. i was on my way to that game on an overnight train from paris to barcelona, but only found out they had changed the ko time after id booked flights to paris. so i was on the train to barcelona as the game was being played. barcelona won 3-0 in front off 80,000-not bad for a midnight KO game

tickets are easy to come by for a barcelona game, even real madrid didnt actually sell out last year

anto eile
10/08/2005, 12:28 PM
I'm going to over on a holier the week after next, and am fitting in Barca v Juve which will be nice. Tickets on sale on the FCBarcelona website, cheapest going for €25. Cheapest on the unofficial sites is €60!!

thats the joan gamper cup (named after barcelonas founder). crowds have steadily risen over the years for it. the first one a few years back only got 35000, but about 85000 attended last years gamper cup

seen the barcelona derby between barcelona and espanyol in 1999.great to go to barcelona any time.the derby was very tame by most standards.only about 300 espanyol fans were there.and it was far from sold out, attendance was about 85000

Ash
10/08/2005, 1:04 PM
Mate of mine was heading over and rang the Barca ticket office about tickets.
Was told that unless its a big game (Real Madrid etc) tickets can be bought
from the office at the stadium during the week