PDA

View Full Version : Le Championnat

superfrank
08/08/2005, 7:40 PM
I think Lyon will win again. They got Pedretti from Marseille and Carew from Besiktas. I remember Carew from his Rosenborg and Valencia days. Pedretti was Marseille's best player last season and they are even more of a shambles this season then they were last.

They just showed Lens Marseille on Setanta and Lens look good. They've got a fair few new signings.

Anybody else watch it?

jorge
08/08/2005, 7:56 PM
I missed it.
Marseilles have made a few changes.They brought in Andres Mendoza (Peruvian :) )and a few others.AFAIK their manager is new too.

They may be doing crap in the league but they beat Lazio 3-0 and 'el Condor' scored. :)

Kingdom
09/08/2005, 12:26 AM
I think Lyon will win again. They got Pedretti from Marseille and Carew from Besiktas. I remember Carew from his Rosenborg and Valencia days. Pedretti was Marseille's best player last season and they are even more of a shambles this season then they were last.

They just showed Lens Marseille on Setanta and Lens look good. They've got a fair few new signings.

Anybody else watch it?

Yeah Lyon will be the team to beat agin this year. They've always been fairly decent in the recent history .

I heard about Carew signing which is a massive signing, and with Pedretti they have signed the best French player still left in France. I think they could do well in the Champions Lge this year. Which makes it all the more surprising that Essien is so adamant to leave,

ciaran76
09/08/2005, 11:53 AM
I think Lyon will be Champs again but have a feeling that Lens and maybe even PSG (I KNOW CRAZY ;) ) might be up there this year.

superfrank
09/08/2005, 1:49 PM
I missed it.
Marseilles have made a few changes.They brought in Andres Mendoza (Peruvian :) )and a few others.AFAIK their manager is new too.

They may be doing crap in the league but they beat Lazio 3-0 and 'el Condor' scored. :)
They sacked Troussier after the team bottled it last season. I think they were third with a few games to go and they finished outsidea European place. So far they've lost both league games this season.

They need to replace Barthez. I think he's suspended til the new year and his replacement, Carraso, is crap.

I think Lens will be a suprise this season. St. Etienne too.

Dublin12
09/08/2005, 3:53 PM
Allez Marseille!! :)

superfrank
28/10/2005, 3:39 PM
Haven't been here for a while....

Saw the highlights of Marseille-St Etienne last night. Great match. Le Vert won 2-1.

Also, did anyone see KimKjallstrom's goal for Renne against Lyon a few weeks back?? It was a classic.

gustavo
28/10/2005, 3:53 PM
Lyon are a better team than they were last year , sure they may have lost Essien but they now have Tiago , Pedretti and Fred i would expect them to get to the semi finals of the CL this season.

CollegeTillIDie
28/10/2005, 4:06 PM
Ligue 1 is gross underrated, some quality ball there.

The Stars
28/10/2005, 4:09 PM
Pedretti is gone to Lyon?How much did Marseille get for him?

superfrank
11/12/2005, 12:55 PM
St. Etienne Lyon tonight. Should be good. Etienne haven't been doing that well lately but they'll be up for it at home in a derby against the champions.

I think 1-2.

superfrank
21/12/2005, 9:32 PM
Lyon's unbeaten record was ended by Lille last week. 3-1 they lost at the Stade Gerland. They shouldn't hev lost. Had a perfectly valid penalty turned down and also had a goal ruled out.

Giuly
22/12/2005, 12:24 AM
Lyon's unbeaten record was ended by Lille last week. 3-1 they lost at the Stade Gerland. They shouldn't hev lost. Had a perfectly valid penalty turned down and also had a goal ruled out.

:eek: :eek:
Sorry but this is wrong. The penalty was in fact Carew diving on the keeper, but the goal should have been accorded i agree. I've watched the match and there was a penalty for Lille too that was valid. Everyone after the match,even gerard houiller said lille definitly deserved the win. That was a great match.

And i not only say it because i'm a Lille supporter :D

superfrank
05/03/2006, 3:58 PM
:eek: :eek:
Sorry but this is wrong. The penalty was in fact Carew diving on the keeper, but the goal should have been accorded i agree. I've watched the match and there was a penalty for Lille too that was valid. Everyone after the match,even gerard houiller said lille definitly deserved the win. That was a great match.

And i not only say it because i'm a Lille supporter :D
Just got back to this now. I didn't see that match live, I only saw the highlights. That's the second year in a row Lille have ended Lyon's unbeaten streak, I think that might give a psychological advantage to Lille.

I've missed the highlights show lately but I caught some of it last week. Marseille beat Nice in the South coast derby. Does anybody know what's up with Fernandes??

londonirish17
07/03/2006, 6:43 AM
Don't know if you've heard about the whole mess (lack of security for away fans and players,...) around the PSG vs OM game of last sunday...
OM finally send their complete reserves team up to Paris and they got a point ! What is more surprising to that is that some of these guys already played a game on saturday night for the CFA2 !
Have to say though that the PSG case seems to be quite unique across Europe...Besides having problems with opposition support they also have two large clans among their own fan base, the "Boulogne Boys" and "Auteuil" . One of these groups is composed of white french christians only and the other group is a racial mix of arabs, africans,... Every saturday they manage to get involved in some fights, be it inside the parc des princes or on the outskirts of Paris.
The mayor of Paris and the president of PSG claim that they are helpless and do not know how to tackle this. Seems quite strange to me though. What do you think of it ?