PDA

View Full Version : E-bay/Paypal

shedite
08/08/2005, 7:20 PM
Anyone else getting some weird e-mails from e-bay and paypal lately? I use both a lot and have recently got a lot of messages asking me to click the link and re-enter my login details to verify my account.

Now I'm fairly wise about internet security and rule number one for me is never to trust a link in an e-mail, so when I get one from e-bay, I go to my e-bay account (via a new window), and go to the my messages section of my account and there's no sign of the message.

Is this happening to anyone else lately?

John83
08/08/2005, 7:23 PM
Anyone else getting some weird e-mails from e-bay and paypal lately? I use both a lot and have recently got a lot of messages asking me to click the link and re-enter my login details to verify my account.

Now I'm fairly wise about internet security and rule number one for me is never to trust a link in an e-mail, so when I get one from e-bay, I go to my e-bay account (via a new window), and go to the my messages section of my account and there's no sign of the message.

Is this happening to anyone else lately?
Yeah, I've gotten them. I don't have an eBay or Paypal account. They're "phishing" (or something like that) for your account details. Ignore them, or report them to your email provider.

hamish
08/08/2005, 10:22 PM
Glad you brought that up Shedite.think I got a dodgy looking one a while back but deleted it.
There are ones too from sites offering to check your system for adware etc.

finn
10/08/2005, 6:25 PM
a new feature which ebay have added is the "your messages" which basically means they duplicate anything they send you bar auction specific stuff so that you know whats real and whats not. Personally I block everything with ebay and paypal in the email and just use the online panels to manage both accounts

P