PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Predictions

joey B
02/02/2023, 2:01 PM
Alot of work to do for some teams but worth having a shot at this already!

Premier Division:
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Pats
4.Dundalk
5.Bohs
6.Sligo
7.Shels
8.Cork City
9.Drogheda
10.UCD

First Division:
1.Galway
2.Waterford
3.Wexford
4.Bray
5.Treaty
6.Harps
7.Longford
8.Cobh
9.Athlone
10.Kerry FC

Top scorer:Pat Hoban
FAI Cup: Dundalk
First manager gone: Kevin Doherty?!

Find it very difficult to separate the top 2 in both divisions but feels like there is a definitive expectation of who the top 2 will be in both divisions.

Feels like Drogheda and UCD will be fighting it out at the bottom aswell but who knows how Cork will get on in their return.

In the First I think Galway will finally crack promotion,say what you want about Ollie Horgan but he knows how to get out of that division,Waterford seemed to have lost some quality but may well have replaced it with similar and could of course win the league too….

Wexford have signed well and look the 3rd best team to me,don’t expect us to challenge at all and wouldn’t be surprised to see us finish behind Treaty,Longford and Bray ,squads aren’t finished yet so we’ll see how it shakes out….

culloty82
02/02/2023, 2:18 PM
Wouldn't disagree with any of your Premier placings, will go for Gaffney as top scorer, and Derry to retain the Cup. As for the First, similar, but Waterford above Galway, Harps before Treaty, and in a wild burst of optimism, Kerry to finish ahead of Athlone.

Jd2793
02/02/2023, 2:38 PM
Shamrock Rovers
Derry
Pats

-- Big gap back to the rest imo ---

Dundalk
Shels
Bohs
Sligo
Cork
Drogs
UCD

Dundalk havent really strengthened enough for me, cant see them challenging pats for 3rd. 4-7 is anyones guess. personally dont rate devine as a manager, dont think bohs will be great. sligo have weakened a lot though so it'll give a real chance to bohs/shels to push up the positions. City should be aiming for 6/7th but i think we still lack too much quality up front. Cant see past ucd going down, though i said the same last year.

Loifan_76
02/02/2023, 3:12 PM
Good thread. My guesses below. I added the women's league as it'll be interesting this year with Rovers making a return. My UCD prediction is based on massive optimism and shouldn't be trusted!

Premier Division:
1.Derry
2.Shamrock rovers
3.Pats
4.Dundalk
5.Sligo
6.Shels
7.Bohs
8.Cork City
9.UCD
10.Drogs

Womens premier division:
1. Wexford
2. Shamrock Rovers
3. Athlone
4. Shels
5. DLR
6. Peamount
7. Bohs
8. Cork
9. Galway
10. Sligo
11. Treaty

First Division:
1.Galway
2.Waterford
3.Wexford
4.Treaty
5.Harps
6.Longford
7.Bray
8.Cobh
9.Kerry
10.Athlone

Neish
02/02/2023, 3:30 PM
Premier Division
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Pats
4.Dundalk
(probably a big point margin from here down)
5.Sligo
6.Bohs
7.Shels
8.Cork City
9.Drogheda
10.UCD

First Division
1.Waterford
2.Galway
(Think they above 2 will be significantly stronger than the next 8)
3.Treaty
4.Bray
5.Harps
6.Wexford
7.Longford
8.Cobh
9.Athlone
10.Kerry FC

RealJohn91
02/02/2023, 4:31 PM
Premier Division
1.Derry
2.Shamrock Rovers
3.Pats
4.Dundalk
5.Bohs
6.Sligo
7.Cork
8.Shels
9.Drogheda
10.UCD

ger121
02/02/2023, 5:19 PM
PD
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry
3.Pats
4.Dundalk
5.Bohs
6.Sligo
7.Shels
8.Cork
9.Drogheda
10.UCD

FD
1.Waterford
2.Galway
3.Harps
4.Treaty
5.Longford
6.Bray
7.Wexford
8.Cobh
9.Kerry
10.Athlone

placid casual
02/02/2023, 6:17 PM
Premier Division:
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Dundalk
4.Boez
5.Pats
6.Cork
7.Drogs
8.Sligo
9.Shels
10.UCD

First Division:
1.Harps
2.Waterford
3.Galway
4.Bray
5.Treaty
6 Wexford
7.Longford
8.Cobh
9.Athlone
10.Kerry FC

Top scorer:Johnny Kenny
FAI Cup:Bohs
First manager gone: Russell, quickly followed by Caulfield in 1st division

DCWA
02/02/2023, 6:25 PM
Shamrock Rovers
Derry
Pats
Dundalk
Sligo
Shels
Bohs
Cork
Drogheda
UCD

No idea about 1st div tbh
FAI Cup… mmm… Derry have never retained the cup so why not now…
Top Scorer… Just about Kenny can’t see there being anyone particularly prolific.
First manager gone…. Devine

ontheotherhand
02/02/2023, 8:15 PM
I was almost there last season but had Pats finishing ahead of Dundalk. I fancy them to do a bit better this season based on their signings but wouldn't write Dundalk off pipping them for third again either. This years seems trickier as I don't know much about Cork and I'm not sure anyone outside of Derry, us and Pats have really improved with new signings.

1. Shamrock Rovers
2. Derry
3. Pats
4. Dundalk
5. Shels
6. Sligo
7. Bohs
8. Drogs
9. Cork
10. UCD

Drogs might pip Bohs for 7th. Doherty has them very hard to beat (for us anyway!) and Bohs don't seem to have a full squad yet. Buckley should help them be a bit harder to beat but I'm not sure Williams is going to score enough goals. He scored most of his against them....

Sligo losing Keena is massive but they brought back Mahon which should mean they need less goals. If they add a striker they should be fine.

Derry having Duffy all season should make things a lot closer at the top. O'Reilly will help too and Connolly will have them very hard to beat. Home form critical.

I think we've strengthened overall but look a bit weak at wingback. Should have enough for the league and hopefully cup but not sure I can see us doing any better in Europe.

Cup - Shamrock Rovers, should have won it last year if not for having Derry away right after Gent away. Ifs and buts etc.

Top scorer - McGonigle - having Duffy around all season should help there

First manager sacked - nobody oddly enough. Devine maybe but I'd say Bohs will give him some time.

No idea on 1st division but would like to see Ollie get back up.

sbgawa
02/02/2023, 8:27 PM
Premier Division:
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Dundalk
4.Pats
5.Sligo
6.Drogs
7.Bohs
8.Cork
9.Shels
10.UCD

First Division:
1.Waterford
2.Galway
3.Harps
4.Bray
5.Treaty
6 Wexford
7.Longford
8.Kerry
9.Athlone
10.Cobh

Top scorer:McGonigle
FAI Cup:Shamrock Rovers
First manager gone: Bradley

total hoofball
02/02/2023, 9:18 PM
Premier Division:

1. Derry City
2. Shamrock Rovers
3. St. Patrick's Athletic
4. Dundalk
5. Bohemians
6. Sligo Rovers
7. Cork City
8. Shelbourne
9. Drogheda United
10. UCD

First Division:

1. Galway United
2. Waterford
3. Bray Wanderers
4. Treaty United
5. Wexford
6. Longford Town
7. Finn Harps
8. Cobh Ramblers
9. Athlone Town
10. Kerry

kksaints
02/02/2023, 9:36 PM
Premier Division
1 Shamrock Rovers
2 Derry City
3 St Pats
4 Dundalk
5 Bohs
6 Sligo
7 Shels
8 Cork
9 Drogs
10 UCD

Between 3rd and 8th will be very tight but there will be a decent gap between Cork and Drogs. Think we're slightly better than the others in the battle for Europe but there are a lot of unknowns with Dundalk and Cork that make them tricky to predict. Bohs have made some useful signings in attack but that defense doesn't appear strong and is lacking in depth. Keena leaving Sligo is a huge blow and they don't look like they have much in attack. Shels look average but they should be well clear of relegation. Can't see anyway really challenging the top two and I think Rovers have enough with Kenny a big signing. I don't fancy Derry's chances of keeping Duffy and McElenely fit for the full season and they're much less of threat without them.

First Division

1 Waterford
2 Galway
3 Harps
4 Bray
5 Wexford
6 Longford
7 Treaty
8 Athlone
9 Kerry
10 Cobh

Waterford and Galway should be much stronger than the other teams in the division. Think Bray and Wexford have made enough good signings to get to the playoffs. Think Treaty's run of reaching the playoffs will end. Intrigued by Kerry's entry to the league, they should get some wins and could be better than Cobh who I think could really struggle.

Top Scorer-Kenny
FAI Cup- St Pats
First Manager Gone- Henderson
WNL Winner- Shels ( I don't know enough to go through the league team by team but I'm not sure if Shams buying tactics will work this season at least. I'd have gone for Wexford but Ellen Molloy won't be back until the 2nd half of the season and she's a huge loss for them.)

Knocklyonhoop
02/02/2023, 10:33 PM
remier Division:
1. Derry
2. Rovers
3. Pats
4. Bohs
5. Dundalk
6. Shels
7. Sligo
8. Cork
9. Drogs
10. UCD

First Division:
1. Waterford
2. Galway
3. Bray
4. Harps
5. Longford
6. Wexford
7. Treaty
8. Cobh
9. Kerr6
10. Athlone

Nowhere near enough to even guess on the Women’s league!

Top scorer:Pat Hoban (if fit. I’ll go with McGonigle if Hoban plays less than 15)
FAI Cup: Pats
First manager gone: Russell
best Euro team: Rovers

DCSIL
03/02/2023, 6:37 AM
1 Shamrock Rovers
2 Derry City
3 St Pats
4 Dundalk
5 Cork
6 Sligo
7 Shels
8 Bohs
9 Drogs
10 UCD

Shamrock Rovers to win it with a couple of games to spare. Derry aren't ready yet, Pats have kept most of their side. i always go for a promoted club having a bounce so Cork in Fifth.

1. Waterford
2. Galway
3. Harps
4. Longford
5. Bray
6. Wexford
7. Treaty
8. Cobh
9. Kerry
10. Athlone

Waterford and Galway top two, Harps play offs, and the rest is stick a pin in wherever.

Top Scorer - Mcgonigle
FAI Cup - Derry
First Manager gone - Ian Ryan when Devlin starts taking over

Calcio Jack
03/02/2023, 9:08 AM
1 Shamrock Rovers ( by 8/10 points)
2. St Pats
3.Derry
4.Dundalk
5.Cork
6.Bohs
7 Drogheda
8.Sligo
9. Shels
10. UCD

Top scorer Graham Burke
FAI cup Shamrock Rovers
First manager gone Duff
Biggest crowd : 9,000 in Tallaght

The Bowler
04/02/2023, 9:23 AM
Premier Division:
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Pats
4.Shels
5.Dundalk
6.Bohs
7.Cork
8.Sligo
9.Drogs
10.UCD

First Division:
1.Galway
2.Waterford
3.Wexford
4.Longford
5.Treaty
6. Cobh
7. Bray
8.Harps
9.Athlone
10.Kerry FC

Top Golscorer: McGonigle
FaI Cup: Cork
First Manager Gone: Ian Ryan (after he realises Devo still in charge ?)

sidewayspasser
04/02/2023, 9:24 AM
Premier Division
1. Shamrock Rovers
2. Derry
3. St Pats
4. Dundalk
5. Bohs
6. Sligo
7. Shels
8. Cork City
9. Drogheda
10 UCD

First Division
1. Waterford
2. Galway
3. Bray
4. Wexford
5. Harps
6. Treaty
7. Longford
8. Cobh
9. Kerry
10. Athlone

Top scorer: McGonigle
Cup: Derry
First manager gone: Doherty

thebronze14
08/02/2023, 2:03 PM
Premier Division:
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Pats
4.Dundalk
5.Shels
6.Sligo
7.Bohs
8.Drogs
9.Cork
10.UCD

First Division:
1.Waterford
2.Galway
3.Wexford
4.Treaty
5.Bray
6.Harps
7.Longford
8.Cobh
9.Athlone
10.Kerry FC

First manager gone: Caulfield.

Gonna be a slog for Harps I'd say. Happy if we're fighting for playoffs. Waterford and Galway should be off into the distance. Bray have recruited well. Maybe not much strength in depth and I feel the manager could be overrated. A vast improvement on what they had though. Wexford have made some great signings and should do well. Connolly a massive signing for Treaty. They have a recognised goalscorer which is a massive deal in this division. Longford have lost a good few I think. I don't know too much about Cobh or Athlone tbh. Think Kerry will be competitive but be near the foot of the table.

nigel-harps1954
08/02/2023, 2:37 PM
Premier Division:
1. Shamrock Rovers
2. Derry City
3. St Pat's
4. Dundalk
5. Sligo Rovers
6. Bohemians
7. Cork City
8. Shelbourne
9. Drogheda Utd
10. UCD

First Division:
1. Waterford
2. Galway Utd
3. Bray Wanderers
4. Finn Harps
5. Wexford
6. Treaty Utd
7. Longford Town
8. Cobh Ramblers
9. Kerry
10. Athlone Town

Top scorer Premier: Rory Gaffney
Top scorer First: Rob Manley
FAI Cup: Shamrock Rovers
First manager gone: Caulfield

legendz
08/02/2023, 3:45 PM
Premier Division:
1. Shamrock Rovers
2. Derry City
3. Dundalk
4. St Pat's
5. Sligo Rovers
6. Bohemians
7. Cork City
8. Shelbourne
9. Drogheda Utd
10. UCD

First Division:
1. Waterford
2. Galway Utd
3. Finn Harps
4. Bray Wanderers
5. Treaty Utd
6. Longford Town
7. Wexford
8. Cobh Ramblers
9. Kerry
10. Athlone Town

dansultheman
08/02/2023, 11:06 PM
Premier Division:
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Pats
4.Dundalk
5.Bohs
6.Sligo
7.Shels
8.Cork City
9.Drogheda
10.UCD

First Division:
1.Galway
2.Waterford
3.Wexford
4.Bray
5.Harps
6.Treaty
7.Kerry
8.Cobh
9.Longford
10.Athlone

oriel
09/02/2023, 8:31 PM
Premier Division:

1.Derry City
2.Shamrock Rovers
3.Dundalk
4.Pats
5.Sligo
6.Bohs
7.Shels
8.Cork City
9.UCD
10.Drogs

First Division:

1.Galway
2.Waterford
3.Harps
4.Cobh
5.Wexford
6.Longford
7.Treaty
8.Bray
9.Athlone
10.Kerry FC

Top Goalscorer: Hoban - but only if he remains injury free.
FAI Cup: Rovers
First Manager Gone: Damien Duff

Never thought we would finish 3rd last season but even though losing to Pats late season (only home defeat) and with the 'free' 3 points via Sligo, we still finished 4 ahead of them, just not so sure we will retain 3rd this time out, but core of last years squad if they keep fit still there, good chance.

Derry have a good chance to win it in the second year of their project, absolute 50/50 neck and neck in my view with Rovers for the title.

Drogs last is not a swipe, just think UCD have mastered the art of staying up, but it will be tight.

FD - Won't surprise me if Waterford pip Galway, but just think one last chance saloon for JC to win it.

thebronze14
10/02/2023, 10:42 AM
I'm surprised at the optimism around with Harps. We have retained one player and the majority of the rest are unknown!

eitoof
10/02/2023, 11:48 AM
Premier Division:
1. Shamrock Rovers
2. Derry City
3. Dundalk
4. St Pats
5. Bohs
6. Sligo
7. Cork
8. Shelbourne
9. UCD
10. Drogheda

First Division:
1. Waterford
2. Galway
3. Bray
4. Treaty
5. Wexford
6. Finn Harps
7. Longford
8. Athlone
9. Cobh
10. Kerry

oriel
12/02/2023, 4:06 PM
For the PD, I think this might be a fair summary of fans hopes for the season ahead, most if not all is fairly obvious, but there will be a few surprises thats for sure, it won't go as smooth as this.

Rovers and Derry - expectation to win the league, nothing less.

Dundalk and Pats - to re-qualify for europe, in our case I would take 'by any method' as a good season as the re-build continues.

Sligo and possibly Bohs - hoping for a slip up by others so they can sneak the 4th spot if one of the top 3 win the cup.

Shels - consolidation and to dust themselves down after the terrible cup final performance.

Cork City - do whatever it takes to stay in the PD and keep as far away from relegation as possible, I think they should be ok, good manager.

Drogs and UCD - straight shootout in my view to avoid the drop, one hoping the other slips well away points wise.

Jack B
14/02/2023, 8:58 AM
1. Derry
2. Rovers
3. Pats
4. Dundalk
5. Bohs
6. Shels
7. Sligo
8. Cork
9. Drogs
10. UCD

Top scorer: McGonigle (wanted to day Lonergan as I think he'll take off this season but might have to bide his time before he gets regular starts)
FAI Cup: Rovers
First manager gone: Meyler? I think most of them will be safe to be honest.

Find it a tough one to call this season. I like a lot of what Bohs have done and kind of wanted to put them in top 4 but it's hard to look past the lack of defenders/know how good the new ones are. Not massively convinced by either Pats or Dundalk but I think our new signings are more proven for the most part so gave us the edge in that sense. At the same time I wouldn't be stunned to see either looking in danger of finishing 5th. Not much at all between Sligo/Shels/Cork on paper for me, some with stronger individuals but possibly not as well rounded a squad as others.

1. Waterford
2. Galway
3. Wexford
4. Treaty
5. Harps
6. Bray
7. Longford
8. Cobh
9. Kerry
10. Athlone

ForzaForth
15/02/2023, 1:49 PM
Division 1

Think Wexford can finish fourth. Bit worried about Bray who might get the better of us. First two clubs should be substantially better than the rest. If Jordan Adeyemo goes berserk in terms of goal-scoring, we might finish higher.

1. Waterford
2. Galway
3. Bray
4. Wexford
5. Treaty
6. Harps
7. Cobh
8. Longford
9. Athlone
10. Kerry

WNL

A big five here with very little to separate them. We might sneak it if Rianna Jarrett and Lauren Dwyer stay fit and Stephen Quinn can get Emily Corbet, Abbie Brophy and Rianna to combine as an effective attacking unit. Return of Ellen Molloy, when she gets back from injury, will be a massive boost. Reports that Della Doherty will miss most or all of the season unfortunately.

1. Wexford
2. Shamrock Rovers
3. Shelbourne
4. Peamount
5. Athlone
6. DLR Waves
7. Cork
8. Bohemians
9. Galway
10. Sligo
11. Treaty

Premier

1. Shamrock Rovers
2. Derry
3. St. Patricks
4. Dundalk
5. Bohemians
6. Sligo
7. Shelbourne
8. Cork
9. Drogheda
10. UCD

2 Year Contract
15/02/2023, 2:07 PM
Premier Division:
1. Shams
2. Derry
3. Pats
4. Dundalk
5. Bohs
6. shels
7. Sligo
8. Cork
9. Drogheda
10. UCD

First Division:
1. Waterford
2. Galway
3. Bray
4. Wexford
5. Longford
6. Finn Harps
7. Treaty
8. Cobh
9. Kerry
10. Athlone

Jd2793
15/02/2023, 3:55 PM
FD

Waterford
Galway
Bray
Wexford
Cobh
Treaty
Harps
Longford
Athlone
Kerry

Top 2 should be a good deal better than the rest. Adeyamo could be the difference between bray and wexford, but sticking with bray for now. I think cobh have got a lot better under keegan and should improve with signings. Harps and Longford have signed mostly u21 players, harps look a bit more all over the though, still playing a lot of trialists up to last weekend. Athlone have some mad signings from central america but god only knows with them.

FTA-1895
16/02/2023, 7:12 PM
Premier

Rovers
Derry
Pats
Dundalk
Bohs
Sligo
Cork
Shels
UCD
Drogs

First

Waterford
Galway
Bray
Longford
Wexford
Harps
Treaty
Cobh
Kerry
Athlone

WNL
Rovers
Wexford
Athlone
Shels
Peamount
Bohs
Galway
Cork
DLR
Sligo
Treaty

Duffer obviously gone by Easter. Caulfield to follow soon after.

Drogs to be first to miss players wages after the minimum wage implementation.

Shinkicker
17/02/2023, 6:04 AM
Not predicting anything, but it has been great to see so many clubs invest in players, some in facilities, some investing in both, a new club in the league, so many clubs reporting highest ever season tickets and most sold out on the opening night it's looking good for the LOI. Good luck to everyone for the season ahead.

passinginterest
17/02/2023, 9:50 AM
1. Rovers
2. Derry
3. Pats
4. Dundalk
5. Bohs
6. Sligo
7. Drogheda
8. Cork
9. Shelbourne
10. UCD
Top scorer: Mulraney, I know he’s not a striker but he’s got plenty of quality and could really hurt the poor teams.
First manager gone: Duff. I was surprise he made it through last season. I think the lack of resources and the fact they’ll struggle again will start getting to him.

I’ve gone for Rovers but I do think they might find it hard to keep the motivation going. Mannus is going to have a dip at some point and they haven’t got reliable backup. Might be a bit stronger in midfield and up front if Kenny and Poom work out but no guarantees there. Derry look like they’ve build sensibly and if key players stay fit it would be no surprise to see them win it. Pats won’t be a million miles away but lack of depth will probably cost them.

1. Waterford
2. Wexford
3. Bray
4. Galway
5. Harps
6. Treaty
7. Longford
8. Kerry
9. Cobh
10. Athlone
Haven’t a clue with first division but have to think Waterford will do it this time. Wexford look like they’ve put together a solid squad. Bray could be a surprise or could turn out to be a shambles again. Galway just keep trying the same thing over and over and it’s so stale it’s going to cost them. The rest could go any way, expect 5-7 to be tight and 8-10 too.

Blueprint
17/02/2023, 11:06 AM
Premier Division:
1. Derry City
2. Shamrock Rovers
3. St Pats
4. Dundalk
5. Bohs
6. Sligo
7. Cork
8. Shelbourne
9. Drogheda
10. UCD

First Division:
1. Waterford
2. Galway
3. Longford
4. Treaty
5. Finn Harps
6. Wexford
7. Bray
8. Cobh
9. Athlone
10. Kerry

Briuk
24/02/2023, 4:27 PM
Premier Division:
1. Derry City
2. Shamrock Rovers
3. St Pats
4. Bohs
5. Dundalk
6. Sligo
7. Shelbourne
8. Cork
9. Drogheda
10. UCD

First Division:
1. Waterford
2. Galway
3. Bray
4. Wexford
5. Athlone
6. Finn Harps
7. Cobh
8. Longford
9. Treaty
10. Kerry

Scorers: Hoban(not the best start) and Aouachria
Gone. Doherty and Henderson
FAI Derry
Promotion (premier team to relegate)

dansultheman
09/03/2023, 11:40 PM
Premier Division

Friday 10th (All 19:45)

Derry 2-1 Dundalk
Shelbourne 2-2 Shamrock Rovers
St Pats 2-1 Bohemians
UCD 1-2 Drogheda

Saturday 11th
Sligo 2-1 Cork 19:45

First Division

Friday 10th (19:45 unless stated)

Treaty 0-1 Cobh
Galway 2-0 Kerry
Bray 3-1 Longford
Athlone 0-2 Waterford
Finn Harps 1-1 Wexford (20:00)

passinginterest
31/10/2023, 6:55 AM
1. Rovers
2. Derry
3. Pats
4. Dundalk
5. Bohs
6. Sligo
7. Drogheda
8. Cork
9. Shelbourne
10. UCD
Top scorer: Mulraney, I know he’s not a striker but he’s got plenty of quality and could really hurt the poor teams.
First manager gone: Duff. I was surprise he made it through last season. I think the lack of resources and the fact they’ll struggle again will start getting to him.

I’ve gone for Rovers but I do think they might find it hard to keep the motivation going. Mannus is going to have a dip at some point and they haven’t got reliable backup. Might be a bit stronger in midfield and up front if Kenny and Poom work out but no guarantees there. Derry look like they’ve build sensibly and if key players stay fit it would be no surprise to see them win it. Pats won’t be a million miles away but lack of depth will probably cost them.

1. Waterford
2. Wexford
3. Bray
4. Galway
5. Harps
6. Treaty
7. Longford
8. Kerry
9. Cobh
10. Athlone
Haven’t a clue with first division but have to think Waterford will do it this time. Wexford look like they’ve put together a solid squad. Bray could be a surprise or could turn out to be a shambles again. Galway just keep trying the same thing over and over and it’s so stale it’s going to cost them. The rest could go any way, expect 5-7 to be tight and 8-10 too.

Not a great performance on the old annual review. Massively underestimating Duff and Shelbourne in the premier and Galway and Cobh in the first. Could still get the cup winners!

Calcio Jack
31/10/2023, 11:30 AM
1 Shamrock Rovers ( by 8/10 points)
2. St Pats
3.Derry
4.Dundalk
5.Cork
6.Bohs
7 Drogheda
8.Sligo
9. Shels
10. UCD

Top scorer Graham Burke
FAI cup Shamrock Rovers
First manager gone Duff
Biggest crowd : 9,000 in Tallaght

Happy enough with the above ( aside from Duff)

sbgawa
31/10/2023, 1:57 PM
Premier Division:
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Dundalk
4.Pats
5.Sligo
6.Drogs
7.Bohs
8.Cork
9.Shels
10.UCD

First Division:
1.Waterford
2.Galway
3.Harps
4.Bray
5.Treaty
6 Wexford
7.Longford
8.Kerry
9.Athlone
10.Cobh

Top scorer:McGonigle
FAI Cup:Shamrock Rovers
First manager gone: Bradley

Potentially only 1 club out of 20 in the correct position (thanks UCD) scorer wrong, Cup wrong and Bradser stuck with us instead of heading off.
As my teachers used to say......"must try harder"

pineapple stu
31/10/2023, 2:11 PM
You predicted Rovers right as well, no?

sbgawa
31/10/2023, 3:16 PM
You predicted Rovers right as well, no?

Whoops.....2 out of 20 im 100% better than io thought.
If Derry beat PAts on the last day that could improve to 3 :)

thebronze14
31/10/2023, 7:36 PM
Premier Division:
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Pats
4.Dundalk
5.Shels
6.Sligo
7.Bohs
8.Drogs
9.Cork
10.UCD

First Division:
1.Waterford
2.Galway
3.Wexford
4.Treaty
5.Bray
6.Harps
7.Longford
8.Cobh
9.Athlone
10.Kerry FC

First manager gone: Caulfield.

Gonna be a slog for Harps I'd say. Happy if we're fighting for playoffs. Waterford and Galway should be off into the distance. Bray have recruited well. Maybe not much strength in depth and I feel the manager could be overrated. A vast improvement on what they had though. Wexford have made some great signings and should do well. Connolly a massive signing for Treaty. They have a recognised goalscorer which is a massive deal in this division. Longford have lost a good few I think. I don't know too much about Cobh or Athlone tbh. Think Kerry will be competitive but be near the foot of the table.
Decent enough effort in the premier league. If dundalk somehow pip shels it would be even better. Heart was overruling head when I had harps finishing so high. Didn't think it would be as disastrously. Cobh and athlone overachiever my predictions by a big distance anyway! Connolly never played for treaty. He could have been the difference in then making a play off place

ontheotherhand
31/10/2023, 7:47 PM
I was almost there last season but had Pats finishing ahead of Dundalk. I fancy them to do a bit better this season based on their signings but wouldn't write Dundalk off pipping them for third again either. This years seems trickier as I don't know much about Cork and I'm not sure anyone outside of Derry, us and Pats have really improved with new signings.

1. Shamrock Rovers
2. Derry
3. Pats
4. Dundalk
5. Shels
6. Sligo
7. Bohs
8. Drogs
9. Cork
10. UCD

Drogs might pip Bohs for 7th. Doherty has them very hard to beat (for us anyway!) and Bohs don't seem to have a full squad yet. Buckley should help them be a bit harder to beat but I'm not sure Williams is going to score enough goals. He scored most of his against them....

Sligo losing Keena is massive but they brought back Mahon which should mean they need less goals. If they add a striker they should be fine.

Derry having Duffy all season should make things a lot closer at the top. O'Reilly will help too and Connolly will have them very hard to beat. Home form critical.

I think we've strengthened overall but look a bit weak at wingback. Should have enough for the league and hopefully cup but not sure I can see us doing any better in Europe.

Cup - Shamrock Rovers, should have won it last year if not for having Derry away right after Gent away. Ifs and buts etc.

Top scorer - McGonigle - having Duffy around all season should help there

First manager sacked - nobody oddly enough. Devine maybe but I'd say Bohs will give him some time.

No idea on 1st division but would like to see Ollie get back up.

Did ok. Sligo and Dundalk surprised me. Shels probably improved a bit more than I expected with the investment and players in from Hull. Afolabi made bohs more dangerous than I predicted but without Sligo's collapse would be where I had them.

I wish Bradley had read my opinion on our wingbacks.

Will be interesting to see who wants 2nd more between Pats and Derry.

placid casual
02/11/2023, 5:36 PM
Premier Division:
1.Shamrock Rovers
2.Derry City
3.Dundalk
4.Boez
5.Pats
6.Cork
7.Drogs
8.Sligo
9.Shels
10.UCD

First Division:
1.Harps
2.Waterford
3.Galway
4.Bray
5.Treaty
6 Wexford
7.Longford
8.Cobh
9.Athlone
10.Kerry FC

Top scorer:Johnny Kenny
FAI Cup:Bohs
First manager gone: Russell, quickly followed by Caulfield in 1st division

Mystic Meg I am not.
The only thing I got right was the banker and that was Rovers winning the league.
It'd be awful funny if my cup prediction doesn't come to pass.

total hoofball
07/11/2023, 5:54 PM
Premier Division:

1. Derry City
2. Shamrock Rovers
3. St. Patrick's Athletic
4. Dundalk
5. Bohemians
6. Sligo Rovers
7. Cork City
8. Shelbourne
9. Drogheda United
10. UCD

First Division:

1. Galway United
2. Waterford
3. Bray Wanderers
4. Treaty United
5. Wexford
6. Longford Town
7. Finn Harps
8. Cobh Ramblers
9. Athlone Town
10. Kerry

I feel bad for the lack of pre-season faith I had in Duff and that Shels team!

Cobh is the other pessimistic prediction I didn't see coming, that was some turnaround by Shane Keegan who I shouldn't have underestimated his previous track record in that division on a low budget with Wexford. Athlone were a major unknown quantity with their imports they were a hard one to predict. Bray clearly the biggest disappointment in my predictions