PDA

View Full Version : Jack Bonham (G Stoke B. 1993)

Demesne Lad
01/02/2023, 3:43 PM
Bazunu? Or Kelleher? Or Travers? Or Bonham? Ok, in the Championship - but 59.5% of shots saved, 25% clean sheets, goals conceded per game 1.08.

Some action from 2021/22
RQbRxm2TuQ0

Deserves to at least make an Ireland squad.

Eirambler
02/02/2023, 5:31 AM
I think Max O'Leary is a better Championship keeper than Bonham. Any time I've seen Bonham he has looked poor and made a mistake to cost his team a goal. Was signed to be a backup keeper by Stoke but has got in because their previous first choice (Butland?) hasn't lived up to the hype.

The Irish keeper order for me would be Bazunu - Kelleher - Travers - O'Leary - Randolph - Bonham. I doubt Bonham will ever win a competitive senior cap for us, but at the same time we should be happy that a keeper who is a regular in the Championship may only be our sixth choice. A lot of countries our size find the keeper position very tough to fill at a decent level (NI/Wales/Scotland/Norway).

Edit - Bursik was the other keeper, not Butland.

Stuttgart88
02/02/2023, 8:41 AM
I think Max O'Leary is a better Championship keeper than Bonham. Any time I've seen Bonham he has looked poor and made a mistake to cost his team a goal. Was signed to be a backup keeper by Stoke but has got in because their previous first choice (Butland?) hasn't lived up to the hype.

The Irish keeper order for me would be Bazunu - Kelleher - Travers - O'Leary - Randolph - Bonham. I doubt Bonham will ever win a competitive senior cap for us, but at the same time we should be happy that a keeper who is a regular in the Championship may only be our sixth choice. A lot of countries our size find the keeper position very tough to fill at a decent level (NI/Wales/Scotland/Norway).

Edit - Bursik was the other keeper, not Butland.Was going to say Butland signed for Man U!

seanfhear
02/02/2023, 9:00 AM
Was going to say Butland signed for Man U!
Where did it all go wrong ? ?

elatedscum
02/02/2023, 1:37 PM

Edit - Bursik was the other keeper, not Butland.

The Sean McDermott fan club want a 7th name on the ballot

Demesne Lad
08/03/2023, 11:46 PM
Looks like Bonham will be adding to this season's 17 first team appearances for Stoke; current first choice 'keeper Sarkic (on loan from Wolves) will be out with a quad injury for 8-10 weeks.

Demesne Lad
16/05/2023, 10:08 PM
Stoke City have triggered a one year extension to Bonham's contract. His season's stats: 27 appearances, 8 clean sheets, 47 saves (32 from inside the box). Total passes 728, unsuccessful passes 0. (Stoke City FC website).

Stoke also extended the contract of Lewis Macari, who had a very successful loan spell at Dundalk.

tetsujin1979
16/05/2023, 11:06 PM
Zero unsuccessful passes?

seanfhear
16/05/2023, 11:13 PM
Stoke City have triggered a one year extension to Bonham's contract. His season's stats: 27 appearances, 8 clean sheets, 47 saves (32 from inside the box). Total passes 728, unsuccessful passes 0. (Stoke City FC website).

Stoke also extended the contract of Lewis Macari, who had a very successful loan spell at Dundalk.
Lou Macari's grandson ~ I can remember Low Macari playing.

I wonder how far away I am from seeing the great grandson of a player I saw playing ~ playing ~ Or have I done so already and not known it ! !

tetsujin1979
16/05/2023, 11:53 PM
Lou Macari's grandson ~ I can remember Low Macari playing.

I wonder how far away I am from seeing the great grandson of a player I saw playing ~ playing ~ Or have I done so already and not known it ! !
Ian Wright's grandson, Shaun's son, D'Margio is with Stoke as well, was out on loan with Northampton this season
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Margio_Wright-Phillips

John83
17/05/2023, 5:34 AM
Maybe it's like when I play pool. "I meant to do that."

Demesne Lad
17/05/2023, 3:08 PM

I know - me too. But that's what it said on the Stoke City website yesterday, and it's still saying it today.

tetsujin1979
17/05/2023, 3:15 PM
Fair enough, and he did complete twelve out of twelve passes against Cardiff on 29th April, but he missed four of 33 passes a week earlier

Looks like a mistake, the graph on his player profile clearly says he's completed 473 out of 728 passes
https://www.stokecityfc.com/players/jackbonham

Demesne Lad
17/05/2023, 11:45 PM
Looks like a mistake, the graph on his player profile clearly says he's completed 473 out of 728 passes
https://www.stokecityfc.com/players/jackbonham

Thanks. Whatever 'Unsuccessful Passes' means, the figure (zero) is quoted for the goalkeepers in the squad, but not the outfield players. Interestingly, Bonham's ratio of 473/728 (65%) is almost the same as that of Sarkic (66%), who was brought in on loan and was for a while first choice, until he got injured.

Bonham's clean sheet percentage for the season was 27.3, compared to O'Leary's 24.2, though O'Leary conceded 0.1 goal fewer per 90 minutes. (Ignoring the one game wonders, Coventry's Ben Wilson was the clean sheet champ -- 46.5%).

Kingdom
18/05/2023, 6:05 PM
Ian Wright's grandson, Shaun's son, D'Margio is with Stoke as well, was out on loan with Northampton this season
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Margio_Wright-Phillips

So you could say he's on D'Margio'n's of the first team?

TonyD
18/05/2023, 11:00 PM
So you could say he's on D'Margio'n's of the first team?

You could, but you really shouldn’t :p

Demesne Lad
17/11/2023, 6:07 PM
After three consecutive clean sheets, Bonham signs a one-year extension to his contract at Stoke.

Jack Bonham: Stoke City goalkeeper signs new one-year deal - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67453948)