PDA

View Full Version : Ireland.com

Macy
18/06/2001, 11:16 AM
Get over to Ireland.com and support the league. They are trying to make out the league is ****e, because cork lose they're first match of the season against a fully professional team 9 or 10 games into their season, and who are currently top of their league. Just do it.

dahamsta
18/06/2001, 11:28 AM
I reckon that although the phrasing could be considered a bit off, they've got a point. I wouldn't call Metalurgs exactly "lowly", but the loss is still a "damning indictment of the quality of the National League". Also, to be fair, it is a poll. They're probably getting exactly the result they were looking for... :)

adam

Gaz
19/06/2001, 1:23 PM
Hafta agree with adam on this one. Seriously lads - what this result (and even all the LoI supporters seem to be agreeing with it) is saying is that the standard of the LATVIAN league is better than that of ours. Think about that statement now for a while.

"The standard of the LATVIAN league is better than that of the Eircom League."

Coming from a country as patriotic as ours, and with as much pride as we have in our footballers, I find that fairly feckin' embarrasing. Damning indictment indeed.

Éanna
19/06/2001, 5:37 PM
Seriously, Latvian football is developing, and we're not. We were passsed out by Norway et al 20 years ago, and unless we do something about it, eastern europe will pass us out too. It's crazy. We're standing still.

Gaz
19/06/2001, 7:05 PM
Which means that as a result, the standard of football within the League of Ireland, is, like it or not, shi*e.

So Ireland.com isn't doing anything wrong, just saying something that although isn't pretty, is true. I mean, the fact that Latvia can support a professional league and we can't is just apalling. Embarassing. The FAI should be ashamed.

dahamsta
19/06/2001, 7:12 PM
I feel I have to point out - again - that ireland.com isn't "saying" anything. It's a poll, they're asking a question. A question isn't a statement unless you answer it yourself and possibly justify it.

Adam Semantic (Mrs)

Gaz
19/06/2001, 7:27 PM
Shut up you, I've reported you to a moderator. Any more contradictions like that and I'll bar ye! ;) ;) ;)

joe
19/06/2001, 8:32 PM
Gaz,

sorry but there's not much i can do to cure that particulare problem :D

dahamsta
19/06/2001, 9:11 PM
THERE'S NO JUSTICE. THERE'S JUST ME.

ADAM DEATH (RETIRED)