PDA

View Full Version : Not a thread for Harry Potter fans

dahamsta
08/08/2005, 1:22 PM
I'm not as big a fan of T-Shirt Hell as some, but this shirt is absolute class.

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=514

adam

Eire06
08/08/2005, 1:27 PM
I'm not as big a fan of T-Shirt Hell as some, but this shirt is absolute class.

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=514

adam

Adam you should really say before the link do not open if you havn't yet finished the book and don't want to know what happens in it!! Cause it ruins it for people.. :o

And I do not see how a t-shirt that ruins the end of a story book for people is class. Its a bit childish and pathetic IMO

sligoman
08/08/2005, 1:28 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=514Ha Ha, quality t-shirt :D

pete
08/08/2005, 1:30 PM
And I do not see how a t-shirt that ruins the end of a story book for people is class. Its a bit childish and pathetic IMO

You can still look at the pictures? ;) :eek:

In fairness he did say "not a thread for Harry Potter fans".

Eire06
08/08/2005, 1:33 PM
You can still look at the pictures? ;) :eek:

In fairness he did say "not a thread for Harry Potter fans".

That could mean a number of things..
Like he doesn't want Harry Potter discussed in this thread or this is an anti-Harry Potter thread :rolleyes:

sligoman
08/08/2005, 1:34 PM
You think that is childish but yet you still read the book? :confused: :D

EnDai
08/08/2005, 1:35 PM
SSshhh. It's quality!

Cosmo
I've never read a harry potter book but i still get this :D

Nice one :)

sligoman
SSshhh. It's quality!
The book or the t-shirt? :D

Eire06
08/08/2005, 1:39 PM
You think that is childish but yet you still read the book? :confused: :D

it would be just the same if you had recorded a Sligo match and you were really looking forward to watching it and you didn't want to know the score before you watched and someone posted a thread saying Not for Sligo fans.. you'd look at it and there wasn't any warning about the result in it and you clicked on the like and there was the score.. match ruined for ya :D

BTW reading a book is just as childish as watching 22 men run around after a ball for 90mins :rolleyes:

sligoman
08/08/2005, 1:42 PM
it would be just the same if you had recorded a Sligo match and you were really looking forward to watching it and you didn't want to know the score before you watched and someone posted a thread saying Not for Sligo fans.. you'd look at it and there wasn't any warning about the result in it and you clicked on the like and there was the score.. match ruined for ya :DYes I know, and it has happened me in the past too :mad:, but what I was saying is do you not think reading Harry Potter is a bit childish? :D

Eire06
08/08/2005, 1:44 PM
Yes I know, and it has happened me in the past too :mad:, but what I was saying is do you not think reading Harry Potter is a bit childish? :D

BTW reading a book is just as childish as watching 22 men run around after a ball for 90mins

both are a bit childish but very enjoyable :D Ruining something for someone is childish is a different way.. its mean :rolleyes:

sligoman
08/08/2005, 1:46 PM
BTW reading a book is just as childish as watching 22 men run around after a ball for 90mins

bot are a bit childish but very enjoyable :DFootball is enjoyable but Harry Potter?, I'll take your word for it ;) :D

BrayZil
08/08/2005, 1:50 PM
Thats a class T-Shirt! Brilliant!

Eire06
08/08/2005, 1:56 PM
Football is enjoyable but Harry Potter?, I'll take your word for it ;) :D
Don't knock it till you try it ;)

sligoman
08/08/2005, 1:58 PM
Don't knock it till you try it ;)So, how far into it were ya? Were you up to the bit that the t-shirt revealed or did Adam really ruin it for ya? :D

Eire06
08/08/2005, 2:03 PM
So, how far into it were ya? Were you up to the bit that the t-shirt revealed or did Adam really ruin it for ya? :D
If he did I'd be reporting his post :rolleyes:

I've it well read ;)
Never said he ruined it for me specifically.. I know people reading it at the moment and are trying to avoid others telling them the ending..

Some people are just big spoil sports :D (the t-shirt people not adam, he did make a poor attempt in warning people :rolleyes: )

thejollyrodger
08/08/2005, 2:11 PM
my favourite is

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=408

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a408/a408.gif

pete
08/08/2005, 2:20 PM
Don't knock it till you try it ;)

I've never read Harry Potter or saw the movies so maybe i'm uninformed. Out of curiousity what other books do you read?

sligoman
08/08/2005, 2:24 PM
I've never read Harry Potter or saw the movies so maybe i'm uninformed. Out of curiousity what other books do you read?Thomas the tank engine :D

Eire06
08/08/2005, 2:47 PM
I've never read Harry Potter or saw the movies so maybe i'm uninformed. Out of curiousity what other books do you read?

I like James patterson, Dan Browne, Anne Rice, stephen king to name a few..
I read a lot of auto-biographys too, crime and horror mostly though.
Reading Paul Williams Crimelords at the moment..

Harry Potter is very light reading as you can imagine.. but its very well written, I've read all the books so far in the series and they were all enjoyable

Thomas the tank engine
brat :rolleyes:

drinkfeckarse
08/08/2005, 3:08 PM
my favourite is

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=408

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a408/a408.gif

Now that's a step too far :mad: can't believe you find that funny.

thejollyrodger
08/08/2005, 3:34 PM
Its black humour, and yes i laughed :D

liam88
08/08/2005, 5:11 PM
I really enjoy Harry Potter. I also think Lord of the Rings is great and read it years before the movies. The newest Harry Potter book is actually pretty unsuitable for anyone under 14/15 some pretty serious/narsty stuff in it.....get's to me a bit when people dismiss stuff as childish when they havn't even read it themselves-show's that they are quite insecure. So Harry Potter is about magic and good vs evil among other things.....so are you all telling me you think Lord of the Rings, every Dracula book/movie, any horror or fantasy is all childish?
If you understand Latin or Olde English literature you can get a lot more out of Harry Potter......i be thalf the people who call Harry Potter "childish" canane understand/work out a lot of the points. Fair play Eire06!

liam88
08/08/2005, 5:13 PM
Its black humour, and yes i laughed :D

100 000 people dying-fe*king hilarious :D :D Ya know how funny it would have been if it had been your mam or you kids-bet you wudda rushed for a t-shirt then...............eejit

dahamsta
08/08/2005, 5:25 PM
Is it ok to make jokes about the WTC yet Liam? How about WWII? When't the cutoff point?

adam

liam88
08/08/2005, 6:01 PM
Is it ok to make jokes about the WTC yet Liam? How about WWII? When't the cutoff point?

adam

Ok sorry if I over-reacted.
In all honesty I wouldn't make jokes about either the WTC or WWII....mabye it's just me but personally i'm not a fan of joking about death.
What is the more serious point however is that in all 3 cases mentioned (Tsunami, WTC, WWII) victims, survivors and immediate family members are all still alive and making a joke in public you have no way of knowing if those people are hearing/reading it. You also do not know how they will take it-it may not be meant maliciously and they may not take it as such but the may take offence and would be well within their rights to. I'd never make a joke about WWII especially in a public forum where survivors who saw their friends die on the battlefield may read it and feel upset, dissapointed, humiliated or just sad.

So fair question about the pre-dated cut-off point....may I ask you about the foward cut off point. In the last month I have heard jokes about both the London bombings and Anthoney Walker (the lad murdered with an axe in a liverpool race attack RIP)......would you wear a t-shirt joking about either of these?

dahamsta
08/08/2005, 6:35 PM
Depends how funny it was. But I was asking a question more than making a point. I wouldn't wear that tsunami tshirt, but because it's not funny, not out of any kind of ethical concern. Humour is a valid form of emotional defense.

Plus it's a subjective thing. You'll remember that I ticked people off for making jokes about the pope's death, the London bombings, etc. But then I get to make that decision on here. Funny old world, eh?

(In truth I don't find any of the Worse Than Hell (http://www.tshirthell.com/worsethanhell.shtml) tshirts funny. No funny, not clever, just stupid really.)

adam

Peadar
09/08/2005, 8:41 AM
BTW reading a book is just as childish as watching 22 men run around after a ball for 90mins :rolleyes:

This is exactly why women shouldn't be allowed into football games.
No respect!

Maz
09/08/2005, 8:54 AM
No respect!

Oh peadar you are being very stereotypical there, not all ladies read harry potter books and have a dislike for football.......

Eire06
09/08/2005, 8:58 AM

Oh peadar you are being very stereotypical there, not all ladies read harry potter books and have a dislike for football.......

And both of you are taking my comment totally out of context..

Maz sorry where did I say I dislike football?? :eek:

Peadar Whist will ya before you get a slap! :rolleyes:

fosterdollar
09/08/2005, 8:58 AM
You also do not know how they will take it

You don't know how anyone is going to take anything you say. Ever. Whether it be a joke or a statement of opinion. How about they have a little think about why the person made the statement. There can be several reasons for saying something and there can be several meanings to what they say. Does the offendee really believe that the offender set out to offend him/her?

it may not be meant maliciously and they may not take it as such but the may take offence and would be well within their rights to.

Just as people are well within their rights to make stupid jokes that most other people don't find funny.

Peadar
09/08/2005, 9:25 AM
not all ladies read harry potter books and have a dislike for football...

Point taken.

When the latest book came out, I noticed all the fellow commuters who were reading it. There was a certain "type" who had a copy.
Conservatively dressed girls, on their way to a mundane office job or loner type blokes, with greasy hair and spectacles.

How's that for stereotypes!

Maz
09/08/2005, 10:32 AM
Point taken.

When the latest book came out, I noticed all the fellow commuters who were reading it. There was a certain "type" who had a copy.
Conservatively dressed girls, on their way to a mundane office job or loner type blokes, with greasy hair and spectacles.

How's that for stereotypes!

Well if you saw it then it must be true...have never read a harry potter book or watched a film....not my type of thing!!