PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket or paying fan?

Pages : [1] 2

superfrank
08/08/2005, 1:06 PM
Just wondering how many members are season ticket holders and how many pay into every game.

I am a season ticket holder. It's my first year as one. IO usually paid in to the games I went to, which was alot less obviously.

What about everyone else?

pete
08/08/2005, 1:11 PM
Poll Added.

As an exile i pay game by game.

EnDai
08/08/2005, 1:12 PM
Season ticket.

Terry
08/08/2005, 1:21 PM
season ticket. Great value at only E100

BrayZil
08/08/2005, 1:22 PM
Season ticket holder for the last few years and what great value it is too!

bigmac
08/08/2005, 1:28 PM
Season ticket since about 95 or 96 after a season or two of going to every game as ticket holder. Been going since before the stand was built in the RSC. Still have season ticket (check location) but only been to about 3 games this year. My dad brings somone else with him to try to convert someone to the religion that is the EL.

tiktok
08/08/2005, 1:28 PM
Exiled in Dublin so a season ticket doesn't offer as much value for money as it would if I was back in Cork.

Slash/ED
08/08/2005, 1:29 PM
Season ticket, it is excellent value at Shels.

sligoman
08/08/2005, 1:30 PM
Season ticket ;)

Cosmo
08/08/2005, 1:31 PM
Whole family have season tickets (mam, dad and brother) for as long as I can remember :)

Not great value though if ye plan to go on a 2 week holiday during the season

Poor Student
08/08/2005, 1:35 PM
Game by game. I miss about half the season being away so it would be pointless. It's only 7 Euro for students at Belfield anyway.

adamcarr
08/08/2005, 1:44 PM
Season ticket for the last few seasons!

Philo
08/08/2005, 1:51 PM
Full member of Bohs since 1999 but for all the respect the board currently give to the club's membership it might as well be a season ticket.

redgav
08/08/2005, 1:51 PM

What he said

Dyl10
08/08/2005, 1:54 PM
Game by game. I miss about half the season being away so it would be pointless. It's only 7 Euro for students at Belfield anyway.

That security guard is a ***** at belfield! im not even out of secondary school and the last time i was there he made me and my mate pay 20 euro in :mad:. Honestly how many secondary school students carry around student i.d? ******

Danny
08/08/2005, 1:54 PM
500 club member.
In the 3rd season of my 5 yr season ticket.

sligoman
08/08/2005, 1:56 PM
That security guard is a ***** at belfield! im not even out of secondary school and the last time i was there he made me and my mate pay 20 euro in :mad:. Honestly how many secondary school students carry around student i.d? ******You actually paid it?:rolleyes:. Why? :confused:.

Dyl10
08/08/2005, 2:03 PM
You actually paid it?:rolleyes:. Why? :confused:.

Because he left me with no choice it was that or go home

Hibs4Ever
08/08/2005, 2:04 PM
500 club member.
In the 3rd season of my 5 yr season ticket.

Same here

sligoman
08/08/2005, 2:04 PM
Because he left me with no choice it was that or go homeI would of went to another gate or asked to see a steward. No way would I of paying 20euro to see a game if I was a student

Roverstillidie
08/08/2005, 2:09 PM
while we are on the topic, how much are season tickets and gate prices at your clubs?
rovers is 250/15.

pineapple stu
08/08/2005, 2:09 PM
That security guard is a ***** at belfield! im not even out of secondary school and the last time i was there he made me and my mate pay 20 euro in :mad:. Honestly how many secondary school students carry around student i.d? ******
How'd you pay E20 in? Top price for a ticket is E15. Unless you mean youz paid a tenner each?

As I sell fanzines/scarves/jerseys, etc. at the shack, the club let me in free. Where do I vote...?

shedite
08/08/2005, 2:10 PM
Could everyone give a general breakdown of what their season ticket saves them too please.

At City, there's 3 levels. The basic one is for league games which is E190 for 16 games which saves you E18 if you make every game.

The second level is for all games which this year has been 16 league, 2 UEFA, 2 FAI, 2 League Cup, 2 Setanta Cup, 2 Munster Senior Cup and 4 Friendlies (total 30). This ticket costs E310 which saves you E74 I think (not sure of some friendly prices), but then again, there's no guarantee of any home cup games.

I've never bought a season ticket coz I usually end up missing games for various reasons.

Dyl10
08/08/2005, 2:10 PM
I would of went to another gate or asked to see a steward. No way would I of paying 20euro to see a game if I was a student

In Belfield there is only shed you can pay for student tickets at and they have a security guard standing on front of it and that is his job! My brother was with me(who is an adult and paid for an adult) and he had a go at him about it, but all the guard said was "thats my job". So i was left with no choice! but *****s like that can turn people away from the games

sligoman
08/08/2005, 2:11 PM
As I sell fanzines/scarves/jerseys, etc. at the shack, the club let me in free. Where do I vote...?
Moderators: Add another option for free loaders please :p :D

shedite
08/08/2005, 2:13 PM
By the way, the third option for city season tickets is 500 for all games with refreshmants at half time and a matchday program.

It's E13 into the cross

Kento
08/08/2005, 2:13 PM
Poll Added.

I'm same as pete

Dyl10
08/08/2005, 2:14 PM
How'd you pay E20 in? Top price for a ticket is E15. Unless you mean youz paid a tenner each?

Well i dont support ucd and im rarely in belfield but in this incdence i was watching ucd v drogheda at the start of the season and the tickets were definatley E20 adult and i guarrantee you that because it was all the money i had

Roverstillidie
08/08/2005, 2:15 PM
By the way, the third option for city season tickets is 500 for all games with refreshmants at half time and a matchday program.

It's E13 into the cross

is that a patron/corporate type thing?

otherwise i think we have a winner in the most expensive season ticket competition!!

pineapple stu
08/08/2005, 2:16 PM
I'd consider complaining about the steward. Probably won't get you anywhere (technically, you have no proof), but I think for that game, the ticket price was E15 including programme. E20 simply wasn't the rate. If that's what you did pay, I can only apologise for the steward's actions.

Dyl10
08/08/2005, 2:19 PM
I'd consider complaining about the steward. Probably won't get you anywhere (technically, you have no proof), but I think for that game, the ticket price was E15 including programme. E20 simply wasn't the rate. If that's what you did pay, I can only apologise for the steward's actions.

Are you sure about this? the friend i was with is an occasional ucd supporter and he hadn't been since the they had been promoted and he said they just put the prices up this season

BrayZil
08/08/2005, 2:23 PM
Season tickets for Bray are:

€140 Adults
€100 Student
€ 70 Child/OAP
€250 Familly Ticket (2 adults & 2 children U16)

Season tickets include admission to all League Cup and Eircom League home matches. Normal price per match is €12 Adults/€10 Students/€6 Children/OAP's. I think we must be the cheapest??

Schumi
08/08/2005, 2:38 PM
Are you sure about this? the friend i was with is an occasional ucd supporter and he hadn't been since the they had been promoted and he said they just put the prices up this season
They were put up to €15 this year.

Poor Student
08/08/2005, 2:43 PM
Dyl10 as Schumi said I have no idea how you paid 20 Euro! However I had a similar problem with my younger brother a few weeks ago. I decided to bring him along and he's a secondary school student. He is even a small guy for his age and the guard also insisted he paid adult price. So my younger brother paid over double what I did. Obviously I have no problem as I go to UCD and carry a card.

Conor H
08/08/2005, 2:45 PM
Season ticket. ;)
Cost in GUFC......Adult E100......E10 entry per game.
Student/OAPE60.......E6 entry per game.
Child E40......E3 entry per game.
Great value,best in the 1st division anyway especially when you pay E10 to get into ****e grounds like station road. :rolleyes:

Mr A
08/08/2005, 2:47 PM
Season Ticket holder this 5 or 6 years. I've kept getting one even though I'm now in exile a lot of the time- it's not the club's fault I can't make the games so why should they lose the revenue?

Season ticket is €150 at Harps for adult terrace. That's a saving of about €20 if you pay into all games I think.

hoops1
08/08/2005, 2:58 PM
season ticket and pay in at the gate
(i have more money than sense)

carrickharp
08/08/2005, 2:59 PM
Same here.

Troy.McClure
08/08/2005, 4:19 PM
exiled too and pay as I go.

A cork season ticket doesnt make much financial sence (even if you live in Cork) but I had one before I was deported. It was dead handy for not queueing up, which can be time consuming at the X sometimes.

Anto McC
08/08/2005, 4:26 PM
Game by Game because i was to lazy to go to Tolka in the off season

Gerrit
08/08/2005, 6:27 PM
Game by Game because you never know when working abroad how short or long term you'll be in the country. Given the fact that I moved to Belfast, I did the right thing I guess (though I did not suspect this move at all before the season) but it just felt risky when you have no certainty of where you'll be living within 3 months.

5 years season tickets ? :eek: Isn't that very risky? What if you'd move to another city? What if someone (kid, girlfriend, friend, whatever) would take too much of your time next year or drag you into another hobby?
At some clubs it's even very risky... I mean, imagine buying a 5 years ticket at Rovers, could just as well lead to 4 years of unused tickets :D

eamoss
08/08/2005, 6:48 PM
For the season 03 & 04 I was a season ticket holder and this season I said **** it I will be a paying fan this season thank God I did.

Mind you parts of our pitch started coming today 3 tuck loads of sand & rubber came today!

superfrank
08/08/2005, 7:31 PM
I went there and payed student price without being asked for ID. I never get asked for ID and I'm seventeen.

Dr.Nightdub
08/08/2005, 8:26 PM
500 Club member, but this is only my second season of the five-year season ticket.

Gerrit, I'd guess that most 500 Club members have been following Pats for at least five years already, so if girlfriends, wives, kids and the experience of watching utter sh1te for much of the last five years haven't broken the habit by now, nothing's going to.

The cost was €1000. Hard to quantify it in terms of savings cos you never know when they'll tinker around with the League format again. But if the 12-team League stayed in place, and assuming the adult terrace price at the turnstile stayed at €10 for five years (unlikely), then with Cup games and discounts off club merchandise, you just about break even. I don't think too many people sat down and did the maths, the club badly needed the money so whoever could afford it forked out.

Éanna
08/08/2005, 8:40 PM
I pay as I go, never seem to have the money to get a season ticket when the time comes around, plus saving isn't huge.

Rebal Boy
08/08/2005, 8:48 PM
I'm a Season ticket holder. I think its way better. It get me into all Eircom League games, FAI Cup games, Setanta Cup and Europe games. Great value and never have to worry about getting tickets. I'd recommend it to anyone.

holidaysong
08/08/2005, 9:02 PM
Pay at the gate for me. I miss games while in Dublin (damn our Thursday night games) so don't bother with the season ticket.

ccfcgirl
08/08/2005, 9:57 PM
I was a season ticket holder up to this season .I like to collect the ticket stubs .

Roverstillidie
09/08/2005, 7:44 AM
Isn't that very risky? What if you'd move to another city? What if someone (kid, girlfriend, friend, whatever) would take too much of your time next year or drag you into another hobby?
At some clubs it's even very risky... I mean, imagine buying a 5 years ticket at Rovers, could just as well lead to 4 years of unused tickets :D

get rid of her then!!! if you need that explained...

and as for the second part, f uck right off, we're going nowhere just yet, id be more worried about you lot getting flung out of the league for your manager/backroom staff/fat olly's behaviour :D

bigmac
09/08/2005, 1:12 PM
to be honest, for me the best part of having a season ticket is that you've got the same group of people around you week in week out for the craic. You get to know some people that you wouldn't meet otherwise and there's always a good laugh.