PDA

View Full Version : the curse of rico

hoops1
08/08/2005, 10:53 AM
I think the curse of Rico is about to strike soon!Rico doesnt do championships
If Shels win there two games in hand and beat Cork the smell
of **** coming from Rico will be wafting all the way to Dublin!
Am i the only on that thinks Cork will bottle it?

thecorner
08/08/2005, 10:54 AM
cant wait to laugh at this thread shortly

tiktok
08/08/2005, 10:57 AM
Rico doesnt do championships.......

.....but if he did, they'd probably be the best championships in the world.

Oh and by the way, Roddy does do relegations!

Poor Student
08/08/2005, 11:03 AM
Oh and by the way, Roddy does do relegations!

On the contrary, Roddy doesn't. He jumps ship before it happens. :D

tiktok
08/08/2005, 11:04 AM
On the contrary, Roddy doesn't. He jumps ship before it happens. :D

:D :D fair point, I'm sure Rovers will find someone to go down with the ship though ;)

pete
08/08/2005, 11:24 AM
I think its funny the way some Rovers fans have got all cocky again now that club saved from collapse.

After losing so many players the Rovers team doesn't strike fear into any side now:

Shamrock Rovers: Murphy, Sweetman, Shelly, McDonnell, Doyle, O’Connor (Roche, 50), Kenny, McDonagh, Rutherford, Manley (Sheridan, 59), Molloy.

EnDai
08/08/2005, 11:26 AM
To be fair, with Murphy in goal you're always gonna have a chance! :)

I'm hoping the orignal post reigns supreme, but I'm not gonna tempt fate with it!

Roverstillidie
08/08/2005, 11:31 AM
I think its funny the way some Rovers fans have got all cocky again now that club saved from collapse.

After losing so many players the Rovers team doesn't strike fear into any side now:

Shamrock Rovers: Murphy, Sweetman, Shelly, McDonnell, Doyle, O’Connor (Roche, 50), Kenny, McDonagh, Rutherford, Manley (Sheridan, 59), Molloy.

eh, we lost 3!
one of whom we were delighted to see the back of, one a young striker and one a winger we will miss, but if you are going to lose someone, let it be a wide man. the spine of the team remains the same. selly in for gavin (big improvement), manly/sherro in for mooney (no real change) and o'connor in for mccourt (not an improvment, not o'c was mom in bray)

and we were always cocky.

pete
08/08/2005, 11:34 AM
I thought you lost Gough, Gavin, Mooney, McCourt from a thin enough squad already.

ThatGuy
08/08/2005, 11:35 AM
To be honest, I don't think that there is any possibility of Rovers going down. I would love to see it happening, but it won't.

As for Rico, he may well feel the pressure. I think one of two things will happen to Shelbourne, they will either fall apart or laucnh a spectacular run of form. I don't see any in-between for them. If it is the latter, then Cork will feel the pressure, and the league is never won at Christmas (or in Summer Soccer terms July!).

Roverstillidie
08/08/2005, 11:39 AM
I thought you lost Gough, Gavin, Mooney, McCourt from a thin enough squad already.

forgot gough, easily done.... not a footballing loss, beach will more than compensate in set pieces.

only mccourt is missed. gavin was on huge bucks, happy he is off the wage bill and shelly has been solid and composed. mooney never lived up to initial promise, and is already pining to come back!

the team has a better balance now believe it or not.

superfrank
08/08/2005, 11:52 AM
Yez should have Molloy suspended, what with him trying to play volleyball the other night and all.

Number 4
08/08/2005, 12:48 PM
I think the curse of Rico is about to strike soon!Rico doesnt do championships
If Shels win there two games in hand and beat Cork the smell
of **** coming from Rico will be wafting all the way to Dublin!
Am i the only on that thinks Cork will bottle it?

Yes probably. Cork will win it. They are the best side by far this season. Shels will rally - may finish 2nd. Rovers will escape relegation and the playoffs too.

patsh
08/08/2005, 1:19 PM
I don't think we will bottle it, but a combination of
a few suspensions for crucial games,
tiredness (some of players looked exhausted the other night) especially for the big games around our European travels,
and our current drop in form,
may be costly.

Derry are looking extremely good at this point in time, I'd be worried that they could just get the better of us.
Big pub are out of contention, I think, after Saturday night, so only 3 teams realistically left in it.
If we suffer a collapse in form, we could be looking at third...:(

Slash/ED
08/08/2005, 1:22 PM
If Shels and Derry both beat Cork it will be very very difficult to call. Those are the two biggest games of the season so far.

I've a feeling it'll goto the last day and Cork will win, karma for Rico.

patsh
08/08/2005, 2:01 PM
I've a feeling it'll goto the last day ....
NO, NO, NO!
I couldn't go through that again, the old ticker just wouldn't take it.....:p

pete
08/08/2005, 2:17 PM
NO, NO, NO!
I couldn't go through that again, the old ticker just wouldn't take it.....:p

McNulty flashback again....? :eek:

ThatGuy
08/08/2005, 2:30 PM
As Kevin Keegan would say, "I would love it" if Bohemians beat Shelbourne on the last day of the season to give Cork the title. I would love it.

patsh
08/08/2005, 2:35 PM
McNulty flashback again....? :eek:
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH....

Troy.McClure
08/08/2005, 4:25 PM
As Kevin Keegan would say, "I would love it" if Bohemians beat Shelbourne on the last day of the season to give Cork the title. I would love it.

So would I :)

Anyway, if anyone knows how to stop Shels winning the league its Rico ;)

thecorner
08/08/2005, 5:27 PM
So would I

Anyway, if anyone knows how to stop Shels winning the league its Rico

says the shels fan :D :D :D :D :D

thecorner
08/08/2005, 9:13 PM
If Shels win there two games in hand ?

cant wait to laugh at this thread shortly

the smile came on my face

its almost time to start at laughing at the thread

Troy.McClure
08/08/2005, 10:23 PM
says the shels fan :D
Watch it you! :eek:

hoops1
22/08/2005, 9:31 AM
wobble wobble!
Rico might have to go to the last day of the season
Derry have it in the bag!
Corks bottle will go when they
see the run in they have and everybody
will be busting a gut to beat them!Especially Shels
Squeaky bum time is near and Ricos is squeaking loudest already!

Éanna
22/08/2005, 8:10 PM
Why don't you worry about your own club cop on? I've always had great time for Longford, but the pathetic attitude of some Longford fans and the utter lack of ambition your club shows is getting really boring at this stage. Grow up or just go away

Longfordian
22/08/2005, 9:17 PM
the utter lack of ambition your club shows is getting really boring at this stage.

How do you know what the club's ambitions are? Just 'cos they're not being spouted in media columns doesn't mean there's no ambitions. We've made progress year on year, we want to keep progressing that's ambitious enough for me. We're only up a short while in relative terms, yet we're right in the hunt for third place, which would be a new high in the league for us.Still in both cups. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that jazz, we can't be going around saying we're going to win the league this year when we know we're not. I'm happy with how things are going. Not forgetting we've managed to find almost €2m for a ground in four years with very little government assistance.

daveh
22/08/2005, 9:26 PM
u just said ye dont say yere goin to win the league cos ye know yere not goin to win it anyway,why cant ye??ye have a good squad of players and winning cups should be a springboard to a title challenge the following year for a top premier club,some ambition there :rolleyes:

Longfordian
22/08/2005, 9:43 PM
I'm being realistic, we weren't going to win the league this year, nobody thought so. Of course we hoped we could win it but we felt we'd be happy with third or fourth. That doesn't mean we'll never be able to go for the league but I never thought we could this year. Come on now, surely you didn't think so either? A part time team hasn't won the league for a long time. It catches up with you at some point. If I'd said on here at the start of the season we're going to win the league you'd have laughed.The club is ambitious but it knows its limitations too. As I said we're progressing all the time and hopefully we can challenge in the future but not yet. Again, realism.

daveh
22/08/2005, 10:04 PM
yes i probably would have laughed but what should that matter to you?i dont base my view of city on what other people expect of the team,i know that there the best team in the country at the moment and are gona win the league,its not being unrealistic as they proved already this season,id hate to support a club where the fans expect to finish 3rd or 4th after winning 2 fai cups in a row,if that happened at city there'd be uproar

RedX
22/08/2005, 10:11 PM
This is a funny thread...we are being slagged by a Homeless supporter.. :D ..i mean in all fairness we might have taken you serious around 15 years ago.. ;)

And to the Longford fan...you are ONLY a Longford fan you poor thing... :D

Peadar
23/08/2005, 8:55 AM
This year it was done and dusted - and then they choked.

Choke ??

To choke. There's no point in trying to deflect attention from this choking by repeating our freak uefa result

The chokers have the most fickle fans in the league.

Its a well documented fact that fans of the Chokers are the most fickle fans in the league.

(You can't possibly choke twice in the space of six days)

its real brown knickers time for the Chokers. Poor Rico - you can see the fear in his eyes & hear the panic in his voice. Sure didn't he know from experience they were gonna choke.

Its an awful pity he didn't realise they were chokers until now.

Biggest choke of all time coming up ??

You must be the most boring person on the forum!
Either you're Alan Mathews or watching his hideous brand of football has reduced you to an equally as boring One-Trick Pony.
How you've not been cited for trolling, I'll never know! :rolleyes:

Peadar
23/08/2005, 9:28 AM
Aw mammy, he's pointing out a few home truths !!

If someone has a valid point to make then that's fair enough but when someone like you repeats the same drivil over and over it's a clear that you've nothing to much to say.
You're posts are so boring and unimaginative that you may well have the honour of being the very first person added to my "Ignore List."

patsh
23/08/2005, 10:25 AM
your lack of firepower in front of goal at present.

18 goals in 22 league games.

:D :D :D
(and there is probably an og or 2 in there)

:D

tiktok
23/08/2005, 10:45 AM
(b) your lack of firepower in front of goal at present

We got the highest number of goals scored in the league. :rolleyes:

But don't let facts get in the way of an idiotic little rant.

Longfordian
23/08/2005, 10:57 AM
yes i probably would have laughed but what should that matter to you?i dont base my view of city on what other people expect of the team,i know that there the best team in the country at the moment and are gona win the league,its not being unrealistic as they proved already this season,id hate to support a club where the fans expect to finish 3rd or 4th after winning 2 fai cups in a row,if that happened at city there'd be uproar

The point is it's a great achievement to have won the trophies we have won. Not one of our fans expected us to win the league. We just don't have the resources at the moment. City do and that's why they should win the league and should be expecting to win the league or challenge every year. I'm not saying we'll never challenge but not this year. Realism over blind optimism. It's realistic for Shels and City to expect to win or challenge strongly, and if I were a Drogheda fan I'd be a bit miffed at how things are going give etheir outlay this year. I'm happy enough that we're making progress again this year, we're 11 points better off than we were this time last year and still in both cups. If we keep progressing I would like to think we will challenge for the title in the future but not yet.

Slash/ED
23/08/2005, 11:15 AM
Cop On, what has "Flynnie" done to you? :eek: :D

Peadar
23/08/2005, 11:26 AM
The point is it's a great achievement to have won the trophies we have won.

Your "achievement" is as hollow as Liverpools Champions League victory!
When you offer little in the way of competing for the league, you're free to concentrate totally on the cup.
We're expected to compete on all fronts.
Last year, our tremendous run in Europe meant a fixture backlog which resulted in a poor run of form, domestically.

This year we're challenging for the UEFA Cup, FAI Cup and eircom Premier League. We lose our second game of the season and you boys are on here pretending to have some knowledge of what we're going through and trying to create jibes about us failing somehow.
Know your place!

patsh
23/08/2005, 11:29 AM
We got the highest number of goals scored in the league. :rolleyes:

But don't let facts get in the way of an idiotic little rant.
Tiktok, it's not a rant, it's an obsessed fantasy which is all consuming for our little admirer down in his boghole.
The rubbish "club" he "follows" is so mind-numbingly boring and mediocre, he fantasies about Cork City to pass away his empty little life.

I must send him on some merchadise...but then again, if I do that, his arm will probably fall off within a few days.....;)

wws
23/08/2005, 11:30 AM

Post of the month!

Incredulous logic. The Champions League IS the world's premier club competition - there is NO other cup that comes close. It eclipses everything and is the aim of every big club. There is no greater achievement. End of.

patsh
23/08/2005, 11:42 AM
We are FOURTH in the league. FOURTH.
HOORAH, WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT, HOORAH.

What ambition, what a performance, what a club.
HOORAH FOR PLUCKY LITTLE 4th PLACED LONGFORD.

Your wrist must be in overdrive...

:p

patsh
23/08/2005, 11:46 AM
That's not ambition you goon. That's our present position. Ambition is where we WANT to be - and that's TOP. :cool:
I surprised you actually managed totype that out while w*nking off at the thoughts of being 4th in the table.
Thrilled I am for you all, it must be such a buzz for you lot to rise slightly above your mid-table mediocrity.

Btw, A big HOORAH for getting up to 4th for a while....:D

patsh
23/08/2005, 11:50 AM
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Fallen on to your keyboard from exhaustion?
:D

Longfordian
23/08/2005, 11:59 AM
When you offer little in the way of competing for the league, you're free to concentrate totally on the cup.
We're expected to compete on all fronts.
Last year, our tremendous run in Europe meant a fixture backlog which resulted in a poor run of form, domestically.

This year we're challenging for the UEFA Cup, FAI Cup and eircom Premier League. We lose our second game of the season and you boys are on here pretending to have some knowledge of what we're going through and trying to create jibes about us failing somehow.
Know your place!

We've lost one of our last 14 or 15 domestic games I wouldn't call that concentrating totally on the cup. Ridiculous logic that because you're not challenging for the title winning other trophies is invalidated. Why don't we just pull out of all competitions except the league. By the way we played 51 games last year, more than any other club so I may as well use your excuse and say we had to compete on too many fronts and our league form suffered
.I'm not pretending to know what you're going through, i don't really care, I'm just defending my own club.

Peadar
23/08/2005, 12:07 PM
There is no greater achievement. End of.

If Chelsea or Arsenal focused totally on the Champions League, I'm sure they would win it too. Instead they had domestic league and cup commitments which drew their focus.
The only way to ensure you're in the Champions League is to qualify through your domestic league. Unless of course you're Liverpool and you get the rules changed just to suit you. :rolleyes:
Pathetic and further devaluation of the competition.

I wouldn't call that concentrating totally on the cup.

You haven't won any cup yet this season.
Lets see what happens at the end of the season.

pete
23/08/2005, 12:10 PM
Moderator Warning: Cop On & patsh need to errr cop on. Ye can continue your argument in PMs as i don't think anyone else wants to read it.

patsh
23/08/2005, 1:11 PM
Moderator Warning: Cop On & patsh need to errr cop on. Ye can continue your argument in PMs as i don't think anyone else wants to read it.

Sorry Pete, I won't do it again, sir, honest....:p

Dublin 5 Hoop
23/08/2005, 1:14 PM
For all their trail blazing in Europe, and the zillions spent there's nothing to show for it. And all they can do is come on here and abuse us for being FOURTH in the table.

:rolleyes: One thing to say to you and thats "Welsh pub team" ;)

pete
23/08/2005, 1:29 PM
Sorry Pete, I won't do it again, sir, honest....:p

Using the appropriate level of respect means i'll let you off this time. They as long as you know your place. ;)

Colm
23/08/2005, 9:58 PM
I was going to put some of Cop On's posts in the Rubbish section but I actually feel sorry for these poor deluded Longford fans.

They'll be forever jealous of the big clubs and they're ambition will never exceed a mid table finish in the league and the odd cup run which qualifies them for another oppurtunity to embarass the league in Europe.

Dublin 5 Hoop
24/08/2005, 7:31 AM
Oh surprise, surprise. A Hoops fan living in the past !!

You'll probably have to play your 'home' games in Wales in a few years time when you've exhausted the goodwill of every other club in the land.

No Im pointing out the fact that your club has been a disgrace to the league when playing in Europe. Im not talking about Rovers or its proud history at all.