PDA

View Full Version : Cawley & Deano

Bertie
08/08/2005, 10:10 AM
We were very lucky to get the 3pts on Sat night (well done Digger!) but I was well impressed with the combination of Cawley and Deano in the middle for the last 30mins of the game. If there's enough movement up front I think Cawley is the man to play well balanced through balls.....always good to get a back 4 running back towards there own goals...hopefully they'll get a few games together and keep it going....will mean John Martin can play on the wing where I think he's at his best........

Maz
08/08/2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah I think everyone was impressed with the combination of the two lads in midfield after the game the other night. Cawley is a great signing imo, always in control.
Mooney looks good too upfront, hopefully he will be the consistant goalscorer we are lacking

Arsene About
08/08/2005, 12:28 PM
Whats mooney background and where was he signed from? great result the other night, hope we can maintain this form and fourth spot

Xlex
08/08/2005, 4:23 PM
David Mooney

Forward - Another player who came up through the SRFC Schoolboys section. Dave always had a keen eye for goal and scored twice against Kingdom Boys when Rovers won the FAI Under 17 Cup in 2002. After an impressive run with the Under 21s, Dave, who hails from Tallaght, made his debut at home to Longford Town on 6th April last year. He was U21 Player of the Year for 2003.

From www.shamrockrovers.ie (http://www.shamrockrovers.ie)

Xlex
08/08/2005, 4:43 PM
He has four goals, scored against Drogheda, Derry, Pats and Shelbourne

In the games against Drogs, Derry, and Shelbourne, Rovers won by one goal.

He nearly scored twice against Bohs. He clearly has an appetite and he'll certainly be a favourite if his debut is anything to go by. Imagine the pace himself and Barrett could bring to a front line.

Something on the end of Cawleys excellent passing....

the 12 th man
08/08/2005, 4:46 PM
Imagine the pace himself and Barrett could bring to a front line.

I believe we might not see Shane for a couple of months still with that eye injury :(