PDA

View Full Version : Bennets best position

pete
04/04/2002, 11:26 AM
Anyone else think its a bad move playing him at right back?

Kind of strange to change what effectively was an attacking midfielder to a right back. Seems he just being used there cos he fast.

We currently have a 2 former fullbacks (Colin & Greg) in midfield already.

IMO Colin O'Brien would be best tried out in his original position of right back

joe
04/04/2002, 11:28 AM
I wonder if Murphy is playing him at right-back in preparation for Alan Reynolds' arrival ????

pete
04/04/2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by joe
I wonder if Murphy is playing him at right-back in preparation for Alan Reynolds' arrival ????

If next season is dependant on Reynolds arrival we in worse situation than i thought we were. I'm sure hes not too bad but would he be that much better than we already have in the squad?

niamh
04/04/2002, 12:35 PM
It is a bit of odd one really. Let's just hope it was just a case of no one else who was fit could play there.

Colm
04/04/2002, 1:27 PM
The reason Bennett has been playing at right-back is due to Gregs outstanding form in centre-mid coupled with Alan Carey's alkle injury. I have to agree its not his best position.

ccfcman
04/04/2002, 1:36 PM
right mid but after ohallorans performance against monaghan i think that he and o grady should play in the center?!?!?!?

Troy.McClure
04/04/2002, 5:51 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Bennett is actually quite good at right back (even though its easier for him to get OG's :o )

How is he in any way, shape or form an attacking midfielder? I dont think that he is the best really, Id rather him on the bench.

patsh
05/04/2002, 7:05 AM
Can anyone tell me what has happened to Stephen Napier?
Is he injured, retired, got a case of Guntheritis, what....?:(

Troy.McClure
05/04/2002, 9:52 AM
Gunteritus I think, but didnt he break his nose a month or two back aswell?

joe
05/04/2002, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Can anyone tell me what has happened to Stephen Napier?
Is he injured, retired, got a case of Guntheritis, what....?:(

he broke a toe a while back

Éanna
09/04/2002, 12:56 PM
benno's a midfielder- I hate it when managers start arsing around with players positions, particularly managers with a very high level of stupidity and tactical retardedness

Troy.McClure
09/04/2002, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
I hate it when managers start arsing around with players positions

Wasn't Jonny C a full back origionally? David Beckham was origionally a centre midfield player also if Im not mistaken.

Sometimes tinkering around with players can be quite benificial to the team (eg O'Haloran in midfield). Bennet was put there coz we were stuck for a bit of cover, and I think that it worked out quite well.

Éanna
10/04/2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Sometimes tinkering around with players can be quite benificial to the team (eg O'Haloran in midfield)
Greg WAS a central midfielder all the way up from schoolboys until DB put him at full-back.

joe
11/04/2002, 10:13 AM
anyway, wasn't his debut (not counting Munster Senior Cup) on the right wing against CSKA, or should I say Arsenal?

Pablo
11/04/2002, 10:23 AM
It was actually. And he had a great game too if memory serves.

Troy.McClure
11/04/2002, 11:13 AM
I dont think that he is creative enough for the wing. Right back or center mid are his best positions. He cant run like Ollie, or pass like Paul Byrne, but he can tackle the fcuk out of the opposition!:eek:

Éanna
11/04/2002, 12:57 PM
centre-mid is probably his best position. I think thats where he's happiest as well.

ccfcman
11/04/2002, 2:33 PM
centre mid