PDA

View Full Version : Bray to play Newcastle on Tuesday

BrayZil
07/08/2005, 10:30 AM
Bray are playing Newcastle Utd in a friendly on Tuesday night in the Carlisle Grounds. The friendly was just confirmed last night. Details should be up on the official site later today.

lowflyingseagul
07/08/2005, 8:07 PM
bray reserves, seeing as how we're playing bohs 2 days later

Rocky Rules
07/08/2005, 9:18 PM
Bray Unknowns, perhaps - 21s have a game Tuesday as well - and lots of injuries in both squads

Rocky Rules
08/08/2005, 8:21 AM
Any one know the status of Season tickets Tue (can I guess...?)

BrayZil
08/08/2005, 8:52 AM
Season tickets don't cover the match tommorrow.

lowflyingseagul
08/08/2005, 11:48 AM
ofcourse they don't hence i won't be there

BrayZil
08/08/2005, 1:18 PM
Can’t win with some people! The season ticket only covers League Cup and Eircom League matches, hence why it’s so cheap.

People in the club have been working their ass off to get a good Premiership team over to rasie some funds and for the sake of €15 some of our regular fans won’t turn up! It would normally cost the equivalent of €50 to see Newcastle play in St James. I can’t understand why people are so petty. The tickets aren’t over priced. Its €15 for adults and €8 for children/oaps and students. It will be a great night in the Carlisle tomorrow.

Roo69
08/08/2005, 1:30 PM
Can’t win with some people! The season ticket only covers League Cup and Eircom League matches, hence why it’s so cheap.

People in the club have been working their ass off to get a good Premiership team over to rasie some funds and for the sake of €15 some of our regular fans won’t turn up! It would normally cost the equivalent of €50 to see Newcastle play in St James. I can’t understand why people are so petty. The tickets aren’t over priced. Its €15 for adults and €8 for children/oaps and students. It will be a great night in the Carlisle tomorrow.

Agreed.

It actually also says it on the front of the season ticket what matches it covers yet people keep asking does it work for friendly matches :rolleyes:

sligoman
08/08/2005, 1:32 PM
:rolleyes: stingy **** :D

BrayZil
08/08/2005, 1:39 PM
Agreed.

It actually also says it on the front of the season ticket what matches it covers yet people keep asking does it work for friendly matches :rolleyes:

You know yourself, you can't please everyone! You'll always have someone complaining. I buy a season ticket every year and I think its great value and as you said, it says on the ticket it doesn’t cover friendliess. This match is a fundraiser and our fans should all pull together and buy a ticket. I'm looking forward to the match myself.

EnDai
08/08/2005, 1:46 PM
Pity I can't make this. Start moving into Bray on Wednesday, be nice to see the new local team in more action, but Tuesday night is a no go for me! :( Bah!

BrayZil
08/08/2005, 1:48 PM
Pity I can't make this. Start moving into Bray on Wednesday, be nice to see the new local team in more action, but Tuesday night is a no go for me! :( Bah!

Ah well maybe next time. Shels fans are always very welcome in the Carlisle! By the way us Bray fans normally drink in the Hibo after matches which is just over the DART tracks on the left. You could make that your new local!

EnDai
08/08/2005, 2:07 PM
When I can't get to Shels games I'll be in the Carlisle (provided Bray are playing there that evening), thats a given! ;) I'm sure I'll call in for a few, can't keep me away from boozers for very long, unfortunately! :)

Best of luck tomorrow! :D

superfrank
08/08/2005, 7:51 PM
Would go but I am of the poor student-type, that UCD fella got the name before me.

I don't see how Devo can play the first-team. We have a good chance of beating Bohs on Thursday so he should rest all players he plans on involving in that game.

PS I will be going to Dalyer on Thursday night. :o

ccfcgirl
09/08/2005, 9:01 PM
Bray1-7 Newcastle ,hopfully it brought in money for Bray

superfrank
09/08/2005, 9:42 PM
I see Franco scored. That's one good thing.

Dyl10
09/08/2005, 9:42 PM
The score line is very flattering! Bray gave them a really good go. It was 3-1 at half time and that was with most of newcastles first team against most of brays first team but then bray swapped what looked like there whole starting 11 and newcastle only made 1 maybe 2 changes. So basically newcastle destroyed brays under 21 team and it wasn't a pumelling like the result shows. Btw that geargiescu fella is pure class and scored the goal

superfrank
09/08/2005, 9:57 PM
Match report here (http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~697078,00.html)

KK77
10/08/2005, 7:55 AM
The score line is very flattering! Bray gave them a really good go. It was 3-1 at half time and that was with most of newcastles first team against most of brays first team but then bray swapped what looked like there whole starting 11 and newcastle only made 1 maybe 2 changes. So basically newcastle destroyed brays under 21 team and it wasn't a pumelling like the result shows. Btw that geargiescu fella is pure class and scored the goal

In fairness the whole game Newcastle never left first gear it was a total practice game for them they could have beaten Bray any score they wanted regardless of what team we had out.

BrayZil
10/08/2005, 8:44 AM
What a fantastic night in the Carlisle! Good turnout too, must have been around 5,000 or so? Bray played very well especially in the first half. Skippy made a great save for the peno, top drawer! I thought McGovern and young Maurice Dunne both had good games but overall the whole team did quite well. Bray had a few good chances in the first half to go ahead, Kevin O'Brien should have at least scored! Franco is class, another good goal from him. I reckon Newcastle will struggle in the Premier again this year unless they bring in a few players. I don’t think their squad is big enough.

KK77
10/08/2005, 9:27 AM
I know it was only Bray but i thought Newcastle played well what about Dyer pure class

Roo69
10/08/2005, 9:27 AM
The 1st half was quite entertaining and we put on a good preformance, particially McGovern and Lynch.

Could'nt give 2 flutes about the result being honest! we put on a great show at such short notice and everyone involved really did the club proud.

The main thing is that we made a few bob from it........

I reckon about 4500/5000 people were at the game so it was defo a nice little earner for us through ticket sales, programme sales, food + beverages and anything sold from the club shop.

It was actually Newcastle that asked us to play as well, not the other way round :D

KK77
10/08/2005, 10:00 AM
i always care about the result no matter who we play

Rocky Rules
10/08/2005, 10:22 AM
Great night, good entertainment, great job by all locals, plenty of Geordies,Saw Freddie Shepherd wandering by munching a sandwich - atmosphere uk clubs wd die for, Souness (!) telling jokes,autographs no prob.Healthy few bob, good performances (don't 4get Rochie) ...What's not to like?

Answer - the 2 or 3 brain-dead gob****es who booed Moore early on 'cos he used to play 4 Rangers! (get a life!)

seagulls nest
10/08/2005, 10:22 AM
The result wasnt important but a great nights entertainment for everyone involved with bray, tomorrow nights game is massive. to be fair there there was some decent performances last night regardless of the result,thought jody was excellent,gifford done well too as did franco. was very surpised with how well a couple of the under 21s played last night, i hadnt seen them play this season and a couple didnt look out of place which is very pleasing,maurice dunne played pretty well and the number 15(roche i think) who came on for jody put in a good display. Roll on 2moro nights game 1 nil bray i think.

Roo69
10/08/2005, 10:34 AM
The result wasnt important but a great nights entertainment for everyone involved with bray, tomorrow nights game is massive. to be fair there there was some decent performances last night regardless of the result,thought jody was excellent,gifford done well too as did franco. was very surpised with how well a couple of the under 21s played last night, i hadnt seen them play this season and a couple didnt look out of place which is very pleasing,maurice dunne played pretty well and the number 15(roche i think) who came on for jody put in a good display. Roll on 2moro nights game 1 nil bray i think.

Yep i would have to agree with ya, but i have been saying it for ages now, i've seen a lot of the U21's over the past few seasons and the team has been the same for a while, there all still pretty young and have so much potential. There top of there own leage at the moment and look like winning it and into the quarters of the cup with a home draw Vs. Cobh later this month. Shaping up to be a very good season for them.

Hopefully a few of them get the chance they deserve in the 1st team soon enough.

Hannigan, Ivory, Roche, Tyrrell, Zambra and Lacey would'nt be out of place in our 1st team squad.

seagulls nest
10/08/2005, 10:42 AM
just seen their league table in bray people(won 7 and lost 1), alot of those players have been playing 21s for a few years,i pursume this is their last year under 21s, so will the club let them walk at the end of the year? they cant sign all of them. you obviously follow the 21s closely Roo so who will be signed at the end of the season?

Roo69
10/08/2005, 10:59 AM
just seen their league table in bray people(won 7 and lost 1), alot of those players have been playing 21s for a few years,i pursume this is their last year under 21s, so will the club let them walk at the end of the year? they cant sign all of them. you obviously follow the 21s closely Roo so who will be signed at the end of the season?

Actually quite a few of them will be able to play again next season which is great, a lot of them are 19/20. It's hard to say who they will sign, the 1 majot problem with the U21's is the physical size difference, they are not the biggest side in the world. But as i said the likes of Hannigan, Ivory, Roche, Tyrrell, Zambra, Lacey, Synnott and Dunne would not be out of place in the 1st team squad. Colfer and left back Murphy are also a very useful players

seagulls nest
10/08/2005, 11:08 AM
well last night was a great expericnce and for a few id say it was their first game for the first team, evenif they never played again they will always remember that game! Id have to agree with you roo they wouldnt look too out of place in first team squad, on a positive note i have to say the centre half who came on for jody is an absolute flyer,its very rare these days to find a cente half with pace.put in some good tackles on milner and ambioli. As for dunne he is very very skilfull,but a bit light.will he start again on thurs i wonder?

Roo69
10/08/2005, 11:20 AM
well last night was a great expericnce and for a few id say it was their first game for the first team, evenif they never played again they will always remember that game! Id have to agree with you roo they wouldnt look too out of place in first team squad, on a positive note i have to say the centre half who came on for jody is an absolute flyer,its very rare these days to find a cente half with pace.put in some good tackles on milner and ambioli. As for dunne he is very very skilfull,but a bit light.will he start again on thurs i wonder?

Mick Roche came on for Jody, yeah he has bags of pace, strange thing is that he used to be a right winger before he signed for Bray but was converted into a centre half...... Himself and Tyrrell make a great partnership

seagulls nest
10/08/2005, 11:29 AM
that would explain where the pace comes from lol. well hopefully the 21s get something out of their season,it would be great for their manager and former player john finnegan, could he be the nxt 1st team manager? heard he knows his stuff....results speak for themselves no?

Dyl10
10/08/2005, 1:35 PM
Boumsong at the back for Newcastle was woeful! God help him if he is marking Henry :p

KR's Post
10/08/2005, 1:44 PM
Answer - the 2 or 3 brain-dead gob****es who booed Moore early on 'cos he used to play 4 Rangers! (get a life!)

I wonder who it was.... :confused: :mad:

KK77
10/08/2005, 2:24 PM
Boumsong at the back for Newcastle was woeful! God help him if he is marking Henry :p

You must have been at a different game to me so as i thought he looked strong at the back especially in the air as did anyone i spoke to today who was at it

Rocky Rules
10/08/2005, 3:02 PM
Absolutely right re future potential

Note Robbie Dunne back from injury. Pity Ryan Davis gone but Graham McNamee, Peter McGee and Wayne Byrne also due back to boost 21s shortly.

Roo69
10/08/2005, 3:30 PM
Absolutely right re future potential

Note Robbie Dunne back from injury. Pity Ryan Davis gone but Graham McNamee, Peter McGee and Wayne Byrne also due back to boost 21s shortly.

As i said in a different post i did'nt see much of Ryan Davis but he was'nt getting into the squad so i don't think he'll be a great loss, but best of luck to him in the future.......

KK77
10/08/2005, 3:58 PM
Has Hugh Davey left????

Roo69
10/08/2005, 4:07 PM
Has Hugh Davey left????

I heard a roumer he has gone back to the states but not 100% sure on that ? i seen him down in IMC a few weeks back. I'll try find out what the craic is thou........

KK77
11/08/2005, 7:53 AM
Cheers