PDA

View Full Version : Galway 1-Sligo 1

Conor H
05/08/2005, 9:49 PM
Very unlucky not to get all 3 tonight.We hammered them for almost the whole game bar just after they scored.Good goal for sligo but totally against the run of play.We hit the crossbar,missed a peno aswell as alot of sitters :rolleyes: .Can't fault the lads they gave it everything...bring on the Dubs!
Also Sean Connor is a ******!

TopOfTheLeague
05/08/2005, 10:52 PM
Also Sean Connor is a ******!
ya rite ye ye only wish that ye had a manager of seans calibre :D :D :D

The Stars
05/08/2005, 11:00 PM
Just one comment to make on the game and that is the Ref.
When it was clearly a Rovers ball,he would give ye a free and the other way around.
I know we complain about them every week but if we are constantly doing it there must be something wrong...

sligoman
05/08/2005, 11:50 PM
derek o brien clearly dived in the box but thats football

O'Brien is a bit of a cheat in my opinion. He was diving a lot tonight, trying to get what he could from the ref and then he has the cheek to go over and taunt Sean Connor at the end of the game. Scumbag! :mad:

The County Dawg
06/08/2005, 1:26 AM
To be honest i think a draw was probably a fair result for both teams !

!!!
When someone from Sligo says that he really means......."thank fcuk we survived that and managed to steal a point in the bargain".

Rovers1
06/08/2005, 12:43 PM
shows yer ambitions when yer happy with a draw!!! :D :p :rolleyes:

Rovers1
06/08/2005, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Conor H]Very unlucky not to get all 3 tonight.We hammered them for almost the whole game bar just after they scored.QUOTE]

:eek:

oh my god!! waht game where you at???

:rolleyes:

We outplayed ye for the whole first half!!!!

Conor H
06/08/2005, 1:06 PM
[QUOTE=Conor H]Very unlucky not to get all 3 tonight.We hammered them for almost the whole game bar just after they scored.QUOTE]

:eek:

oh my god!! waht game where you at???

:rolleyes:

We outplayed ye for the whole first half!!!!
Bull****! :mad: Yere goal was totally agaist the run of play we hammered yee .....Very lucky to get a draw and i didn't hear yee all night.Probably caus we were so loud with the drums and all that.

sligoman
06/08/2005, 1:09 PM
Probably caus we were so loud with the drums and all that.
:D :D

Conor H
06/08/2005, 1:19 PM
:D :D
Sligoman you know well we were.We sand through out the whole game.Yee sang one song about 4 times..."the rovers" :rolleyes: .Fair play yee had a big number down but we made way more noise.

1 9 2 8
06/08/2005, 1:24 PM
I don't think one drum and 9 or 10 teenagers counts as really loud Conor H :rolleyes:

sligoman
06/08/2005, 3:56 PM
Sligoman you know well we were.We sand through out the whole game.Yee sang one song about 4 times..."the rovers" :rolleyes: .Fair play yee had a big number down but we made way more noise.

Yes ye sang a bit but if I was a Galway fan, I would of been disappointed with the "atmosphere" ye created

jambo08
06/08/2005, 4:13 PM
did any1 read what lally was sayin in on the website. i think it was a bit harsh dat the 2 front men 2 fullbacks and goughie didnt get a mention. it came across as it was just dem players.im not sayin lally is wrong. im just saying since he mentioned dat many he mite aswell mentioned dem all.

Conor H
06/08/2005, 4:16 PM
I don't think one drum and 9 or 10 teenagers counts as really loud Conor H :rolleyes:
I don't either..what's your point. :confused:
All i Know is we certainly had alot more than that singing.Also yere hardly one's to talk about creating an atmospher..are yee :rolleyes: .Yee make no noise home or away and yee get bigger crowds.

De Town
06/08/2005, 4:19 PM
Jaysus lads, why does nearly every game involving Galway, Sligo or Dublin end up in a slagging match about who made more noise?

Conor H
06/08/2005, 4:22 PM
Jaysus lads, why does nearly every game involving Galway, Sligo or Dublin end up in a slagging match about who made more noise?
Your just jealous caus no one ever involves yee in a slagging match about who made more noise. :D

Conor H
06/08/2005, 7:31 PM
Ask patrick Dunne..he will tell ya all you need to Know.The trust do run the lotto,provide the programme aswell as run the bus.They do more but not to sure on all of it.

Patrick Dunne
07/08/2005, 12:11 PM
1,008. As the Sligo Rovers fans were segregated it was possible to accurately estimate their number, 150-200, a large travelling support.

Galway United Supporters Trust :

Publish match programmme
Distribute match posters
Run website
Run weekly Lotto
Provide stewards for home game
Run club shop
Run buses to away games
Run buses to international games
Allocate international tickets to GUFC supporters
Provide a monthly revenue stream to GUFC

The club relies heavily on off-field commercial income eg season ticket sales, sponsorship, annual fundraising events. Our current annual turnover is approx. E500,000.

Breifne
07/08/2005, 12:40 PM

Yeah, i noticed this as well, but it seems to me like the common denominator is Sligo. Any thoughts anyone.

Galwayexile
07/08/2005, 4:49 PM
its terrible,some sligo fans on this boards site are full of themselves and think that they have the devine right to be top of the league.Didnt sean connor give out lately about the lack of atmophere in the showgrounds.

Galwayexile
07/08/2005, 7:37 PM
sean conner the scorn of the league after he stuck two fingers up at fans at the galway sligo match

sligoman
07/08/2005, 9:25 PM
sean conner the scorn of the league after he stuck two fingers up at fans at the galway sligo match
It's great how quick all ye Galway fans forget. As I have said already, Lally did the exact same thing in the Showgrounds after ye lost 4-1. Although from what I can remember, I think PD was the only one on here that was at that match, even though ye have terrific support! :rolleyes:

Rovers1
07/08/2005, 9:51 PM
Rover1 you will not attack GUFC fans like that, but especially when its me your attacking as well, your banned for good from posting on our forum again :mad:
Terry
GUFC Mod.

Galwayexile
08/08/2005, 7:42 AM
lads i apologise if i annoyed some sligo fans, dont let this get into a slagging match.We are both even now with both managers sticking fingers up at their fans.

Sligoman i wasnt implying to you as i know your a genuine fan and i respect your views.

Ps i couldnt go to the match as i live in dublin now :(

sligoman
08/08/2005, 12:38 PM
We are both even now with both managers sticking fingers up at their fans.Agreed! ;)

Sligoman i wasnt implying to you as i know your a genuine fan and i respect your views.Ok, no problem. Anyway the game is over now, it's time to forget about it. I'm finished talking about it :)

Ps i couldnt go to the match as i live in dublin now :(Hence the name Galwayexile?:confused: :D

gufct
08/08/2005, 1:16 PM
for protesting over Gerry Carrs Elbow in the face for Barry Moran which broke his nose and he was spat on by sligo fans as he made his way from the bench.

What Saen Connor did showed what a **** he was and could have started a riot if he did it in most other grounds unfortunately the referee or the observer didnt see the fool but our security people did and brought it to the referees attention after the game.

Redzer
08/08/2005, 3:44 PM
What Saen Connor did showed what a **** he was and could have started a riot if he did it in most other grounds unfortunately the referee or the observer didnt see the fool but our security people did and brought it to the referees attention after the game.
I could not condone what SC did, so dont get me wrong. If he did it, he is a fool, and if it is proven then he should get his punishment.
But I saw a female Sligo fan coming down to our section at halftime with a few bottles of coke both hands. She was very distressed. I overheard her telling some friends that Galway supporters had spat at her on the way down. I told her friends to inform the Galway security. I dont know what happened after that.
I hope she did inform the security guys.

Eire06
08/08/2005, 3:58 PM
I could not condone what SC did, so dont get me wrong. If he did it, he is a fool, and if it is proven then he should get his punishment.
But I saw a female Sligo fan coming down to our section at halftime with a few bottles of coke both hands. She was very distressed. I overheard her telling some friends that Galway supporters had spat at her on the way down. I told her friends to inform the Galway security. I dont know what happened after that.
I hope she did inform the security guys.

I'm sorry but I cannot believe that..If thats what you heard so be it but I can't see that happening in Terryland.. We were well up for the craic but as far as I know none of the lads would spit on a girl like that..
I could be proved wrong.. but without proof I refuse to believe a true Galway United supporter acted like that :eek:

Patrick Dunne do you know of any complaints like this made by a Sligo fan?

gufct
08/08/2005, 4:14 PM
from anyone except the sean connor incident and some not too nice things roared at Eric by some fools who should be sorted out by srfc.

The game was a great advertisement for el soccer and the atmosphere was brilliant so i hope this is the start of some decent relationship between the 2 clubs and lets not have a few people jibing each other on the internet blow the rivalry into something it isnt.

Personally it would be Shams and Shels i would hate more than other el teams. :mad:

Patrick Dunne
09/08/2005, 12:18 AM
.. behaved themselves impeccably. As gufct said, the spitting incident was not reported to any of our stewards. Both gufct and I were at a stewards briefing after the game.

It could have happened, no-one can legislate for morons.
One GUFC supporter spitting at a SRFC supporter doesn't make us all thugs.
One SRFC supporter giving Eric Lavine racist abuse doesn't make all Sligo supporters racists.

I wouldnt be too bothered about the Connor "fingers" incident, it only reflects badly on him.

Yawn ! :rolleyes:

PD.

sligoman
09/08/2005, 12:23 AM
One SRFC supporter giving Eric Lavine racist abuse doesn't make all Sligo supporters racists.Exactly, we have coloured players too so if we were all racist then I think it would be obvious at every game in the Showgrounds too.

Patrick Dunne
09/08/2005, 12:40 AM
.. club has non-white players doesn't mean that club doesn't have racist supporters.

There is a high chance that one inbred, moronic, imbecilic cretin out of a crowd of 1,000 people will shout a racist remark at an opposition (or home) player. While this would annoy me, it wouldnt surprise or shock me.

On the other hand, a group of supporters shouting or chanting racist remarks, without being confronted by fellow supporters or stewards, would suggest that club has a problem.

sligoman
09/08/2005, 12:53 AM
.. club has non-white players doesn't mean that club doesn't have racist supporters.I know but what I'm saying is that if a lot of our fans were racist then we would hear more of it in the Showgies.

On the other hand, a group of supporters shouting or chanting racist remarks, without being confronted by fellow supporters or stewards, would suggest that club has a problem.Well I have yet to hear a racist remark in the Showgrounds and if there is then they are scum! :mad:

Patrick Dunne
09/08/2005, 12:57 AM
.. to Sligo Rovers, its a general point.

The only racist remarks in the Showgrounds will be directed at you from us !

sligoman
09/08/2005, 1:01 AM

The only racist remarks in the Showgrounds will be directed at you from us !Yes, HUNS!:mad:. But it looks like we have a new name for ye so :p

Fr. Jessop
13/08/2005, 6:28 PM

The only racist remarks in the Showgrounds will be directed at you from us !

:D :D :D

Fr. Jessop
13/08/2005, 6:51 PM
Well I have yet to hear a racist remark in the Showgrounds and if there is then they are scum! :mad:

There are racists and scumbags everywhere... and there's definatley been a racist remark in the showgrounds some time... so you have proved us right! :D :D :D