PDA

View Full Version : R.T.E. to screen 2 live matches!!!

Kento
05/08/2005, 4:09 PM
R.T.E. ave announced that they will be showing 2 City games in 1 week. The first is against shels on Monday 15th of August and the second is against Derry on the Friday (19th) against Derry. :D :D :D :D

daveh
05/08/2005, 10:03 PM
Dont know why theyre showing the shels game,would be much better if they showed the djurgarden game instead

Rebal Boy
05/08/2005, 10:13 PM
I'm delighted they are showing the Derry game cause I can't go up there and now atleast I'll be able to see it somewhere. Should be a cracker of a game for the TV.

thejollyrodger
05/08/2005, 11:05 PM
fair play to RTE, these are probably the biggest games of the season in the league.

harry crumb
05/08/2005, 11:43 PM
Good stuff. Its about time other fans got to enjoy Cork City in full flow. :)

radar
05/08/2005, 11:49 PM
Obviously most here will attend the Shels game but for those who cant at last a break! One question i have though regards the Derry match. No way i can travel and is there any obvious pub to go to? What a joy it would be in a Cork pub cheering on Cork at soccer in a possible league decider. Some pubs wont even have it on. If not the Brandywell where?

pete
06/08/2005, 1:46 PM
I think RTE are just showing City v Shels so less Shels fans will travel (is that possible?) so City will lose money.

Maz
06/08/2005, 1:55 PM
I think RTE are just showing City v Shels so less Shels fans will travel (is that possible?) so City will lose money.

Brilliant!! :D :D :D

Fair_play_boy
06/08/2005, 9:25 PM
I think RTE are just showing City v Shels so less Shels fans will travel (is that possible?) so City will lose money.Deffo a contender for POTM :p

Counting Crow
07/08/2005, 9:06 AM

Definately a possibility :D but do you really think that 6 people deciding to stay at home to watch the game on (probably, a stolen) TV will really make a difference to us.

Just shows how out of touch RTE are with proceedings in our League :rolleyes: :D

Have to say part of me is delighted to be able to watch the Derry game but the rest of me is concerned with our record in live games in recent years.....

.....lost to Pats 2-1 at home in a game that decided the destination of the League a few years back
.....lost to $hel$ last year 1-0 at home
.....lost away to Pats in second last game of the season to hand the title to Dolan and his lot

There are neumerous other big games. Can't think of one game where we played well and actually won on TV bar the Cup Final v $hels.

thecorner
07/08/2005, 9:46 AM
There are neumerous other big games. Can't think of one game where we played well and actually won on TV bar the Cup Final v $hels.

league game when you were away this year vs shels 2-0 ;)

Counting Crow
07/08/2005, 11:15 AM
league game when you were away this year vs shels 2-0 ;)

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

Maybe I should go away again :D

It's gonna cost you on text's / updates though. ;)

pete
07/08/2005, 7:14 PM
I think RTE are also trying to help out the Shels fans so don't have to travel again after their european travels.