PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League Summer Transfers?

Clifford
05/08/2005, 4:59 PM
Hi all

Rockmount had their first pre season game last night v Mallow, won 2-1. New signings include Terry White from Cobh Ramblers - class player, Alan O Connor from Mary's - scored two, 1st one within 2 seconds of coming on as sub, Mark Tobin from UCC - formerly St Michaels Tipp I think, looks good and tough, one other signing Gearoid, I don't know where from, but also looked good.

Going to see Fermoy v Blaney tonight, don't think either side have any new signings of note.

Any other info available?

Leaving Rockmount were Micky Deasy, to Temple I think and Coker to Marys I think.

I hear Shane "Wanchope" Hennessy, is gone to Corinthians. Good player.

A face
07/08/2005, 3:31 PM
What clubs are going up and down into what divisions ??

Clifford
08/08/2005, 9:15 AM
What clubs are going up and down into what divisions ??

This season Blarney are introduced to the Prem league, along with Carraigaline. Fermoy and St Mary's went down I think.

This season I think Temple and Fermoy will be the two to go up and I'd be surprised if Leeds, Everton or Ringmahon aren't the three involved in the relegation battle, along with the 2 clubs who came up. Although Blarney look a very composed outfit - they beat Fermoy on Friday night and looked like a decent unit. Will need to get up to speed very quickly though.

I suppose the usual suspects will battle it out at the top. One wonders if Castleview can continue surprising teams like they did last season, tough task to repeat the constant long ball stuff all season and get away with it. Avondale and Rockmount to be involved all the way also, maybe Douglas Hall or Corinthians will get up there also.

A face
08/08/2005, 4:12 PM
Where is the best place for info on the MSL ??
There is a bit in one of the supplements in the Irish Examiner (i think??) but is there anywhere else ??

razor
09/08/2005, 8:54 AM
Where is the best place for info on the MSL ??
There is a bit in one of the supplements in the Irish Examiner (i think??) but is there anywhere else ??
This section is pretty good during the season, Clifford and myself usually have the inside track between us. ;)

Clifford
09/08/2005, 9:04 AM
The evening echo does some superb work on covering the MSL. Every week without fail they seem to have some reports and all fixtures on a Mon and then a full section on Wednesday (I think, maybe Thurs).

Rockmount have signed Tommy Long from Marys I think. An experienced head to go with the young lads? Will see them play tonight so will know more tomorrow.

Clifford
09/08/2005, 9:08 AM
This section is pretty good during the season, Clifford and myself usually have the inside track between us. ;)

You better believe it. It ain't true if it ain't here eh?

razor
09/08/2005, 12:26 PM
Rockmount have signed Tommy Long from Marys I think. An experienced head to go with the young lads? Will see them play tonight so will know more tomorrow.I thought he packed it in years ago ?

Clifford
09/08/2005, 12:28 PM
I thought he packed it in years ago ?

Me too, that's why I'll wait til tonight to comment. Apparently he was playing for Marys and was in cracking form. I like you immediately thought he had retired.