PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers on TV again

Pages : [1] 2

Laker
05/08/2005, 1:24 PM
Shamrock Rovers v St Patrick's Athletic - TG4 tonite.

How many time do we have to watch rovers this season. there down the bottom of the bloody table.... its a fooking disgrace...... :mad:

sligoman
05/08/2005, 1:26 PM
How many time do we have to watch rovers this season. there down the bottom of the bloody table.... its a fooking disgrace...... :mad:
They may be down bottom but they're from Dublin so who cares :rolleyes: :mad:

hoops1
05/08/2005, 1:27 PM
only because we had 8 points deducted
if not we would be sitting mid table!however,
You have to give the viewers what they want!

rebs23
05/08/2005, 1:29 PM
Shamrock Rovers v St Patrick's Athletic - TG4 tonite.

Maybe you should pm WAR with your thoughts!

Laker
05/08/2005, 1:29 PM
what a load of bolleaux. correct me if i'm wrong but this is the fifth time this season...... The Eircom league should not allow this.

Jaime
05/08/2005, 1:31 PM
In fairness lads, the first time they were on live this season was against Bohs on the opening day, I don't think RTE could predict their season back in April!

Laker
05/08/2005, 1:32 PM
there after selling all there best players. how can TG4 justify showing them again????? there players are only getting 50quid petrol money ffs....

Laker
05/08/2005, 1:37 PM
But we want to watch a good match with good players..

Passive
05/08/2005, 1:39 PM
But we want to watch a good match with good players..

And you follow Longford?

WeAreRovers
05/08/2005, 1:42 PM
Maybe you should pm WAR with your thoughts!

:D

And I'll just pop over to TG4 and let them know.

KOH

Laker
05/08/2005, 1:44 PM
Tell Sile Seoige i was asking for her...... :D

thecorner
05/08/2005, 1:48 PM
only because we had 8 points deducted
if not we would be sitting mid table!however,
You have to give the viewers what they want!

so if you were deducted points it would only be a meaningless mid-table clash

i tell you what...munster derby tonight eh..biggest game in ireland eh!!!!proud to be a part of these games...the rebel army eh

hoops1
05/08/2005, 1:58 PM
survival has been the goal the last few years,
we will get around to returning to our rightful place
as soon as we get to tallaght!
So enjoy your success the end is near!

pete
05/08/2005, 1:59 PM
Never in the history of the eL has the bottom team in the tabel had so much media & tv coverage.

:rolleyes:

hoops1
05/08/2005, 2:07 PM
ye but only through an 8 point deduction,
and we are still the most successful club ever
now stop whingeing no one wants to watch you when your
winning or losing!

WeAreRovers
05/08/2005, 2:07 PM
Never in the history of the eL has the bottom team in the tabel had so much media & tv coverage.

:rolleyes:

To paraphrase that Brummie character in the Harry Enfield Show - "We are considerably more famous than you" :D

KOH

wws
05/08/2005, 2:09 PM
ye but only through an 8 point deduction,
and we are still the most successful club ever
now stop whingeing no one wants to watch you when your
winning or losing!

we finished top 3 with a 15 point deduction! NO EXCUSES ROVERS!

hoops1
05/08/2005, 2:15 PM
ye and how many players where you forced to sell that season ? none
were we are now on our 16th different team this month!

wws
05/08/2005, 2:17 PM
.....ehhh I think we ended up selling the lot soon after.....avoided relegation place in last home game of the following sseason :D

hoops1
05/08/2005, 2:21 PM
The following season from the deduction? your point being?
you were crap the following year and it was the deduction the year before
was the reason ok now i get you! not

exile
05/08/2005, 2:26 PM
8 points deducted just wondering does anybody think thats was lenient ? the 8 points deducted was a fudge because there is nothing in the club licensing rules to say that points can be deducted , the only punishment in the rule book is that they should have had their licencse revoked and kicked out of the league thats why it was not challenged by rovers

pete
05/08/2005, 2:32 PM
To paraphrase that Brummie character in the Harry Enfield Show - "We are considerably more famous than you" :D

RTE must be full of Rovers fans then? ;)

This Rovers famous thing is like Preston North End or Burnley or whoever else going on about all their wins in the eary 20th century :rolleyes:

wws
05/08/2005, 2:38 PM
Preston who?

EnDai
05/08/2005, 2:39 PM
Lads, be fair, they need the moola! :D

exile
05/08/2005, 2:42 PM
Lads, be fair, they need the moola! :D

car robbings down this year or was all the drugs that the gardai have intercepted :eek: :D

hoops1
05/08/2005, 2:42 PM
I like to think of it more like Liverpool!
havent won the league in years but still the most successful.
Enjoy your moment before The curse of Rico strikes!

exile
05/08/2005, 2:44 PM
the average rovers fan .................................

rovers fans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanger) :D

fosterdollar
05/08/2005, 2:45 PM
We are Rovers.
This is fcuking worse than KOH

Passive
05/08/2005, 2:45 PM
RTE must be full of Rovers fans then?

Rovers is a cult and, like any good cult, we have members placed purposely in crucial sectors of society.

We're basically the Freemasons on Bulmers.

WeAreRovers
05/08/2005, 2:46 PM
This is fcuking worse than KOH

We Are Rovers

KOH

Number 4
05/08/2005, 2:55 PM
Its like people who watch motor sport for the crashes.
TG4 are showing the match for the inevitable crowd trouble that will ensue when Rovers play :)

Roverstillidie
05/08/2005, 2:57 PM
RTE must be full of Rovers fans then? ;)

This Rovers famous thing is like Preston North End or Burnley or whoever else going on about all their wins in the eary 20th century :rolleyes:

as opposed to all the trophies you have won in the 21st?!?

not our fault that the general public would rather watch a poor rovers team than the best ever c awk side :p

wws
05/08/2005, 3:00 PM
the only irish match that ever drew a tv audience worth the name was the pats bohs semi

class game, involving Ireland's most loved tv heroes and bohemians

have it at home - pĂ­sses over anything the LoI has ever contributed to telly land

DvB
05/08/2005, 3:13 PM
We Are Rovers

KOH

:D :D :D

Koh

manic da hoop
05/08/2005, 3:50 PM
AWwwwwwwwwwwww. How unfair. The league are picking on the poor shams again. Give them their points back - plus an extra 10 for good behaviour. Lord knows, they're gonna need them.

Better still, apply the letter of the law to all clubs and revoke EVERYBODY'S Licence.

hoops1
05/08/2005, 3:55 PM
as I keep saying come back to me when your back in the first division
and all your fans disappear again! More players than supporters in longford
a couple of years back.I know because I was at more games down there
than a majority of the so called fans you have now!
Fairweather fans!

Schumi
05/08/2005, 4:00 PM
We Are Rovers
http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SOP/pdPOSOP0004.jpg

Roverstillidie
05/08/2005, 4:05 PM
Not everybody LIED to the :

so lets have a review of all the licences granted and test that theory

manic da hoop
05/08/2005, 4:18 PM
Not everybody LIED to the league & submitted the SAME accounts two years in a row . :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't think anybody is denying what the crooks who ran our club for too long did, but let he who is without sin cast the first stone. NO club in this league meets the requirements of the manual if you actually read the thing.

jorge
05/08/2005, 4:19 PM
I can understand Cork and Derry fans but Longford?

Buller
05/08/2005, 4:29 PM
We are Rovers.
"For those who understand no explanation is neccessary,
for those who don't, no explanation is possible!"
Well said northside hoop... :D

WeAreRovers
05/08/2005, 4:29 PM
http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SOP/pdPOSOP0004.jpg

Seriously Schumi, I don't get that. :confused:

Can you explain and bear in mind I'm not a South Park fan. Ta.

KOH

Slash/ED
05/08/2005, 4:37 PM
Seriously Schumi, I don't get that. :confused:

Can you explain and bear in mind I'm not a South Park fan. Ta.

KOH

For those who understand no explanation is neccessary, for those who don't, no explanation is possible

mypost
06/08/2005, 4:13 AM
And you follow Longford?

First, fans whinged that there were no matches on tv. Now when there are, they whinge that the same teams are on. Some people are never bleedin' satisfied. :mad:

Unlike in England, the current tv contract for NL games does not stipulate that x club should be shown a minimum x number of times. Glamour sells in this country. In the NL, Shels, Rovers, and Bohs sell; Longford, Waterford, and Drogheda don't. The live games shown on tv reflect that.

chosen1
06/08/2005, 12:35 PM
I think your level of glamour was well fairly represented last night indeed. A shockingly dull game. The Milk cup on ITV was miles better.

Keep On Struggling.

hoopy
06/08/2005, 3:15 PM
TV stations won't show a game from Longford simply because of the possible embarassment of having a camera pan into the crowd, only to find a few hundred people wearing ' I shot JR' t shirts

pete
06/08/2005, 3:28 PM
First, fans whinged that there were no matches on tv. Now when there are, they whinge that the same teams are on. Some people are never bleedin' satisfied. :mad:

Hows about this. Show 20 odd live games next season everyone from Turners Cross. Would that be acceptable? Clearly it wouldn't.

TV should show the best teams not those closest.

bigmac
06/08/2005, 4:40 PM
We still need to address the TV revenue issue. The income should IMO be split amongst all the teams, not just 5K to the home team. At the very least both teams playing should get some contribution.

fosterdollar
08/08/2005, 8:24 AM
TV stations won't show a game from Longford simply because of the possible embarassment of having a camera pan into the crowd, only to find a few hundred people wearing ' I shot JR' t shirts
Agreed, with all the bad publicity RTE are getting re TV Licences, etc. it makes more economic sense to screen a Rovers game and get their fill of footage for Crimeline at the same time.

liamon
08/08/2005, 8:54 AM

First, fans whinged that there were no matches on tv. Now when there are, they whinge that the same teams are on. Some people are never bleedin' satisfied. :mad: .
Hard to argue with that. at least we're gettign some coverage of the eL.
But it would be nice if one of the tv stations actually showed some of City's European games.