PDA

View Full Version : GAA founded in Thurles brothel !!

A face
05/08/2005, 2:18 PM
Can anyone confirm if the GAA was founded in Hayes hotel in Thurles which was a a well known Thurles brothel ??

soccerc
05/08/2005, 2:46 PM
Can anyone confirm if the GAA was founded in Hayes hotel in Thurles which was a a well known Thurles brothel ??

Yep,

Founded in said Hotel in 1884 by Michael Cusack and Maurice Davin

Aberdonian Stu
05/08/2005, 5:05 PM
Hmm I'd never heard about a brothel connection.

On a not too dissimilar note Amsterdam was formed around a pub!

CollegeTillIDie
06/08/2005, 12:53 AM

Yes it was founded by a bunch of cute hoors.... :D

Troy.McClure
07/08/2005, 7:07 PM
Hmm I'd never heard about a brothel connection.

If you've ever been in there on a Saturday night I think you would know what A face means ;) although Im not sure you really have to pay for the services of the ladies there :p

hamish
07/08/2005, 8:02 PM
If you've ever been in there on a Saturday night I think you would know what A face means ;) although Im not sure you really have to pay for the services of the ladies there :p

Same with most towns really.

On a roughly similar theme, this town of mine is goin' to hell.

Ran out of milk at around 2.30am this morning and, mad for a cup of tea, hobbled down a quarter mile to the nearest 24 hour shop. En route, I passed by a young lad and a young one screwing each other senseless in the FRONT LAWN of a house. The bloody racket they made. At first I thought it was someone having a fight or something. It was impossible to avoid the feckers - they might as well been doing it in the middle of the fcuking road - obviously "privacy" ain't in their dictionary.
Rather embarrassed and looking as far away as possible, I tried to quietly shuffle by and had gone a few yards when the young one roared after me, "Hey, Hamish, how's it goin'?" I ignored them and kept going.
Haven't a clue who she was but I have to admit I was fcuking mortified. She must live near me and recognised me 'cos of my walking stick or something.

Has bonking now become a spectator sport or what? There is a big bloody wood across the road from where they were performing plus loads of flats, cars, sheds nearby. Couldn't they not have gone there??
That wood (Garbally College owns it) has stood me, and most of Beeslow, in good stead over the years - I'd be safe in saying three quarters of the town's and hinterland's population has been conceived in those woods over the years.I really hate it when this kind of thing happens. I know I sound old fashioned but that couple had/have no respect for themselves and were probably p!ssed.

From now on I'll make sure I have plenty of milk in on Saturday nights 'cos I'm not going down that road on that night again.

Green Tribe
08/08/2005, 12:58 AM
:D :p

pete
08/08/2005, 9:34 AM

Ran out of milk at around 2.30am this morning and, mad for a cup of tea, hobbled down a quarter mile to the nearest 24 hour shop. En route, I passed by a young lad and a young one screwing each other senseless in the FRONT LAWN of a house. The bloody racket they made. At first I thought it was someone having a fight or something. It was impossible to avoid the feckers - they might as well been doing it in the middle of the fcuking road - obviously "privacy" ain't in their dictionary.
Rather embarrassed and looking as far away as possible, I tried to quietly shuffle by and had gone a few yards when the young one roared after me, "Hey, Hamish, how's it goin'?" I ignored them and kept going.
Haven't a clue who she was but I have to admit I was fcuking mortified. She must live near me and recognised me 'cos of my walking stick or something.

Has bonking now become a spectator sport or what? There is a big bloody wood across the road from where they were performing plus loads of flats, cars, sheds nearby. Couldn't they not have gone there??
That wood (Garbally College owns it) has stood me, and most of Beeslow, in good stead over the years - I'd be safe in saying three quarters of the town's and hinterland's population has been conceived in those woods over the years.I really hate it when this kind of thing happens. I know I sound old fashioned but that couple had/have no respect for themselves and were probably p!ssed.

From now on I'll make sure I have plenty of milk in on Saturday nights 'cos I'm not going down that road on that night again.

MOTM nomination.

:eek:

hamish
08/08/2005, 10:56 PM
MOTM nomination.

:eek:

I presume Pete the first M stands for MUG. :D

sligoman
09/08/2005, 1:03 AM

Ha ha, just seen this now, quality post Hamish;) :D

hamish
09/08/2005, 1:24 AM
Ha ha, just seen this now, quality post Hamish;) :D

Didn't mean it like that TBH Sligoman. It jusy happened and I was a nit miffed about those two clowns making eejits of themselves. (In that case I'm glad I deleted a post I made in the daft things we did in the past thread...only M@ttitude saw it TG) But on a serious note...............
What might have happened to the girl if a gang of drunks came upon them like what happened in Clare. Remember the blokes who got big sentences lately?
There is a taxi firm I regularly use and one of the drivers - a nice lady only over from England last year, very nice person and hardy but was dragged by a bunch of cnuts last week into a local public toilet and gang raped. This happened in the Town centre.....surely there must have been a few around who might at least have called the cops to help her.........the Garda station is only a few yards away.

sligoman
09/08/2005, 1:32 AM
There is a taxi firm I regularly use and one of the drivers - a nice lady only over from England last year, very nice person and hardy but was dragged by a bunch of cnuts last week into a local public toilet and gang raped. This happened in the Town centre.....surely there must have been a few around who might at least have called the cops to help her.........the Garda station is only a few yards away.****ing *******s! :mad:

hamish
09/08/2005, 2:57 AM
****ing *******s! :mad:

Sad thing is Sligoman, that my godson, currently in China, worked in that area and is a second dan in Karate...he's doing three other martial arts as well right now and is 6ft 3in.
I know that if he was there he'd have taken the whole fcuking lot of them apart and ensured their schlongs would be inoperable for eons to come 'cos he did it before when a similar thing almost happened.
Like me, he's a quiet lad but won't stand by when this kind of thing happens.

Thunderblaster
12/08/2005, 12:46 AM
If the GAA was founded in a Thurles brothel, how come there was never an All Ireland Championship in prostitution?? GAA President Sean Kelly could present the Nuala Murphy Cup to Smutty Slutty, captain of the Mayo prostitute team after defeating Dublin in the final. :D :p

hamish
12/08/2005, 3:16 AM
If the GAA was founded in a Thurles brothel, how come there was never an All Ireland Championship in prostitution?? GAA President Sean Kelly could present the Nuala Murphy Cup to Smutty Slutty, captain of the Mayo prostitute team after defeating Dublin in the final. :D :p

What about that ex-Kildare footballer.........Bill Sex. :D