PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2005/06

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

summervilleman
03/10/2005, 10:23 AM
Good result Abbeyvale..Cappa going well this year....who scored for ye???

abbeyvale
03/10/2005, 12:24 PM
Good result Abbeyvale..Cappa going well this year....who scored for ye???

Derek Hannon, Paul Lyons & Len O'Grady

Thunderblaster
03/10/2005, 10:52 PM
New manager in charge of Peake Villa is Demot Finnan, am I correct in saying so??

Huge coup if Dermot Finnan has took on the reigns of Peake Villa. As anyone knows they are a massive club that is going in the right direction and if Finnan is shrewd enough with them, come May, the FAI Junior Cup may be coming to Thurles.

ddiggler
04/10/2005, 8:51 AM
Hi Lads, does anyone know if the fixtures for the Roscommon/Leitrim section of the Junior cup are correct on the FAI website for the 15/16 october? We are due to play a team that we supposedly got a walkover against in the first round cos they folded as a club!

water boy
04/10/2005, 9:07 AM
Huge coup if Dermot Finnan has took on the reigns of Peake Villa. As anyone knows they are a massive club that is going in the right direction and if Finnan is shrewd enough with them, come May, the FAI Junior Cup may be coming to Thurles.

EARLY STAGES YET...WOULDN'T SPEAK TO SOON ABOUT THEM WINNING IT

abbeyvale
04/10/2005, 9:14 AM

TB
Relax will you, he has won 1 game and now all of a sudden he is going to win the FAI!!!!

jug2004
04/10/2005, 11:10 AM
sure enough peake had a good win the wknd and the word is official that finnan has taken over... i've seen them this season and they are a poor comparison to other seasons, best player left for michaels..and they are a very small side also..hard to see them progressing far in the comp

jug2004
04/10/2005, 11:12 AM
oh yeah was at the peake/michaels game... as a neutral it was the best 5 euro i've ever paid inot a game..would willingly do it again :)

tipp man
05/10/2005, 11:50 AM
Firstly, any team that loses to Clonmel Celtic will NOT win National honours and I too was at the game in Cooke Park on saturday night and it was quite honestly the worst game of football played this season. Saints were awful; no punch up front. The conditions didn't help much but nonetheless two bad teams on show.

summervilleman
06/10/2005, 10:17 AM
any hot tips for the FAI this year???

the only 1
06/10/2005, 10:22 AM
any hot tips for the FAI this year???

yep summerville two get knocked out early again:D

Spongey
06/10/2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Lads, does anyone know if the fixtures for the Roscommon/Leitrim section of the Junior cup are correct on the FAI website for the 15/16 october? We are due to play a team that we supposedly got a walkover against in the first round cos they folded as a club!
You must be an ericcson player. Ye got a walkover against MCR. The draw on the fai website is the full 2nd round draw but any fixture in that round that wasnt involving winners of a 1st round tie were played the same day. You wont have a fixture that day.

Terry
06/10/2005, 10:33 AM
Connacht Junior Cup First Round at 2.00.PM

* Loughrea 2-1 Colga FC at Loughrea * 11.00.AM

* Dunmore Town 2-1 Mannions Fc at Dunmore * 11.00.AM

* CB Trotters 2-0 Ballinakill at Castleblakeney * 11.00.AM

* Kiltullagh 2-1 Cregmore C.Galway at Kiltullagh * 11.00.AM

East United 4p-3p Inver (Mayo) at Castle Park

Tuam Celtic 3-1 Drumnacool (Sligo) at Tuam

Dynamo Blues 2-0 Lisnamult (Roscommon) at Tuam

St Endas 1-3 Ballyglass (Mayo) at Bullaun

Mac Dara 2-0 Bal;lina United (Mayo) at Carraroe

St Ellens 2-0 M.C.R. (Sligo) at Cahertymore

St Bernards 0-1 Chafpool Utd (Sligo) at Abbeyknockmoy

Medtronic 4p-5p Fahy Rovers (Mayo) at West Park

West Coast Utd 3-0 Lough Harps (Roscommon) at Tullycross

Oranbay 90 2-4 Calry Celtic (Sligo) at Maree Oranmore

Cresent Utd 3-0 CP Ajax (Roscommon ) at Mervue

West United 2-1 Augannagh Celtic (Sligo at South Park

Glenisland Utd 4-2 Oranmore at Kilgarve Glenisland Castlebar

Catlebar Utd 8-0 Bawn Celtic at Moneen Castlebar

Cloonamahon Cel 0-5 St Patricks at N.W.H.B Grounds Cloonamahon Co Sligo

Mulranny United 3-0 Samba Celtic at Curraun Achill Co Mayo

Ballygawley Cel 3-1 Crumlin FC ar Ballygawley Co Sligo

Ahascragh Utd 1-3 Kilshanvey Utd at Church St Ahascragh Co galway

Lacken Utd 2-0 Cois Farraige at Beltra Carrowmore, Lacken Ballina

Bangor Hibs 4p-5p Moyne Villa at Ballybeg Park Bangor Erris Co mayo

Ballyvary B.Bom 3-1 Gurteen at Keelogues Ballyvary Co Mayo

City United 1-2 OLBC atSean Fallon Park Cranmore Sligo

abbeyvale
06/10/2005, 11:15 AM
Fai Fixtures For Limk Section (last 40)

Sunday 09/10/05
Kilfinane V Star
Shanonn V Prospect/priory
Holycross V Dromore
Pike V Lisnagry
Parkville V Park
Southend V Distillery
Ul/aa V Killmallock
Boro V View
Athlunkard V Abbey
Balla V Kennedy Pk
Dines V Carew Pk
Bilboa V Caherdavin
Htown V Weston
Kilteely V Hyde
Coonagh V St.patricks
Moyross V Summerville
Shels V Knockainey
Newport V Hill Celtic

Sunday 16/10/05
Regional V Corbally
Murroe V Mungret

summervilleman
06/10/2005, 5:34 PM
yep summerville two get knocked out early again:D

Well u mightn't be to far off there but we will give it a go anyways!!!
Moyross 1st hurdle!!!

Thunderblaster
07/10/2005, 7:17 AM
TB
Relax will you, he has won 1 game and now all of a sudden he is going to win the FAI!!!!

TSDL is still a much stronger league than many. If they do not progress much further in the competition, I think that Finnan will do a job on them. He may beef up the squad with imports from Limerick. You just don't know.:confused:

Unreal Madrid
07/10/2005, 7:29 AM
TSDL is still a much stronger league than many. If they do not progress much further in the competition, I think that Finnan will do a job on them. He may beef up the squad with imports from Limerick. You just don't know.:confused:

You must be jokeing!

Apart from Clonmel Town and St Michaels (who must be weaker to not get out of Tipp) you have Oldbridge (Clonmel Town B), Rock Rovers (Good players play for Carrick, Rock have a worse on field reputation than Carew), Peak Ville (Graet team a few years ago until Tommy G got a hold of them and all their young players from their cracking minor team left, Don't think Finnan will get them anywhere), Bansha (St Micks C), Clonmel Celtic ( Is'nt this 2 clubs that came together? The players that could'nt make the Clonmel Town squad in the 1st place 2 get rejected!)

Clonmel Town could go far if the draw is good to them, forget the rest.

tipp man
07/10/2005, 9:08 AM
Though it pains me to say it, Unreal Madrid is spot on. The dissapointing thing about the defeat of Saints is that they were a team that were well capable of getting to the last eight or even the last 4. Their defeat last weekend doesn't make them a bad team. They are the holders of the Munster Junior Cup after all. Peake will not make it to the last 8 even if the draw is kind to them. Clonmel Town have not made it out of Tipperary in this competition for three years now so its a make or break season (in FAI Junior Cup terms) for them. They have a squad which is much much stronger than last year and have plenty of options on the bench. Word is they have an outstanding new player from eastern Europe but more about that later on. The TSDL is getting more and more uneven. Saints and Clonmel Town are improving but everyone else is going backwards. Soon all the other teams will just be feeder teams for the perceived big two and that is in no ones interest. I would be optimistic about Clonmel Towns season and I would expect Saints to go all out to retain their Munster Junior Cup esp after what happened them last weekend. Don't write them off after one bad night.

abbeyvale
07/10/2005, 11:53 AM
Fai Fixtures For Limk Section (last 40)

Sunday 09/10/05
Kilfinane V Star
Shanonn V Prospect/priory
Holycross V Dromore
Pike V Lisnagry
Parkville V Park
Southend V Distillery
Ul/aa V Killmallock
Boro V View
Athlunkard V Abbey
Balla V Kennedy Pk
Dines V Carew Pk
Bilboa V Caherdavin
Htown V Weston
Kilteely V Hyde
Coonagh V St.patricks
Moyross V Summerville
Shels V Knockainey
Newport V Hill Celtic

Sunday 16/10/05
Regional V Corbally
Murroe V Mungret

20 winners from the above to play 10 games
Then 10 winners to play 5 games with those 5 winners going into the open draw (out of town)

Unreal Madrid
07/10/2005, 2:07 PM
dont worry abt it alan ur teammates wont get dat far

i c u tnk ur stl usn a fon :eek:

Unreal Madrid
09/10/2005, 10:19 PM
The sports news on 95fm gave about 10 mins to Desmond League and then about 47 seconds to all LDMC results so this is what I got.

FAI Round 2

Kilfinane 0 1 Star
Shannon 2 3 Prospect
Holycross beat Dromore (I think 1 0)
Pike beat Lisnagry ( 7 ish 0)
Parkville 0 Park 8 ish
southend v Distillery (who cares)
Aisling 7 or 8 0 Kilmallock
Boro v View Off
Athlunkard 2 1 Abbey
Balla 6 0 Kennedy Park
Dines 0 3 Carew Park
Caherdavin beat Bilboa
Herberstown beat Weston Villa
Kilteely 2 1 Hyde
St Pats beat Coonagh (I think 2 0)
Moyross 1 1 Summerville (Abandoned, maybe Summerville man can fill us in?)
Shels 2 0 Knockainey
Newport 2 3 Hill Celtic (Newport were 2 up)

So, in last 20 you will have 7 prem, 3 from 1a, 3 from 1b, 3 from 2a (I think Kilteely are in 2a.
At least another 2 from outside Prem with winners of Southend / Moyross games.
Winner of Regional v Corbally (Corbally going for 2nd prem scalp after Granville)
Winner of Murroe v Mungret (Mungret lost to Regional in Prem League yesterday 3 0 so you never know.)

ddiggler
10/10/2005, 9:13 AM
You must be an ericcson player. Ye got a walkover against MCR. The draw on the fai website is the full 2nd round draw but any fixture in that round that wasnt involving winners of a 1st round tie were played the same day. You wont have a fixture that day.

Cheers Spongey!

jug2004
10/10/2005, 9:50 AM
i see ye are all talking about the draw there for the limerick league fai, excuse my ignorance but where are fairview in this draw may i ask, as for the peake villa thing thats gone belly up already, back to there normal selves this weekend going out of the munster junior to a first division team

CousinSylDolan
10/10/2005, 10:13 AM
i see ye are all talking about the draw there for the limerick league fai, excuse my ignorance but where are fairview in this draw may i ask

Boro vs View off

Janesborough vs Fairview was called off last Sunday and is now being played next Sunday the 16th.

tipp man
10/10/2005, 10:26 AM
Peake Villa knocked out of Munster Junior Cup by first division Cahir Park. The revolution lasted one week!

jug2004
10/10/2005, 12:13 PM
it will take a while for peake villa to get going i think, one week is not enough when your workin with a crowd of headers like finnan has. i hear Paul Hoare has signed for them already, great addition to their side already. If finnan keeps bringin in players of his qualtiy they may go far in the FAI:cool:

Unreal Madrid
10/10/2005, 12:37 PM
it will take a while for peake villa to get going i think, one week is not enough when your workin with a crowd of headers like finnan has. i hear Paul Hoare has signed for them already, great addition to their side already. If finnan keeps bringin in players of his qualtiy they may go far in the FAI:cool:

Who's Paul Hoare :confused:

kingpin
10/10/2005, 1:51 PM
Though it pains me to say it, Unreal Madrid is spot on. The dissapointing thing about the defeat of Saints is that they were a team that were well capable of getting to the last eight or even the last 4. Their defeat last weekend doesn't make them a bad team. They are the holders of the Munster Junior Cup after all. Peake will not make it to the last 8 even if the draw is kind to them. Clonmel Town have not made it out of Tipperary in this competition for three years now so its a make or break season (in FAI Junior Cup terms) for them. They have a squad which is much much stronger than last year and have plenty of options on the bench. Word is they have an outstanding new player from eastern Europe but more about that later on. The TSDL is getting more and more uneven. Saints and Clonmel Town are improving but everyone else is going backwards. Soon all the other teams will just be feeder teams for the perceived big two and that is in no ones interest. I would be optimistic about Clonmel Towns season and I would expect Saints to go all out to retain their Munster Junior Cup esp after what happened them last weekend. Don't write them off after one bad night.
your probably a town supporter judging by this post, i wass just wondering how clonmel are stronger this year. Have they signed new players? I know they lost two to carrick utd. do you think they were loss to yee?

tipp man
10/10/2005, 2:06 PM
your probably a town supporter judging by this post, i wass just wondering how clonmel are stronger this year. Have they signed new players? I know they lost two to carrick utd. do you think they were loss to yee?

Not a Town or a Saints supporter to be honest. Just enjoy watching football in South Tipp. I am not sure that Clonmel Town's first 11 are any better than last year but there are lots more options on the bench. John Shanahan is back from Kilkenny City and his brother Paul is back from injury. Paddy O'Donnell has signed from Clonmel Celtic and while he wont make the first 11 he has tons of pace and would be an impact sub if they were trying to chase the game. Landers broke his coller-bone last year and missed the majoirty of the season so his return is like a new signing. The defections are not that bad as the team has a much better balance this year than last. The mood amonst the players also seems better and there seems to be less sniping going on behind the scenes. Lastly, I haven't seen Ian Barnes ever play better. A young Slovakian called John something unpronounceable is on the verge of making his debut. Some paperwork still to be sorted. I haven't seen him play as he hasn't played competitivly for Town yet but by all accounts he is outstanding and only 21. Technically superb I'm told. The players that Town have lost were not Town players out and out and so I wasn't too surprised to see them leave. One after only one season back from Freebooters and the other after only one season, having previously been with Clonmel Celtic. Remember Town lost striker Moroney at the start of last season and it didn't hurt them too much.

kingpin
11/10/2005, 3:18 PM
Not a Town or a Saints supporter to be honest. Just enjoy watching football in South Tipp. I am not sure that Clonmel Town's first 11 are any better than last year but there are lots more options on the bench. John Shanahan is back from Kilkenny City and his brother Paul is back from injury. Paddy O'Donnell has signed from Clonmel Celtic and while he wont make the first 11 he has tons of pace and would be an impact sub if they were trying to chase the game. Landers broke his coller-bone last year and missed the majoirty of the season so his return is like a new signing. The defections are not that bad as the team has a much better balance this year than last. The mood amonst the players also seems better and there seems to be less sniping going on behind the scenes. Lastly, I haven't seen Ian Barnes ever play better. A young Slovakian called John something unpronounceable is on the verge of making his debut. Some paperwork still to be sorted. I haven't seen him play as he hasn't played competitivly for Town yet but by all accounts he is outstanding and only 21. Technically superb I'm told. The players that Town have lost were not Town players out and out and so I wasn't too surprised to see them leave. One after only one season back from Freebooters and the other after only one season, having previously been with Clonmel Celtic. Remember Town lost striker Moroney at the start of last season and it didn't hurt them too much.
Thanks for that,you say you follow south tipp football. Even though carrick united are in the waterford league, you might of seen them play a bit. How do you rate them compared to saints and town

abbeyvale
11/10/2005, 4:04 PM
dont worry abt it alan ur teammates wont get dat far

At least we're through to the next round

abbeyvale
11/10/2005, 4:06 PM
The sports news on 95fm gave about 10 mins to Desmond League and then about 47 seconds to all LDMC results so this is what I got.

FAI Round 2

Kilfinane 0 1 Star
Shannon 2 3 Prospect
Holycross beat Dromore (I think 1 0)
Pike beat Lisnagry ( 7 ish 0)
Parkville 0 Park 8 ish
southend v Distillery (who cares)
Aisling 7 or 8 0 Kilmallock
Boro v View Off
Athlunkard 2 1 Abbey
Balla 6 0 Kennedy Park
Dines 0 3 Carew Park
Caherdavin beat Bilboa
Herberstown beat Weston Villa
Kilteely 2 1 Hyde
St Pats beat Coonagh (I think 2 0)
Moyross 1 1 Summerville (Abandoned, maybe Summerville man can fill us in?)
Shels 2 0 Knockainey
Newport 2 3 Hill Celtic (Newport were 2 up)

So, in last 20 you will have 7 prem, 3 from 1a, 3 from 1b, 3 from 2a (I think Kilteely are in 2a.
At least another 2 from outside Prem with winners of Southend / Moyross games.
Winner of Regional v Corbally (Corbally going for 2nd prem scalp after Granville)
Winner of Murroe v Mungret (Mungret lost to Regional in Prem League yesterday 3 0 so you never know.)

For what it's worth Distillery won on peno's

tipp man
11/10/2005, 8:36 PM
Thanks for that,you say you follow south tipp football. Even though carrick united are in the waterford league, you might of seen them play a bit. How do you rate them compared to saints and town
I see a lot of Carrick and they have the beating of any Junior team in Ireland. Cleary and McSherry seem to have knitted in well, and their squad - like that of Clonmel Town, is better than last year. If the Fitzgerald boys start firing then anything can happen. One thing is for sure, come April 2006 - they won't be as tired as they were in April 2005. Expect a repeat of their FAIJC and MJC cup runs of 2004.

francesco_1
11/10/2005, 11:52 PM
New to this site would just like to say up the celts...(hill celtic) we'll survive the drop this year!!!!

lim abroad
12/10/2005, 12:41 AM
do you play for hill celtic?

francesco_1
12/10/2005, 12:43 AM
do you play for hill celtic?

I do indeed,we'll stay up

kingpin
12/10/2005, 10:30 AM
I see a lot of Carrick and they have the beating of any Junior team in Ireland. Cleary and McSherry seem to have knitted in well, and their squad - like that of Clonmel Town, is better than last year. If the Fitzgerald boys start firing then anything can happen. One thing is for sure, come April 2006 - they won't be as tired as they were in April 2005. Expect a repeat of their FAIJC and MJC cup runs of 2004.
it's great to see that there is two quality teams within a few miles that are able to mix it wiht the best in the country. Having played against town in the last two outings i cant but think if only they had a more reliable keeper. They would pose a more serious threat in national competitions, they have by far a lot more football than saints. How are the two coady's getting on with town?

ShelsLimerick
12/10/2005, 11:40 AM
I do indeed,we'll stay up

How are you finding playing for Tommy Lynch?

We have Eddie Hickey this season.

jug2004
12/10/2005, 12:33 PM
Towns keeper has his mad moments alright(seen abit of him last year), but by all accounts he's mean't to be playin really well this year, they seem to be conceeding far less goals than last year, alan coady seems to be going well alot sharper i hear this year..don't know how the brother is getting on

HuRya
12/10/2005, 1:08 PM
boro to cause a shock at the weekend?what do you think lim abroad?

tipp man
12/10/2005, 2:08 PM
it's great to see that there is two quality teams within a few miles that are able to mix it wiht the best in the country. Having played against town in the last two outings i cant but think if only they had a more reliable keeper. They would pose a more serious threat in national competitions, they have by far a lot more football than saints. How are the two coady's getting on with town?
Alan is forming a good partnership up front with McHugh. I have only seen the brother play once this year and he looks decent enough. That said I dont think he is starting regularly enough so it remains to be seen if he is satisfied with that. No one is really guarenteed a starting place with Town this year as they ahve so many options. As for the keeper, he looks a lot more solid this year. Perhaps its all a confidence thing. Attempts to lure a certain keeper from down the road came to nothing so now thats out of the way, Ryan has played well. Needless to say, he is only as good as whats in front of him and the Town defence is playing well also. The Town keeper had a great day in the league game against Saints.

widow
12/10/2005, 2:31 PM
The Town keeper had a great day in the league game against Saints.

who won that?

francesco_1
12/10/2005, 4:42 PM
How are you finding playing for Tommy Lynch?

We have Eddie Hickey this season.

Tommy is a great manager,eddie hicky is a great trainer prob better then tommy but come sunday morning eddie dont get the respect tommy gets because he can get the team going when needed with the "hairdryer"

eddie's a sound bloke no him well and has the goalkeeper training which is a big help.

abbeyvale
12/10/2005, 10:19 PM
New to this site would just like to say up the celts...(hill celtic) we'll survive the drop this year!!!!

(Well he did his job at shel's his job was to win promotion and he did and we also got to a cup final with a not so great team,)

Your quote above was taken from your last reply on Transfer Rumour thread!!!!!!!!

Now you say, you/Hill Celtic will stay up, So you've obviously moved with Tommy or are you Tommy himself!!!! (Mr.Motivator) !!!!!!!

francesco_1
13/10/2005, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE=abbeyvale](Well he did his job at shel's his job was to win promotion and he did and we also got to a cup final with a not so great team,)

Your quote above was taken from your last reply on Transfer Rumour thread!!!!!!!!

Now you say, you/Hill Celtic will stay up, So you've obviously moved with Tommy or are you Tommy himself!!!! (Mr.Motivator) !!!!!!![/QUOTE

Moved up with tommy up to the big league!!!

tipp man
13/10/2005, 8:19 AM
who won that?
Clonmel Town won 2-0 in Cooke Park about 6 weeks ago. Both sides were missing a few.

Unreal Madrid
13/10/2005, 8:35 AM
[QUOTE=abbeyvale](Well he did his job at shel's his job was to win promotion and he did and we also got to a cup final with a not so great team,)

Now you say, you/Hill Celtic will stay up, So you've obviously moved with Tommy or are you Tommy himself!!!! (Mr.Motivator) !!!!!!![/QUOTE

Moved up with tommy up to the big league!!!

No, he's not Tommy.

Lets see, Shels to Caherdavin (could not get on there) back to Shels and now to Celtic in 3 years. (pot calling kettle black, at least Abbeyvale moved around prem)

This is the same guy that signed 2 forms at the start of the season with Shels and Celtic and got suspended for 6 weeks (what a t*t). So your experience in the big league is maybe 2 games :o . Have you ever even won a prem game:eek: .

Welcome to foot.ie Cos.

tralee_dynamo
13/10/2005, 9:46 AM
Tralee Dynamos are playiing Glin Rovers at 2.30 on Sunday in Tralee...
Does anyone know how good they are?...as far as I know they are a desmond league team

CousinSylDolan
13/10/2005, 12:55 PM
Tralee Dynamos are playiing Glin Rovers at 2.30 on Sunday in Tralee...
Does anyone know how good they are?...as far as I know they are a desmond league team

1 NEWCASTLEWEST 5 5 0 0 23 3 20 15
2 BROADFORD UTD 5 2 2 1 9 8 1 8
3 GRANAGH UTD 5 2 1 2 8 11 -3 7
4 RATHKEALE 4 2 0 2 7 5 2 6
5 FOYNES 5 1 2 2 10 13 -3 5
6 BALLINGARRY 3 1 1 1 4 4 0 4
7 ABBEYFEALE UTD 4 1 1 2 4 6 -2 4
8 KILDIMO UTD 3 0 2 1 3 4 -1 2
9 BRESKA ROVERS 3 0 2 1 4 10 -6 2
10 GLIN ROVERS 3 0 1 2 5 13 -8 1

Currently bottom of the Premier in the Desmond. 3 games they have played are

Newcastle West 7-1 Glin
Glin 2-4 Granagh
Glin 2-2 Foynes.

Wont be up to much and cant see them causing ye any problems...

Now what can you tell me about Killarney Celtic. We (Bunratty, Clare) travel to play them on Sunday in the FAI.

Prem Rep!
13/10/2005, 1:17 PM
Also, any information on Lisselton Rovers who we (Bridge United) play on Sunday.
We are fairly depleted though with injuries for the weekend!