PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Gert Muller
30/01/2006, 1:13 PM
Will be a tough game alright. Killester were the best team we played on our way to lifting the trophy last year. Very, tight and well organised with good quality all over the park. As far as I know there are no injury worries for the Coveys.

Gert Muller
30/01/2006, 1:25 PM
Forgot to mention that the Ballyheane fixture is also off next weekend. Anyone know why?

UL Boys
30/01/2006, 1:53 PM
One Of The Aisling Lads Getting Married

sligo1
30/01/2006, 2:07 PM
If they have played more than 5 games at senior level- so Castlebar can play 4 of these players.There is another rule that says if a player hasn't played senior for 5 years, he can be regraded to a junior player.That might apply to Dykes.Anyway, it all seems fairly complicated but I'm sure castlebar would have everything in order - time will tell.

Gert Muller
30/01/2006, 2:20 PM
Hope so, it's great to have 3 Mayo sides in the last 16 (hopefully!).

leather
30/01/2006, 2:23 PM
If they have played more than 5 games at senior level- so Castlebar can play 4 of these players.There is another rule that says if a player hasn't played senior for 5 years, he can be regraded to a junior player.That might apply to Dykes.Anyway, it all seems fairly complicated but I'm sure castlebar would have everything in order - time will tell.

the new rule states that any player that has not played senior football in the previous 12 months atomatically becomes an amatuer player.. dont know if this is the same as regrding but seems to be...

HuRya
30/01/2006, 4:19 PM
The hearing for the Carew Park objection will take place this Thursday night, February 2nd at FAI HQ in Dublin.

Gert Muller
30/01/2006, 4:25 PM
the new rule states that any player that has not played senior football in the previous 12 months atomatically becomes an amatuer player.. dont know if this is the same as regrding but seems to be...

Think this applys to domestic games ie county and provincial leagues and not the Junior Cup!?

Dr Mad
30/01/2006, 5:20 PM
Dungarvan beaten 1-0 at home by Ita's yesterday? True or False?

clean sheet
30/01/2006, 6:03 PM
Salthill Devon into last 16 with 2-1 over Valley Park United.

How did Waterford Crystal do?

they are not playing until saturday away to dean celtic.
it will be tough for them but with keeper derek hearne and striker
joey watson and martin tyan they should come through

renovater
30/01/2006, 7:23 PM
Hope so, it's great to have 3 Mayo sides in the last 16 (hopefully!).

yOUR COMMENTS ARE NOTED

renovater
30/01/2006, 7:27 PM
YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE 12MTS HOWEVER YOU HAVE TO BE REINSTATED TO JUNIOR STATUS IF ITS IN THE SAME SEASON THEN THE LEAGUE REGRADES YOU AFTER rULE 42

renovater
30/01/2006, 7:29 PM
The hearing for the Carew Park objection will take place this Thursday night, February 2nd at FAI HQ in Dublin.
I HERE FRIDAY

mossy
31/01/2006, 9:28 AM
:ball:
One Of The Aisling Lads Getting Married
Does this mean that the match is going ahead on the following week - end ?
I hear that ye have turned the corner this season and are now flying in the league . Is this True ?. The Heane will be a hard nut to crack particularly with their potent strike who are very quick and nimble. Are ye travelling over night or other ? The Don Seems to be the Heane man on this Forum. so he may be the man to contact directly !
Have a good day at the wedding and does this mean that he will be gone on the honeymoon for the match ?:rolleyes: ;)

UL Boys
31/01/2006, 12:39 PM
Y a the match is on sunday week..Ya we are going well got a few players back from injury and shipped out a few players that should not have been playing and we got a few from the college ..its mainly players that have been with us for awhile...there is a few supporters going up on the night before but we are going up that morning i think ..ya we heard about the strong and weak parts of the ballyheane team so who knows its all on the day and the referee but we fancy our chances..we will enjoy the wedding and no he will not be missing for the match ..how far is balylheane from the nearest main town???..is there a pub near the ground???

swinfordfc
31/01/2006, 12:41 PM
Y a the match is on sunday week..Ya we are going well got a few players back from injury and shipped out a few players that should not have been playing and we got a few from the college ..its mainly players that have been with us for awhile...there is a few supporters going up on the night before but we are going up that morning i think ..ya we heard about the strong and weak parts of the ballyheane team so who knows its all on the day and the referee but we fancy our chances..we will enjoy the wedding and no he will not be missing for the match ..how far is balylheane from the nearest main town???..is there a pub near the ground???

Castlebar nearest town and best place for a pint too only 8 mins down the road :D

UL Boys
31/01/2006, 12:46 PM
Sound man ..Thanks for that..

Happy Zapper
31/01/2006, 1:19 PM
Whats the Ballyheane pitch/set up like?

Happy Zapper
31/01/2006, 1:24 PM

a pub? those ul boys would want a Bistro and a Michelin 3 star restaurant

UL Boys
31/01/2006, 1:46 PM
Funny man..i didn't realise you knew us all.As i said we have only 2 college lads the rest are limerick lads all working away..

Happy Zapper
31/01/2006, 3:16 PM
Funny man..i didn't realise you knew us all.As i said we have only 2 college lads the rest are limerick lads all working away..

working on their tans more like. Best of luck in Mayo, hope the ref is fair, like that will happen.

renovater
31/01/2006, 6:32 PM
along way bring a 6 pack for company its along road home to limerick:rolleyes:

renovater
31/01/2006, 6:34 PM
Whats the Ballyheane pitch/set up like?
one of the best in mayo

The Don
01/02/2006, 8:01 AM
..there is a few supporters going up on the night before but we are going up that morning i think ..ya we heard about the strong and weak parts of the ballyheane team so who knows its all on the day and the referee but we fancy our chances..we will enjoy the wedding and no he will not be missing for the match ..how far is balylheane from the nearest main town???..is there a pub near the ground???

Referee not going to be a problem because they are going to be from outside the league, either Galway or Sligo I presume. We'll probably both end up complaining!. Castlebar is about 5 mins drive away and you can see 2 pubs from the pitch.

UL Boys
01/02/2006, 9:46 AM
Thanks...We are used to bad referees so it should be fun....

Gert Muller
01/02/2006, 10:23 AM
My dad (an infamous hard man of Mayo football) used to tell that there are two basic rules of football:
1. The Referee is a b*ll*cks.
2. Never tell him.

I have to say that this was usually what I lived by on the pitch when I was playing but in recent years my perspective has changed a bit.

To get the best out of a player, particularly a youth player, when coaching, you should always be encouraging when speaking to the player. All players (should) want to improve.

I had a conversation I had with a referee after a game recently pointed out the same theory to me regarding them. I told the ref that I didn't agree with some of the decisions he had made but thanked him for the manner in which he a refereed the game. He had allowed it to flow and used the 3 second advantage rule perfectly.

We can't have a game of football without a Referee - therefore they sould be respected. And, why do we assume that they aren't out to improve with each performance!? Who in their right mind would sign up for refereeing when you consider the abuse they get (and I do hand out my fair share). Maybe they love the game!

swinfordfc
01/02/2006, 10:26 AM
My dad (an infamous hard man of Mayo football) used to tell that there are two basic rules of football:
1. The Referee is a b*ll*cks.
2. Never tell him.

I have to say that this was usually what I lived by on the pitch when I was playing but in recent years my perspective has changed a bit.

To get the best out of a player, particularly a youth player, when coaching, you should always be encouraging when speaking to the player. All players (should) want to improve.

I had a conversation I had with a referee after a game recently pointed out the same theory to me regarding them. I told the ref that I didn't agree with some of the decisions he had made but thanked him for the manner in which he a refereed the game. He had allowed it to flow and used the 3 second advantage rule perfectly.

We can't have a game of football without a Referee - therefore they sould be respected. And, why do we assume that they aren't out to improve with each performance!? Who in their right mind would sign up for refereeing when you consider the abuse they get (and I do hand out my fair share). Maybe they love the game!

Fair points and very true

UL Boys
01/02/2006, 10:32 AM
Very true ,but it is hard to keep youre thoughts to youreself when you are 10 yards onside and the referee who is on the halfway line is telling you that you are offside,but as you say you cant have a game without a referee..

Gert Muller
01/02/2006, 10:38 AM
The Scottish referees are sponsored by SpecSavers. I've thought over the last few years that referees associations should seek sponsorship from optitians - it might add a need sence of huumour aside from the cash!

Gert Muller
01/02/2006, 11:04 AM
By the way, for any of the Killester guys travelling to Westport on Saturday Blousers and The Jester are the main football pubs, think The Jester has some sort of a promotion goin' on Saturday night. There's about 40 oubs in town so ye won't be stuck!

The Gaffer
01/02/2006, 11:36 AM
Salthill Devon into last 16 with 2-1 over Valley Park United.

How did Waterford Crystal do?
Waterford Crystal are playing this Sunday 5th in Deen Celtic @ 2.00

texas ranger
01/02/2006, 12:44 PM
Gert thanks for the info on the pubs, there are a few of us going down to taste some of the local hospitality alright? What is the Westport pitch liuke, what sort of set-up have you got?

Gert Muller
01/02/2006, 1:32 PM
Ground is good and there is always a great crowd at The Sports Park. It's only a 5 minute walk from the town centre. The ground is shared with the athletic and squash clubs and needs a bit of work but playing surface is in great nik for Sunday I've been told.

Westport is a town that is football crazy and very few of us locals have any interest in any other sport (particularly GAA). We've become famous over the last few years for our travelling support but I expect those numbers to be dwarfed for Sunday's home tie.

The Castlecourt Hotel (very Central) sponsor the club so if you and your buddys mention thet ye're down for the game and try to organise a group rate I'm sure ye'll be well looked after.

Lots of great pubs but check out Blousers and The Jester as I've mentioned, also Henehans has live gigs every weekend. All are on the main streets but if ya get stuck just ask anyone - as a toursit town we're really used to welcoming people to our beautiful town.

diablo
01/02/2006, 5:12 PM

Who or how many did ye ship out, were they that bad?

UL Boys
02/02/2006, 9:46 AM
Just dropped them them down to the c team and b team ..We have four junior teams so they are still playing away with the club and might get a run now and then at premier level..The a team have a big panel now our minors are unbeaten all year so there is a few of them coming through aswell so id say next year we will be very strong we are only finding our feet this year ..Our main aim is to stay up and maybe get a good cup run..

Happy Zapper
02/02/2006, 9:52 AM
I dont think relegation will be a problem for ULAA this year, bring in a few players for next season and you could have a good go at it.

mossy
02/02/2006, 10:58 AM
Just dropped them them down to the c team and b team ..We have four junior teams so they are still playing away with the club and might get a run now and then at premier level..The a team have a big panel now our minors are unbeaten all year so there is a few of them coming through aswell so id say next year we will be very strong we are only finding our feet this year ..Our main aim is to stay up and maybe get a good cup run..
WHO ARE MINORS ?
I DON'T PRESUME THAT YOU ARE REFERING TO THAT GHASTLY GAA TERM !!!
We in Mayo refer to MINORS as Schoolboys, Indeed most other counties do as well. From this am I to take it that a Gaa vein runs through your blood. We in Mayo like yourselves in Limerick have won s*** all in the gaelic world in the last number in decades (TBTG). So it's influence should be waning a little. However Gaa references to football matters does not bode well for the future.
As regards the Heane pubs :
1. At entrance to pitch McEvillys = Old Fashioned but homely
2. 150 yards down the road is the Punch Bowl = Big Modern building but great Guinness perhaps the best in Mayo !! No Joking
Ye will be well looked after with Soup Sandwiches Chips etc.Tea & Biscuits
But don't forget the Guinness.

UL Boys
02/02/2006, 12:51 PM
Ya id say we are safe enough this year ..We have a few coming next year but cant release names as of yet..

swinfordfc
02/02/2006, 12:52 PM
WHO ARE MINORS ?
I DON'T PRESUME THAT YOU ARE REFERING TO THAT GHASTLY GAA TERM !!!
We in Mayo refer to MINORS as Schoolboys, Indeed most other counties do as well. From this am I to take it that a Gaa vein runs through your blood. We in Mayo like yourselves in Limerick have won s*** all in the gaelic world in the last number in decades (TBTG). So it's influence should be waning a little. However Gaa references to football matters does not bode well for the future.
As regards the Heane pubs :
1. At entrance to pitch McEvillys = Old Fashioned but homely
2. 150 yards down the road is the Punch Bowl = Big Modern building but great Guinness perhaps the best in Mayo !! No Joking
Ye will be well looked after with Soup Sandwiches Chips etc.Tea & Biscuits
But don't forget the Guinness.

And Mossy knows all about the Guinness :p ;) :D

tralee_dynamo
02/02/2006, 12:52 PM
Ground is good and there is always a great crowd at The Sports Park. It's only a 5 minute walk from the town centre. The ground is shared with the athletic and squash clubs and needs a bit of work but playing surface is in great nik for Sunday I've been told.

Westport is a town that is football crazy and very few of us locals have any interest in any other sport (particularly GAA). We've become famous over the last few years for our travelling support but I expect those numbers to be dwarfed for Sunday's home tie.

The Castlecourt Hotel (very Central) sponsor the club so if you and your buddys mention thet ye're down for the game and try to organise a group rate I'm sure ye'll be well looked after.

Lots of great pubs but check out Blousers and The Jester as I've mentioned, also Henehans has live gigs every weekend. All are on the main streets but if ya get stuck just ask anyone - as a toursit town we're really used to welcoming people to our beautiful town.
We played Westport last year (lost 4-3 in last 64 of FAI) and the pitch wasn't great to be fair. The surface wasn't great and the pitch is very small - there was only about 3 yards between the edge of the box and the sideline!

However we were looked after by Westport and they helped us organise accomodation, where we stayed in the Castlecourt hotel.

UL Boys
02/02/2006, 12:56 PM
My apoligies i was..We have had a few gaa stars with us muiris gavin would be one he is currently the limerick football captain and our current midfielder john mescall was playing for limerick against kilkenny in the all ireland quarte final last year hurling..we will be in mcevillys so we like our old fashion pubs..

renovater
02/02/2006, 11:08 PM
My apoligies i was..We have had a few gaa stars with us muiris gavin would be one he is currently the limerick football captain and our current midfielder john mescall was playing for limerick against kilkenny in the all ireland quarte final last year hurling..we will be in mcevillys so we like our old fashion pubs..

I have to say the odd time i have found my self in this layed back village with its two watering holes I do have to agree the Guinness is great the sense of humour makes you feel at home from home offen main conversation would be about farming or how Mayo gaa were going to win the all Ireland. but someone out of the blue would pipe up to change the conversation How did Ballyheane do to day? the local publican would pipe up and say,"they won"

When you come to Ballyheane I won't promise you soft chat but you can look forward to good old game of football and great pint of the black stuff
DON'T FORGET TO BRING A FEW SUPPORTERS WITH YA :)

Thunderblaster
03/02/2006, 12:10 AM
Pubs wouldn't be quite as ornate as the Crown Liquor Saloon in wee Belfast.

renovater
03/02/2006, 6:42 PM
Pubs wouldn't be quite as ornate as the Crown Liquor Saloon in wee Belfast.
Oh will ya try up th where ur sense of humor

bigguy
03/02/2006, 8:17 PM
Ya id say we are safe enough this year ..We have a few coming next year but cant release names as of yet..
ul will sully play again or is he just going to let ye at it.what age is he now by the way?

soccerc
04/02/2006, 3:08 PM
Dublin Bus 0-1 Athenry FC

Second half penalty, Bus missed seven chances.

C.T.F.C
05/02/2006, 5:35 PM
Scrappy game, high on commitment but low on skill. Town won 2-1 but should have been more( the ref and linesman should have gone to Specsavers). John Shanners gave a man of the match performance. Will need a big improvement for the next round.:D

balls
05/02/2006, 6:54 PM
was there a big crowd at the local derby in clonmel. how did carrick get on today

C.T.F.C
05/02/2006, 8:43 PM
was there a big crowd at the local derby in clonmel. how did carrick get on today

Around 600- 700. Carrick were beaten 1-0 in extra time.

HuRya
05/02/2006, 10:42 PM
FAI Junior Cup 7th Round

Dungarvan 0-1 Portmarnock
Carrick Utd 0-1 Pike Rovers
Dublin Bus 0-1 Athenry
Old Bridge 1-2 Clonmel Town
Ballyheane V UL Aisling Annacotty
Castlebar Celtic V Neilstown Rgs
Salthill Devon V Deen Celtic/Waterford Crystal
Westport Utd 1-4 Killester Utd