PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Dr Mad
23/01/2006, 9:30 AM
Anyone know who Dungarvan are playing this weekend so can get a look at them? Star Rovers Man - the report in the paper seemed to say ye were well beaten and could have been more than 2-0? Also anyone got a report from the St Kevins game yesterday?

swinfordfc
23/01/2006, 9:32 AM
Draw for 7th Round

Dungarvan FC V. Portmarnock FC
Carrick Utd V Pike Rovers
Dublin Bus FC V. Athenry FC
Oldbridge FCV Clonmel Town
Ballyheane FC V UL Aishling Annacotty FC
Castlebar Celtic V Neilstown Rgs
Salthill Devon FC/Valley Park Utd V Deen Celtic/Waterford Crystal FC
Westport Utd V. Killester Utd

TIES TO BE PLAYED 4TH & 5TH FEBRUARY 2006

Some cracking games on show here. 5 teams from Connacht in last 18, how times have changed :D

tipp man
23/01/2006, 9:53 AM
Anyone know who Dungarvan are playing this weekend so can get a look at them? Star Rovers Man - the report in the paper seemed to say ye were well beaten and could have been more than 2-0? Also anyone got a report from the St Kevins game yesterday?

Report from St. Kevin's game yesterday. It was brutal stuff. Thats all you need to know

Ranger
23/01/2006, 10:04 AM
where are Old Bridge from?

abbeyvale
23/01/2006, 10:26 AM

That's why I said I think Dungarvan will give Portmarnock a game.

Dungarvan have 3 decent players, centre back (very tall and good in the air), centre mid (ginger guy called copper) and right winger (very very fast), that said I think the rest of their team are good players but these three stood out against us.

tipp man
23/01/2006, 10:34 AM
Clonmel. They play in the first division of the Tipperary Southern and District League; were relegated from the Premier Division last season.

jug2004
23/01/2006, 10:38 AM
old bridge are from clonmel also its a big local derby down there. They knew the draw before they played kevins yesterday n i have no doubt that it only added to them wanting to win against kevins. They are currently a division below clonmel town but form goes out the window in derby games especially in the FAI junior cup.I was at the old bridge kevins game yesterday it it just goes to show anyone can win a game on the day. Kevins were very poor though....not what you'd come to expect from a dublin team to be honest.the bridge scored two first half penalties after going a goal down to an OG(crackin finish outa da right full all the same)!!! Remember bridge dumped clonmel town out of this same competition last year so they know they can do it. What was pike v ballymun like does anyone know? Some great ties alright the next round pity so see many of the big teams paired together...but then thats cup football:D

the only 1
23/01/2006, 10:51 AM
pike were always in control ballymun never even got a shot on goal pike were lucky not 2have moloney sent off in the first half but need luck 2win the cup

mossy
23/01/2006, 11:49 AM
First of all Congrats to Mayo 3 teams left and 3 home draws. What a year !!
Who now are the best teams left - probably Pike/Westport/Celtic/portmarnock/clonmel/killester in no apparent order.
Westport at home are infinately worse than Westport away Pitch is very by Mayo standards. C/Bar Celtic while not pretty are awfully hard beaten. Ballyheane are work like but are carrying a few too many players forwardshave no teeth. How did Athreny lose to Manulla ? This is the second time in a month !!
Any views from Limerick re Carew ? Did the Muinteoir screw ye ?
Muinteoir = Idiotic Ref in Mayo Looks the part but in reality hasn't a clue

jug2004
23/01/2006, 12:13 PM
still 8 or 10 strong teams there mossy, you also forgot carrick united(they won't be happy bout that)only thing is some of these bigger teams will definatley be gone because of the draw westport v killester and pike v carrick. These are 4 of probably 5 best teams left along with portmarnock.And thats no disrepect to the likes of crystal,clonmel and castlebar who are all strong teams 2 i'm sure. R you sayin the westport pitch is bad...if so this will surely swing the tie in their favour against killester no? there will be 8 seriuosly competitive teams left for sure.:D

magicman
23/01/2006, 12:53 PM
carew have an objection after yesterdays defeat. castlebar's keeper was not signed in time.........an objection was sent in after the last round but the junior council decided that the keeper was signed but just was not registered.
this is like what happened to carew last year. if it goes to senior council carew will win the appeal. senior council will go by the book

Athenryboy
23/01/2006, 1:11 PM
First of all Congrats to Mayo 3 teams left and 3 home draws. What a year !!
Who now are the best teams left - probably Pike/Westport/Celtic/portmarnock/clonmel/killester in no apparent order.
Westport at home are infinately worse than Westport away Pitch is very by Mayo standards. C/Bar Celtic while not pretty are awfully hard beaten. Ballyheane are work like but are carrying a few too many players forwardshave no teeth. How did Athreny lose to Manulla ? This is the second time in a month !!
Any views from Limerick re Carew ? Did the Muinteoir screw ye ?
Muinteoir = Idiotic Ref in Mayo Looks the part but in reality hasn't a clue

Athenry beat manulla earlier in this competition, should have won yesterday in the connaught cup really but went a man down after 20 mins and that killed it more or less.good luck to manulla in it,sound lads.

any one know where the latest odds are posted??

Closed Account
23/01/2006, 1:34 PM
westport V Killester Preview (http://www.fai.ie/article012.html)

Athenryboy
23/01/2006, 2:03 PM
2006 FAI Junior Cup

Carrick Utd 9/2
Killester Utd 6/1
Pike Rovers 6/1
Portmarknock 7/1
Westport Utd 7/1
Clonmel Town 9/1
Castlebar Celtic 10/1
Deen Celtic 10/1
Salthill Devons 12/1
Athenry FC 14/1
Neilstown Rangers 14/1
Waterford Crystal 16/1
Dublin Bus 18/1
UL Aisling Annacotty 18/1
Ballyheane FC 25/1
Oldbridge 33/1
Dungarvan 66/1
Valley Park Utd 66/1

HuRya
23/01/2006, 2:57 PM
FAI Junior Cup 7th Round Draw

Dungarvan V Portmarnock
Dublin Bus V Athenry
Old Bridge V Clonmel Town
Ballyheane V UL Aisling Annacotty
Salthill Devon or Valley Park Utd V Deen Celtic or Waterford Crystal
Westport Utd V Killester Utd

"5 teams from Connacht in last 18, how times have changed."
Ya there's 7 teams from Leinster and 6 from Munster..the change must be very slow:rolleyes:

mossy
23/01/2006, 3:36 PM
[QUOTE=Athenryboy]Athenry beat manulla earlier in this competition, should have won yesterday in the connaught cup really but went a man down after 20 mins and that killed it more or less.good luck to manulla in it,sound lads.

How can you lose to Manulla after destroying Ballyheane. It makes no sense. The Heane have lost to Manulla only once in the last 18fixtures, yet ye hammered them 4 - 1 and could not defeat a Manulla side who struggled in this years Super League. Examples might help perhaps

Manulla 3 Celtic 6
Manulla 0 Westport 5
Celtic 4 Manulla 0
Westport 3 Manulla 0

As opposed to

Ballyheane 1 Celtic 2
Ballyheane 1 Westport 0
Celtic 3 Ballyheane 2
Westport 3 Ballyheane 0

Just makes no sense thats all. Had ye the same squad in all the matches or was that super striker not interested in Manulla ?
Just does not make sense
I will agree that their manager is sound Mossy is his name. Not Me, by the way and they have only just shafted him at their last AGM !!!
Anyway best of luck in the FAI Cup as 5 Connaught Clubs remaining

Athenryboy
23/01/2006, 4:00 PM
yea we had a couple of absentees yesterday, one of our best players was dismissed after the manulla striker boxed him after 20 mins and the ref only seen our man pushing him, but i must say the ref was very one sided(Mike something, i recall him reffing our college games) gave manulla everything, he was the same for gmit when i played with them gave us all the decisions, but anyway that happens in football.

we were by far the better side even with ten men but fair play to the manulla keeper, pulled off about 5-6 great saves. not to worried about the result,the footie was v good, i think the League is the main priority for us this year then the FAI cup, we lost in 2-1 ina playoff last year to mervue after leading the premier all year, so were out to make sure that doesnt happen this season.

gnasher
23/01/2006, 4:09 PM
carew have an objection after yesterdays defeat. castlebar's keeper was not signed in time.........an objection was sent in after the last round but the junior council decided that the keeper was signed but just was not registered.
this is like what happened to carew last year. if it goes to senior council carew will win the appeal. senior council will go by the book

Carew have every right to feel aggrieved, the three peno's were questionable to say the least. Check out the Mayo Junior soccer and Connaught Cup threads to read more on Ciaran Kelly and the transfer, you could find some juicy info.
I think, if I remember right, that the FAI and the Connaught FA have cleared him for all competitions.

If I were Carew i'd complain about the ref though, woefully unfair to them at times (the Carew centre half was fit to chew blocks after ten minutes, such was his disbelief at some of the decisions). It's about time ref's from other districts were used for all rounds where the draw is open. Cost more but fairer.

gnasher
23/01/2006, 4:12 PM
FAI Junior Cup 7th Round Draw

Dungarvan V Portmarnock
Dublin Bus V Athenry
Old Bridge V Clonmel Town
Ballyheane V UL Aisling Annacotty
Salthill Devon or Valley Park Utd V Deen Celtic or Waterford Crystal
Westport Utd V Killester Utd

"5 teams from Connacht in last 18, how times have changed."
Ya there's 7 teams from Leinster and 6 from Munster..the change must be very slow:rolleyes:

Not to be too hung up on this but I'd hazard a guess that there are more teams in Munster and Leinster than in Connacht three times over. What about all the 'big' teams down there? Where are they now? Oh, that's right, they're in Geography class!

Closed Account
23/01/2006, 4:23 PM
624 teams entered this year, 123 from Connacht.

Thunderblaster
23/01/2006, 7:10 PM
Carew have every right to feel aggrieved, the three peno's were questionable to say the least. Check out the Mayo Junior soccer and Connaught Cup threads to read more on Ciaran Kelly and the transfer, you could find some juicy info.
I think, if I remember right, that the FAI and the Connaught FA have cleared him for all competitions.

If I were Carew i'd complain about the ref though, woefully unfair to them at times (the Carew centre half was fit to chew blocks after ten minutes, such was his disbelief at some of the decisions). It's about time ref's from other districts were used for all rounds where the draw is open. Cost more but fairer.

Mayo referees have come under the microscope often enough and the performance yesterday from the referee was as good as the actual game-shocking!!:eek:

renovater
23/01/2006, 9:54 PM

:cool: Protest Lodged??
I have received a call today that it has been alleged that a protest has been lodged with the F.A.I. regards the eligibility of C.K. in the game which took place yesterday 6th Round of the F.A.I. Cup, I would hope that a source from the club involved might confirm.
We wait with interest.

renovater
23/01/2006, 9:59 PM
yea we had a couple of absentees yesterday, one of our best players was dismissed after the manulla striker boxed him after 20 mins and the ref only seen our man pushing him, but i must say the ref was very one sided(Mike something, i recall him reffing our college games) gave manulla everything, he was the same for gmit when i played with them gave us all the decisions, but anyway that happens in football.

we were by far the better side even with ten men but fair play to the manulla keeper, pulled off about 5-6 great saves. not to worried about the result,the footie was v good, i think the League is the main priority for us this year then the FAI cup, we lost in 2-1 ina playoff last year to mervue after leading the premier all year, so were out to make sure that doesnt happen this season.

J.d. makes sure the right ref is at manu you dont get much from them

renovater
23/01/2006, 10:03 PM

Connaght never cleared him the Fai noted that the Mayo League regraded him
not quite the same thing.
read rule-42 fai. :eek:

Thunderblaster
23/01/2006, 10:56 PM

So, if Carew do lodge an objection on Rule 42, who is going to be the sacrificial lamb out of all this morass? This would be a disaster for Celtic if Carew object on Rule 42 and it is upheld. The question is, on the flip side, if Castlebar Celtic were aware of Rule 42, why bother trying to play this guy and try to get away with it, if they knew that there could be a problem? I can sense a little bit of deja vu from this.

gnasher
24/01/2006, 7:07 AM

Do you ever actually attend matches or are you still trying to get those rule books surgically removed from where the sun don't shine?

Mpndo
24/01/2006, 7:27 AM
Does anyone think it is right that the Mayo League teams should be penalised
because they start the league 5-6 months earlier than everyone else?

In the Mayo League you cannot sign players after a certain date, 31 July?
That means a Mayo league team, according to the rule book anoraks, have to use the same squad from August to May, if they reach the Junior cup, or indeed Connaught Cup Finals. 10 months?
So what happens if you sign for a Mayo league team, between September and January, which is after the Mayo Leaque season has finished, but early enough to be eligible for the Junior Cup. Are you now signed for next seasons Mayo League.

Would the introduction of two forms be a solution. One for Local Soccer, ie Mayo League, and one for Connaught and Junior Cup. This need only be applied to Leagues who play summer soccer.

Forgive me if the dates are incorrect,.

abbeyvale
24/01/2006, 8:39 AM
2006 FAI Junior Cup

Carrick Utd 9/2
Killester Utd 6/1
Pike Rovers 6/1
Portmarknock 7/1
Westport Utd 7/1
Clonmel Town 9/1
Castlebar Celtic 10/1
Deen Celtic 10/1
Salthill Devons 12/1
Athenry FC 14/1
Neilstown Rangers 14/1
Waterford Crystal 16/1
Dublin Bus 18/1
UL Aisling Annacotty 18/1
Ballyheane FC 25/1
Oldbridge 33/1
Dungarvan 66/1
Valley Park Utd 66/1

Give me a break!!! UL/AA 16/1 what bookies are these prices from???

Also
Just to give you an indication of what Portmarnock will be up against here is a result from last Sunday's Waterford Premier League reads.....Waterford Crystal (16/1 for FAI) 1-2 Dungarvan (66/1 for FAI)....

Athenryboy
24/01/2006, 9:01 AM

Also
Just to give you an indication of what Portmarnock will be up against here is a result from last Sunday's Waterford Premier League reads.....Waterford Crystal (16/1 for FAI) 1-2 Dungarvan (66/1 for FAI)....

Ladbrokes.ie!!

leather
24/01/2006, 9:09 AM
fai Junior Cup ..... Carew Park........ Reminds me of the movie,
Groundhog day

swinfordfc
24/01/2006, 9:27 AM
624 teams entered this year, 123 from Connacht.

Great man for the stats :)

How ye fixed for Sunday big semi final against your favourite team :D

Closed Account
24/01/2006, 9:29 AM
Friendly against S&F tonight, we'll see what form is like after that. We're pretty confident though:(. My stats were a little wrong, on second count it was 115 from Connacht

Shovels OBFC
24/01/2006, 9:38 AM
Old Bridge 2-1 St. Kevins Boys

I don't quite believe it myself but the Bridge are in the last 16 and now have a home tie against Clonmel Town. This was a game of very poor quality but was entertaining if only for the rubbish defences on display.

With all due respect Tipp Man, although the bridge are clearly no world beaters, their defence did manage to keep the St. Kevins Boys attack scoreless!! (the goal was a classic OG as you know!!) Obviously gonna be a big test next time out against Town, but i think that the draw was the incentive the Bridge needed to get past Kevins. The gulf in class is obvious but on the day anything is possible and with so many ex. Town players now playing with the Bridge, they'd like nothing more than to end the FAI assperations of the mighty Town!!

Gentle Ben
24/01/2006, 10:04 AM

Also

I think you mean 18/1. I also think they will do very well in the competition, the team they have now is very different from the one that got promoted and the one that started the league. They are a match for any premier side in Limerick as recent results in the FAI and league have shown.

Park Rangers 3-0
Some Dublin outfit 4-0
Galway Hibs 4-3

If you look at the top goal scorers in limerick you will see two ULAA players in the top 4. They will finish very comfortable in the league and will reach the quarter finals of the FAI so why not have them at 18/1.

the only 1
24/01/2006, 10:10 AM
how can carew appeal thought dennis griffin+paul quinn got 6months ban how could they play sunday?

Dirk Diggler
24/01/2006, 10:12 AM
18/1 is worth a bet

Dirk Diggler
24/01/2006, 10:15 AM
how can carew appeal thought dennis griffin+paul quinn got 6months ban how could they play sunday?

the ban was back dated to the match they got sent off in....

The Don
24/01/2006, 1:09 PM
I They will finish very comfortable in the league and will reach the quarter finals of the FAI so why not have them at 18/1.

Being slightly ahead of yourself in the FAI.

widow
24/01/2006, 1:48 PM
Ballyheane away isn't an easy draw

Gentle Ben
24/01/2006, 3:08 PM
Ballyheane away isn't an easy draw

I still think ULAA will be strong enough to win that game, its only a guess. I was sure Carew would do the business in castlebar but thats football for ya.

dasher
25/01/2006, 9:21 AM
The last 16 of the FAI and now it's starting to get really serious, some cracking ties in this round but as a member of the AUL I was sorry to see Killester been drawn away to last years champions Westport in the next round, think if they had of been able to avoid a tough away draw like that and got a home tie against one of the weaker teams left it would have allowed them more time to get there big players back fit but sure that's cup football. At the moment there missing possibly there 4 best players in hayes, Murphy, keitho and charlo. Add to that they haven't been playing too well this season, and struggled to beat a team a league below them in the last round. Considering they couldn't beat Westport in there own backyard last year i can't see them doing it down there faced with around 3000 fanatical Westport fans without the players I mentioned who are the spine of their team. Porto also face a tough trip but have to admit I know nothing about Dungarvan. Porto are the masters of grinding out results however so if anyone can go away to the country and get a win they can. Porto as I see it are the strongest side left from the capital. The AUL had high hopes that either The Mun, Porto, Killester or Kevins would be able to bring the trophy back this year but with the mun and kevins gone and porto and killester with tough away games it looks like it could be another barren year for the Dubs....hope I'm wrong though

HuRya
25/01/2006, 10:04 AM
Porto as I see it are the strongest side left from the capital. The AUL had high hopes that either The Mun, Porto, Killester or Kevins would be able to bring the trophy back this year but with the mun and kevins gone and porto and killester with tough away games it looks like it could be another barren year for the Dubs....hope I'm wrong though

Cant see anything other than a Munster/Connaght win this year

Shovels OBFC
25/01/2006, 12:02 PM
Cant see anything other than a Munster/Connaght win this year

I'd have to agree with you there, i reckon the winner will come from the Carrick/Pike last 16 game. Whoever has the bottle to get through that tie will take some stopping. Carrick are my bet though. Westport should take Killester out especially if they are as below strength as was previously mentioned.

jug2004
25/01/2006, 12:38 PM
everyone seems to be talkin about carrick down in the southeast and fair play their an excellent side but for some reason this year they only seem to be scrapin by in games no? no doubt a win is a win though!whats happenin with clonmel town they have good cup pedigree in MJC final last 2 years defeating carrick in the semi last year. what about the crystal are they not as strong as last year no? and dungarvan seem to be going excellent guns at the moment,sure enough they will have it all to do against portmarnock.:D

C.T.F.C
25/01/2006, 1:15 PM
If Town use the full width of the pitch to stretch the Bridge then they should win. The obvious lack of fitness of the Bridge players will be the most tellling factor.:D

Shovels OBFC
25/01/2006, 1:27 PM
everyone seems to be talkin about carrick down in the southeast and fair play their an excellent side but for some reason this year they only seem to be scrapin by in games no? no doubt a win is a win though!whats happenin with clonmel town they have good cup pedigree in MJC final last 2 years defeating carrick in the semi last year. what about the crystal are they not as strong as last year no? and dungarvan seem to be going excellent guns at the moment,sure enough they will have it all to do against portmarnock.:D

Can't comment on crystal or dungarvan as i haven't seen them play this season but the results speak for themselves i guess. As regards Clonmel Town, i've seen them quite a few times and the only problem i can see with them is a lack of muscle up front. New foreign signing hasn't settled too well, and in my humble opinion Coady and McHugh will get roughed out it by the better defences (they'll prob put a brace each past us in the next round though!!) They do score alot of goals from midfield however. Carrick have two excellent former Town players in Cleary and McSherry that seem to be firing on all cylinders also.

C.T.F.C
25/01/2006, 1:46 PM
Can't comment on crystal or dungarvan as i haven't seen them play this season but the results speak for themselves i guess. As regards Clonmel Town, i've seen them quite a few times and the only problem i can see with them is a lack of muscle up front. New foreign signing hasn't settled too well, and in my humble opinion Coady and McHugh will get roughed out it by the better defences (they'll prob put a brace each past us in the next round though!!) They do score alot of goals from midfield however. Carrick have two excellent former Town players in Cleary and McSherry that seem to be firing on all cylinders also.

I would have to agree with your comments with regards to Mchugh, he is definetly too light to hold off stronger defenders. His best games this season have been played on the right wing. However any defender who can outmuscle Alan Coady deserves a medal. that guy is as tough as fcuk.:D

Shovels OBFC
25/01/2006, 2:02 PM
I would have to agree with your comments with regards to Mchugh, he is definetly too light to hold off stronger defenders. His best games this season have been played on the right wing. However any defender who can outmuscle Alan Coady deserves a medal. that guy is as tough as fcuk.:D

I agree that he is tough as fcuk! Wouldn't fancy meetin him down a dark alley!!, just haven't seen him hold the ball up well in any game i've seen. I may be wrong as i obviously have only been to 4 or 5 Town games this season.
As regards the bridge game, everything suggests that ye'll wallop us by 4 or 5. Fitness wise we are definately lacking as you may have seen in the last 20 against Kevins and so i'd say tightning the pitch is something we'll be looking at!!! Great hype about the game already though and that can only be a good thing

widow
25/01/2006, 2:28 PM
I'd have to fancy carrick against pike with home advantage. Is going to be a tough game. Both sides can mix it up

HuRya
25/01/2006, 2:46 PM
I'd have to fancy carrick against pike with home advantage. Is going to be a tough game. Both sides can mix it up

it'll be interesting to see what formation pat mull puts out.. he might pack the midfield with finny or pa mul up top on their own