PDA

View Full Version : 400 Club Draw - Live on Ocean FM

Petmuller
05/08/2005, 11:57 AM
The draw for the 400 Club was conducted live on the radio this morning and Rovers PRO Brendan Byrne spoke regarding the falling attendance at our home games. He blames the people of Sligo Town for not coming out to support the club. He said that the country areas are supplying the majority of the attendance. He wonders do the people of the town want a senior club anymore.
I'm from the town and I know loads of town supporters that attend games. Has the level of support dropped to the levels Mr. Byrne speaks of?
It's certainly one for debate.
Would people generally not care were the club to go out of business?

Da Real Rover
06/08/2005, 11:38 AM
Sounds ridiculous, look at our attendances there average premier clubs attendances, i am sick of them putting the blame onto the public, they should make do with what they got which isnt half bad for First Division.

sligoman
06/08/2005, 12:51 PM
I'd disagree with what Byrne is saying. I'd say the majority of supporters are from the town. Out in the country, the majority would be into the gaelic in my view.

1 9 2 8
06/08/2005, 1:17 PM
Well like someone else said in the Galway thread about the flags at the game they were all North and South Sligo flags none from town so it would look like we have more country support. But I'd find it hard to believe that we get more support from the country

sligoman
06/08/2005, 3:53 PM
Well like someone else said in the Galway thread about the flags at the game they were all North and South Sligo flags none from town so it would look like we have more country support. But I'd find it hard to believe that we get more support from the country

Yeah but that doesn't mean that there is more country supporters. After all, it only takes one person to put up a flag