PDA

View Full Version : Team News: Derry Vs. Bray

Roo69
05/08/2005, 11:48 AM
Derry City have established themselves are legitimate title challengers and trailing Cork City by four points, catching the leaders is very possible. Derry's opponents on Friday are the unpredictable Bray Wanderers and the game also sees the league's top scorers Mark Farren and Eamon Zayed will go head to head.

More (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=3342)

Bray are also without Collie James, He's brother was in a bad motorbike accident on holidays and Collie and the family have gone over to him. Best wishes and heres hoping for a full and swift recovery

lowflyingseagul
05/08/2005, 1:22 PM
may the force be with you lads, you're gonna need it

superfrank
05/08/2005, 1:30 PM
I'm really ****ed off that I couldn't go, have to wait til Thursday before I can see them again. Even that's in Dalyer.

I think the score tonight will be 2-0 to Derry, sorry for the grim predictions but maybe Derry will be kind.

Unless we've copped on and sorted out the defence, Derry are going to win easily.

Any word on Chopper?

student
05/08/2005, 1:41 PM
Chopper played sixty minutes for the 21's at the weekend V Ucd. he was then taken off. not sure why though

superfrank
05/08/2005, 1:46 PM
We need him back.

Roo69
05/08/2005, 1:51 PM
Chopper played sixty minutes for the 21's at the weekend V Ucd. he was then taken off. not sure why though

Because he was brutal ! Defo no where near full fitness and should not be even in the panel. Sure he asked could he be taken off at half time, he really strugeled. He could have been sent off before that anyway !

student
05/08/2005, 1:55 PM
I wasn't at the match Roo so ill have to take your word for it. I just saw the match report.

A good result for the 21's by the way. UCD have some excellent young players and a good few of them already have first team experience.

superfrank
05/08/2005, 2:00 PM
Robbie McGuiness is "available". Good news for the Harps game. And DJ Foley is out for Bohs.

Roo69
05/08/2005, 2:06 PM
I wasn't at the match Roo so ill have to take your word for it. I just saw the match report.

A good result for the 21's by the way. UCD have some excellent young players and a good few of them already have first team experience.

Yeah it was a great result alright, very hard fought won, i reckon from the chances UCD missed, well Hannigan saved, that they deserved at least a point out of the game, but sure thats football.

Chopper was well off the pace of the game and was at fault for most UCD attackes, he has NO pace what so ever left after all his injuries. Personally i think he's a liability on the pitch, ya just don't know what he's gona do next ! :D

McGuinness did'nt look fit either and was taken off just after McGuinness. Both are well off starting for the 1st team