PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Season Tickets

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

culloty82
28/11/2022, 3:49 PM
It seems all the Premier Division clubs, bar UCD, are already live for next season, whereas in the First, it's just Finn Harps and Galway ready so far. Kerry will presumably have a big website launch when all the merchandise is ready in the coming weeks, but the others must be waiting for the fixtures to be released?

https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/sse-airtricity-premier-and-first-division-club-season-tickets/id-4539

total hoofball
28/11/2022, 4:39 PM
From looking through the links definitely appears a number of price increases from last season and signs of more of shift towards more €20 range match night ticket prices

Shamrock Rovers, Dundalk, St. Pats and Galway from what I see definitely still offering good value for the respective general admission season tickets considering where you expect they will be in their respective divisions

nigel-harps1954
28/11/2022, 4:46 PM
Harps have easily the best priced kids tickets in the league, I'd argue. €5 for a primary school season ticket and €40 for a secondary school kid is fantastic value for money.

outspoken
30/11/2022, 10:26 AM
180 quid for Town ST. Great value given it's 15 at the gate.

Town Legend
30/11/2022, 10:48 AM
Harps have easily the best priced kids tickets in the league, I'd argue. €5 for a primary school season ticket and €40 for a secondary school kid is fantastic value for money.

As far as I can see we are letting one kid in free with an adult for the season but it's €50 for 2 kids!

brendy_éire
30/11/2022, 11:35 AM
From looking through the links definitely appears a number of price increases from last season and signs of more of shift towards more €20 range match night ticket prices

Shamrock Rovers, Dundalk, St. Pats and Galway from what I see definitely still offering good value for the respective general admission season tickets considering where you expect they will be in their respective divisions

Derry now £260 (€300), up £20. There's never really much of a saving buying one. If match tickets increase by the proportion, it'll be £16/17 next year. With virtually every match selling out last season, the club will easily get away with some price increases.

nigel-harps1954
30/11/2022, 11:56 AM
As far as I can see we are letting one kid in free with an adult for the season but it's €50 for 2 kids!

Are there kids tickets at Longford at all? Don't see it listed on the season tickets. Does student just cover all bases?

Town Legend
30/11/2022, 12:27 PM
Are there kids tickets at Longford at all? Don't see it listed on the season tickets. Does student just cover all bases?

They have family discounts - 1 adult and 2 kids is €230.
Last season they charged €5 per game for under 12's!!
The GAA even let under 12's in free locally to games here.

nigel-harps1954
30/11/2022, 5:12 PM
They have family discounts - 1 adult and 2 kids is €230.
Last season they charged €5 per game for under 12's!!
The GAA even let under 12's in free locally to games here.

Yeah that's what I meant, didn't seem to be specifically kids tickets. Thought it was a bit strange.

culloty82
05/12/2022, 12:03 PM
Can't see there being much take-up of Kerry season tickets at these prices!

2 Year Contract
05/12/2022, 12:44 PM
Can't see there being much take-up of Kerry season tickets at these prices!

Jesus that is a mental price for a first division club in their first ever season. That’s higher than a lot of Premier clubs season ticket options. Not sure how many home games will be included in it but say for argument sake there will be 18 included in that €275 ticket, that works out at over €15 per match. Meaning the season ticket will actually cost fans more money than paying at the gate each week or else match tickets are going to cost more than €15 which is crazy given the level and the facilities

EatYerGreens
05/12/2022, 1:02 PM
Season Ticket pricing seems to be the first real mistake Kerry have made. Or at least it appears so anyway - as only time will tell what the take up is.

It's a punchy price level for the First Division anyway, nevermind a brand new team in it too. Would be interetsing to know what budget they're working off of if it includes STs at that price.

culloty82
05/12/2022, 2:05 PM
Jesus that is a mental price for a first division club in their first ever season. That’s higher than a lot of Premier clubs season ticket options. Not sure how many home games will be included in it but say for argument sake there will be 18 included in that €275 ticket, that works out at over €15 per match. Meaning the season ticket will actually cost fans more money than paying at the gate each week or else match tickets are going to cost more than €15 which is crazy given the level and the facilities

Obviously, given the big difference in wages even between teams in the First, there are no hard and fast rules as to what attendance levels a club might need to break even, but given Mounthawk Park is small enough to begin with, you'd have thought a minimum average of 500 would be required, making today seem all the more like madness.

timothydec77
05/12/2022, 2:05 PM
KERRY Fc ticket prices are similar to Munster Rugby season ticket prices.

Which itself seems bizarre.

sbgawa
05/12/2022, 2:26 PM
The two adults two kids for 400 looks ok, its the individual one at 275 that looks mad but knowing cute Kerry people most fellas will buy a family ticket between them :)
Have to think its a combination of the capacoty being very low as well maybe that they thnk they will fill anyway

EatYerGreens
05/12/2022, 3:26 PM
The two adults two kids for 400 looks ok, its the individual one at 275 that looks mad but knowing cute Kerry people most fellas will buy a family ticket between them :)
Have to think its a combination of the capacoty being very low as well maybe that they thnk they will fill anyway

It's a high risk strategy for a brand new team. And risks the run-in to their first season being dominated by negativity around ticket prices.

culloty82
05/12/2022, 3:48 PM

joey B
05/12/2022, 5:48 PM
They’re getting crucified on Twitter,bad start for them…..

NeverFeltBetter
05/12/2022, 5:55 PM
I'd be concerned by what that decision potentially signifies, which is that the people behind the new club have very little understanding of how this league tends to operate in the lower tier. Treaty's are 190 as far as I remember, and I'd consider that high enough.

listowelceltic
05/12/2022, 6:56 PM
Had planned on buying a kerry season ticket.Not at those prices though.Will pay on the night now.Poor decision by club and alot of bad publicity with it.

joey B
05/12/2022, 7:20 PM

Kinda puts into perspective how badly Kerry have misjudged this,they'll learn from it im sure......

dansultheman
05/12/2022, 8:02 PM
Kerry FC may will have to adjust that price if they are to get the local people to commit to buying season tickets. Be interesting if they slashed that price in the coming days to save face. They haven’t misjudged much, but definitely this one.

culloty82
05/12/2022, 8:14 PM
Released prices of standing tickets now, but can't see this being the end of the matter!

CraftyToePoke
05/12/2022, 8:44 PM
Bit hopeful from our neighbours there & it's good to see they have a blunder in them, which this is. They were worryingly note perfect up to this.

EatYerGreens
05/12/2022, 11:22 PM
It may be the cycnic in me that thinks these significantly cheaper options were only agreed and published late today after the realised the sh!t-storm over the price of the adult stand tickets. But the timing of them is certainly interesting.

CraftyToePoke
05/12/2022, 11:36 PM
It may be the cycnic in me that thinks these significantly cheaper options were only agreed and published late today after the realised the sh!t-storm over the price of the adult stand tickets. But the timing of them is certainly interesting.

Looks like that, but did they really announce their first ticketing without looking around the league for comparison having been meticulous so far ?

culloty82
06/12/2022, 8:23 AM
Looking at the website, when you click on the ticketing link, the Main Stand seats are highlighted in green and grey, so will be very easy for the layperson, let alone the club itself, to track sales.

trevy
06/12/2022, 8:44 AM
Waterford's early bird season ticket is €195 for an adult and you can now reserve a seat. Very strange pricing from Kerry for their adult season ticket. How much are they going to charge on the night?

Longfordian
06/12/2022, 9:00 AM

€200 for a standing ticket is still far too much.

culloty82
06/12/2022, 9:11 AM
Waterford's early bird season ticket is €195 for an adult and you can now reserve a seat. Very strange pricing from Kerry for their adult season ticket. How much are they going to charge on the night?

Even with potentially 3-4 home pre-season games included, that still averages at €12-13 per match in the package. They could yet charge €15 on the night, but given that would work out at €315-330 in total, the maths suggest otherwise.

culloty82
06/12/2022, 9:17 AM
100 stand tickets sold in the first hour, it seems:

Shinkicker
06/12/2022, 9:43 AM

This doesn't really surprise me, people who never had a LOI football club will come out of curiosity and because its new and most likely pay the price asked as there is no close comparison without a bit of travelling . I think the problem will be keeping them next season. It would be good to know the numbers of season tickets sold by first division clubs last year and numbers so far this year to compare. At the prices quoted Kerry must be planning to deliver the results on the pitch. Also what's the price into a club and county GAA match in Kerry?

sbgawa
06/12/2022, 10:10 AM
Fair play to the people down there getting behind the club.
I had a feeling that Kerry people would take the view that supporting the club by paying a few extra pound was worth it.
They were getting hammered on Twitter yesterday about their pricing but Twitter is a place for people that want to be outraged.

Genuine supporters dont value supporting their club on a value for money basis, if i did i wouldnt have spent from 1986 to 2010 best part of 30 years supporting Rovers with no cup wins and one League title.

How many supporters went looking for their season ticket money back in the covid season cancelation, very few.

I do take the point for people that are tight for cash it can be dear but then buddy up with a pal and buy a family ticket package for 400

EatYerGreens
06/12/2022, 2:20 PM
Fair play to the people down there getting behind the club.
I had a feeling that Kerry people would take the view that supporting the club by paying a few extra pound was worth it.
They were getting hammered on Twitter yesterday about their pricing but Twitter is a place for people that want to be outraged.

Genuine supporters dont value supporting their club on a value for money basis, if i did i wouldnt have spent from 1986 to 2010 best part of 30 years supporting Rovers with no cup wins and one League title.

How many supporters went looking for their season ticket money back in the covid season cancelation, very few.

I do take the point for people that are tight for cash it can be dear but then buddy up with a pal and buy a family ticket package for 400

All of which are fair points - except for the fact that Kerry FC doesn't really even exist yet beyond social media.

You can't expect blind loyalty to a club that hasn't played a game yet and has no predecessor either.

culloty82
06/12/2022, 2:54 PM
Well, no senior existence yet beyond social media, but they evidently didn't appreciate the task involved in scaling up from U19 level to adult soccer.

Shinkicker
06/12/2022, 3:11 PM
All of which are fair points - except for the fact that Kerry FC doesn't really even exist yet beyond social media.

You can't expect blind loyalty to a club that hasn't played a game yet and has no predecessor either.
Agree, it won't be loyalty it will be curiosity.

sbgawa
06/12/2022, 4:12 PM

There would be a fair few people with a conection through the underage structure who would be happy to see the club entering the LOI proper as well as the fact that the "soccer" people in Kerry would be quite loyal in general to the Sport considering big brother is in the room in terms of the GAA.
I think / hope the crowds will surprise people and hope they go well

DeLorean
06/12/2022, 4:17 PM

Is this even true, I wonder? As you say, even the layman can check the stand sales and there doesn't appear to be anywhere close to that sold now, nevermind at 10am this morning. Seán O'Keeffe confirmed earlier that 50 seats are being kept for 'VIP's' and that block is clearly visible on the seating plan. Are they including these in the figures?! By my count it still doesn't make 100 even if they are.

dansultheman
06/12/2022, 7:35 PM
The way I see it is that they have a few options for season tickets online. I know quite a few people around Tralee who have bought the East Stand (Including myself) for 200 for the season. That's only 11 euro for every home game plus pre season games.

You have to think that the significant investment in the grounds may have played a part of the reasoning for the price of 275 in the Seated Stand for year 1 as I cannot see them repeating the same mistake twice and to be fair, they have been on the ball up until this.

culloty82
07/12/2022, 12:53 PM
Sean O'Keeffe, speaking in his Kerry FC capacity rather than as KDL chairman, states that limited capacity was the reasoning behind the main stand pricing (paywall):

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/sport/soccer/kerry-fc-general-manager-defends-season-ticket-pricing-structure-as-good-value-42198675.html

The flaw with that argument, however, is that 500 seats at "matching" rates would seem to have had a realistic prospect of selling out, given the interest in the licence announcement, whereas now they'll be doing well to sell half by February, making them more dependent on match-day receipts.

EatYerGreens
07/12/2022, 3:18 PM
Sean O'Keeffe, speaking in his Kerry FC capacity rather than as KDL chairman, states that limited capacity was the reasoning behind the main stand pricing (paywall):

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/sport/soccer/kerry-fc-general-manager-defends-season-ticket-pricing-structure-as-good-value-42198675.html

The flaw with that argument, however, is that 500 seats at "matching" rates would seem to have had a realistic prospect of selling out, given the interest in the licence announcement, whereas now they'll be doing well to sell half by February, making them more dependent on match-day receipts.

Capacity is only limited if demand exceeds it greatly. If only 300 people want to access a 500 capacity stand, then the limitation is largely academic.

It's a ballsy/risky approach by Kerry to go down the 'rarity value' pricing model for something that hasn't been on sale before, and therefore the demand for which is purely just conjecture. Especially when pricing directly impacts demand.

sbgawa
07/12/2022, 3:27 PM
Capacity is only limited if demand exceeds it greatly. If only 300 people want to access a 500 capacity stand, then the limitation is largely academic.

It's a ballsy/risky approach by Kerry to go down the 'rarity value' pricing model for something that hasn't been on sale before, and therefore the demand for which is purely just conjecture. Especially when pricing directly impacts demand.

Does it though ?
Obviously it does to a point but if you are living in Kerry and want to support a Kerry team to the extreme point of being a season ticket holder (which lets be honest in LOI terms is a micro micro micro subset of Irish humanity) will the difference between 200 and 275 stop you...

Rovers season tickets went up from 180 early bird last year to 220 for the cheapest tickets (no early bird this year ) and 300+ for a reserved seats and sales are way up apparantly. Logic doesnt come into it People that buy season tickets are mad im telling you MAAAAAAAADDD ;)

culloty82
07/12/2022, 3:40 PM
Well as far as the website shows, 95 stand tickets have been sold thus far - that's not necessarily to say anymore would be gone by now at the lower rate, would be interesting to know how popular the Terrace is proving by comparison, but am personally inclined to agree with EatYerGreens.

Longfordian
07/12/2022, 4:06 PM
It could make a difference if you're buying them as a present for someone. There are a lot of season tickets given as Christmas presents. Why you'd be willing to spend that much on someone who you clearly wish harm and mental anguish on I don't know but they're sold anyway.

EatYerGreens
07/12/2022, 4:26 PM
Does it though ?
Obviously it does to a point but if you are living in Kerry and want to support a Kerry team to the extreme point of being a season ticket holder (which lets be honest in LOI terms is a micro micro micro subset of Irish humanity) will the difference between 200 and 275 stop you...

Rovers season tickets went up from 180 early bird last year to 220 for the cheapest tickets (no early bird this year ) and 300+ for a reserved seats and sales are way up apparantly. Logic doesnt come into it People that buy season tickets are mad im telling you MAAAAAAAADDD ;)

It is both a long and a well-established principle of economics that pricing and demand are inter-related. It's also basic feckin' common sense.

To the point that I see no sense in trying to engage with someone who believes it doesn't, because anecdotally they think there might just be a few mad eejits in Kerry prepared to drop a couple of grand on a seat at Mounthawk Park :D

DeLorean
07/12/2022, 5:23 PM
Well as far as the website shows, 95 stand tickets have been sold thus far - that's not necessarily to say anymore would be gone by now at the lower rate, would be interesting to know how popular the Terrace is proving by comparison, but am personally inclined to agree with EatYerGreens.

You sure that's not actually 45? O'Keeffe confirmed that 50 seats are being kept for 'VIP's'. I assume they're the block of greys in the middle.

ForzaForth
07/12/2022, 6:05 PM
Earlybird price for Wexford season tickets, covering both men's and women's teams, is €130.

Asterix
07/12/2022, 6:30 PM
Rovers have sold 2750 so far

outspoken
07/12/2022, 6:31 PM
Earlybird price for Wexford season tickets, covering both men's and women's teams, is €130.
Outrageous value

sbgawa
07/12/2022, 6:35 PM
It is both a long and a well-established principle of economics that pricing and demand are inter-related. It's also basic feckin' common sense.

To the point that I see no sense in trying to engage with someone who believes it doesn't, because anecdotally they think there might just be a few mad eejits in Kerry prepared to drop a couple of grand on a seat at Mounthawk Park :D

As someone who spent best part of 30 years buying season tickets with one title and no cups while playing home matches in tolka, Richmond, dalymount , morten stadium ....cork I'm definitely in the MAD segment so I wouldn't talk to me either ;) ;) I spend enough time talking to myself and most of the time disagree with myself as well