PDA

View Full Version : NI vs England/Wales

Gerrit
04/08/2005, 7:20 PM
Having moved in in an apartment very close to Windsor Park, I'm quite tempted to go see Northern Iron's last three qualifier home games. The Azerbaijan game won't be a problem, but I guess ticket demand for the derbies with Wales and England will be a bit higher...

Does anyone know when pre-sales start, and where to purchase a ticket ? (are there any salespoints apart from the IFA offices ?)

And hopefully Northern Iron can save their campaign with a nice victory over the English :D

CollegeTillIDie
04/08/2005, 8:25 PM
Having moved in in an apartment very close to Windsor Park, I'm quite tempted to go see Northern Iron's last three qualifier home games. The Azerbaijan game won't be a problem, but I guess ticket demand for the derbies with Wales and England will be a bit higher...

Does anyone know when pre-sales start, and where to purchase a ticket ? (are there any salespoints apart from the IFA offices ?)

And hopefully Northern Iron can save their campaign with a nice victory over the English :D

Would Linfield FC not be a good place to start?

Gerrit
04/08/2005, 8:58 PM
Could be a good idea... I'm not sure how the IFA distributes tickets, I don't think they use outlets like Ticketmaster like the FAI does. When I went to NI-Germany (that was before moving to Northern Ireland) I booked a ticket directly via the IFA, but I'm not sure if this is the usual and best way to get a ticket.

Linfield FC do not organise any internationals, they lend out their stadium to the IFA (15% of all incomes from Northern Ireland games goes to Linfield !) but they'll surely distribute some tickets or be able to tell me where to go.

I'll have to be fast anyway to get hold on tickets. I can of course just go to the ground before the game and buy a second hand ticket, but as for what I have been told here, I should count on 150 GBP a ticket when buying second hand :eek:

Still, it'd be painful not to be there. I live just off Lisburn Road, the stadium's less than 10 minutes by foot, and all NI fans pass my apartment while going towards the stadium. Having to see that, knowing I'll have to do with seeing it on TV, would be sad... I mean, it's not like big games like these are played every weekend in the North...

CollegeTillIDie
04/08/2005, 10:05 PM
Could be a good idea... I'm not sure how the IFA distributes tickets, I don't think they use outlets like Ticketmaster like the FAI does. When I went to NI-Germany (that was before moving to Northern Ireland) I booked a ticket directly via the IFA, but I'm not sure if this is the usual and best way to get a ticket.

Linfield FC do not organise any internationals, they lend out their stadium to the IFA (15% of all incomes from Northern Ireland games goes to Linfield !) but they'll surely distribute some tickets or be able to tell me where to go.

I'll have to be fast anyway to get hold on tickets. I can of course just go to the ground before the game and buy a second hand ticket, but as for what I have been told here, I should count on 150 GBP a ticket when buying second hand :eek:

Still, it'd be painful not to be there. I live just off Lisburn Road, the stadium's less than 10 minutes by foot, and all NI fans pass my apartment while going towards the stadium. Having to see that, knowing I'll have to do with seeing it on TV, would be sad... I mean, it's not like big games like these are played every weekend in the North...

I would imagine Irish League clubs get an allocation of tickets from the IFA in the same way that EL clubs get one from the FAI and with one maybe two fewer IL clubs around it might mean a few more tickets per club

Fortuna1886
04/08/2005, 10:34 PM

You have no hope of getting a ticket, they have been sold out for months. Your only chance is from a tout. Considering England are only getting 1000 tickets there will big que for blackmarket tickets.

paul_oshea
01/09/2005, 4:59 PM
if you do get one for england gerrit be careful where you sit and i mean that!!!!

Green Tribe
01/09/2005, 7:57 PM
gerrit, go through the IFA, worth a try, phone them up, their number is on their website.

big p from owc
08/09/2005, 11:58 AM
if you do get one for england gerrit be careful where you sit and i mean that!!!!
what do you mean by that ? :mad:

big p from owc
08/09/2005, 12:25 PM
Congratulations; 'Puppets 1 MUPPETS 0' :)
i assume your talking about the plastics v the frogs ? :)

HEY BOBBY WHAT'S THE FRENCH FOR VA VA VOOM ;)

http://www.irishfa.com/binary_data/854.jpg HAIL THE KING . :)

dcfcsteve
08/09/2005, 12:58 PM
i assume your talking about the plastics v the frogs ? :)

HEY BOBBY WHAT'S THE FRENCH FOR VA VA VOOM ;)

http://www.irishfa.com/binary_data/854.jpg HAIL THE KING . :)

One victory of note and all of a sudden a Norn Iron fan is trying to lord it over the Republic ???

Very, very short memory there Big P. I'll remind you of the verb 'to lord' when the North's performances return to sh!te again...

Great result against the English btw - thoroughly deserved, and much more entretaining than the French game.

P.S. How is the Republic team 'plastics' ? You sure your mindset isn't frozen back in the Charlton days...?

big p from owc
08/09/2005, 1:30 PM
One victory of note and all of a sudden a Norn Iron fan is trying to lord it over the Republic ???

Very, very short memory there Big P. I'll remind you of the verb 'to lord' when the North's performances return to sh!te again...

Great result against the English btw - thoroughly deserved, and much more entretaining than the French game.

P.S. How is the Republic team 'plastics' ? You sure your mindset isn't frozen back in the Charlton days...?
i didnt start the insults .. puppets ? ? ?

dcfcsteve
08/09/2005, 1:33 PM
i didnt start the insults .. puppets ? ? ?

I didn't ask you who started the insults....

I asked you how the Irish team were 'plastic'..... ? :confused:

Green Tribe
08/09/2005, 4:08 PM
Well done N.Ireland, please keep topic on thread.....

dcfcsteve
08/09/2005, 6:00 PM
Well done N.Ireland, please keep topic on thread.....

I assume that comments directed at Big P for trying to take the thread onto the Republic v France....?

Fatboy
08/09/2005, 6:05 PM
well done to N. Ireland. England were an embarassment last night and whos fault is it? that excuse of a manager, the fans in the stadium got it right SACK THE SWEDE while we have the chance!
:D

Green Tribe
08/09/2005, 6:07 PM
I assume that comments directed at Big P for trying to take the thread onto the Republic v France....?

Yip, he's a big stirrer sometimes.
End of.

-lamb-
08/09/2005, 9:43 PM
it would take a miracle or a huge slice of luck for you to get yourself a ticket for the wales game gerrit mate, especially after the england result.
you could always get yourself up to ifa headquarters on windsor avenue and ask though. no harm in trying.

ps. " Congratulations; 'Puppets 1 MUPPETS 0' " - looks like trolling to me.
if big p's response isn't right then the trolling shouldn't have been left there for it to happen in the 1st place ;)
peace out.