PDA

View Full Version : 10 Day Baseball Ban for Steriods

pete
04/08/2005, 2:38 PM
US Baseball (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/al/mariners/2005-08-02-franklin-suspension_x.ht)

10 Day Ban for First Offence. Real Tough.

:rolleyes:

shedite
04/08/2005, 6:49 PM
They've actually tried to crack down on it this year. This is the first season I've followed baseball but from what I hear, since everyone cleaned up, they're a lot weaker and there's less home runs which obviously is bad for the game.

Some Baltimore player (not sure if this is the same story), was in his final year (played 21 seasons) and pretty much hall of fame guaranteed, but failed a drug test last weekend. He claimed he took them "by accident" :D

My favourite drug story was the Minnesota Vikings player who was caught wth a device designed to beat drug tests on his way back from a holiday this year. He basically had a strap-on c0ck which we would fill with clean urine and if he was asked to give a sample, just go behind the curtain and unleash the strap-on :D

pete
05/08/2005, 10:11 AM
I get the impression Baseball would eb lot poorer sport without muscle bound steroided players so the authorities not too pushed about giving hard penalties...