PDA

View Full Version : In Charge for a Day !!

A face
03/08/2005, 12:48 AM
Right lads, this is kinda pinched from another board but here goes ....

If you were in charge of the league for a day .... what would you chage to improve it ??

Being realistic, considering budget constraints and staff levels etc. and taking advantage of the media, grants, etc as they currently exist .... What would you do to improve .... or at least what need attention the most ???

Slash/ED
03/08/2005, 1:04 AM
Dock Cork and Derry 15 points each. I'll think up a reason later.

A face
03/08/2005, 1:07 AM
Dock Cork and Derry 15 points each. I'll think up a reason later.

Nah ... you're alright ... Shels dont need a reason !! :eek: :p

Slash/ED
03/08/2005, 1:09 AM
Ah sure we'll humour you with one anyway, wouldn't want you Corkies getting paranoid or anything.

Dr.Nightdub
03/08/2005, 1:45 AM
1. Write to Guide Dogs For The Blind, thanking them for their kind offer but pointing out that a referees' refresher course is a more practical solution to our problem.
2. Appoint Pat Dolan as Press Officer. Well, you did say "take advantage of the media"...
3. Check Pat Dolan's expenses claims. Very carefully.
4. Propose a 13-team Premier Division, just out of divilment.
5. Require all clubs to provide tax clearance certs from the Revenue and independently audited accounts.
6. Put in place a wage cap - expenditure on wages, salaries, bonuses, travel and other expenses, cars and houses to be no more than 60% of a club's audited income.
7. Get Don King to promote the next Shels v Rovers match.
8. Appoint a League Marketing Manager to promote all other matches. (I'm assuming there isn't already a League Marketing Manager. If there is...
8A. Sack the current League Marketing Manager)
9. Make it mandatory to have at least one independent fans' representative on the board of each club. In the case of Shamrock Rovers, one property developer.
10. Stewards / security companies to forfeit all pay in the event of physical violence at a game and the perpetrator not being caught. Not just any poor schmuck, the actual perpetrator. Perps to receive lifetime bans from all LoI grounds.
11. Re-legalise the safe use, by nominated fans, of flares, smokebombs, fountains and whatever other assorted pyrotechical goodies we can get our hands on.
12. Deduct a point from Shels every time they start that fukking raindance chant.

Cosmo
03/08/2005, 7:58 AM
I've said it before on another thread but I would make Eircom League clubs put a percentage of all their income into a special fund which must go to ground improvements (government only pays out on 80% or 70% of invoices when ye do the work you get the grant for) and also marketing/ promoting the club in the local area.

Though I suppose you'd have to be in charge for more than a day to oversee that ;)

patsh
03/08/2005, 9:02 AM
Bring in a proper, completely independent, disciplinary committee, that would use video recordings where available, and really enforce the rules and punishments.

jagman
03/08/2005, 12:02 PM
12. Deduct a point from Shels every time they start that fukking raindance chant.

Amen brother

A face
03/08/2005, 2:42 PM
1.More admin staff for the league.

2.Look into getting full time refs.

3.Get a proper TV deal secured so all clubs benefit from it.

4.Get a proper advertising policy together and then work on a strategy to implement it with all 22 clubs involved.

Slash/ED
03/08/2005, 2:44 PM
Don't know about full time refs, it hasn't helped the standard in England and it's money that could be going elsewhere plus it could mean loseing refs. The only way I'd go for full time refs is if we got some in from abroad.

A face
03/08/2005, 2:46 PM
Don't know about full time refs, it hasn't helped the standard in England and it's money that could be going elsewhere plus it could mean loseing refs. The only way I'd go for full time refs is if we got some in from abroad.

Definitely need to work on their fitness levels, i know there is something in place but the standard should be higher/stricter .... something has to improve.

Slash/ED
03/08/2005, 2:47 PM
I think their fitness could improve without the need to pay them full time, just get them on more training or whatever, it could be done while they're part time.

A face
03/08/2005, 2:54 PM
it could be done while they're part time.

Sorry ... thats what i meant ... if not full time, then at least the league should facilitate them in the off season to complete a fitness course, even subsidies it for them anyway.

joeraki
03/08/2005, 8:22 PM

Most Embarrassing chant of all time. Fact. I've had a few lads watch the live games this season. Shels seem to be on all the time, no probs with that. Some have a few arguments about the EL but I'm shot down every time with something thats on a par with Jeffrey Bungle and George

OneRedArmy
03/08/2005, 8:31 PM
If you were in charge of the league for a day .... what would you chage to improve it ??
Introduce a hunting season for Pat Dolan.

A face
03/08/2005, 8:42 PM
Introduce a hunting season for Pat Dolan.

13 months of the year !! ...... and to hear him tonight going on about training youth for a better type of player and he pawned one of the best in the league for a song. The underbelly of the snake !!

Copa Mundial
03/08/2005, 9:52 PM
Bring in a proper, completely independent, disciplinary committee, that would use video recordings where available, and really enforce the rules and punishments.

I think this season has seen a big improvement on disciplinary issues of past seasons...but still, improvements can be made. :ball:

Copa Mundial
03/08/2005, 10:00 PM

You mean the refs that dont make any mistakes??? :rolleyes: The reason that refs from other countries are perceived to be better than what we have here, is that their respective associations have backed the relevant referee departments with cash and resources in order for them to improve.

It may not be realistic to just say "lets try full time refs", but maybe the FAI should take the initiative and start with 1 or 2 refs and see how it goes.They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.Why spend FAI money on outside refs at the detriment of our own.Just a thought.