PDA

View Full Version : 44Tickets for Ireland v France to be won with the eL & The Star

pete
02/08/2005, 10:22 PM
FAI (http://www.fai.ie/staticarticle.asp?hlid=262371)

Good idea.

dcfcsteve
02/08/2005, 10:54 PM
A nice idea indeed. I'm almost speechless that the FAI is somehow involved in this !

Though call me cynical - I don't doubt quite a few entry forms will go missing, end-up in the bin etc at Eircom League grounds. Wouldn't surprise me if the guys on the gates have no feckin idea what they're supposed to do with those bits of papaer when they're handed-in....

kdjaC
02/08/2005, 11:10 PM
44 what an odd number.

kdjac

Student Mullet
02/08/2005, 11:12 PM
Does 44 tickets mean 2 pair per club? Do fans of poorly supported clubs have a better chance?

dcfcsteve
03/08/2005, 1:05 AM
44 what an odd number.

kdjac

A set of 2 tickets per club ?

Decent bloody odds if you're a fan of Monaghan, Kilkenny or Dublin City surely !!

A face
03/08/2005, 1:16 AM
Decent bloody odds if you're a fan of Monaghan, Kilkenny or Dublin City surely !!

There has to be some advantage for them !! :p

monutdfc
03/08/2005, 9:09 AM
Bumper crowds at our next home games then!!! :D :D :D :D
They're against Kilkenny City and Cobh Ramblers too, our smallest crowds of the year! Roll up, roll up, get your France tickets here!!
We'll definitely promote that aspect of the draw if it's true. Only an hour and a half from Dublin up the motorway folks :D

LFC in Exile
03/08/2005, 11:42 AM
Also a nice touch - fair play. Whoever took them should bring back the old FAI. (Or maybe not...)

Fans, robbed of travelling to the Faroes by fog, are invited to Italy match

Were you one of the fans who booked flights and bought match tickets but didn’t get to the Faroe Islands because of the fog?

The FAI would like to provide you with a complimentary ticket for the home friendly international game against Italy on August 17th if you were one of the disappointed fans.

The FAI hope you will accept this gesture of appreciation because the officer board of the Association want to acknowledge your good intentions and your efforts to support our National team in that crucial match.

The FAI regretted that Ireland’s faithful fans were thwarted by exceptional circumstances on that occasion and decided to take this initiative as a gesture of our appreciation of your loyal support.

This attractive fixture against Italy sees another full-house at Lansdowne Road as Ireland continue the build up to the final World Cup qualifying games in the Autumn.

The match tickets for the Italian game have been sent to the tour operators whose flights were affected by the fog and if you were one of the unlucky fans you should contact your tour operator to avail of the ticket.

The FAI appreciates the effort you made to support the squad in the Faroes and we hope you can make it to Lansdowne for the friendly with the Italians.

Jaime
03/08/2005, 11:43 AM
I'm presuming this isn't going to affect the normal allocations...

LFC in Exile
03/08/2005, 11:43 AM
Though call me cynical - I don't doubt quite a few entry forms will go missing, end-up in the bin etc at Eircom League grounds. Wouldn't surprise me if the guys on the gates have no feckin idea what they're supposed to do with those bits of papaer when they're handed-in....

Who cares if the people handing them in have already paid at the gate. The important thing is to make sure the forms are only collected inside the ground. :ball:

LFC in Exile
03/08/2005, 11:44 AM
I'm presuming this isn't going to affect the normal allocations...

Most of those travelling were probably going to Italy game anyway so may not actually claim tickets.

BohDiddley
03/08/2005, 12:01 PM
Great idea. Fair play to the FAI and, more precisely, to whoever at Merrion Square is responsible. Credit where it's due.
Hopefully, this shows that someone is active in promoting EL. If so, it bodes well for the future.

Patrick Dunne
03/08/2005, 12:21 PM
.. well done to the FAI. They will of course, be put in the bin/ left in the office at some of the clubs. Anyone handing in a form would want to explicitly state what it is for and request that it be forwarded to the FAI !

LFC in Exile
04/08/2005, 10:57 AM
.. well done to the FAI. They will of course, be put in the bin/ left in the office at some of the clubs. Anyone handing in a form would want to explicitly state what it is for and request that it be forwarded to the FAI !

Or when people get in they will be asked to buy a ticket for a draw for 2 tickets to the France match. :)