First Division

Friday 21st (all 19:45)

Waterford v Athlone
Treaty v Wexford
Galway v Longford
Cork v Bray

sbgawa
17/10/2022, 1:23 PM
Massive match for both Pats and Rovers on Friday and Ditto with Derry having two massive matches.
We could be level on points with Derry after the weekend or the league could be over.....Come on Duffer!!!

Dundalk will be hoping to move 4 clear of Pats with a win if we turn the form books upside down and actually win a match.

UCD will be hopeful of getting something off Drogs more so than Harps away to Bohs you'd imagine.

For the O.C.D amongst us i cant remember ever having so many games accross both divisions all kicking off at 19:45......according to RTE anyway but i dont get why Rovers are playing at 19:45 so that could be a mistake by RTE.

Finlay Harp
17/10/2022, 2:03 PM
I think UCD will get points off Drogheda.
Devine will be out to impress in his first home game coupled with the fact he hates Harps. I?m not overly optimistic at this stage.

Neish
18/10/2022, 9:20 AM
A couple of weeks ago I would of really fancied Harps of taking 3 points home from Dalymount but with Devine in at bohs many of his new squad will be looking to impress the new manager & stake a claim for a new contract. Whilst Harps (exclding a few 10-15 min spells) have been largely lackluster in the last few months and many of the squad just don't seem bothered about the club precarious league position

RealJohn91
18/10/2022, 1:25 PM
I'm not expecting much of a new manager bounce for Devine. Most of those players have been a disgrace this season and I don't think they'll have enough professional pride to up their games. We'll be better off without most of them anyway. Harps might be in a similar position but we're so bad defensively they'll be plenty of chances for you.

nigel-harps1954
18/10/2022, 2:42 PM
I'm not expecting much of a new manager bounce for Devine. Most of those players have been a disgrace this season and I don't think they'll have enough professional pride to up their games. We'll be better off without most of them anyway. Harps might be in a similar position but we're so bad defensively they'll be plenty of chances for you.

Expecting a 5-5 scoreline so.

Jack B
18/10/2022, 5:16 PM
Would appreciate Sligo not taking the **** this time around.

TonyD
18/10/2022, 6:54 PM
Would appreciate Sligo not taking the **** this time around.

Indeed. Is Pats/Rovers on RTE ?

joey B
18/10/2022, 7:13 PM

It is yeah….

D24Saint
18/10/2022, 7:14 PM

Wont affect our turnout. The away section is nearly sold out.

ToberonaTornado
20/10/2022, 1:38 AM
Dundalk are running on fumes atm.Our starting xi & Subs bench v Harps last week tells you all you need to know!
Sloggett now done for for the season also although Hoban MIGHT hopefully make a v.welcome comeback soon.
So defo advantage Pats in that regard.

S o'D after win v Harps:

?We?re down a lot of bodies. Greg Sloggett will be out for the season I would suspect. I was just saying to (assistant) Patrick (Cregg), we beat Rovers 1-0 in June and seven of our outfield 10 are unavailable that started that game. Our whole midfield three who started against Rovers and our whole front three and Mark Connolly obviously were unavailable tonight. https://www.independent.ie/regionals/louth/sport/soccer/stephen-odonnell-offers-update-on-dundalk-players-fitness-ahead-of-crucial-league-games-to-finish-the-season-42075161.html

2 home games left now for Dundalk(v Sligo & Bohs) and 1 away(Last game of the season v Derry) It's really going to be tough going to get 3rd place and the auto Euro position so shout outs for a few favours ;)

ontheotherhand
20/10/2022, 6:13 AM
Dundalk are running on fumes atm.Our starting xi & Subs bench v Harps last week tells you all you need to know!
Sloggett now done for for the season also although Hoban MIGHT hopefully make a v.welcome comeback soon.
So defo advantage Pats in that regard.

S o'D after win v Harps:
https://www.independent.ie/regionals/louth/sport/soccer/stephen-odonnell-offers-update-on-dundalk-players-fitness-ahead-of-crucial-league-games-to-finish-the-season-42075161.html

2 home games left now for Dundalk(v Sligo & Bohs) and 1 away(Last game of the season v Derry) It's really going to be tough going to get 3rd place and the auto Euro position so shout outs for a few favours ;)

If we beat Pats for you will you beat Derry for us?

DCSIL
20/10/2022, 8:27 AM
I hope we don't go out with the expectation of just turning up to beat Shels. fallen into that trap before with this team.

Peaky Blinder
20/10/2022, 11:07 AM
I hope we don't go out with the expectation of just turning up to beat Shels. fallen into that trap before with this team.

Genuinely cant see you dropping any more points on the run in. Not only are you winning week in, week out you're not conceding goals either. Our chance is the Tallaght game to try & slow you down, other than that think the rest are gimme's.

joey B
20/10/2022, 1:40 PM
What did Andy Myler do to get banned for the rest of the season?

https://mobile.twitter.com/LOI_Football/status/1583068440986030080

pineapple stu
20/10/2022, 1:50 PM
Got sent off for the third (or is it fourth?) time this season, all for calling the lino a See You Next Tuesday.

So I presume this is a cumulative thing.

Martinho II
20/10/2022, 7:53 PM
Got sent off for the third (or is it fourth?) time this season, all for calling the lino a See You Next Tuesday.

didnt AM have a poor disciplinary record as a player too? I think I remember him with us avin a poor record on the discipline front!

The Bowler
20/10/2022, 8:32 PM

He clearly can't control his temper, a man with form. A man who lost the dressing room a long time ago, and lost a load of quality players who weren't prepared to take that week in week out.

ontheotherhand
21/10/2022, 3:51 AM
He clearly can't control his temper, a man with form. A man who lost the dressing room a long time ago, and lost a load of quality players who weren't prepared to take that week in week out.

You're obviously not a fan and you've said why.....but would other UCD fans not generally think you've done alright this year considering you lost Kerrigan and Whelan?

oriel
21/10/2022, 10:11 AM
If we beat Pats for you will you beat Derry for us?

Deal.................we did this a few times before with nothing to play for last day, beat Bohs 1-0 in 1993 to force the round robin play off (twice) that we weren't involved in, and also 97 I think beat Shels at home which meant Pats won the league.

The 1995 last day was another (we had something to play for but 3rd favs on final day), a fairly avg (but hard working) Dundalk team beat Galway 2-0 last day, Derry had to beat already relegated (i think) Athlone, and only drew 1-1 and missed a pen, Shels were also in as long shot to win it too that day, how we won the league that season still amazes me, if the season went on for another 2 weeks we would have finished 3rd.

Bunny Kelly
21/10/2022, 3:37 PM
Any danger of games getting called off? Would be a curse at this stage of the season

Neish
21/10/2022, 4:09 PM

Ollie Horgan had a good chuckle at that I'd say

pineapple stu
21/10/2022, 6:58 PM
Rovers losing already

Would mean Gent happy for one

CorribsideSteve
21/10/2022, 6:59 PM
Well, well, well, Shamrock Rovers! The atmosphere is genuinely electric though.

pineapple stu
21/10/2022, 7:21 PM
Galway losing at home to Longford, who I think they play again in the playoffs next week?

Caulfield on very shaky ground if they don't go up you'd have thought

CorribsideSteve
21/10/2022, 7:24 PM
Yeah, Longford next. I haven't gone to a game for ages, a few 1st Div games here or there over the last few years, but there would definitely be more appeal if they got promoted. They have been brutal since the summer. Can't see them being promoted, but you never know. I didn't like Caulfield's 'Wimbledon 1990, Plough Lane' style of football at Cork, and it's been a worse version of it at Galway. Rovers equalize.

Longfordian
21/10/2022, 7:31 PM
Galway losing at home to Longford, who I think they play again in the playoffs next week?

Caulfield on very shaky ground if they don't go up you'd have thought

We've beaten them twice already this season. Caulfield is doing a terrible job with the resources they have.

joey B
21/10/2022, 7:40 PM
Harps miss a one on one sitter and a penalty within a minute or so,certain to concede at some stage so that will be that…

joey B
21/10/2022, 8:01 PM
Are Rovers favourites for the league yet?

CorribsideSteve
21/10/2022, 8:02 PM
Advantage Dundalk now. Good turnaround from Rovers. VAR will never be in the LOI but it would surely have ruled out their 2nd goal for the foul by Burke. Even still, Rovers are in a different gear since the 2nd half started and look like scoring more now.

DCSIL
21/10/2022, 8:05 PM
Harps twitter at it again, or are Bohs fans singing in Poor Taste?

Still no goals for us or Shels, Rovers 3-1 up

https://twitter.com/FinnHarpsFC/status/1583537825139462145?cxt=HHwWgsCoveLQ7fkrAAAA

(https://twitter.com/FinnHarpsFC/status/1583537825139462145?cxt=HHwWgsCoveLQ7fkrAAAA)

pineapple stu
21/10/2022, 8:08 PM
Advantage Dundalk now.
Dundalk have to go to Derry the last day of the season, so plenty to play for yet

joey B
21/10/2022, 8:10 PM
Jaysis Pat Fenlon so far ahead of any other co-commentator,Cunningham are tough listen….

pineapple stu
21/10/2022, 8:12 PM
UCD score and Harps concede at the same time

Next week's game even huger now

DCSIL
21/10/2022, 8:15 PM
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

pineapple stu
21/10/2022, 8:20 PM
And Sligo equalise in Dundalk

Lots of twists tonight. Can't remember an evening where all five games mattered at one end or another, and I think eight of the teams have been leading at one stage

MichaelCherrito
21/10/2022, 8:21 PM
That would be two wins at the Brandywell this season for Shels.

joey B
21/10/2022, 8:26 PM
Harps equalise

pineapple stu
Harps equalise and Sligo take the lead.

So advantage Pat's even as they go 4-1 and a man down

Mental evening's games

CorribsideSteve
Sligo lead in Dundalk. I talke it all back lol. Whirldwind evening.

pineapple stu
21/10/2022, 8:28 PM
Harps take the lead and Derry equalise

So Derry the only side not to have led at some stage

CorribsideSteve
21/10/2022, 8:30 PM
Good comeback by Galway too. 3-1 down in their dead rubber, 3-3 now. Derry equalize. A great night of goals and twists.

pineapple stu
21/10/2022, 8:31 PM
Athlone gave it a go too - came back from 3-0 to 3-2 in Waterford but it's 4-2 now

DCSIL
21/10/2022, 8:31 PM
Harps take the lead and Derry equalise

So Derry the only side not to have led at some stage

Mad night..

CorribsideSteve
21/10/2022, 8:35 PM
Dundalk equalize in the last moments, 3-3!

pineapple stu
21/10/2022, 8:39 PM
Bohs equalise!

What a night

Still time for a Derry winner!

ontheotherhand
21/10/2022, 8:45 PM
Are Rovers favourites for the league yet?

Even I'll admit that we are now...

I didn't think we had a performance like that left in us.

joey B
21/10/2022, 8:46 PM
No danger we’d ever hold on to a lead….

ger121
21/10/2022, 8:49 PM
Great League in the World indeed.

The Bowler
21/10/2022, 8:53 PM
What a night, UCD hang on for the win, Harps miss a pen, then still go 2-1 up, but concede in added time, to give the students the edge in the race for the play off spot.ikely still boil down to next Friday nights head to head in Ballybofey. Unless UCD can grab a win I. Their game in hand on Monday v Shels.